View topic image gallery

A2221729-CBF9-4E64-9038-DCC5E56D7BBD (resized).jpeg
thDD3CTWFX (resized).jpg
POTC-Rules-Flow (resized).jpg
POTC-Rules-Flow (resized).jpg
POTC_SE_150 (resized).png
DC47FEAD-D20F-4714-A5C8-32C1B49354F0 (resized).jpeg
F9934FB7-AB09-4341-8976-BE2CB72C91CB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Damn I am surprised this game is still around. I guess people don’t realize Pirates will never be made again. This is a soon to be rare breed.

It's a rare breed already. Low production PLUS amazing gameplay.

For comparison, look at TBL and Alien. They are more rare but they're not more fun. I've played TBL and I own Alien. JJP POTC is better and cheaper.

As more people play it, more will appreciate it. Excellent rules with such a cool layout, esp the rocking upper playfield and cannon shot. Just a brilliant game.

I was completely uninterested in Pirates until I played it.

2 weeks later
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Most people want the le...

The difference is miniscule.

Everything can be added except color changing GI.

SE provides brighter GI illumination. All inserts are still color changing. A lot of LE owners are upgrading to SE mods so they aren't left behind. Better devil's triangle, better star field.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This will compare the models.[quoted image]

There is one error on that JJP comparison sheet.

The premium clearcoated playfield is actually not included on any edition.

But it's still a completely awesome game in any version. Also, the SE is the more limited edition with fewer games produced.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m guessing this is why jjp wont rerun these games, listed three weeks ago, still for sale. Too bad, such an amazing game.

I think JJP won't rerun this game because it's too expensive to produce for a decent profit. All the more reason to get one while you can.

The limited number of games produced will only add to the game's appeal once more people finally experience it and realize its brilliance.

With POTC,, JJP finally achieved their original goal to make the most technically advanced game with excellent deep rules and fantastic game- play.

It may not be immediate, but in time this game will earn its place in pinball history. It is better than TZ, MM etc. Those old tired relics are held in high regard based on outdated standards. JJPOTC is the real deal.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Better star field? How so?

The aftermarket one is a full plastic covering more area in back, not a small square.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Le sell pretty quickly in the 10500-11500 range tho..

Then this is an even bigger bargain at 9500.

You can basically match the SE to LE for about a grand.

With the LE, you gotta spend extra above the higher base price to improve with moving chest mod, interactive devils triangle mod, full starfield, and powder coated hardware.

The SE doesn't have color changing RGB but you get the RGB color changing inserts so you don't miss any gameplay indicators. The GI is white, which is for general illumination of the pf. The color changing GI is cool but generally not as illuminating

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it doesn't work interactively with the game like the real LE/CE one. I wouldn't call that "better".

But no LE owner I've talked to understands what it is doing interactively that strategically affects how you play the game.

Maybe it's better explained as different, not better or worse. How do you decipher the constellations, and how does it change your strategy?

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally think it's kind of dumb, but it starts to make more sense the more you play it. However his subjective opinion about its worth is not an objective fact. The fact is, the LE/CE star map is interactive with the game. The aftermarket plastic is not. That's objectively NOT "better."

Is small, interactive and dumb better than non interactive and larger?

Maybe yes, maybe no. It's all personal opinion. But no dispute that this is a great game in any version.

And I'm sure the OP is loving all the bumps.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Dumb is pretty harsh

I was just responding to another post that called it dumb. It was quoted in my response.

Even those who say they understand it describe it as difficult to decipher and not integral because the information is more clearly available elsewhere.

I don't think the game suffers without it but I'd change my mind if I found it really useful when I play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-85?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.