cry money tears.gif
judge (resized).jpg
E84D89B1-183A-415F-AC33-51C1B3D32278 (resized).jpeg
46CEB653-83A8-43BB-B0B9-51DA7B6422C3 (resized).jpeg
EFD932CC-E0DD-400D-AEEE-056939E717E4 (resized).jpeg
AE587245-415C-41F0-9C72-6689A0776465 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_3905 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 3 years ago

I would recommend putting a number 6 in your description:

6) Less than 600 plays in the last 12 years

#102 3 years ago

With prices like this soon all of us pinheads fans are going to sell their pins and wait for the crash and come back in when these deep pocket people choose another hobby. I know that's what i'm thinking.

#103 3 years ago

My wife tol

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

With prices like this soon all of us pinheads fans are going to sell their pins and wait for the crash and come back in when these deep pocket people choose another hobby. I know that's what i'm thinking.

This is a great example of how money can buy time.

#104 3 years ago

Having a hard time deciding between these two. One is really fast & fun to play...and the other one costs $35k.

ebay.com link: itm

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It’s a great game. I bought an LE back in October for $13k and my wife was pissed that I would spend so much. When it got here after her first play she said this game is worth $50,000! Turns out she might be right. Ha!

great, so this is all your wife's fault!

#106 3 years ago

I have no inside intel; but common sense tells me a couple of years from now if not sooner JJP will probably release it again. So my advice is to remain patient & save yourself 20k

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I have no inside intel; but common sense tells me a couple of years from now if not sooner JJP will probably release it again. So my advice is to remain patient & save yourself 20k

But I want it NOOOOWWWW!!

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But I want it NOOOOWWWW!!

haha

People are going to hate me; but I don't get the fascination with this pin. I really think it's "I want one because I can't get one now" COVID-19 thing...

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

haha
People are going to hate me; but I don't get the fascination with this pin. I really think it's "I want one because I can't get one now" COVID-19 thing...

Correct.

When it was freely available at face value, nobody wanted one, and it was the shortest production run for any JJP game ever because it wasn't worth the trouble to produce.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am really really interested. Do you think you can fix that small bubble in the right side radcal?

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No I have a replacement tho

Had similar issue with my Hobbit where the Radcal started to lift. It's an easy fix, peel the Radcal back a little, spray some 3M adhesive and reapply.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

haha

Maybe, but nobody initially wanted it because of the spinning disk removal and the lack of assets in the game. It wasn’t until jjp said no more would be produced (because of lack of demand) that people started scrambling for them. Joe at pinball star got one of the last LEs for me. Its a fun game, thrives in a home environment with a small collection, but to me it’s not better than many other games I currently own and I didnt play it that much. I’d play a game every couple of days and that would be enough for me. Finally decided to sell it and don’t miss it. To show how dumb I am, I like the hobbit a lot more, much more immersive for me.

#112 3 years ago

I hope anyone who has one of his wishlist games to sell him does the same with a nice special price in return. Capitalism is one thing, Karma is another.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I hope anyone who has one of his wishlist games to sell him does the same with a nice special price in return. Capitalism is one thing, Karma is another.

Because the OP is trying to sell it at the maximum amount that can be had now it's a "karma" situation? That's just ridiculous, it really is. This isn't a charity, this is the free market where people can buy and sell at whatever terms work for them. Don't like it? Simple, don't buy it. Why do people have to come here and whine like this? I just don't get it. But hey, you do you...

Jeff

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct.
When it was freely available at face value, nobody wanted one, and it was the shortest production run for any JJP game ever because it wasn't worth the trouble to produce.

You just can't stop can you? Okay, this will probably get me into trouble but could you tell the community where on the doll POTC touched you so we can get this over with?

The reality is, if so many people hadn't had a silly fit over the disk and chest changes JJP would have made the full run... But... That's not what happened and trying to rewrite history because you don't like the game and have a never ending obsession with telling the rest of us about it, is infinitely annoying.

Jeff

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You just can't stop can you? Okay, this will probably get me into trouble but could you tell the community where on the doll POTC touched you so we can get this over with?
The reality is, if so many people hadn't had a silly fit over the disk and chest changes JJP would have made the full run... But... That's not what happened and trying to rewrite history because you don't like the game and have a never ending obsession with telling the rest of us about it, is infinitely annoying.
Jeff

It's unhealthy to be this defensive of an inanimate object.

My opinion of POTC should have zero effect on your enjoyment of it.

If you cannot handle my critique of your mechanical girlfriend, please do not read my posts.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's unhealthy to be this defensive of an inanimate object.
My opinion of POTC should have zero effect on your enjoyment of it.
If you cannot handle my critique of your mechanical girlfriend, please do not read my posts.

ROFLMAO... Your constant bitching doesn't even remotely impact my enjoyment of the game, it's just nauseating to constantly read your predictable posts of how much you hate the game blah blah blah... The first 100 times okay fine, this is an online forum and people like to bitch, but JFC... There isn't a JJP POTC thread here that doesn't contain some post from you on your hatred but you keep coming anyhow. It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate this game.

Jeff

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

ROFLMAO... Your constant bitching doesn't even remotely impact my enjoyment of the game, it's just nauseating to constantly read your predictable posts of how much you hate the game blah blah blah... The first 100 times okay fine, this is an online forum and people like to bitch, but JFC... There isn't a JJP POTC thread here that doesn't contain some post from you on your hatred but you keep coming anyhow. It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate this game.
Jeff

You've posted more in this thread attacking people who think POTC blows than I have posted saying it blows.

It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate people who hate this game.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It's unhealthy to be this obsessed

Yes...yes it is. Oh wait, we talking about you or...

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've posted more in this thread attacking people who think POTC blows than I have posted saying it blows.
It's unhealthy to be this obsessed with making sure everyone knows how much you hate people who hate this game.

Again, more lies. All of my posts here regarding any perceived hatred of the game have been targeted at you and only you. FFS...

Jeff

#122 3 years ago

That's a really lovely story!

Do I sense an airport meeting invite in the near future?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a really lovely story!
Do I sense an airport meeting invite in the near future?

No.. he died! Without my intervention!

#126 3 years ago

Hey Levi, your certainly entitled to your opinion. FWIW, I was at that Buffalo Summer Open when there was a POTC in the line-up. It did have some issues and eventually had to be removed from the tourney. It was a prototype. The biggest issue was balls hanging up in "The Depths". There is an easy fix for that now. I know first impressions and all are important. Funny though, the POTC didn't seem to have 1/2 the problems the P3 had at that tourney! LOL

Get the game in a home environment and it shines. Having 22 characters to pick from may seem excessive, but eventually you realize only about 8-10 of them are really worth choosing. The 5 different movie MB + Tortuga MB can all be stacked which is awesome. Having 5 flippers is awesome. The rocking ship is IMHO the best upper PF ever designed. I totally don't get the "lack of theme integration" that so many people bring up. Jack Sparrow is large right in front of the flippers! He is a character you can choose at the start of the game. All of the chapters, all 125 of them, are from scenes in one of the 5 movies. The only thing missing is the main theme song. The custom music they came up with is really well done.

I'm defending the game itself. I'm not defending the 35K price. I think it's probably worth about 1/2 that. But ultimately it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

#127 3 years ago

This one is getting weird. My new favorite thread. Sadly, why newbs are hated, moves down to no. 2.

Stay strong oneangry. The free market always wins.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm defending the game itself. I'm not defending the 35K price. I think it's probably worth about 1/2 that. But ultimately it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

The funny thing, I'm attacking the game, but defending the $35K price! (well at least his right to ask for it without being tarred and feathered).

And yeah that Buffalo tournament left a bad POTC taste in my mouth. That p3 was a nightmare too.

#129 3 years ago

I am the toughest, smartest, richest mother fucker on this site. Isn't everybody :/

Give me a break!

#130 3 years ago

Game is fantastic, best I’ve ever played. The seller should be able to list his game for whatever he wants without ridicule. Is it worth $35,000 no way, no game is. You can buy a game 99% as good for $10,000 or less.

#131 3 years ago

POTC was never pulled from the Buffalo Summer Open. The only issue it had is when the left scoop was turned up to high..the ball would sometimes rattle and drain on eject in the outlane. To low and if 4+ balls where in the scoop it didn't have the power to eject them. That happened once to Levi and I cleared it for him.

I teched every hour of that show including setup and tear down. The only game pulled on that wall was Lexy Lightspeed

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Levi, your certainly entitled to your opinion. FWIW, I was at that Buffalo Summer Open when there was a POTC in the line-up. It did have some issues and eventually had to be removed from the tourney. It was a prototype. The biggest issue was balls hanging up in "The Depths". There is an easy fix for that now. I know first impressions and all are important. Funny though, the POTC didn't seem to have 1/2 the problems the P3 had at that tourney! LOL
Get the game in a home environment and it shines. Having 22 characters to pick from may seem excessive, but eventually you realize only about 8-10 of them are really worth choosing. The 5 different movie MB + Tortuga MB can all be stacked which is awesome. Having 5 flippers is awesome. The rocking ship is IMHO the best upper PF ever designed. I totally don't get the "lack of theme integration" that so many people bring up. Jack Sparrow is large right in front of the flippers! He is a character you can choose at the start of the game. All of the chapters, all 125 of them, are from scenes in one of the 5 movies. The only thing missing is the main theme song. The custom music they came up with is really well done.

