image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindoctor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Pinball Pool

Added: 2020-08-03 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (March 13th, 2021) • Ended: March 20th, 2021
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

3 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 2,200

Item description

This one is coming from my “personal collection“ as they say. Why do I call this from my personal collection? Well, I’ve whored-out so many of these machines over the years that I would consider those my very impersonal collection, wouldn’t you say? Anyway, starting to downsize a few things and this is the first one I’ve decided to let go. I’ve owned a helluva lot of pinball pool machines and this is the best one I was able to put together.

The cabinet is very nice with mostly original paint including the original crappy Gottlieb overspray. I swear those dudes were half drunk most of the time. Some people think I do some crappy stencil job. I assure you, the crappy looking paint on this machine is OEM Gottlieb quality. Which means that the paint is actually very good and durable but the accuracy of the stenciling could possibly leave something to be desired. There are a few touchups here and there but overall it’s a very nice cabinet. Polished de-rusted original legs with new levelers, new locks, new playfield glass.

The backglass is the nicest NOS one I had on hand and it’s nearly perfect. Not the typical flaking skirts and legs on those poor women. I always felt bad for them. I always thought they should be on a proper backglass. Gordon Morrison draws some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. I will never sell my Genie game for the backglass alone. Rest in peace Gordon!

The playfield is about the best original I have ever seen. There are a few touchups on the insert outlines but overall it’s extremely nice. The plastics on this game are not broken and they are actually all original. The drop targets have all been replaced as well as the lane guides and the posts and the flipper bats and the rubber and the post caps and the pop bumper parts, etc. Do you get the point? I really like this game and I took very good care of it. That is the point if you didn’t get it.

The CPU board and power supply are new. The CPU board is a Gen 2 Ni-Wumpf. The power supply is from Gulf pinball. You even get the receipts for warranty purposes. The driver board is original and nice. Any flaky connectors have been re-pinned. The score displays are original Gottlieb.

There are no LEDs or LED strips or trinkets and toys or anything on this machine. If you would like to take this nice machine and crap it all up on your own, feel free to do so and I encourage it if that is what you like. We can still be friends and I will always wave to you at the Pinball shows.

I have a very nice set of original documentation including an owners manual original warranty information, extra cards, etc. Its a pretty darn nice set and I could probably throw it on eBay for an extra 30 bucks but I’m through with barking for nickels. I will pass this beautiful machine on to the next owner with all of these beautiful extra parts because that is the way that it should be passed on. I would encourage the next owner to pass it on to the next person as well. Let’s face it, these poor machines have been through enough already. We don’t need to keep harvesting their organs.

There’s about a Texas bootload of extra new drop targets that also come with the machine complements of Steve Young from the Pinball Resource or whatever poor guy he pays to hot stamp these targets all day. Somebody should give that guy a prize. Whoever does it now, there were even greater men before him that passed away. I’m not sure the drop target dude realizes the significance he plays at this point. He stamps all day, grabs a ham sandwich at noon and punches the clock and goes home and has a beer. He probably doesn’t feel recognized. But I recognize him. I recognize him in all the royal flushes and target alphas and Joker poker’s that I’ve repaired through the years. There’s a little piece of that guy in a lot of machines.

Primarily looking to trade for these...

Baffle Ball
Five Star Final Sr.
Jacks Open
Royal Flush
Count-Down
Alien Poker
Eight Ball
Banzai Run
Theatre of Magic
Cactus Jacks
Title Fight
Street Fighter
Cue Ball Wizard

Item photos

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PiNDoCToR's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PiNDoCToR's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Phoenixville, PA, US

#3 3 years ago

Come to think of it, I did do one mod to this machine. I’ve always felt that this game was a little bit too easy to play because of the remote trip drop targets. Although they are a cool feature, I really feel they make the game too easy. It’s a simple leaf switch adjustment that I made on one of the relays under the playfield and it is totally reversible if you would like the game to play as it originally was intended. But as you know, these single level playfields can sometimes fail to arouse and deliver. And that was my intention with this mod. It’s like saying to your wife “hey honey, why don’t you put this blonde wig on tonight for kicks?”. I assure you that won’t get you very far in the bedroom (maybe it would. I really don’t know many of your wives), but a simple little mod like this on your pinball pool machine can add years and years of life.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindoctor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pinball-pool-11?tu=pindoctor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.