New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274479)

For sale: Pinball Pool

By PiNDoCToR

89 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 81 days ago by BorgDog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200804_203828 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 89 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,800

for sale

For sale: Pinball Pool

Added: August 4th, 2020 Ended: August 11th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

This one is coming from my “personal collection“ as they say. Why do I call this from my personal collection? Well, I’ve whored-out so many of these machines over the years that I would consider those my very impersonal collection, wouldn’t you say? Anyway, starting to downsize a few things and this is the first one I’ve decided to let go. I’ve owned a helluva lot of pinball pool machines and this is the best one I was able to put together.

The cabinet is very nice with mostly original paint including the original crappy Gottlieb overspray. I swear those dudes were half drunk most of the time. Some people think I do some crappy stencil job. I assure you, the crappy looking paint on this machine is OEM Gottlieb quality. Which means that the paint is actually very good and durable but the accuracy of the stenciling could possibly leave something to be desired. There are a few touchups here and there but overall it’s a very nice cabinet. Polished de-rusted original legs with new levelers, new locks, new playfield glass.

The backglass is the nicest NOS one I had on hand and it’s nearly perfect. Not the typical flaking skirts and legs on those poor women. I always felt bad for them. I always thought they should be on a proper backglass. Gordon Morrison draws some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. I will never sell my genie game for the backglass alone. Rest in peace Gordon!

The playfield is about the best original I have ever seen. There are a few touchups on the insert outlines but overall it’s extremely nice. The plastics on this game are not broken and they are actually all original. The drop targets have all been replaced as well as the lane guides and the posts and the flipper bats and the rubber and the post caps and the pop bumper parts, etc. Do you get the point? I really like this game and I took very good care of it. That is the point if you didn’t get it.

The CPU board and power supply are new. The CPU board is a Gen 2 Ni-Wumpf. The power supply is from Gulf pinball. You even get the receipts for warranty purposes. The driver board is original and nice. Any flaky connectors have been re-pinned. The score displays do not photograph well due to the strobing, but they are original Gottlieb’s and they look nice and consistent in my opinion. But my opinion really isn’t worth that much to you as a buyer. Only your opinion counts so I don’t know why I even bother to give my opinion at all. I probably should have just deleted what I wrote instead of going on and on about it like this but I don’t know how to use the backspace key with Siri. I just kind of keep rolling forward if you know what I mean.

There are no LEDs or LED strips or trinkets and toys or anything on this machine. If you would like to take this nice machine and crap it all up on your own, feel free to do so and I encourage it if that is what you like. We can still be friends and I will always wave to you at the Pinball shows.

I have a very nice set of original documentation including an owners manual original warranty information, extra cards, etc. Its a pretty darn nice set and I could probably throw it on eBay for an extra 30 bucks but I’m through with barking for nickels. I will pass this beautiful machine on to the next owner with all of these beautiful extra parts because that is the way that it should be passed on. I would encourage the next owner to pass it on to the next person as well. Let’s face it, these poor machines have been through enough already. We don’t need to keep harvesting their organs.

There’s about a Texas bootload of extra new drop targets that also come with the machine complements of Steve Young from the Pinball Resource or whatever poor guy he pays to hot stamp these targets all day. Somebody should give that guy a prize. Whoever does it now, there were even greater men before him that passed away. I’m not sure the drop target dude realizes the significance he plays at this point. He stamps all day, grabs a ham sandwich at noon and punches the clock and goes home and has a beer. He probably doesn’t feel recognized. But I recognize him. I recognize him in all the royal flushes and target alphas and Joker poker’s that I’ve repaired through the years. There’s a little piece of that guy in a lot of machines.

Item photos

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Phoenixville, PA, US

Seller insights

These are PiNDoCToR's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PiNDoCToR's stats page

#2 89 days ago

Nice machine!

#3 89 days ago

Come to think of it, I did do one mod to this machine. I’ve always felt that this game was a little bit too easy to play because of the remote trip drop targets. Although they are a cool feature, I really feel they make the game too easy. It’s a simple leaf switch adjustment that I made on one of the relays under the playfield and it is totally reversible if you would like the game to play as it originally was intended. But as you know, these single level playfields can sometimes fail to arouse and deliver. And that was my intention with this mod. It’s like saying to your wife “hey honey, why don’t you put this blonde wig on tonight for kicks?”. I assure you that won’t get you very far in the bedroom (maybe it would. I really don’t know many of your wives), but a simple little mod like this on your pinball pool machine can add years and years of life.

#4 88 days ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Come to think of it, I did do one mod to this machine. I’ve always felt that this game was a little bit too easy to play because of the remote trip drop targets. Although they are a cool feature, I really feel they make the game too easy. It’s a simple leaf switch adjustment that I made on one of the relays under the playfield and it is totally reversible if you would like the game to play as it originally was intended. But as you know, these single level playfields can sometimes fail to arouse and deliver. And that was my intention with this mod. It’s like saying to your wife “hey honey, why don’t you put this blonde wig on tonight for kicks?”. I assure you that won’t get you very far in the bedroom (maybe it would. I really don’t know many of your wives), but a simple little mod like this on your pinball pool machine can add years and years of life.

Pinball Pool is one of the best System 1 games imo and a back glass in that condition for this game is very hard to come by.If it's not to much trouble would you mind posting a pic of that leaf switch Mod as i agree with your assessment on increasing the game difficulty level will make it a outstanding game GLWS

#5 87 days ago

curious on the leaf switch mod as well, I run mine in 3-ball but with the jones plug under the playfield in the 5 ball position so only the even targets are paired dropping. was thinking about trying to make it so none were paired but hadn't looked into it yet.

nice looking machine, glws.

#6 87 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

curious on the leaf switch mod as well, I run mine in 3-ball but with the jones plug under the playfield in the 5 ball position so only the even targets are paired dropping. was thinking about trying to make it so none were paired but hadn't looked into it yet.
nice looking machine, glws.

That's easy to do. Just permanently open the switch on the relay on the underside of the playfield that pairs the drop targets up. It makes the game much more difficult and it's easy to reverse.

Gotta say that was one of the most stream of consciousness ad writeup I've ever read.

#7 87 days ago

Entertaining listing. GLWS!

#8 87 days ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's easy to do. Just permanently open the switch on the relay on the underside of the playfield that pairs the drop targets up. It makes the game much more difficult and it's easy to reverse.

Ha, like I said I hadn't looked into it before, but weird they have an extra relay just for that, the 'B' relay, on the right in the picture below. Just a slight bend of the leaf and no paired drop targets, thanks.

sorry for the sidetrack, back to your regularly scheduled program.

IMG_20200804_203828 (resized).jpg
#9 81 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Ha, like I said I hadn't looked into it before, but weird they have an extra relay just for that, the 'B' relay, on the right in the picture below. Just a slight bend of the leaf and no paired drop targets, thanks.
sorry for the sidetrack, back to your regularly scheduled program.[quoted image]

How do you like the game play with the roto trip disabled bump

#10 81 days ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

How do you like the game play with the roto trip disabled bump

While it does seem to lower the scores and make clearing the drops more difficult, I actually missed the cool feature of having the opposite one drop so earlier today I reversed it back and just have the even drops paired as before. I enjoy it more this way, just cool to see them drop like that, and having gone through and gotten all the mechs working well when I first bought it and cleared the playfield (minor touch-ups mostly black keylines, not a full restoration) for smooth play it is fast and fun. Easy? yeah it's not the most complicated pin, but just pure fun.. oh and I did replace the sound board with chimes which I enjoy much more too.

Again, good luck with the sale pindoctor nice looking machine you have.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside