cry money tears.gif
judge (resized).jpg
E84D89B1-183A-415F-AC33-51C1B3D32278 (resized).jpeg
46CEB653-83A8-43BB-B0B9-51DA7B6422C3 (resized).jpeg
EFD932CC-E0DD-400D-AEEE-056939E717E4 (resized).jpeg
AE587245-415C-41F0-9C72-6689A0776465 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_3905 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 3 years ago

You should ask 50 and weed out the BS

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

POTC was never pulled from the Buffalo Summer Open. The only issue it had is when the left scoop was turned up to high..the ball would sometimes rattle and drain on eject in the outlane. To low and if 4+ balls where in the scoop it didn't have the power to eject them. That happened once to Levi and I cleared it for him.
I teched every hour of that show including setup and tear down. The only game pulled on that wall was Lexy Lightspeed

Well, you got me thinking and I had to go back and check my facts. It almost made it. It was pulled during the playoffs after the quarter finals. Right after Levi took 4th place on it, BTW. I remember them switching it off, and it was not picked during the semi-finals or finals.

#153 3 years ago

Does OP take monthly layaway payments?

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Does OP take monthly layaway payments?

Yes first months payment is 35k

#155 3 years ago

What is a P3?

#156 3 years ago

Turbo-prop surveillance plane...replaced by the jet-powered P8.

Also a pinball system from Multimorphic.

#157 3 years ago

I still don't get the hype over JJPOTC, it has been one of these pinballs I consistently leave balls without finishing the game

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I still don't get the hype over JJPOTC, it has been one of these pinballs I consistently leave balls without finishing the game

Well obviously you're not a golfer.

#159 3 years ago

If jjp makes another run of pirates I am gonna laugh my ass off.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's unhealthy to be this defensive of an inanimate object.
My opinion of POTC should have zero effect on your enjoyment of it.
If you cannot handle my critique of your mechanical girlfriend, please do not read my posts.

Maybe it's how you come off that pisses him off? Like coming here and shitting all over the game. Nah, it couldn't possibly be your fault.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If jjp makes another run of pirates I am gonna laugh my ass off.

Maybe it's how you come off that pisses him off? Like coming here and shitting all over the game. Nah, it couldn't possibly be your fault.

I don’t really give a shit.

What is going on around here lately?

Does everybody have cramps or something?

You’ve been moaning for 4 pages about this guy’s ad and don’t seem too concerned about how you are “coming off.”

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Only it's not price gouging... It's a free market. The hobby is getting more expensive, deal with it.
Jeff

It is actually. Call it whatever you want. Doesn't mean that I don't think he should ask whatever he wants either. I was just stating that this "pinflation" that is occurring right now is impacting all of us in the hobby. Higher prices across the board. JJP even raised it's msrp in the middle of the GNR run to take advantage.

#162 3 years ago

Gooooooooooood morning Pinside!!! Are we serving popcorn yet?

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Careful what you say. Jeff might come back to clutch his pearls.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

It is actually. Call it whatever you want. Doesn't mean that I don't think he should ask whatever he wants either. I was just stating that this "pinflation" that is occurring right now is impacting all of us in the hobby. Higher prices across the board. JJP even raised it's msrp in the middle of the GNR run to take advantage.

Pinball is far from a necessity, IMHO it's impossible to price gouge on things no one actually needs to live/work. Of course the increasing costs affect everyone but there's a lot of money in this hobby now due to COVID most likely and well, when the money shows up, everything gets more expensive. Maybe this will change, maybe it won't but at least for now "pinflation" is only going to get "worse".

What JJP has done with GNR though is detrimental to the hobby. First they screw over their distributers with the CE debacle, then they jack the price up mid-run simply for no other reason than profit taking. It won't be long before JJP starts pricing their CEs at $15K and I doubt they'll have many problems finding buyers, especially for specific themes. If you want to have a problem with anyone specific, start there. The OP isn't to blame.

