• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lulz.jpg
POTC (resized).jpg
POTC (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE)

Added: 2019-05-23 16:33:03 UTC • Ended: May 31st, 2019
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 11,100 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

I have a brand new in box POTC LE JJP machine being delivered today. If you are interested, then feel free to reach out. I may end up keeping it as well but open to offers. I am deciding if I want to wait for the next Stern game or keep Pirates LE.

Item photos

POTC (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jeffgoldstein2's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jeffgoldstein2's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 10,850

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Hawthorn Woods, IL, US

#2 4 years ago

I bought my Pirates LE somewhat speculatively and decided to keep it after going back and forth for a couple weeks. So glad I did as it is such a fantastically enjoyable game to play at home!

Probably the only game I own that I can sell for more than I have into it, but mine's not going anywhere. Way too fun to lose!

Yours won't last long on the market.

#3 4 years ago

It won't last long at 9500 but at 11,100 I'll be curious to see how this goes. Good luck with sale.

#4 4 years ago

Glws! I may sell my NIB LE as well. We'll see

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I bought my Pirates LE somewhat speculatively and decided to keep it after going back and forth for a couple weeks. So glad I did as it is such a fantastically enjoyable game to play at home!
Probably the only game I own that I can sell for more than I have into it, but mine's not going anywhere. Way too fun to lose!
Yours won't last long on the market.

That is why I am on the fence, Selling it maybe a huge regret.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

That is why I am on the fence, Selling it maybe a huge regret.

Well if someone really wants to pony up that kind of cash for the LE, then sell it and get a Standard.

#7 4 years ago

You'll be lucky to get $8500 for it. They stopped selling them because no one wanted them.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Well if someone really wants to pony up that kind of cash for the LE, then sell it and get a Standard.

With sales tax and shipping the game comes in around $10,550 retail (varys depending on state).

#9 4 years ago

Aren't these $9500 + tax + shipping? 11,100 OBO seems fair if someone really wants an LE since you can't get them anymore. Good luck with your sale! I bought an XMENLE from Jeff years ago and he went out of his way to help me get it from Chicago to MN.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You'll be lucky to get $8500 for it. They stopped selling them because no one wanted them.

I'd still be happy! It is still a great game!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Aren't these $9500 + tax + shipping? 11,100 OBO seems fair if someone really wants an LE since you can't get them anymore. Good luck with your sale! I bought an XMENLE from Jeff years ago and he went out of his way to help me get it from Chicago to MN.

Thanks! I do feel my asking price is reasonable.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I was told they will go back on the line after Wonka (assuming there is demand)

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pfft, get a grip man. I can’t tell if it’s just trolling or just plain stupid

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told they will go back on the line after Wonka

If they don't go back on the line, the prices for these machines will go up! They are truly a game of no equal at this time. I think the more people get to play them and understand rule set and game play this pin is remarkable, along with layout and toys! Only time will tell, I do hope more get made as I would love to see more people owning these.
GLWS! But IMO you will regret it in the end!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

LOL

#16 4 years ago

Fwiw, the biggest operator in Indy still says it's his favorite pin ever made. Most people's opinions don't matter to me but his does. I've had a blast every time I play one for sure.

#17 4 years ago

If they start selling for this amount, expect to see them back on the line for $10,500.

#18 4 years ago

I was told the exact opposite. Too difficult to build and costly they said

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Initially, yes. But now the game is a masterpiece.

Quoted from Whysnow:

That will be years down the road. I doubt it happens and if it does, it won’t be $9500, like YBR.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:You'll be lucky to get $8500 for it. They stopped selling them because no one wanted them.

Yeah it's such a bad pin it is the one and only one I reluctantly plunked down for a NIB after being in the hobby for almost 20 years.

Not reluctance due to the game I am just a tightwad.

That being said I think it has been the best pin purchase I have ever made....

#21 4 years ago

why do people keep thinking it is not going back on the line?

I was told that it specifically will be (after or alongside Wonka after it gets moving).

JJP wants sales and the title has demand already. The ONLY reason it was cut short was cause when Pat L has a title like Wonka ready to rock then you make it happen.

