905899D1-1F4D-493F-83B9-BCAF7D24BB6E (resized).jpeg
CE9AB44E-58A1-4383-91D4-1CDF9E2007DC (resized).jpeg
1451F3AB-8230-46CB-9335-1ED372009D31 (resized).jpeg
739360A4-EB19-4A86-BD41-63C8CD262A1F (resized).jpeg
91E172AA-35B0-46DD-88EC-6052363B18AC (resized).jpeg
1BA66542-9513-47BD-8760-76EF17A1B9DE (resized).jpeg
F2CBDCB7-47B1-4B50-8D27-4E4950E4B750 (resized).jpeg
1652F43A-AEC0-4DEE-9256-3B958E62FCB1 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE)

Added: 2020-01-23 05:25:15 UTC • Ended: January 24th, 2020
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 10,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Do to my husband having some health issues we are going to suspend the sale at this moment thanks for all the interest we will re up the ad when things get back to normal.Thanks

Item photos

1451F3AB-8230-46CB-9335-1ED372009D31 (resized).jpeg
1652F43A-AEC0-4DEE-9256-3B958E62FCB1 (resized).jpeg
1BA66542-9513-47BD-8760-76EF17A1B9DE (resized).jpeg
739360A4-EB19-4A86-BD41-63C8CD262A1F (resized).jpeg
905899D1-1F4D-493F-83B9-BCAF7D24BB6E (resized).jpeg
91E172AA-35B0-46DD-88EC-6052363B18AC (resized).jpeg
A07A4648-C698-497C-9A96-3352B736805C (resized).jpeg
BD8DA301-69F1-48F6-BEAA-473CD49001C8 (resized).jpeg
CE9AB44E-58A1-4383-91D4-1CDF9E2007DC (resized).jpeg
D1434807-E91B-4E95-88CD-C586B17D6332 (resized).jpeg
D9E9EA92-9499-446C-964D-31E892F101D6 (resized).jpeg
F2CBDCB7-47B1-4B50-8D27-4E4950E4B750 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Wesmantooth's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Wesmantooth's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

St. Peters, MO, US

#2 4 years ago

Thought I’d never say this six months ago. But it’s a great price!
My guess is it will be sold within a day.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That’s exactly what I thought too! Crazy

#4 4 years ago

They will continue to lower in price. It was getting ridiculous.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Considering ones listed at 12.5 sold in hours this will be sold in very shortly lol.

#6 4 years ago

Nice game!! GLWS (probably don't need it though, LOL)

#7 4 years ago

Has to be sold by now.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Considering ones listed at 12.5 sold in hours this will be sold in very shortly lol.

Shocker! A JJPOTC owner pumping prices of these games that will soon be remade.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

These are going fast. I sold mine within 10 mins of listing it, had a line of 8 people behind the buyer. These are going for $12-$14k+. If this one were local to me, I'd consider it at this price.

Personally, I don't think they will be remade and if they are, it won't be $9500 for an LE.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

... of these games that will soon be remade.

Is that why I've noticed so many going up for sale very recently? Would be nice having another opportunity to buy a brand new POTC from Jersey Jack.,

#11 4 years ago

my buddy listed his for 11.5 and it was gone in hours.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Is that why I've noticed so many going up for sale very recently? Would be nice having another opportunity to buy a brand new POTC from Jersey Jack.,

First I've heard of it, I would love to see a source on this.

#13 4 years ago

I asked someone in the know. They said JJP had a bear of a time building them... he said “no,” they won’t be going on the line again.

Who knows, tho. Seems like they should fire it up again and push out more.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Not only a owner but someone who is also planning on selling theirs soon.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Not only a owner but someone who is also planning on selling theirs soon.

I know it looks shady but the guy is just pointing out the obvious. It should sell no question based on the market. Simple as that. No price pumping just reality

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Remade? Wishful thinking.

#17 4 years ago

Go to the Jersey Jack webpage. Notice that they have every single pin they have ever made on their front splash page either as a photo or scrolling through photos... but they do not have Pirates listed at all. It's like they want the game to be forgotten.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I asked someone in the know. They said JJP had a bear of a time building them... he said “no,” they won’t be going on the line again.
Who knows, tho. Seems like they should fire it up again and push out more.

