(Topic ID: 147583)

For trade: Pinball Magic (Capcom,now with pictures)

By CaptainNeo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_magic_machine_025_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_024_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_023_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_022_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_021_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_019_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_026_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_020_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_017_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_016_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_014_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_013_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_012_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_011_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_010_(resized).jpg
pinball_magic_machine_018_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For trade: Pinball Magic (Capcom,now with pictures)

Added: 2015-12-24 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (February 5th, 2016) • Ended: June 1st, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 10

I have a super nice pinball magic up for trade. Works 100%. Translite is mint. Only wear playfield seems to have is slight edge wear at the corner of the genie hole, no broken plastics tho one may have a hint of spider cracks around the screw, clean inside the cabinet. Unfaded original cabinet. Tophat has one hairline crack on the brim. All around excellent condition. Custom painted Chest. Pictures to follow.

Looking to trade for

Metallica Pro
Kiss Pro
Indy 500
Twilight Zone

might be open to other games.
Or will consider a zaccaria needed to complete my full set of gen2's + cash.

Zaccarias still needed

Blackbelt
Pool champion
Pinball Champ
Mexico 86
Stars phoenix
Clown

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are CaptainNeo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to CaptainNeo's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Burlington, WI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

#2 8 years ago

this new format sucks ass. Wouldn't let me NOT put in a price. if you have a for trade option, you should also have the option to not have a price.

#3 8 years ago

Funny. I has just decided today this might be a great title to try next. I don't have anything to trade, though.

So I guess I give you your first bump instead

#4 8 years ago

Pinball magic is a cool game!

#5 8 years ago

gweempose I think was looking for a pinball magic. Not sure if you guys connected.

#6 8 years ago

Darn it Neo, I'm glad I didn't know you'd be getting this when I was last over. It's on my short list to watch out for... But, now is not the time for me to be entertaining adding anything else. And you know me and trades :-/

#7 8 years ago

PM rocks! Part of my "5 pin core" that will never leave. Game gets a bad wrap cause play is linear and not random. So be it, complaints noted! However, when you weigh the positives against the negatives, clearly it is a winner. The hat skill shot, floating ball trick, magnetic magic wand, voice overs and the G.I. illumination effects are pinball industry firsts and have not been repeated ( that I know of anyway). Definately an "A" title all day long imo!

Gl with your trade. I'll ask around in my circles to see if anyone is interested.
Merry Xmas!

#8 8 years ago

I agree. the toys on this game are phenomenal. Blows TOM out of the water. And i've owned TOM for 5-6 years as well.

#9 8 years ago

I agree great game - bump

#10 8 years ago

Bump.

#11 8 years ago

I've been looking for one .. I had a trade deal going in Seattle but that fell through ...

3900 shipped to Oregon .?
I like the challenge of the game .

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

I've been looking for one .. I had a trade deal going in Seattle but that fell through ...
3900 shipped to Oregon .?
I like the challenge of the game .

If he did that it would be a good deal for you. Figure 350 for shipping. I wouldn't do that with mine.

#13 8 years ago

A Kiss pro? Say it ain't so!

I have played Neo's Pinball Magic. It is as described.

#14 8 years ago

I've been getting a lot of interest in this. I prefer to go the trade route more than cash. $3900 shipped....not a chance. I don't even know if I would take 3900 cash here at the house. I'd be on the fence about that. I've had PM before. Nice examples. this is nicer than the others I have had. Only flaw it really has is the left glass slide channel has a dent in it. the rest is damn nice.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've been getting a lot of interest in this. I prefer to go the trade route more than cash. $3900 shipped....not a chance. I don't even know if I would take 3900 cash here at the house. I'd be on the fence about that. I've had PM before. Nice examples. this is nicer than the others I have had. Only flaw it really has is the left glass slide channel has a dent in it. the rest is damn nice.

1st rule of the market: If Neo has it, it's worth lots more than the current market. If Neo wants it, the market is on a stupid bubble that will correct soon enough.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

1st rule of the market: If Neo has it, it's worth lots more than the current market. If Neo wants it, the market is on a stupid bubble that will correct soon enough.

Noted.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

that's not totally true. If i'm selling something to move, the prices are cheap or very reasonable. If you want something from my private collection, you are going to pay through the ass to get it.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's not totally true. If i'm selling something to move, the prices are cheap or very reasonable. If you want something from my private collection, you are going to pay through the ass to get it.

I see. I will trade you my Metallica Pro for your Pinball Magic, but my Metallic Pro is worth 6000. Bring cash.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I see. I will trade you my Metallica Pro for your Pinball Magic, but my Metallic Pro is worth 6000. Bring cash.

Hey, what a coincidence, this pm is 6k too. Sounds like the perfect trade to me. I guess we are meeting in Gary, IN since it's about the halfway point between us.