Jeff

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It won't be long before JJP starts pricing their CEs at $15K and I doubt they'll have many problems finding buyers, especially for specific themes. If you want to have a problem with anyone specific, start there.

Well, if JJP can bump the price to $15K and not have any problems selling...then that's exactly what they should do. It's how business works.

At some point, they will increase it "too much" and sales will decrease. It's their job to determine that point, and price it accordingly.

This is especially true in an industry where you have limited production capability.

#166 3 years ago

The manufacturing companies should start dummy accounts and just start selling their machines at secondary market prices. JJP could sell 1 or 2 POTC machines at $22k - $35k and start adding to their bottom line. Since used machines are now way more than new in box machines they should all start cashing in.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

The manufacturing companies should start dummy accounts and just start selling their machines at secondary market prices. JJP could sell 1 or 2 POTC machines at $22k - $35k and start adding to their bottom line. Since used machines are now way more than new in box machines they should all start cashing in.

Not as crazy as it sounds. Bands, promoters, sports teams have all been doing that for years, scalping their own tickets through whatever channels they can find. It's funny when a bunch of tickets in the same section pop up on stubhub for exactly the same price.

#168 3 years ago

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and neither does anyone else. Who cares what he’s asking because if someone can pay $35,000 they don’t care either. It doesn’t appear that there are a lot of offers so GLWS .

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and neither does anyone else. Who cares what he’s asking because if someone can pay $35,000 they don’t care either. It doesn’t appear that there are a lot of offers so GLWS .

I think it's just that POTC is such a bad game the ridiculous asking prices are really rubbing people the wrong way.

I mean, if it were Dialed in we were talking about nobody would bat an eye!

#170 3 years ago

I think some of the emotion comes with some who hate how high the prices have gotten. It’s kind of like the people in Washington state who hated Californians who came in and drove up Wash. state housing market, so I kinda get it. I don’t care who sells a game for what they can get, but the people buying it are driving up the prices. I understand, it is a free market, but I’m just saying, that’s probably where the angst comes from. Hard to see it currently, when you could buy a game for much lower NIB not too long ago. I feel it too. A lot of money is coming in and driving up the prices faster than they should go up.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Pinball is far from a necessity, IMHO it's impossible to price gouge on things no one actually needs to live/work. Of course the increasing costs affect everyone but there's a lot of money in this hobby now due to COVID most likely and well, when the money shows up, everything gets more expensive. Maybe this will change, maybe it won't but at least for now "pinflation" is only going to get "worse".
What JJP has done with GNR though is detrimental to the hobby. First they screw over their distributers with the CE debacle, then they jack the price up mid-run simply for no other reason than profit taking. It won't be long before JJP starts pricing their CEs at $15K and I doubt they'll have many problems finding buyers, especially for specific themes. If you want to have a problem with anyone specific, start there. The OP isn't to blame.
Jeff

No disrespect intended but I find it insane that you are ok with OP listing the game at whatever the market will pay, but JJP can’t increase THEIR prices by $1000? They have bills to pay. OP is profiting 100%.
I hate where prices are heading and am gobsmacked that I put down a deposit for a GnRLE at the current price but that has nothing to do with who has the right to increase prices.
You know who has absolutely right to set a price? The seller. END OF STORY.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

No disrespect intended but I find it insane that you are ok with OP listing the game at whatever the market will pay, but JJP can’t increase THEIR prices by $1000? They have bills to pay. OP is profiting 100%.
I hate where prices are heading and am gobsmacked that I put down a deposit for a GnRLE at the current price but that has nothing to do with who has the right to increase prices.
You know who has absolutely right to set a price? The seller. END OF STORY.

Fair point, and I don't have a good explanation as to why I have no problems with a private seller but issues with JJP. I just do...

Jeff

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fair point, and I don't have a good explanation as to why I have no problems with a private seller but issues with JJP. I just do...
Jeff

I find it equally insane that I can accept your logic on this one. Even while disagreeing.
: )

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

some of the emotion comes with some who hate how high the prices have gotten.