Only reason it shot up in price is because people want it now since it's in low production. Just like how prices are so high on CC and BBB. The game is good but there are plenty of other titles that are much better and can be had for less. The demand wasn't there before and it's why they stopped production. It's not there now either and just because 8-10 people line up doesn't mean JJP would sell thousands.

Quoted from delt31:

I know it looks shady but the guy is just pointing out the obvious. It should sell no question based on the market. Simple as that. No price pumping just reality

No shit it will sell. You would have to be an idiot or living under was rock not to know that at this price. I don't think anyone in this thread questioned that but the reality is if owners want to point out the obvious then so will I.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Go to the Jersey Jack webpage. Notice that they have every single pin they have ever made on their front splash page either as a photo or scrolling through photos... but they do not have Pirates listed at all. It's like they want the game to be forgotten.

Straight to Davey Jones locker, forever!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Only reason it shot up in price is because people want it now since it's in low production. Just like how prices are so high on CC and BBB. The game is good but there are plenty of other titles that are much better and can be had for less. The demand wasn't there before and it's why they stopped production. It's not there now either and just because 8-10 people line up doesn't mean JJP would sell thousands.

No shit it will sell. You would have to be an idiot or living under was rock not to know that at this price. I don't think anyone in this thread questioned that but the reality is if owners want to point out the obvious then so will I.

Most have a tendency to want what isn’t available or cant be had, funny thing in life!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Most have a tendency to want what isn’t available or cant be had, funny thing in life!

Greed!

#22 4 years ago

It's not there because it's currently sold out. Jack could still make more, but I'm thinking they've lost money on this title (disc, chest redesigns, playfield pooling issues, complex assembly) and would need to charge more if re-released down the road.

I was interested in getting one til I found all the modes are more or less the same, just shooting various shots to collect characters. There's still a lot of good stuff in the game but IMHO not nearly worth the price with games like JP2 and IM available now.

#23 4 years ago

Someday in the distant future we might have a single thread related to this game that doesn't turn into an argument over whether they'll make more. They definitely won't! Or they totally have to! Think of all the money! Something about licensing! Something about BOM! Anecdote involving other game!

Sorry to be negative, but no one here knows for sure (and those that do aren't going to post about it).

#24 4 years ago

You said it

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's not there because it's currently sold out. Jack could still make more, but I'm thinking they've lost money on this title (disc, chest redesigns, playfield pooling issues, complex assembly) and would need to charge more if re-released down the road.
I was interested in getting one til I found all the modes are more or less the same, just shooting various shots to collect characters. There's still a lot of good stuff in the game but IMHO not nearly worth the price with games like JP2 and IM available now.

So is The Hobbit.

#26 4 years ago

I’m half tempted to sell mine, I think I’d rather have MmR/AfmR and Sterns Potc.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Only reason it shot up in price is because people want it now since it's in low production. Just like how prices are so high on CC and BBB. The game is good but there are plenty of other titles that are much better and can be had for less. The demand wasn't there before and it's why they stopped production.

It's simple supply and demand. Production numbers mean nothing if there is no demand. The game is amazing. But that is just my opinion. The demand wasn't there initially. A lot of potential buyers backed out when the spinning rings were nixed. Games trickled out which lead to a slow start. By the time people had a chance to play it, it was already decided that they were not going to do another run. Which goes back to my first point. The demand is there if people are willing to pay 3K+ more than NIB prices last year.

Quoted from metallik:

So you're saying you have never played it before?

#28 4 years ago

Yes I played it... start a mode, it assigns characters from that storyline to various shots, and you shoot those shots to collect the characters and finish the mode. This along with all the other features (choosing your gameplay character and perk is cool), but I was hoping for more in-depth mode rules.

#29 4 years ago

So is The Hobbit.

Still available new from distributors, plus the used market is saturated with them. I'd expect JJP to not make more til used supply dries up. Crank out the Wonkas in the meantime.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Someday in the distant future we might have a single thread related to this game that doesn't turn into an argument over whether they'll make more. They definitely won't! Or they totally have to! Think of all the money! Something about licensing! Something about BOM! Anecdote involving other game!
Sorry to be negative, but no one here knows for sure (and those that do aren't going to post about it).

The person I talked to knows JJP well on the inside. They said it was a nightmare to manufacture. Read into that what you will... but it was problematic.

And we all know sales weren’t crazy strong.

Perfect recipe for abandon ship!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The person I talked to knows JJP well on the inside. They said it was a nightmare to manufacture. Read into that what you will... but it was problematic.
And we all know sales weren’t crazy strong.
Perfect recipe for abandon ship!

Jack asked one of the largest distros in the country (personal communication) to keep them on his website in order to gauge interest for another run. It's gonna happen. The only question is when, and how much. I would bet there will be an upcharge of $500, but hope not. I sold mine for TBL, no regrets, but would get another if NIB and fairly priced.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Lol yea thats it?.. have u not noticed them selling quickly for 12.5-14? Im.just stating the obvious not pumping anything. .I'm actually surprised they are going for so much and glad I got to own it before they went crazy. Also i paid much more than nib price for mine 7 months ago.

#33 4 years ago

It's there. I just checked.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I would bet there will be an upcharge of $500, but hope not.

Hahahahaha. (You’re joking, right?)

#35 4 years ago

Courtesy of Jersey Jack Pinball

Capturepotc (resized).JPGCapturepotc (resized).JPG
#36 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

but I was hoping for more in-depth mode rules.

That is interesting. The majority of people complain about how complex the rules are. Which they really aren’t. But there is definitely a lot going on. The chapters are not as unique as Hobbit modes. If they were I think it would take the game to a whole other level. But the multiball modes, the mini wizard modes, the pirate inlane awards, the various characters and the ability to stack all of these in various different ways is what makes this game shine. Check out the rules

http://tiltforums.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-rulesheet-wip/4169

#37 4 years ago

It could be like me somebody played the game at a friends and now he wants one for his game room!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It could be like me somebody played the game at a friends and now he wants one for his game room!

I’m talking about the price.
Willing to pay whatever to get one and charging too much for them knowing they are desirable. No offense to you and all that want one

#39 4 years ago

All true, but not on their home page. You have to click games to get there

#40 4 years ago

no longer for sale now but when it is, it won’t be at 10.5

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The majority of people complain about how complex the rules are. Which they really aren’t. But there is definitely a lot going on. The chapters are not as unique as Hobbit modes. If they were I think it would take the game to a whole other level. But the multiball modes, the mini wizard modes, the pirate inlane awards, the various characters and the ability to stack all of these in various different ways is what makes this game shine.

Yea, the rest of the rules are good and I was assuming the modes had more meat on them; I agree that would have taken it to another level. As it is, JP2 and Iron Maiden wound up giving me the gameplay depth I wanted, and with better-shooting playfields to boot.

#42 4 years ago

I have seen games listed for sale due to unexpected health issues.

Until today I have not seen a FS listing with apparently a bunch big interest pulled by a wife due to health reasons.

Good luck!

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes I played it... start a mode, it assigns characters from that storyline to various shots, and you shoot those shots to collect the characters and finish the mode. This along with all the other features (choosing your gameplay character and perk is cool), but I was hoping for more in-depth mode rules.

Wait until the update is released. Beta is incredible

#44 4 years ago

I like pirates. It's one of the better JJP games. Much better than WOZ or Hobbit (for whatever that's worth). Layout is great. Looks are great. Just too much going on, that makes it seem overly complex. You want depth in a game, but you also what clear cut goals that are fun to achieve, while you are working along your ultimate journey for the final ending. This is where a game like LOTR really shines. Clear cut objectives that are fun, but deep and complex enough for the long haul. It's a fine line to walk, before there are too many things going on, everything is lit, and the player loses interest because of too much. But if I was going to buy a JJP game, it would be pirates or dialed in.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

no longer for sale now but when it is, it won’t be at 10.5

This move is unprecedented!!! And to cover up for it, let's say someone is sick. That should do nicely.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-22?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.