DSCF1136 (resized).JPG
DSCF1135 (resized).JPG
DSCF1134 (resized).JPG
DSCF1133 (resized).JPG
DSCF1132 (resized).JPG
DSCF1131 (resized).JPG
DSCF1128 (resized).JPG
DSCF1130 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Pinball Magic

Added: 2017-09-15 02:04:24 UTC • Ended: September 17th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 8,750 (Firm)

Price is firm

For Sale - Pinball Magic (Capcom, 1996)

This was the machine that was in the free play area at the last Allentown Show. I have not cleaned it since the show. It ran reasonably well, but is having some issues with the trunk optos I have not gotten into yet. It gets confused when you lock a ball in the trunk lock.

The Good:
1) Machine plays well despite the opto issues.
2) Flippers and coils are strong.
3) Floating ball works as it should.
4) Display is good with some slight burn in. All dots work.
5) Most plastics were replaced when shopped out (a month before the Allentown show).

The Bad:
1) Mylar removal on the playfield pulled some insert art (see pics).
2) Cabinet is solid, but the rear part of the body was repaired. Not noticeable, but wanted to note it.
3) Opto issue mentioned before
4) Main ramp is damaged in the area of the floating ball (not visible when game is assembled, but again, worth noting
5) Cabinet has some scuffs and dings
6) Translite lift channel is broken, but taped to the translite

A picture timeline of the shop out is available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/ ########## [phone number removed]4649479

Photos of the machine taken today are in this ad.

Included with the sale is an uninstalled NOS clear coated playfield. (See pics)

I also have many spare parts for the game including a NOS drop target assembly, several NOS plastics, a NOS metal ramp and some blank drop targets (pics available on request).

Feel free to ask any questions. Located in Quakertown, PA (18951). I am not equipped to ship a machine, so I prefer local pickup.

Asking $8750 with everything.

Item photos

DSCF1120 (resized).JPG
DSCF1109 (resized).JPG
DSCF1110 (resized).JPG
DSCF1112 (resized).JPG
DSCF1114 (resized).JPG
DSCF1111 (resized).JPG
DSCF1113 (resized).JPG
DSCF1116 (resized).JPG
DSCF1115 (resized).JPG
DSCF1117 (resized).JPG
DSCF1118 (resized).JPG
DSCF1119 (resized).JPG
DSCF1121 (resized).JPG
DSCF1122 (resized).JPG
DSCF1123 (resized).JPG
DSCF1125 (resized).JPG
DSCF1124 (resized).JPG
DSCF1126 (resized).JPG
DSCF1127 (resized).JPG
DSCF1129 (resized).JPG
DSCF1130 (resized).JPG
DSCF1128 (resized).JPG
DSCF1131 (resized).JPG
DSCF1132 (resized).JPG
DSCF1133 (resized).JPG
DSCF1134 (resized).JPG
DSCF1135 (resized).JPG
DSCF1136 (resized).JPG
DSCF1137 (resized).JPG
DSCF1138 (resized).JPG
DSCF1139 (resized).JPG
DSCF1140 (resized).JPG
DSCF1141 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SilverUnicorn's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SilverUnicorn's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Quakertown, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from EagleTG:

PM Sent!!! I've been waiting so long to get one of these. Sold mine a while back, have regretted that ever since. Can't let this opportunity slip by, you are so local!

PM replied to.

Quoted from Capinball:

You may have accidentally hit 8 instead of 5 when you listed your game.

No, I did not.

Quoted from Rhlufa:

Seriously...8K?

Gotta start somewhere.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

How many Pinball Magics are included in this bulk sale?

Just the one and all the added parts.

Quoted from Leeb18509:

Cocaine. It's a hell of a drug.

So I have heard, but I have never done any drugs of any kind. Well, some perscriptions after cancer surgeries, but that's it!

Quoted from Glarrownage:

So I guess we can all consider it sold then.... Try not to make it so obvious next time.

Not really sure you meant by this, but it's not sold at this time.

Quoted from musketd:

Sure the lister made a mistake listing it

No, but I appreciate you checking!