Some of the annoyance comes from seeing many ads with prices that will never sell for anywhere near the number, yet we see response after response taking the bait and acting as if there was a sale for the asking price.

It’s the classic disinformation problem. It takes zero effort to put up a nonsensical ad but a non-zero effort to show accurate results. Look at the entries over at Snopes. The same lies keep popping up over and over every few years and still people can’t be bothered to do 30 seconds worth of research.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Some of the annoyance comes from seeing many ads with prices that will never sell for anywhere near the number, yet we see response after response taking the bait and acting as if there was a sale for the asking price.
It’s the classic disinformation problem. It takes zero effort to put up a nonsensical ad but a non-zero effort to show accurate results. Look at the entries over at Snopes. The same lies keep popping up over and over every few years and still people can’t be bothered to do 30 seconds worth of research.

It was pretty funny to see the avalanche of "NO FN WAY DID HE GET 30K FOR THAT GAME I CALL BULLSHIT!" posts when the seller never claimed he actually sold it for $30k.

#176 3 years ago

All jokes aside is JJ gonna run this game again? They have a history of doing that no?

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

All jokes aside is JJ gonna run this game again? They have a history of doing that no?

Not since WOZ/Hobbit, no.

#178 3 years ago

For what it's worth, I just bought a game from @oneangrymo, the game was as described and he was easy to deal with. Along with picking up the game, we got a visit to a mini Star Wars museum and a horrifying story of an Alien game trying to kill Mo!

GLWS!

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

If this bullshit continues they'd be nuts not to. I'm sure this conversation happens at least once a week over there.

The main impediment is they'll be printing money with GNR for a long, long time and not sure they could OCTO-MANUFACTURE. Also, why risk taking money out of GNR's pockets by filling POTC orders at the same time?

#180 3 years ago

Mean price of a JJPOTC LE in Marketplace ads is $20k. Ads range between $18-25k, but the bulk fall around $20k mark. At some point, that supply will be spoken for and with a constant unmet demand, a new supply of HUO LE’s will become available on Marketplace at $25k level. You’ll see mine listed for $30k. Stop right there .. What do you think CE’s will be going for then ??? If things played out as described, $35k for a CE might look like a great toy to buy. It’s definitely not an investment, but you won’t be losing money while you enjoy it, because prices for CE’s will continue to climb.

This may be referred to as TGFT or the greater fool theory. In it you are the main character and you’ve paid an exhorbitant price for something you want to own. You expect the object will continue to go up in value, hence you don’t care what you’ve paid, believing you won’t have any problems reselling it to the next guy for more. Meaning - if you bought something for an amount most people would consider foolish, but sell it later to someone (for the same amount plus more), then they must be the greater fool. As long as the marketplace is full of fools, it is an ideal time to deploy this strategy.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

First they screw over their distributers with the CE debacle, then they jack the price up mid-run simply for no other reason than profit taking.

I don't believe this was the case at all. The $1000 increase wasn't about profit taking, it is a by product of trying to curb demand on a game that they couldn't keep up with production on while trying to ensure that people with deposits for games that were 6 months out kept their deposits. People are impatient and lack attention spans always having to have the newest, shiniest game. New games will be released by other companies between now and when many people are scheduled to receive their GNR. The price increase helps to ensure that anyone with a deposit with delivery still months out doesn't cancel for another game or they lose $1,000 of now equity. And since they have their next game on deck, the price increase helps to quell the additional demand for GNR so they can ramp down production on that game and start to ramp up the next one this summer.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If this bullshit continues they'd be nuts not to. I'm sure this conversation happens at least once a week over there.
The main impediment is they'll be printing money with GNR for a long, long time and not sure they could OCTO-MANUFACTURE. Also, why risk taking money out of GNR's pockets by filling POTC orders at the same time?

I’m not a lawyer but I think you have to use the TM symbol before the term
™OCTO-MANUFACTURE.

#183 3 years ago

Geez this thread is depressing...
I don’t think I want to buy a GnR anymore. Maybe I’ll hold onto the dough and get what’s next. When will they announce the next pin?

