cry money tears.gif
judge (resized).jpg
E84D89B1-183A-415F-AC33-51C1B3D32278 (resized).jpeg
46CEB653-83A8-43BB-B0B9-51DA7B6422C3 (resized).jpeg
EFD932CC-E0DD-400D-AEEE-056939E717E4 (resized).jpeg
AE587245-415C-41F0-9C72-6689A0776465 (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
IMG_3905 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Maybe the buyer takes a bath.
Some people acquired games decades ago for a fraction of the today's market price. Should they sell the games for what they paid? 15% more? 100% more? What about real estate? I paid top dollar for a property 15 years ago. 5 years later I would have taken a bath selling it. Today the home is worth 40% more. Is it greedy to sell the house for what the market can bear when there are people that can't afford it?

Sort of reminds me of a bitcoin that you can play with.

#52 3 years ago

Everyone is forgetting this is a Pirate Pinball, pirate's pirate.
As Jack Sparrow says, " umm, Pirate"
So, How much can I get for a Black Rose?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think some of u people need to learn how to shop , it’s very simple u like it u buy it , u don’t like it u don’t buy it .. it’s affordable u buy it .. it’s too much U don’t buy it . This ain’t calculus .

Yeah it never ceases to amaze me. Some people live their lives this way as if everything should be free or a handout. It’s how our culture is evolving

Would I sell it that way? No but I respect your right to sell it any way you want!

And this just in, it takes a BUYER to tango. And maybe there is one out there for $35k

GLWS

#54 3 years ago

Will this set the record for the highest price a pinball machine has sold for in Michigan
Hope you get your asking price and after it sells you invite the rest of us Michigan pinsiders over for a kick ass bbq

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

invite the rest of us Michigan pinsiders over for a kick ass bbq

Read that invitation closely, OP likely means “kick ass” literally.

#56 3 years ago

This whole thing just sends a message. If somebody wants what you got, skys the limit man!

#57 3 years ago

100k by Christmas.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So, How much can I get for a Black Rose?

Not sure about Black Rose, but when a JJP POTC $19,500 a local collector sold his Stern POTC for $10,500.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Normally I would thumbs down the price but what's the point anymore. Hobby is so fucking crazy. A game that had no demand and nobody wanted so production was stopped is now the most sought after. Just glad I been collecting for 25 years and can't imagine it's fun getting into it right now. Best of luck and smart to cash out while you can. My collection has increased significantly in net worth over the past year with the influx of idiots into this hobby so I'll reap the rewards as well.

yep

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

All that said, I have officially written off the possibility of owning one of these.
Not saying the price is right or wrong, it’s just out of the pricing structure I’m personally willing to pay for a single machine.

For me to even spend anywhere near this for a pinball machine it would have to have 10 swapable playfields and ROMS to have basically 10 pins in 1.

#61 3 years ago

We scoffed and laughed when the first one was priced at 20k. Now several have sold in the low 20ks. As far as I know the one recently listed for 30k sold (? final price).

Hard for me to imagine there is someone who would spend 35k for any pin but it certainly will be an interesting thread to follow. Personally I feel any of us have the right to ask whatever we want for a machine. As others have said if you don’t think it’s worth the asking price don’t buy it.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think some of u people need to learn how to shop , it’s very simple u like it u buy it , u don’t like it u don’t buy it .. it’s affordable u buy it .. it’s too much U don’t buy it . This ain’t calculus .

It’s a derivative of calculus

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Hard for me to imagine there is someone who would spend 35k for any pin but it certainly will be an interesting thread to follow.

There’s pins worth a lot more than 35k out there.

#64 3 years ago

The Black Arrow Special Edition. JJP wouldn’t do that again would they?
How many versions of the Wizard of Oz have been made?
I actually think it’s great if JJP never remakes this game ever again. Great for the hobby.
But how reliable are they in their past history.

#65 3 years ago

I think the OP is just attention seeking and wants people talking about him. He sure is getting that. Does anyone really think that 35K is an asking price for ANY pinball machine? If you want to test my theory, I can list my Simpsons for 50K and will get more posts then him . People love to get people all riled up. Everyone just chill, noone is going to pay this. The game is not even perfect. It is a car that had a blown engine and needed replacement (Display).

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I think the OP is just attention seeking and wants people talking about him. He sure is getting that. Does anyone really think that 35K is an asking price for ANY pinball machine? If you want to test my theory, I can list my Simpsons for 50K and will get more posts then him . People love to get people all riled up. Everyone just chill, noone is going to pay this. The game is not even perfect. It is a car that had a blown engine and needed replacement (Display).