#20 8 years ago

Nice looking game and on my list...nothing to trade but an huo SM and distance would be a killer. Good luck

#21 8 years ago

ok, I have some pics finally. Tired to get pics of the cabinet best I could. where it is in the gameroom makes it damn near impossible to get any and i have a crapload of stuff piled under it. Cabinet is super nice. Unfaded, no major damage to the cabinet anywhere. Biggest flaw I remember, is the side rails having minor dents in them. Which I tried to take pics of.

pinball_magic_machine_009_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_009_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_002_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_002_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_001_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_001_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_003_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_003_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_004_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_004_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_006_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_006_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_007_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_007_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_008_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_008_(resized).jpg

#22 8 years ago

here are some more pics. All boards have matching numbers as well.

pinball_magic_machine_018_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_018_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_010_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_010_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_011_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_011_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_012_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_012_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_013_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_013_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_014_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_014_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_016_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_016_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_017_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_017_(resized).jpg

#23 8 years ago

here's the last set. Also comes with the manual. Tried to show the dents in the side rails. The right one is very subtle as I didn't even know it was there until I was taking pictures. Left side is minor as well, but more pronounced than the right side.

pinball_magic_machine_020_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_020_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_026_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_026_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_019_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_019_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_021_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_021_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_022_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_022_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_023_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_023_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_024_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_024_(resized).jpg

pinball_magic_machine_025_(resized).jpgpinball_magic_machine_025_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago

If you really need pictures of the cab, i'll see what I can do, but I prefer people to see and play games in person. Always better to inspect the details in person than trying to get them all on camera.

#25 8 years ago

Um, Neo, there are quite a few things that are not right about this.

Dual lock down bar holes on the front of the cabinet. Looks like they had a washer at some point due to the circular wear pattern around the bolts.

Has the wrong style post to the right of the ramp entrance. It should be a metal bar with a post sleeve. Wrong style plastic post for the game anyways, it should be a different shape and blue.

Has the wrong style post for the Hat scoop. Same as above, should be a metal bar with a post sleeve.

Hat has a crack in it. NLA, been searching for a new one for months.

The two posts in front of the hat trick are wrong. The should not be threaded for nuts. They should have a screw in it.

Skill shot plastic appears to be cracked in the bottom right screw hole. It is available.

Chest has been repainted. Not original but looks nice. Not sure if available.

Ramp below chest has spider cracking at the mounts.

Single slot coin door? Reimport perhaps?

Has wear at the Genie scoop. Upper right corner of it. Common issue, but it is listed as no playfield wear which is not true.

This is just why I am seeing with the pics you posted.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Dual lock down bar holes on the front of the cabinet. Looks like they had a washer at some point due to the circular wear pattern around the bolts.
Has the wrong style post to the right of the ramp entrance. It should be a metal bar with a post sleeve. Wrong style plastic post for the game anyways, it should be a different shape and blue.
Has the wrong style post for the Hat scoop. Same as above, should be a metal bar with a post sleeve.
The two posts in front of the hat trick are wrong. The should not be threaded for nuts. They should have a screw in it.
Skill shot plastic appears to be cracked in the bottom right screw hole. It is available.
Has wear at the Genie scoop. Upper right corner of it. Common issue, but it is listed as no playfield wear which is not true.

SSSHHHHHH, you're supposed to just overpay in certain parts of WI. Neo might be in that part.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I was wondering about those posts. This is the way I got it, really don't know what is suppose to be. Chest has been painted by me. original one looked like shit. Single slot coin door could be reimport, could be canadian. Unsure. never said it was HUO so it would be irrelevant. I'll check closer at the genie scoop. Might be a little dirty, but shouldn't be worn. Hasn't been shopping in awhile. I'll check out the hairline cracks issues and change my inital description. Kinda threw it up for trade at the spur of the moment off of memory.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

never said it was HUO so it would be irrelevant. I'll check closer at the genie scoop. Might be a little dirty, but shouldn't be worn. .

No you said it was all around excellent condition with no cracked plastics and a wear free playfield. Its not a bad machine, but its not as described. It also looks really questionable when there are very obvious things out of place on the machine and you are expecting a premium.

#29 8 years ago

PM is a great game. I've had two.

I prefer TOM though. Only one magic theme game could stay. Several reasons but mostly because of the B/W boards and TOM is visually a much better game to look at.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

TOM is visually a much better game to look at.

And that's why we have pinball machines.... To look at them.....

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

No you said it was all around excellent condition with no cracked plastics and a wear free playfield. Its not a bad machine, but its not as described. It also looks really questionable when there are very obvious things out of place on the machine and you are expecting a premium.

never said it was restored, never said it was HUO. Never gave a price on it. Just up for trade. I guess there is a very slight hint of wear edge on the genie hole. Still don't see any broken plastics. Does have a hairline crack on the edge of the hat. Hence why I try to give good pictures so it can be viewed by anyone interested. Try to point out the things I see. Can't see everything. That's why all my customers get pictures of their playfields before I finish them off and box them up. They may see something I may have missed. I'll change the description.

#32 8 years ago

I have a couple spare NOS top hats for Pinball Magic. PM me if you're in need of one.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Never gave a price on it. Just up for trade.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I prefer to go the trade route more than cash. $3900 shipped....not a chance. I don't even know if I would take 3900 cash here at the house. I'd be on the fence about that. I've had PM before. Nice examples. this is nicer than the others I have had. Only flaw it really has is the left glass slide channel has a dent in it. the rest is damn nice.

Honestly tired of the bs you are putting out on this so just going to drain this thread. Anyone looking to buy this, look it over carefully and compare it to an example that wasn't bodged back together.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

If he did that it would be a good deal for you. Figure 350 for shipping. I wouldn't do that with mine.

Quoted from dung:

Honestly tired of the bs you are putting out on this so just going to drain this thread. Anyone looking to buy this, look it over carefully and compare it to an example that wasn't bodged back together.

I'm confused about what exactly you're trying to say. Sounds like you probably won't read this, but if you own the machine, you're probably not a prospective buyer. If Neo gets a good price for it, then it increases the value of your machine, regardless of what condition its in. I'm impressed you could spot all those details, and I'm sure the people looking at this appreciate the fair disclosure, but it's not clear from what's been said in this thread why you're upset.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I'm confused about what exactly you're trying to say. Sounds like you probably won't read this, but if you own the machine, you're probably not a prospective buyer. If Neo gets a good price for it, then it increases the value of your machine, regardless of what condition its in. I'm impressed you could spot all those details, and I'm sure the people looking at this appreciate the fair disclosure, but it's not clear from what's been said in this thread why you're upset.

Thats not really how pricing works. Some people in the hobby can command better prices for thier pins than others. Just because neo might be able to get a MET pro value out of this pin, doesn't mean it will make all other PM's like this raise that much cash value.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thats not really how pricing works.

Really? I thought that's pretty much how pinflation works. A well-respected pinsider puts a machine up for above market, somebody pays it, and the next time somebody else has one for sale, the previous sale becomes the point of reference. Particularly with games that don't come up for sale very often. I've seen this happen with dozens of games.

#37 8 years ago

Really? I thought that's pretty much how pinflation works. A well-respected pinsider puts a machine up for above market, somebody pays it, and the next time somebody else has one for sale, the previous sale becomes the point of reference. Particularly with games that don't come up for sale very often. I've seen this happen with dozens of games.

Well NEO got $4800 for his!

You're not Neo are you, here is your $3800.

#38 8 years ago

The first thing I noticed was the shooter lane photo. The photo was taken on an angle so I can't see how much wear there is where the ball comes out. This is what I look for on all machines to help determine how much play a machine has had. Not saying you're trying to hide anything but please post a good photo of the shooter lane or none at all.

#39 8 years ago

For the top hats:

Looks like they are available from BA for $16.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-PM48HAT

#40 8 years ago

You might find the top hat , but you wont find the chest.

#41 8 years ago

I'm impressed you could spot all those details,

It's not hard when you own the game; The star posts I noticed right away.

#42 8 years ago

Wish you were closer to California!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

The first thing I noticed was the shooter lane photo. The photo was taken on an angle so I can't see how much wear there is where the ball comes out. This is what I look for on all machines to help determine how much play a machine has had. Not saying you're trying to hide anything but please post a good photo of the shooter lane or none at all.

actually I don't even have a shooter lane photo, that photo is of the dent in the side rail.

This isn't restored or HUO, what is the point of a shooter lane pic? Has a little dirt starting. looks like a shooter lane of a game that actually gets played.

#44 8 years ago

Unless it just isn't labeled correctly it's in need of an update.
Funny I was staring at a picture trying to figure out why your boards were so diff'rent than mine. Realized I was looking at the sideways pic

#45 8 years ago

I have spare chests too. Lots of PM spares.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not hard when you own the game; The star posts I noticed right away.

I didn't notice and I have it. But I didn't compare it to others either. When you get the game like that, you don't really know unless you compare it to another. Just had that happen with my zankor. Was looking at another online, and just noticed that the upper slings are not slings, but kicker pads. I take plenty of pictures and never purposely leave out details. If I know it, i'll tell you. Been like that with every game i've owned or put up for sale. Ask anyone that bought a game from me.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I didn't notice and I have it. But I didn't compare it to others either.

Well the 2 owners of the game in this thread noticed it immediately, that is my only point.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the 2 owners of the game in this thread noticed it immediately, that is my only point.

yes, as I would expect. And playing it, it seemed that the star post by the hat seemed out of place, because it kicks the ball out from a loop shot. But I never compared it to another, and it's been awhile since I owned one before so I didn't really remember.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because it kicks the ball out from a loop shot.

Yep I would think the other one would block the sword trick area a little.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep I would think the other one would block the sword trick area a little.

the sword shot is pretty tight. Feels like the mode start in shadow. So what the hell posts are suppose to be there? I have piles of posts on hand all the time, i'll just put whatever is suppose to be there on.

By the pop I may have changed some of the screws to threaded top posts (that might not have been like that, was a year ago when I got this game so don't remember). Every game I have, it pisses me off, when they have rubber stretched around posts, and then try to put a phillips screw through to hold down the post, with a plastic on top. I always convert those, to the screw top, so you can screw the post in, put the rubber down and put the plastic on top of it. Much easier to work on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.