• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lulz.jpg
POTC (resized).jpg
POTC (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I didn’t enjoy it much at the two shows I played it but the more you learn the rules the better it gets. There is so much to do that it was very difficult for me to grasp everything going on. This is probably the first game I’ve had to put time into learning the rules. Well worth it though.

#52 4 years ago

Hey! I have an idea..... let’s go play some pinball!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I honestly think given all the quality issues with this game, you may be better off opening, making sure it all works, then selling. I think you can probably get the same price.

If youre going to get the same price, why go through all that work?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If youre going to get the same price, why go through all that work?

Cosmo coming in here trying to make sense... LoL

#55 4 years ago

Plan on opening this on Memorial Day / Monday if I don't close a deal.

Maybe interested in a partial trade deal for a nice Shadow or Used Batman 66.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Thank you for your comment. I was unaware that people have changed their opinions so much on this game.
Has it changed much since march? I've played it extensively and have talked to a lot of other people who have as well and the majority found it not very fun. So I stopped playing it sometime in March. There is a lot in it, but it just missed the mark. Maybe there is new code that has transformed it? The last time I really paid attention, people were trying to sell these at a significant loss.
I love all the gestapo here that disagree with people's assessments and just call them a troll or an idiot. It's ok to disagree. Geez, it's an effing pinball machine and I gave an honest opinion. Lighten up Francis.

Well said, well said, but are you confusing POTC with the perception of Hobbit? New code definitely helped Hobbit IMHO.

#57 4 years ago

GLWS....

#60 4 years ago

Congrats for you and excellent for the buyer. I can tell you that my CE, along with my TRON and Iron Maiden LE are bolted to the floor. Unless I am destitute and this is my only option. POTC is a game that isn't going anywhere.

#61 4 years ago

Now that I think of it, why not buy a CE for $1400 more? Maybe the only time I'd consider that...

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Now that I think of it, why not buy a CE for $1400 more? Maybe the only time I'd consider that...

I think the CE are sold out from all distributors now as well.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think the CE are sold out from all distributors now as well.

Had just noticed Iceman saying he's got one.

Daaaaamn. Well, I guess I'd go standard then.

I don't understand the 3K CE jump unless it was the sole option.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Had just noticed Iceman saying he's got one.
Daaaaamn. Well, I guess I'd go standard then.
I don't understand the 3K CE jump unless it was the sole option.

I paid 3k just to not see Depp from every angle and got a sweet topper and barnacles for free!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I paid 3k just to not see Depp from every angle and got a sweet topper and barnacles for free!

I can't fathom getting away from him being a part of the series, he's kind of the star. And the artwork is so subdued for every character really. I will say there's a white glint in the eye of Davy Jones's portrait that makes him look crosseyed to me.

That topper is pretty amazing though... Is yours noisy?

#66 4 years ago

Sale pending. Not surprised. 12k by Christmas ; )

#67 4 years ago

In reality, the seller didn’t pocket 1,500 from the sale since he paid 9,500 plus 400 in shipping charges for that machine. More like 1,200. Congrats For both of you!

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I can't fathom getting away from him being a part of the series, he's kind of the star. And the artwork is so subdued for every character really. I will say there's a white glint in the eye of Davy Jones's portrait that makes him look crosseyed to me.
That topper is pretty amazing though... Is yours noisy?

Yeah, just my personal taste steered me clear.

The topper is noisy due to the strain on the gearbox from the spring that holds the ship pivot arm on the spinning cam. It can be improved with a little rework, but I haven't been bothered by it so much that I am motivated to tear it apart to fix it.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Yeah, just my personal taste steered me clear.
The topper is noisy due to the strain on the gearbox from the spring that holds the ship pivot arm on the spinning cam. It can be improved with a little rework, but I haven't been bothered by it so much that I am motivated to tear it apart to fix it.

Did you turn the speed way down to like 3? It was often set too high from factory, making it noisy.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

In reality, the seller didn’t pocket 1,500 from the sale since he paid 9,500 plus 400 in shipping charges for that machine. More like 1,200. Congrats For both of you!

Some distributors sold for less than msrp along with no tax and no shipping charge

#71 4 years ago

damn I had a shadow I would of traded towards it too. oh well.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Some distributors sold for less than msrp along with no tax and no shipping charge

Good luck getting any sort of deal once demand went through the roof..

#73 4 years ago

I am happy the OP made the sale, but I am sad the OP won't get to enjoy this amazing game now.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am happy the OP made the sale, but I am sad the OP won't get to enjoy this amazing game now.

Yeah i am a bit bummed to be honest now that it sold. I hope to find one on location so I can put some more time on it. In the mean time I am really waiting patiently for Brian Eddys game.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Did you turn the speed way down to like 3? It was often set too high from factory, making it noisy.

I am on 6, anything under 5 and the motor cant turn the ship over on mine.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Yeah i am a bit bummed to be honest now that it sold. I hope to find one on location so I can put some more time on it. In the mean time I am really waiting patiently for Brian Eddys game.

