New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273074)

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE)

By DreamTR

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

106991671_301339444401018_6047121437448086220_n (resized).jpg
109523437_285306479377758_4006988728783244867_n (resized).jpg
108187792_570131663651648_5487828658185031535_n (resized).jpg
107766146_597457034248008_1954907846590452555_n (resized).jpg
107626581_2746113202377986_1593309442691817929_n (resized).jpg
108048544_3230592326984128_7020817003655983527_n (resized).jpg
108382960_799197577280393_7207262935583274602_n (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 10,500

for sale

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE)

Added: July 16th, 2020 Ended: July 16th, 2020
Condition: Routed - fresh off route

Item description

TV was replaced with one that is not the correct size. Bottom monitor was replaced.CPU board was replacedMODS and lighting stuff added
Game is working fine.
$10500 located at Game Galaxy in Smyrna, TN

Item photos

106991671_301339444401018_6047121437448086220_n (resized).jpg
107626581_2746113202377986_1593309442691817929_n (resized).jpg
107766146_597457034248008_1954907846590452555_n (resized).jpg
108048544_3230592326984128_7020817003655983527_n (resized).jpg
108187792_570131663651648_5487828658185031535_n (resized).jpg
108382960_799197577280393_7207262935583274602_n (resized).jpg
109523437_285306479377758_4006988728783244867_n (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Seller insights

These are DreamTR's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

67.0%

Go to DreamTR's stats page

#2 3 months ago

This is probably the cheapest price I’ve seen for a JJP POTC LE in 2020.

#3 3 months ago

Why the TV?
Is a correct replacement LCD monitor hard to find?

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Why the TV?
Is a correct replacement LCD monitor hard to find?

Not at all. I found one for woz.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Not at all. I found one for woz.

Cool, thanks.
I have a couple JJPs but never had an issue with the screen, so never looked into replacing one.

#6 3 months ago

Great price, Jason. Good luck with the sale.

#7 3 months ago

Lowered to $10.500

#8 3 months ago

I played a couple games on this Sunday afternoon. Plays great!

#9 3 months ago

JJP sells these monitors I do believe as spare parts, buy this pin and reach out to them.

#10 3 months ago

Why the smaller replacement monitor? What’s the story on this?

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

Why the smaller replacement monitor? What’s the story on this?

Cpu board replace too? Maybe lighting took them out?

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

This is probably the cheapest price I’ve seen for a JJP POTC LE in 2020.

Well there’s obvious reasons for that.

#13 3 months ago

What's the story on this? Seems odd.

#14 3 months ago

Odd indeed

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Well there’s obvious reasons for that.

Spill the beans, someone know something?

#16 3 months ago

There is a thread about this machine and why it's like it is . Regardless a new monitor and it sld be good to go . So at the current price it's a great deal and thousands below what recent sales have been but I can understand the hesitation and why it didn't sell right away. I'd guess its sold by morning tho after op checks all his messages lol. If I was little closer I'd get it and put in a new monitor and sell it to a friend that's looking for one.

#17 3 months ago

I think this price is in line with current sales, even a good deal. I paid ~$1k more for my LE; with that difference you can easily bring this up to snuff and still have rum money to spare!

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Spill the beans, someone know something?

It's a routed game with a effing television where the monitor goes. And it still costs more than it did new.

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

It's a routed game with a effing television where the monitor goes. And it still costs more than it did new.

I chimed in uneducated. Maybe I spoke too soon?
Due diligence is always prudent when spending $10K.

#20 3 months ago

Pirates prices may be coming back to "reality". 2-3 months ago perfect HUO LE's were going for $11.5k - $12.5k with mods after sitting for a while and then all of a sudden there was a jump to $13k - $15k on some sales which seemed odd.

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I chimed in uneducated. Maybe I spoke too soon?
Due diligence is always prudent when spending $10K.

I'm just saying that this proves how brainwashed we are about this game. Lol. We are handing the guy a medal for selling it at only 11k when it definitely has some issue we know about. My question is what do we NOT know about with it? And yet still more than a new one used to cost. This game has gotten way out if hand price wise.

With that said I'm sure op sold it over night because sadly, despite all that, it is a good price.... dammit.

#22 3 months ago

With a good cleaning, the proper "TV" from JJP, maybe a set of radcals if the art has any routing wear...could clean up nice.

#23 3 months ago

Everyone should know documented history on a machine even at 5k much less 10k - it’s like buying a 10k car and running a carfax to see a report.

#24 3 months ago

Game is still available. Everything is working fine. The monitor was the wrong size when it was replaced. Nothing nefarious here

#25 3 months ago

Not sure why a PM number posted in here lol but yes, game is fine just had a lot of issues at one point when I had it

#26 3 months ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Game is still available. Everything is working fine. The monitor was the wrong size when it was replaced. Nothing nefarious here

dont worry, just a bunch of owners that were cashing in over the short time that HUO were selling at north of 15k.
They are freaking out now that price is dropping and trying to set up the excuses for why a routed example is not selling at such a low price after a few days.