#132 3 years ago

$35,000.... and I can’t get anyone to buy my nice Star Wars episode 1 for $2500.

Lol.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

POTC was never pulled from the Buffalo Summer Open. The only issue it had is when the left scoop was turned up to high..the ball would sometimes rattle and drain on eject in the outlane. To low and if 4+ balls where in the scoop it didn't have the power to eject them. That happened once to Levi and I cleared it for him.
I teched every hour of that show including setup and tear down. The only game pulled on that wall was Lexy Lightspeed

Thank you for your undying efforts to get everybody through the tournament.

I know Buffalo was on sabbatical anyway but hopefully we can all be in the same room doing BSPO and other related events sometime soon!

#134 3 years ago

This reminds me of arguments I had with my ex when I was younger.
Back then we normally settled it with alchahol and grudge sex.

Sometime it resulted in breakfast, other times cab fare.

Carry on.

#135 3 years ago

Saw this on my local Facebook Marketplace search today under pinball. Guess $35K is a steal!

F282ED82-4BA9-4F0C-AFD9-5D519544A540 (resized).pngF282ED82-4BA9-4F0C-AFD9-5D519544A540 (resized).png
#136 3 years ago

Yeah man, why not $100k? What’s wrong with it?

#137 3 years ago

Well this thread is nothing if not entertaining. ... I don’t have a dog in this hunt so free market prevails

You have to at least acknowledge the cleverness of the OP by allowing comments on his for sale thread, unlike 95% of other FS listings, in order to generate the fire icon knowing it would generate never ending debate

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Saw this on my local Facebook Marketplace search today under pinball. Guess $35K is a steal!
[quoted image]

So was it still available Dan?

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So was it still available Dan?

Lol I’m not Dan but I presume so since it’s still
listed. It does say or best offer but no low balls.

#140 3 years ago

it official 100k by christmas is here !

#141 3 years ago

why not $135,000

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

why not $135,000

I'm not greedy. First 100k takes my POTC CE.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

The ignore button is a POWERFUL feature here at Pinside.pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#144 3 years ago

Quoted from NPO:The ignore button is a POWERFUL feature here at Pinside.[quoted image]

It's the best thing about Pinside in making it the experience you want. Kind of like taking out the trash every week.

#145 3 years ago

I have zero problems with someone asking 35k for a pin. Problem is it impacts everyone. Setting a baseline that other people use and follow. Noticed how almost everything listed is amped up now? He may get 35k for his pin, but he will pay more for another one to replace it. It’s laughable to think price gouging doesn’t create lasting damage for the entire hobby. We all end up paying. Hopefully this bubble bursts sooner rather then later. Lol

#146 3 years ago

I’m not so sure about lasting reprocussions.
Big Lebowskies shot up for a while and have since come back to reality.
There’s a lot more of these pins in the world than there are people willing to pay 35k a pop for them.
When the days comes where 35k is a standard price for a pin we have much bigger problems.
I’m not looking forward to $100 cheeseburgers or a $25 beer.
Inflation is coming.

#147 3 years ago

For sure..

20 hour days was exhausting but still a great time!!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thank you for your undying efforts to get everybody through the tournament.
I know Buffalo was on sabbatical anyway but hopefully we can all be in the same room doing BSPO and other related events sometime soon!

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

It does say or best offer but no low balls.

hahahaha!! at that price, $90K is a lowball offer !

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I have zero problems with someone asking 35k for a pin. Problem is it impacts everyone. Setting a baseline that other people use and follow. Noticed how almost everything listed is amped up now? He may get 35k for his pin, but he will pay more for another one to replace it. It’s laughable to think price gouging doesn’t create lasting damage for the entire hobby. We all end up paying. Hopefully this bubble bursts sooner rather then later. Lol

Only it's not price gouging... It's a free market. The hobby is getting more expensive, deal with it.

Jeff

#150 3 years ago

I cringe every time someone talks about a bubble. People in EVERY HOBBY talk about that. Just stop it makes you look desperate

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-9/page/3?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.