I don't think I'd be too upset with a grand profit, or whatever you gained from the transaction. I guess if you are....you could always buy it back down the road from the new owner!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't think I'd be too upset with a grand profit, or whatever you gained from the transaction. I guess if you are....you could always buy it back down the road from the new owner!

To me the fun this machine brings easily pays that grand off.

#78 4 years ago

JJP will make more POTC probably next year. There will only be LE versions, with no new editions or anything else. Bank on that! JJP is in business to make money, and if their distributors come back and say they can move 250 machines, you’ll see 250 more machines made. I think JJP will probably put in a parts order for this game for a second limited run. I also think you’ll see the price go up to probably $10,500.00

Lastly, I think when you see these games being resold you’re going to need 10k plus. Why? Because everyone of the people who own the game have no plans to sell them... you’re just not going to see any come up sale. So when they do come up for sale why wouldn’t you ask for the moon?

A retail store here in my town sold two for $12500 each. If JJP never makes more which I think they will then you might see these games end up like Aliens skyrocketing in price.

I always tell people patience is a virtue in pinball... if you don’t have patience you will overpay. Eventually you’ll get one just wait until next year when they make new ones. I personally think once Wonka dies down and before GNR goes on the line is when you’ll another run of Pirates. I really wanted Beatles but didn’t feel it was worth 8k, I waited and got one for 6800 brand new. Munsters I jumped the gun to buy an LE and paid 9k, a friend of mine just bought an LE for 6500 with 100 plays. Patiences. Eventually you’ll get a Pirates just be patient. POTC is the perfect example here, its a game that people didn’t believe in at first, after a while the game found its legs, and unfortunately I think JJP panicked a bit to soon on Pirates. Their biggest issue I think is getting parts, I honestly don’t think they expected this game would blow up after the initial lukewarm reception. I think they made an internal decision to quickly move on so honestly they don’ t have the parts for more. Now that the game is expoded in popularity, does anyone really think they’re not coming back to this game at a higher price? You’d be crazy to think that. It took a long time to get parts to just finish the games they had on the line, so next run is going to take place when the parts to make the games are on the shelf.

I think Stern has the opposite problem with Beatles, Munsters, Black Knight etc. They expected more now they’re struggling to sell the games.

I think the biggest moral of the story is not to pre=judge a game based on a video or some photos. Patience I think pays offf.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You'll be lucky to get $8500 for it. They stopped selling them because no one wanted them.

they stopped selling because it’s too hard to manufacture because of how much is in this frinkin’ game!

mjr

#80 4 years ago

I know someone who hasn't open theirs yet because of this thread. LOL

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I know someone who has an open theirs yet because of this thread. LOL

Has or Hasn't opened?

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Has or Hasn't opened?

Has not opened.. Still sealed

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Has or Hasn't opened?

Voice to text got me.. Lol

#84 4 years ago

Hey OP, did it sell?

or did you open it?

I thought Monday was the cut off?

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've only had my POTC LE for just over a week.
I can already tell that this machine is going to be a keeper.

For those in the know, many games you don't even like end up being keepers

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

JJP will make more POTC probably next year. There will only be LE versions, with no new editions or anything else. Bank on that!

Man I hope you're right....

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Man I hope you're right....

I would not count on it.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would not count on it.

Depends on how JJP other titles sell. JJP is in the business to make money, if other titles are not making money then I don't see why they would not... Assuming demand for JJPOTC is still there.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would not count on it.

I would.

#90 4 years ago

Especially if Wonka is as bad as some say

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Especially if Wonka is as bad as some say

I'm not a Wonka fan but wanted a Pirates. Will trade TNA butter cab towards one

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey OP, did it sell?
or did you open it?
I thought Monday was the cut off?

Game is sold.

#93 4 years ago

congrats.

curious, what is the Pinside fee for a sale at this level of $$$$$$?

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats.
curious, what is the Pinside fee for a sale at this level of $$$$$$?

$25....but you can always donate more!

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Quoted from hank527:

I told you I’d swap you my Pirates for your Indy for a few months. No strings and we trade back at the end of summer.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I told you I’d swap you my Pirates for your Indy for a few months. No strings and we trade back at the end of summer.

I'm so tempted. Moving heavy high priced games is the big issue.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would not count on it.

lulz.jpglulz.jpg

#98 4 years ago

Just think... this is the super LE as well in the sense that since it hasn’t been played yet, the playfield hasn’t been all chewed up.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Just think... this is the super LE as well in the sense that since it hasn’t been played yet, the playfield hasn’t been all chewed up.

Uh... Not sure you have seen these games. I am sure some have flaws but come on.

Reminds me of the sort of people who talk about how much damage and how worn a HOU game has with say 800 plays. OMG time to burn it! It's ruined. All used up.

I mean seriously.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.