Haha u think I want attention from you ? Guess again El Guapo. Check how much the last potc ce sold then think .

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

100k by Christmas.

That's the price I'd be willing to sell for.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haha u think I want attention from you ? Guess again El Guapo. Check how much the last potc ce sold then think .

Ahhhhh Yes!! Sold (amount undisclosed) LMAO
Sorry, your machine was a lemon (not perfect condition)

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

There’s pins worth a lot more than 35k out there.

Oh please do tell..... (machines that had more than a single digit run of course). There is always the unicorn like Williams Pinball Circus)

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok, but your Radcal better be blemish free!

I dunno OneangryMo, I’m excited to see what this sells for. Market ceiling test and all that.

Seriously, you own it, folks want it. Good luck with sale Amigo!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Ahhhhh Yes!! Sold (amount undisclosed) LMAO
Sorry, your machine was a lemon (not perfect condition)

No worries .

#72 3 years ago

There’s been way more potc for sale lately. Either the prices are soooo ridiculous that owners have little choice but to cash in, or the rumors of jjp running more are very realistic. Either way, if I had a potc, I’d be selling now while profit is still there. If I’m a buyer, I’d sit and wait another year or so, and buy something else in the meantime betting on another run.

#73 3 years ago

mite b a lemon
35k will get lots of lemonade

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from one-armed-bandit:

mite b a lemon
35k will get lots of lemonade

U should stay in Shelbyville where u belong

#75 3 years ago

I’m going to go with the Janky ass pinballs on route. Might not be as pretty or play as well. What do I know I’m cheap ass.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hahahaha. "There are no mosquitos here"

sorry buddy, its allready gonna happen, take it to the bank.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don’t get it?

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Oh please do tell..... (machines that had more than a single digit run of course). There is always the unicorn like Williams Pinball Circus)

Two that immediately come to mind:

Wizard Blocks (prototype for the unreleased pinball 2000 machine). This is worth quite a bit more than 35k
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/wizard-blocks

Bally The Pinball Circus.
Not only is this worth a lot more than 35k, it’s not even the same number of digits on the sales price should one ever come up for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-circus

That’s just random off the top of my head as obvious answers where the value of those machines dwarfs 35k.

Edit: I never said anything about production numbers. Simply that machines exist that are well over 35k

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Two that immediately come to mind:
Wizard Blocks (prototype for the unreleased pinball 2000 machine). This is worth quite a bit more than 35k
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/wizard-blocks
Bally The Pinball Circus.
Not only is this worth a lot more than 35k, it’s not even the same number of digits on the sales price should one ever come up for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-circus
That’s just random off the top of my head as obvious answers where the value of those machines dwarfs 35k.
Edit: I never said anything about production numbers. Simply that machines exist that are well over 35k

Don't forget SUPREME!

semi-credible reports of that game changing hands in several cases well north of $35K

Those Supreme collectors are batshit insane. But the thread here about that game's release was one of Pinside's finest moments of bewilderment, confusion, anger, denial, and of course acceptance.

I'll admit it's not much of a looker but that game is way more fun than POTC to play.

#80 3 years ago

It’s the principal man, the principal. You would have to be pretty frickin nuts to pay this amount for this game anyway so good luck.

#81 3 years ago

So what if it's big as a Subaru and costs just as much?

FUCKIN' FINANCE IT!!!

judge (resized).jpgjudge (resized).jpg
#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It really pains me to sell, pains me ! But I’m sure someone else will enjoy it

cry money tears.gifcry money tears.gif

But hey, if someone wants to spend $35k, that's simply astonishingly amazing (or amazingly astonishing?)

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It pains me to do this, but how about a trade for my XMEN LE? Straight up.

Another game that’s rare - rarer than PoTC - way better than its reputation and, who are we kidding, way better than PoTC.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what if it's big as a Subaru and costs just as much?
FUCKIN' FINANCE IT!!![quoted image]

And when you die, they can bury you in it!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

And when you die, they can bury you in it!