Quoted from kklank:

The old shock method. Great way to create traffic. Glwts.

Not intended, but traffic is good. Even bad press is still press

Quoted from guss:

Wonder what my Brian Hansen HUO is worth.

No idea. Whatever someone is willing to pay?

Quoted from jake35:

Not worth anywhere near 8k.

"Well that's like, your opinion man". Did I expect this, sure thing. Hey, I can take it. I know what I need from it. If it doesn't sell, I will pursue other avenues. I have lots of spare parts and know what I have in the thing. I don't think new Sterns are woth 8K either, but that's not a discussion for this thread

Thanks all for looking! I appreciate the comments. For those who have asked, I woule prefer to not sell the NOS playfield seperately at this time. If that changes I will post it seperately.

Thanks all and have a great Friday!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Must be sold - 'cause Quakertown does not shill

No, it is not sold yet. I have dealt with EagleTG before, he is local to me, and is absolutely not a shill. I am asking what I need to get out of it. I fully understand that the price is high, I totally get the questions about the pricing. I'd expect it actually, and appreciate the feedback. If it doesn't sell, life will go on. I have sold other stuff for below market prices (many to EagleTG) . Just happens I was hoping to get several things taken care of with this sale, but again, other avenues can be taken if it doesn't. Thanks again for all the feedback, concern, and recommendations. Have a great weekend!

Chris

Chris

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wasn't this, pre-show, for sale: $4,200?

No, mine was not for sale at the show. There was another which did sell though.

Chris

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

You really love this machine ,you should just keep it.

I do, and if I can figure some other stuff out I will. Life happens though, and if need be, I will do what I need to do and sell it. Time will tell.

Chris

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Clearly this was a troll for sale thread. And it worked everybody took it hook line and sinker. The OP must know that you don't have to make the for sale thread a topic. He did this on purpose to get this kind of response. Mission accomplished.

Not intentionally. Seriously. Yes, I know you don't need to make a post. While I knew the price was high, I wasn't sure what a market would bear for one with the extras. Clearly I was way off, and I get that. So let me ask honestly, what do you think the NOS clear coated playfield would sell for or did to the price?

Chris

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

There was a beautiful one that sold at Pinfest for 4k or less.

I was told by the seller it sold for a little over that but yes. He was a good guy too. Was a nice looks by game as well.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

That was my pinball magic that sold at allentown. It went for 4000 in excellent working condition. Sold to a nice couple from Rhode Island who planned to put it in their barcade. If silver unicorn wants more for his and can get it, more power to him! God bless!

Ah, ok. I recalled talking to you but I guess I got the information wrong. Sorry about that! Enjoyed talking to you at the show!

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I would conservatively price just the game at 4K. But your description stated Mylar removal and degraded playfield condition. And 1K for the clearcoated playfield. I'm not suggesting you don't shoot the moon on your price. I hope you get a million for it. I just find it odd that you posted it for more than double and then left it open for debate. I would have just posted a boatload of pictures and a description and leave it at that. I try not to get into these threads but I get sucked in. The game is on my wishlist so I get notifications when one comes up for sale.

Thank you for the input. Debate (either good or bad) is always good in my opinion. If everyone thought the same things, how boring would that be? So I definately overshot what I should charge. I get that. I was thinking that the playfield had more value than that, and the spare parts, but again, apparently I was wrong. LOL.

Quoted from forensicd:

The extra playfield is only good if the person buying can do a an entire swap out. Doing several of them myself it is no easy undertaking, so maybe selling them separate would be beneficial.

If the entire package doesn't garner any sale, that could be a possibility. I had several PM's for just the playfield, but wasn't interested in seperating them. If it were easy to swap out, I would have done it already. It certainly is a daunting task, and would require the rigt buyer to be interedsted in doing that. Good point.

Thanks to all again for your input (and making me realize I had a moment of insanity perhaps). Looking at several options now and for the moment this will remain for sale as it is. If anythign changes I will be sure to let the thread know!

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pinball-magic-7?tu=silverunicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.