After Wonka bolus comes out and pace slows on that title, then JJP POTC will be back on the line (with likely a new trim package for LE and also running standards).

I think the only question is IF they will carry the new WONKA price or not? My personal guess is they will be at the new price point once they go back on the line. Anyone that bought early and has one now has the opportunity to sell at peak price if they want so not much they can complain about if they are NIB later for a lower pricepoint.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told that it specifically will be (after or alongside Wonka after it gets moving).
JJP wants sales and the title has demand already. The ONLY reason it was cut short was cause when Pat L has a title like Wonka ready to rock then you make it happen.
After Wonka bolus comes out and pace slows on that title, then JJP POTC will be back on the line (with likely a new trim package for LE and also running standards).
I think the only question is IF they will carry the new WONKA price or not? My personal guess is they will be at the new price point once they go back on the line. Anyone that bought early and has one now has the opportunity to sell at peak price if they want so not much they can complain about if they are NIB later for a lower pricepoint.

Who are your sources? I was told something completely different by someone who is 'in the know.'

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I was told the exact opposite. Too difficult to build and costly they said

Every interview Eric has done since the game has been released. And the debacle of the Discgate chest etc. You can almost tell in his voice Eric has been checked and potc was a lesson learned. Too complex for the line workers. Too many issues. Which is unfortunate.

But once you get the game Dialed in. There is no game that compares with the amount of mechs and complexity. POTC is truly amazing.

IMO if they ever do hit the line again. Prepare for YellowBrick road WoZ Except for -5 monkeys instead of one. I have a feeling they wont be coming back on the line though. Onto the next for JJP. With their new 2+ games a year schedule.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

... But once you get the game Dialed in. There is no game that compares with the amount of mechs and complexity. POTC is truly amazing. ...

This.

And FWIW (to all), my POTC did require an assortment of fixes and adjustments in order to dial it in, but this wasn't really any different than what I've typically encountered with numerous other NIBs that I've purchased. Now that it is, the game's strategy/scoring options, features, immersion, and overall vibe are like non other that I've played!

#25 4 years ago

It would take A LOT more than a $1500 profit to pry this game out of my hands. Keep it an play it. Way to good of a game to sell for a couple bucks more than you bought it for.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is where I would lay odds at. New run after Wonka, with a 10,500 price point. They have already sold 200 CEs at 12500, so its not too much of a stretch.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Check your source, don't think this is accurate. They might make them again, but it is done for now, I'd guess for years. Wonka will run a long time and then you have the next two titles. That will take you well into 2021.

#28 4 years ago

The game is here! Garage pickup.

POTC (resized).jpgPOTC (resized).jpg
#29 4 years ago

The game is here! Garage pickup.[quoted image]

Open it. Play it. LOVE it!!!!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Who are your sources? I was told something completely different by someone who is 'in the know.'

His ass, like always.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If this hits the line again I doubt it will be at 9.5k. I hope it does so more people can enjoy it

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What a line of horseshit. Everyone wants this machine.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I think the demand is there but at $9500 it isn’t making money and with the widespread PF issues going on now it’s even worse.

How many 50% discounted pf’s are they going to have to sell?

I bet a minimum of a couple hundred.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jack himself at TPF said they have no plans to make any more.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

IMO if they ever do hit the line again. Prepare for YellowBrick road WoZ Except for -5 monkeys instead of one.

they could remove all the mechs from POTC and reskin it as
TOY-less-STORY.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Open it. Play it. LOVE it!!!!

I honestly think given all the quality issues with this game, you may be better off opening, making sure it all works, then selling. I think you can probably get the same price.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jack has already said that a Black Pearl edition or whatever will never happen. Now after WOZ RR, WOZ YBR, and Hobbit Black Arrow who really knows lol. As others have said it sure sounds like the game is done for good. JJP is moving onto 2 games per year and as Wonka has already shown slightly scaled back games in terms of features which is the exact opposite of Pirates.

#38 4 years ago

Yep just heard from a phenomenal source and it will never be made again

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Those in the know do anyway.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Yep just heard from a phenomenal source and it will never be made again

Price going up! Haha

#41 4 years ago

Price going up! Haha

Seller is a good guy. This isn't a guy who goes around flipping NIB's either.
Purchase with confidence.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Initially, yes. But now the game is a masterpiece.

