cry money tears.gif
judge (resized).jpg
E84D89B1-183A-415F-AC33-51C1B3D32278 (resized).jpeg
46CEB653-83A8-43BB-B0B9-51DA7B6422C3 (resized).jpeg
EFD932CC-E0DD-400D-AEEE-056939E717E4 (resized).jpeg
AE587245-415C-41F0-9C72-6689A0776465 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_3905 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#15 3 years ago

The people who bought this shitty game when it came out deserve to reap the rewards, if any are to be had.

If you want to do the same, buy expensive games that break all the time when they are in production, not 3 years later.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

How does it feel to know your ripping off fellow pinheads?

He's not ripping off pinheads he's fishing for suckers.

It's not a rip off if it's consensual and the buyer gets what he's paid for.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Let me ask you would you sell this game for 35k and feel good about it? I know you would have a good profit but as a good person that's passionate about this hobby i dont really think you would be happy about doing this to somebody even if they wanted the game.

Yes, I would feel fucking fantastic if I could make a $25,000 profit on any pinball machine, especially a ridiculous contraption like pirates that I’d be thrilled to be rid of while it was still working properly. I would take the cash and sleep like a baby. The fact that the buyer is probably happier than I am after scoring their dream machine would just make me feel better.

You realize nobody needs a pirates pinball machine right? In fact, most would call it a total luxury item.

It’s a luxury item among luxury items.

What’s the problem?

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

With rumors of another run at JJP of these owners are probably scrambling so it is what it is.

It is. And we can all point and laugh at the buyers like we did for the unfortunate souls who paid $6500 for their Iron Man games a week before it was vaulted.

It’s the circle of pinball life.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Two that immediately come to mind:
Wizard Blocks (prototype for the unreleased pinball 2000 machine). This is worth quite a bit more than 35k
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/wizard-blocks
Bally The Pinball Circus.
Not only is this worth a lot more than 35k, it’s not even the same number of digits on the sales price should one ever come up for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-circus
That’s just random off the top of my head as obvious answers where the value of those machines dwarfs 35k.
Edit: I never said anything about production numbers. Simply that machines exist that are well over 35k

Don't forget SUPREME!

semi-credible reports of that game changing hands in several cases well north of $35K

Those Supreme collectors are batshit insane. But the thread here about that game's release was one of Pinside's finest moments of bewilderment, confusion, anger, denial, and of course acceptance.

I'll admit it's not much of a looker but that game is way more fun than POTC to play.

#81 3 years ago

So what if it's big as a Subaru and costs just as much?

FUCKIN' FINANCE IT!!!

judge (resized).jpgjudge (resized).jpg
#97 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I believe that game is based on S-M home edition. You actually think that game is more fun to play than JJP POTC? Please tell us what you dislike so much about POTC gameplay. I find it to be a very fun and deep pin with some great shots and interesting rules.

I just don’t like it man. Never have. It’s ugly, the rules are way too convoluted and pointlessly complex, the constant rocking of the ship makes me seasick, the theme doesn’t appeal to me, the “action button” nonsense is way over the top, I don’t care for the layout..the whole package just isn’t my cup of tea. And whenever I’ve played it in tournaments I’ve had games ruined by stuck balls, extra balls on the playfield, and things generally not working like they are supposed to (as usually seems to happen on ridiculously complex games with way too much crap shoehorned into them).

The good news for POTC owners is my opinion doesn’t seem to be affecting the game’s value much. The bad news is Supreme is still worth more and is more fun to play.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I have no inside intel; but common sense tells me a couple of years from now if not sooner JJP will probably release it again. So my advice is to remain patient & save yourself 20k

But I want it NOOOOWWWW!!

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

haha
People are going to hate me; but I don't get the fascination with this pin. I really think it's "I want one because I can't get one now" COVID-19 thing...

Correct.

When it was freely available at face value, nobody wanted one, and it was the shortest production run for any JJP game ever because it wasn't worth the trouble to produce.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You just can't stop can you? Okay, this will probably get me into trouble but could you tell the community where on the doll POTC touched you so we can get this over with?
The reality is, if so many people hadn't had a silly fit over the disk and chest changes JJP would have made the full run... But... That's not what happened and trying to rewrite history because you don't like the game and have a never ending obsession with telling the rest of us about it, is infinitely annoying.
Jeff

It's unhealthy to be this defensive of an inanimate object.

My opinion of POTC should have zero effect on your enjoyment of it.