In the Subaru or the potc cabinet

#86 3 years ago

You guys need to understand whats really going on here. “This”, to really wealthy people is a drop in the bucket. $35k, $50k is nothin. It’s not even pocket change dude.
When I see lots of people desperately looking for places to put Large Sums of money
(millions), this pales in comparison. It’s like buying a vase to them. I watched people build 5-10 million dollar homes in the mountains of Colorado and not even live there. They never intended to. The houses just sit there. They start to fall into disrepair and homeowners associations have to contact to the owners to complain.
Just a place to hide money. It’s a real problem for them. Really. Most of us can’t wrap our heads around that. I know I can’t.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You guys need to understand whats really going on here. “This”, to really wealthy people is a drop in the bucket. $35k, $50k is nothin. It’s not even pocket change dude.
When I see lots of people desperately looking for places to put Large Sums of money
(millions), this pales in comparison. It’s like buying a vase to them. I watched people build 5-10 million dollar homes in the mountains of Colorado and not even live there. They never intended to. The houses just sit there. They start to fall into disrepair and homeowners associations have to contact to the owners to complain.
Just a place to hide money. It’s a real problem for them. Really. Most of us can’t wrap our heads around that. I know I can’t.

I have a bank account they can hide money in Pass the word!

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those Supreme collectors are batshit insane. But the thread here about that game's release was one of Pinside's finest moments of bewilderment, confusion, anger, denial, and of course acceptance.
I'll admit it's not much of a looker but that game is way more fun than POTC to play.

I believe that game is based on S-M home edition. You actually think that game is more fun to play than JJP POTC? Please tell us what you dislike so much about POTC gameplay. I find it to be a very fun and deep pin with some great shots and interesting rules.

#89 3 years ago

I'm just here for a good time.

I like OP, he seems like a fun dude. If I had POTC CE I'd have it for sale for an "insane" price right now too. GLWS

#90 3 years ago

I'll never pay over 30k for a pinball machine.

never.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's about time you showed up here. I was starting to get worried.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The people who bought this shitty game when it came out deserve to reap the rewards, if any are to be had.
If you want to do the same, buy expensive games that break all the time when they are in production, not 3 years later.

What the hell is your problem with this game? The moment ANY new POTC thread pops up you can bank on you jumping in to shit all over the game and make stupid false claims about it to boot. We get it, seriously, you don't like the game. Do you have to remind us about it 24/7?

POTC is clearly one of the most sought after games out there so for being a shitty game a hell of a lot of people love to play it. I wouldn't sell my CE for anything less than $100K and in the time I've had it (got it NIB), I can't think of any time the game has been out of commission (off the top of my head at least).

Jeff

#93 3 years ago

Pinside is mirroring Ebay priced ads now.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah it never ceases to amaze me. Some people live their lives this way as if everything should be free or a handout. It’s how our culture is evolving
Would I sell it that way? No but I respect your right to sell it any way you want!
And this just in, it takes a BUYER to tango. And maybe there is one out there for $35k
GLWS

This is something I just don't understand here and probably never will... Why do some people insist on chiming in to tell you that selling your game at a price you see fit is somehow detrimental to the community or you're somehow taking advantage of someone or whatever the "woe is me" excuse of the day is? It's a free market, buyers and sellers can agree on whatever terms they can agree on. I know I've overpaid for things in the past because I wanted them, so what?

Jeff

#95 3 years ago

its called capitalism
u like it or u dont these days but its got America where we r today

#96 3 years ago

Many years ago when I was sitting on the beach, having my cocktail and watching the sunset in Bora Bora.. I was being bitten by mosquitos on my legs. When I told the waiter, "Im being bitten" he laughed at me and said "there are no mosquitos here", even though I could see them with my plain freaking peepers.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I believe that game is based on S-M home edition. You actually think that game is more fun to play than JJP POTC? Please tell us what you dislike so much about POTC gameplay. I find it to be a very fun and deep pin with some great shots and interesting rules.

I just don’t like it man. Never have. It’s ugly, the rules are way too convoluted and pointlessly complex, the constant rocking of the ship makes me seasick, the theme doesn’t appeal to me, the “action button” nonsense is way over the top, I don’t care for the layout..the whole package just isn’t my cup of tea. And whenever I’ve played it in tournaments I’ve had games ruined by stuck balls, extra balls on the playfield, and things generally not working like they are supposed to (as usually seems to happen on ridiculously complex games with way too much crap shoehorned into them).

The good news for POTC owners is my opinion doesn’t seem to be affecting the game’s value much. The bad news is Supreme is still worth more and is more fun to play.

#98 3 years ago

It’s a great game. I bought an LE back in October for $13k and my wife was pissed that I would spend so much. When it got here after her first play she said this game is worth $50,000! Turns out she might be right. Ha!

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You guys need to understand whats really going on here.

What’s really going on is trolling. There is no evidence Pirates of the Caribbean is changing hands for $30k+

There is ample evidence of MANY tables being listed for ridiculous prices. Some claim to have been sold, others don’t.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'll never pay over 30k for a pinball machine.
never.

I don't think I could ever play a game I have $30k into.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-9/page/2?hl=one-armed-bandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.