Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dick (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    merlin_170438451_dd144ae2-8cd3-4d76-9196-7c12518b53a4-mobileMasterAt3x (resized).jpg
    BB0F5442-9F14-43B1-BA75-38CF1656171F (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 1.11.58 PM (resized).png
    1353FA80-22D1-4A0A-8E14-0584A7916598.gif
    2-2021-ford-mustang-04_2_Cropped (resized).jpg
    features (resized).JPG
    50mv3n (resized).jpg
    64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 months ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Isn’t their collection value also steadily increasing? They might have to sell something vs continue to grow it but all pin prices are rising. 30k is rare if it sold for that. Many older pins from the 90s are so expensive I’ve been buying new as of late. Any one who has had pins in their collections for a while is sitting on more money than they probably ever dreamed. I could see losing some folks just because they aren’t as passionate as they once were on pinball and want to cash out while they can.

The bright side I think is that with all the increased interest, location play should get a big increase in attendance when the world goes back to normal.
    No one ever said you have to own a pinball machine to be into pinball.

#152 9 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The bright side I think is that with all the increased interest, location play should get a big increase in attendance when the world goes back to normal.

Very true

#153 9 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I can’t wait to put in 5 bucks for a play.

#154 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pressure:

I can’t wait to put in 5 bucks for a play.

No shit, that might be coming sooner than we think.

#155 9 months ago

If the pin halls get priced out of the new games by the collectors, we will see this when they have to recoup the cost.

#156 9 months ago

I feel sorry for operators who got butt jammed by covid, and then the collectors are sending NIB prices through the roof... Not sure about the casual player, but on-site, if I see a Stern Pro, I am way less excited to drop ANY money into it, yet this is what operators are living on, because who as an operator can afford a route of $9k+ machines? But I guess you can pass on the cost like people have said... $5 for three balls!?! And you don't even get a chance to win a Kewpie doll!

#157 9 months ago

You may not like stern pros, but the people that are putting the majority of the money in location games do. And they don’t put any more into JJP games that I’ve seen so the extra expense doesn’t make sense for most OPs.

#158 9 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I feel sorry for operators who got butt jammed by covid, and then the collectors are sending NIB prices through the roof... Not sure about the casual player, but on-site, if I see a Stern Pro, I am way less excited to drop ANY money into it, yet this is what operators are living on, because who as an operator can afford a route of $9k+ machines? But I guess you can pass on the cost like people have said... $5 for three balls!?! And you don't even get a chance to win a Kewpie doll!

You make it sound like the pin is worth nothing after they are done routing it. 1 or 2 bucks for 3 balls and you make a couple grand you’ll still have a pin to sell in the end. They are definitely not making a killing with insurance and any splits but they can sell these pins for not much less than what they paid. Shoot, things might even be better for them now with how close people are paying for a used pin vs nib

#159 9 months ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

You make it sound like the pin is worth nothing after they are done routing it. 1 or 2 bucks for 3 balls and you make a couple grand you’ll still have a pin to sell in the end. They are definitely not making a killing with insurance and any splits but they can sell these pins for not much less than what they paid. Shoot, things might even be better for them now with how close people are paying for a used pin vs nib

I had 3 Sterns on route preCovid as well as a bunch of sys 11 and WPC stuff. As far as Stern it was IMDM pro, DP pro and BKSOR Prem. They were 75c per game 3 for $2.

DP pro was paid off in 15 months and that was with the location taking half. I think 13,000 plays or something like that. It's still in great shape and I could probably sell it for $5,000. So I take a $600 hit but I made money.

IMDN pro did ok. It was there a year maybe and I paid off 75% of that one. BKSOR prem was there 9 months and did the worst. I maybe was at 40% paid off but the extra I paid to get the premium wasn't worth it in the long run. I sold both of these and still came out ahead but not like I had hoped. Covid shutting things down didn't help at all.

#160 9 months ago

Summary of replies here by those that do not approve of the sale.

dick (resized).jpg
    There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside