cry money tears.gif
judge (resized).jpg
E84D89B1-183A-415F-AC33-51C1B3D32278 (resized).jpeg
46CEB653-83A8-43BB-B0B9-51DA7B6422C3 (resized).jpeg
EFD932CC-E0DD-400D-AEEE-056939E717E4 (resized).jpeg
AE587245-415C-41F0-9C72-6689A0776465 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_3905 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The people who bought this shitty game when it came out deserve to reap the rewards, if any are to be had.
If you want to do the same, buy expensive games that break all the time when they are in production, not 3 years later.

What the hell is your problem with this game? The moment ANY new POTC thread pops up you can bank on you jumping in to shit all over the game and make stupid false claims about it to boot. We get it, seriously, you don't like the game. Do you have to remind us about it 24/7?

POTC is clearly one of the most sought after games out there so for being a shitty game a hell of a lot of people love to play it. I wouldn't sell my CE for anything less than $100K and in the time I've had it (got it NIB), I can't think of any time the game has been out of commission (off the top of my head at least).

Jeff

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah it never ceases to amaze me. Some people live their lives this way as if everything should be free or a handout. It’s how our culture is evolving
Would I sell it that way? No but I respect your right to sell it any way you want!
And this just in, it takes a BUYER to tango. And maybe there is one out there for $35k
GLWS

This is something I just don't understand here and probably never will... Why do some people insist on chiming in to tell you that selling your game at a price you see fit is somehow detrimental to the community or you're somehow taking advantage of someone or whatever the "woe is me" excuse of the day is? It's a free market, buyers and sellers can agree on whatever terms they can agree on. I know I've overpaid for things in the past because I wanted them, so what?

Jeff

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I hope anyone who has one of his wishlist games to sell him does the same with a nice special price in return. Capitalism is one thing, Karma is another.

Because the OP is trying to sell it at the maximum amount that can be had now it's a "karma" situation? That's just ridiculous, it really is. This isn't a charity, this is the free market where people can buy and sell at whatever terms work for them. Don't like it? Simple, don't buy it. Why do people have to come here and whine like this? I just don't get it. But hey, you do you...

Jeff

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct.
When it was freely available at face value, nobody wanted one, and it was the shortest production run for any JJP game ever because it wasn't worth the trouble to produce.

You just can't stop can you? Okay, this will probably get me into trouble but could you tell the community where on the doll POTC touched you so we can get this over with?

The reality is, if so many people hadn't had a silly fit over the disk and chest changes JJP would have made the full run... But... That's not what happened and trying to rewrite history because you don't like the game and have a never ending obsession with telling the rest of us about it, is infinitely annoying.

Jeff

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's unhealthy to be this defensive of an inanimate object.
My opinion of POTC should have zero effect on your enjoyment of it.
If you cannot handle my critique of your mechanical girlfriend, please do not read my posts.

ROFLMAO... Your constant bitching doesn't even remotely impact my enjoyment of the game, it's just nauseating to constantly read your predictable posts of how much you hate the game blah blah blah... The first 100 times okay fine, this is an online forum and people like to bitch, but JFC... There isn't a JJP POTC thread here that doesn't contain some post from you on your hatred but you keep coming anyhow. It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate this game.

Jeff

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've posted more in this thread attacking people who think POTC blows than I have posted saying it blows.
It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate people who hate this game.

Again, more lies. All of my posts here regarding any perceived hatred of the game have been targeted at you and only you. FFS...

Jeff

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I have zero problems with someone asking 35k for a pin. Problem is it impacts everyone. Setting a baseline that other people use and follow. Noticed how almost everything listed is amped up now? He may get 35k for his pin, but he will pay more for another one to replace it. It’s laughable to think price gouging doesn’t create lasting damage for the entire hobby. We all end up paying. Hopefully this bubble bursts sooner rather then later. Lol

Only it's not price gouging... It's a free market. The hobby is getting more expensive, deal with it.

Jeff

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

It is actually. Call it whatever you want. Doesn't mean that I don't think he should ask whatever he wants either. I was just stating that this "pinflation" that is occurring right now is impacting all of us in the hobby. Higher prices across the board. JJP even raised it's msrp in the middle of the GNR run to take advantage.

Pinball is far from a necessity, IMHO it's impossible to price gouge on things no one actually needs to live/work. Of course the increasing costs affect everyone but there's a lot of money in this hobby now due to COVID most likely and well, when the money shows up, everything gets more expensive. Maybe this will change, maybe it won't but at least for now "pinflation" is only going to get "worse".

What JJP has done with GNR though is detrimental to the hobby. First they screw over their distributers with the CE debacle, then they jack the price up mid-run simply for no other reason than profit taking. It won't be long before JJP starts pricing their CEs at $15K and I doubt they'll have many problems finding buyers, especially for specific themes. If you want to have a problem with anyone specific, start there. The OP isn't to blame.

Jeff

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

No disrespect intended but I find it insane that you are ok with OP listing the game at whatever the market will pay, but JJP can’t increase THEIR prices by $1000? They have bills to pay. OP is profiting 100%.
I hate where prices are heading and am gobsmacked that I put down a deposit for a GnRLE at the current price but that has nothing to do with who has the right to increase prices.
You know who has absolutely right to set a price? The seller. END OF STORY.

Fair point, and I don't have a good explanation as to why I have no problems with a private seller but issues with JJP. I just do...

Jeff

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd have to be insane to not cash in at this point if these games are really going for 25K +
I don't think I own a single thing that I wouldn't sell for a $10,000 + profit. Guitars, pins, my cool Good the Bad and Ugly movie poster in espanol (never seen another one like it, anywhere!)...well maybe not the poster. But you get the point.
I think an eventual remake is inevitable. As much of a pain in the ass as this game was for JJP they are just leaving a heap of cash on the table.
Licensing issues could be another story but there's always ways around that if it just means changing the artwork and reupping the license.

Depends on your perspective. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way I'd sell my CE is if someone gave me $100K and not a penny less. Is it worth that much? God I hope not... But to be honest, I didn't get into this hobby to make money and my family enjoys the game so completely it's hard to quantify that in monetary terms.

JJP has a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time, no way they risk their current cash cow with orders on top of orders for a previous title that I just don't think actually has the demand current pricing suggests it has.

Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-9?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.