Thank you for your comment. I was unaware that people have changed their opinions so much on this game.

Has it changed much since march? I've played it extensively and have talked to a lot of other people who have as well and the majority found it not very fun. So I stopped playing it sometime in March. There is a lot in it, but it just missed the mark. Maybe there is new code that has transformed it? The last time I really paid attention, people were trying to sell these at a significant loss.
I love all the gestapo here that disagree with people's assessments and just call them a troll or an idiot. It's ok to disagree. Geez, it's an effing pinball machine and I gave an honest opinion. Lighten up Francis.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Jack himself at TPF said they have no plans to make any more.

If these indeed are now in high demand and selling at a premium, why wouldn't JJP make more? Didn't Jack say they have a second line just for this reason?

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

IMO if they ever do hit the line again. Prepare for YellowBrick road WoZ Except for -5 monkeys instead of one. I have a feeling they wont be coming back on the line though. Onto the next for JJP. With their new 2+ games a year schedule.

I would expect:

Virtual ball lock for chest
Lack of starmap
Maaayyybe no spinning Tom

The rest would most likely remain untouched as the redesign would be too costly.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If these indeed are now in high demand and selling at a premium, why wouldn't JJP make more? Didn't Jack say they have a second line just for this reason?

Im not sure they are selling at a premium, but you might find demand above $9500 for an LE. This one hasn’t sold yet and there are still standards around.

As for production, initial demand was weak, they didn’t order enough parts to continue beyond what had been planned and they had to move on to planning for the next game. I think production cost may be an issue too, but not sure on that.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Thank you for your comment. I was unaware that people have changed their opinions so much on this game.
Has it changed much since march? I've played it extensively and have talked to a lot of other people who have as well and the majority found it not very fun. So I stopped playing it sometime in March. There is a lot in it, but it just missed the mark. Maybe there is new code that has transformed it? The last time I really paid attention, people were trying to sell these at a significant loss.
I love all the gestapo here that disagree with people's assessments and just call them a troll or an idiot. It's ok to disagree. Geez, it's an effing pinball machine and I gave an honest opinion. Lighten up Francis.

I don’t know what changed recently, if anything, but when I initially played it about a year ago, it didn’t click. I played it at TPF with Eric and I started to see the game differently. Now that I have it in my home, it’s even better. Lots of shots, unique layout, great rule set and sound and just flat out fun to play. My son and I were playing last night and he loved plundering points and gold from me.

#46 4 years ago

Has anyone here seen/ played the LE next to a Standard? If so, is the Standard a significant come down from the LE in terms of overall experience? I realize gameplay is the same.

#47 4 years ago

I would say if you are used to standard Stern pins then there is not much there but I guess there are some decent upgrades for the $1000 difference.

#48 4 years ago

I unboxed mine on Christmas Day. Played it right away. Have only had to tighten two screws since owning it and playing it most days of the week. No chipping or wear on my playfield. My initial show impression was that it was an average game, but now as a 5+ month HUO owner, it gets better every time I play it. Shots are smooth and game has a lot of flow. Music, lights, and call outside are amazing. So much to do. It's a slow burn game that really takes time to appreciate, and that is why it's popularity has continued to grow.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I unboxed mine on Christmas Day. Played it right away. Have only had to tighten two screws since owning it and playing it most days of the week. No chipping or wear on my playfield. My initial show impression was that it was an average game, but now as a 5+ month HUO owner, it gets better every time I play it. Shots are smooth and game has a lot of flow. Music, lights, and call outside are amazing. So much to do. It's a slow burn game that really takes time to appreciate, and that is why it's popularity has continued to grow.

I've only had my POTC LE for just over a week.

I can already tell that this machine is going to be a keeper.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You might be thinking of a different pin? If you look at the archive here, I cannot find a single sale that was priced at what I'd call a significant loss of this machine. In fact very few used have even been up for sale. I think the biggest "loss" i saw was someone selling $1k below retail because they needed a quick sale. The majority of these used machines are selling for $500 or less off of new price, and they are often sale pending within an hour.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-1?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.