If you cannot handle my critique of your mechanical girlfriend, please do not read my posts.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

ROFLMAO... Your constant bitching doesn't even remotely impact my enjoyment of the game, it's just nauseating to constantly read your predictable posts of how much you hate the game blah blah blah... The first 100 times okay fine, this is an online forum and people like to bitch, but JFC... There isn't a JJP POTC thread here that doesn't contain some post from you on your hatred but you keep coming anyhow. It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate this game.
Jeff

You've posted more in this thread attacking people who think POTC blows than I have posted saying it blows.

It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate people who hate this game.

#122 3 years ago

That's a really lovely story!

Do I sense an airport meeting invite in the near future?

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm defending the game itself. I'm not defending the 35K price. I think it's probably worth about 1/2 that. But ultimately it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

The funny thing, I'm attacking the game, but defending the $35K price! (well at least his right to ask for it without being tarred and feathered).

And yeah that Buffalo tournament left a bad POTC taste in my mouth. That p3 was a nightmare too.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

POTC was never pulled from the Buffalo Summer Open. The only issue it had is when the left scoop was turned up to high..the ball would sometimes rattle and drain on eject in the outlane. To low and if 4+ balls where in the scoop it didn't have the power to eject them. That happened once to Levi and I cleared it for him.
I teched every hour of that show including setup and tear down. The only game pulled on that wall was Lexy Lightspeed

Thank you for your undying efforts to get everybody through the tournament.

I know Buffalo was on sabbatical anyway but hopefully we can all be in the same room doing BSPO and other related events sometime soon!

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Saw this on my local Facebook Marketplace search today under pinball. Guess $35K is a steal!
[quoted image]

So was it still available Dan?

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If jjp makes another run of pirates I am gonna laugh my ass off.

Maybe it's how you come off that pisses him off? Like coming here and shitting all over the game. Nah, it couldn't possibly be your fault.

I don’t really give a shit.

What is going on around here lately?

Does everybody have cramps or something?

You’ve been moaning for 4 pages about this guy’s ad and don’t seem too concerned about how you are “coming off.”

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

The manufacturing companies should start dummy accounts and just start selling their machines at secondary market prices. JJP could sell 1 or 2 POTC machines at $22k - $35k and start adding to their bottom line. Since used machines are now way more than new in box machines they should all start cashing in.

Not as crazy as it sounds. Bands, promoters, sports teams have all been doing that for years, scalping their own tickets through whatever channels they can find. It's funny when a bunch of tickets in the same section pop up on stubhub for exactly the same price.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and neither does anyone else. Who cares what he’s asking because if someone can pay $35,000 they don’t care either. It doesn’t appear that there are a lot of offers so GLWS .

I think it's just that POTC is such a bad game the ridiculous asking prices are really rubbing people the wrong way.

I mean, if it were Dialed in we were talking about nobody would bat an eye!

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Some of the annoyance comes from seeing many ads with prices that will never sell for anywhere near the number, yet we see response after response taking the bait and acting as if there was a sale for the asking price.
It’s the classic disinformation problem. It takes zero effort to put up a nonsensical ad but a non-zero effort to show accurate results. Look at the entries over at Snopes. The same lies keep popping up over and over every few years and still people can’t be bothered to do 30 seconds worth of research.

It was pretty funny to see the avalanche of "NO FN WAY DID HE GET 30K FOR THAT GAME I CALL BULLSHIT!" posts when the seller never claimed he actually sold it for $30k.

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

All jokes aside is JJ gonna run this game again? They have a history of doing that no?

If this bullshit continues they'd be nuts not to. I'm sure this conversation happens at least once a week over there.

The main impediment is they'll be printing money with GNR for a long, long time and not sure they could OCTO-MANUFACTURE. Also, why risk taking money out of GNR's pockets by filling POTC orders at the same time?

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Only a total wimp who wants to live in an echo chamber would subscribe to this theory.

Ice claims to have 40 people on his ignore list!

(edited)

#187 3 years ago

You'd have to be insane to not cash in at this point if these games are really going for 25K +

I don't think I own a single thing that I wouldn't sell for a $10,000 + profit. Guitars, pins, my cool Good the Bad and Ugly movie poster in espanol (never seen another one like it, anywhere!)...well maybe not the poster. But you get the point.

I think an eventual remake is inevitable. As much of a pain in the ass as this game was for JJP they are just leaving a heap of cash on the table.

Licensing issues could be another story but there's always ways around that if it just means changing the artwork and reupping the license.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. And it'll have spinning mode wheel disks and a trunk that opens and closes...

And a flying monkey

Dream machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-9?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.