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's the best thing about Pinside in making it the experience you want. Kind of like taking out the trash every week.

Only a total wimp who wants to live in an echo chamber would subscribe to this theory.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Only a total wimp who wants to live in an echo chamber would subscribe to this theory.

Ice claims to have 40 people on his ignore list!

(edited)

#186 3 years ago

GLWS but I gotta say if these prices on this game continue like this I may be forced to sell ours as it would cover tuition for my kids (both in college now) for sure and I only have a tricked out LE. Our favorite game by far but this is getting crazy.

#187 3 years ago

You'd have to be insane to not cash in at this point if these games are really going for 25K +

I don't think I own a single thing that I wouldn't sell for a $10,000 + profit. Guitars, pins, my cool Good the Bad and Ugly movie poster in espanol (never seen another one like it, anywhere!)...well maybe not the poster. But you get the point.

I think an eventual remake is inevitable. As much of a pain in the ass as this game was for JJP they are just leaving a heap of cash on the table.

Licensing issues could be another story but there's always ways around that if it just means changing the artwork and reupping the license.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Geez this thread is depressing...
I don’t think I want to buy a GnR anymore. Maybe I’ll hold onto the dough and get what’s next. When will they announce the next pin?

Never, ever let Pinside affect your purchase decisions. Therein lies the path to unhappiness.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd have to be insane to not cash in at this point if these games are really going for 25K +
I don't think I own a single thing that I wouldn't sell for a $10,000 + profit. Guitars, pins, my cool Good the Bad and Ugly movie poster in espanol (never seen another one like it, anywhere!)...well maybe not the poster. But you get the point.
I think an eventual remake is inevitable. As much of a pain in the ass as this game was for JJP they are just leaving a heap of cash on the table.
Licensing issues could be another story but there's always ways around that if it just means changing the artwork and reupping the license.

Depends on your perspective. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way I'd sell my CE is if someone gave me $100K and not a penny less. Is it worth that much? God I hope not... But to be honest, I didn't get into this hobby to make money and my family enjoys the game so completely it's hard to quantify that in monetary terms.

JJP has a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time, no way they risk their current cash cow with orders on top of orders for a previous title that I just don't think actually has the demand current pricing suggests it has.

Jeff

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

All jokes aside is JJ gonna run this game again?

Yep. And it'll have spinning mode wheel disks and a trunk that opens and closes...

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. And it'll have spinning mode wheel disks and a trunk that opens and closes...

And a flying monkey

Dream machine!

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty much everybody but Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels!

He must be proud.

#193 3 years ago

Thank goodness this is a wide body machine...so it seems a lot of people shall be buried in theirs lol

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Thank goodness this is a wide body machine...so it seems a lot of people shall be buried in theirs lol

Yeah right dude. It goes for $35000. It’s an amazing game I’m sure and people will be lining up to buy it. Hell might even charge $20 a credit to play. It’s a collectors item!

#195 3 years ago

I can't imagine putting on a show like you're a tough and gruff dude who don't take no shit, but having a huge block list. Hell, even a tiny block list. Blocking people is such a little baby move lol.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty much everybody but Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels!

You left off Jim Beam.

#197 3 years ago

If I were the manufacturer, I'd set aside as many new games in storage as sold models. Then just leak them one by one into the marketplace later. Seems to me that would be much better on the P/L statement. A CE POTC probably cost JJP less than 4K to build each unit at the end. So hold a few hundred for sale now at even 25K and you'd make millions.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

There’s a POTC CE on route near me for $1.00 a game. Such a fun pin.

But don’t you think you’d play it more than 35,000 times?

#199 3 years ago

If picking up I decided to throw in my Star Wars 1up free

7084841D-75CC-4FFD-A205-3226A007E796 (resized).jpeg7084841D-75CC-4FFD-A205-3226A007E796 (resized).jpeg
#200 3 years ago

Package deal with Alien for $35k and you keep the 1up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-9/page/4?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.