Reality is that anyone that has played this game, knows it is well maintained and very nice.

#27 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont worry, just a bunch of owners that were cashing in over the short time that HUO were selling at north of 15k.
They are freaking out now that price is dropping and trying to set up the excuses for why a routed example is not selling at such a low price after a few days.

Do you also do this kinda stuff in the Rick and Morty and TBL threads. You know a routed pin with a hacked monitor and list of other past issues is going to scare off most buyers and sell at the bottom of the market. And any high end pin can sit for days or weeks in a particular market, especially a small one like Nashville. This is a great opportunity to pick one up.

#28 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Cool, thanks.
I have a couple JJPs but never had an issue with the screen, so never looked into replacing one.

had to replace 2 of them for bad pixels.

#29 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Do you also do this kinda stuff in the Rick and Morty and TBL threads. You know a routed pin with a hacked monitor and list of other past issues is going to scare off most buyers and sell at the bottom of the market. And any high end pin can sit for days or weeks in a particular market, especially a small one like Nashville. This is a great opportunity to pick one up.

there we go with the exaggeration. Gotta love how owners will try and shit in the guys FS thread and down play the specific game when it is not selling for the previously inflated prices.

This is an obviously well maintained and lower play routed example. (look at it and you can see how well maintained and little play it has. This is essentially a HUO with the bugs worked out and the wrong monitor.... I played this exact game pre-covid and it played great!

It has mods and a single 'issue' which is the need to replace the monitor with the correct size. That monitor is readily available for a few hundred.
What is your list of other issues???

Nashville is a pretty decent market and 5 hr drive from 4 other pretty major cities and a days round trip from pretty much the hotbed of pinball.

#30 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there we go with the exaggeration.
This is an obviously well maintained and lower play routed example. (look at it and you can see how well maintained and little play it has. This is essentially a HUO with the bugs worked out and the wrong monitor....
It has mods and a single 'issue' which is the need to replace the monitor with the correct size. That monitor is readily available for a few hundred.
Nashville is a pretty decent market and 5 hr drive from 4 other pretty major cities and a days round trip from pretty much the hotbed of pinball.

I hear you .... but “bugs” worked out?

No way do you replace a CPU motherboard, main display monitor and bottom monitor and say that’s bugs.
What happen? Something major take out all those electrical components?

Also, I can not tell shit from those pictures. Please turn the game off, turn the lights on and take some better pictures of everything including the shooter lane.

If you do all this and it looks and seems reasonable this would be sold quickly (assuming all looks good). Online we don’t have the luxury to see it in person so a little help goes a long way!

#31 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there we go with the exaggeration. Gotta love how owners will try and shit in the guys FS thread and down play the specific game when it is not selling for the previously inflated prices.
This is an obviously well maintained and lower play routed example. (look at it and you can see how well maintained and little play it has. This is essentially a HUO with the bugs worked out and the wrong monitor.... I played this exact game pre-covid and it played great!

Bit exaggerated of a response.

I own, and have played a good handful of examples of POTC in the wild, and can't tell much from these photos, what condition it's in, or how many plays have been on it.

I can certainly say I wouldn't say it's akin to a HUO game.

That said, I DO see a Cliffy on the Tortuga Hole...! Which could mean it's well maintained...or is covering chipping, which routed games can definitely have.

I'd also say debating with posters, as to their intent of possible criticism, might not help this guy with his sale.

$10,500 for a routed game, isn't demonstrating a lack of desire for this title at all, it's more people displaying reason as to the possible condition of said game.

That said, good luck with the sale OP! I'm sure it'll be sold, sooner, rather than later..!

#32 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Exaggeration!? Shit on his ad!? I only reiterated what he said in the ad - and said it was a great deal. And it’s been on the market for a day. You shit on more things in a week then I have done in 7 years on here. You can spin it but the southeast is a relatively small market for high end pins.

Great deal. GLWS.

#33 3 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No way do you replace a CPU motherboard, main display monitor and bottom monitor and say that’s bugs.
What happen? Something major take out all those electrical components?

doesnt matter...

Honestly... this is NEW MPU and displays...
I dont see the big deal... granted I work on pins as well as play them as well as route them.

This is clearly a minor cause for any concern. Game is also obviously well maintained. Can tell that even from sub-par pics.

#34 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Exaggeration!? I only reiterated what he said in the ad - and said it was a great deal. And it’s been on the market for a day. You can spin it, but the southeast, is a relatively small market for high end pins.

This is a one day drive and centrally located within easy reach from a huge chunk of the pinball community.

#35 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

doesnt matter...
I dont see the big deal... granted I work on pins as well as play them as well as route them.
This is clearly a minor cause for any concern. Game is also obviously well maintained. Can tell that even from sub-par pics.

Quoted from Whysnow:

doesnt matter...

How hard is it to take a few decent photos. No way I am taking that drive with out those photos.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside