Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tonyhoff1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 2,200

for trade

For sale or trade Corvette Project

Added: January 18th, 2016 Ended: January 25th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Item description

*updated*Selling or trading. Can add cash. Got this in a trade and realize I dont have the time to devote to it. Has a new cpu and dmd. Sound does not work. If sound board is plugged in it resets machine. dmd is working but goes in and out. Right flipper coil is removed but comes with it and coil stop is missing. Also is missing a couple gates and spinner. Lastly the engine and track do not appear to work properly but I don't know how to test them. Comes with a new ramp and lots of extra plastics.

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Louisville, KY, US

Seller insights

These are Robert4pinball's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Robert4pinball's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Id be interested but too much when a nice one can be had for this price, fully working!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Id be interested but too much when a nice one can be had for this price, fully working!

you are hard pressed to find a nice working corvette for 2200 asking and if so it is gone in second.

I agree that given the unknowns and issues more like 1700 is a good spot for this one, but nice ones are more like 2700+ currently.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are hard pressed to find a nice working corvette for 2200 asking and if so it is gone in second.
I agree that given the unknowns and issues more like 1700 is a good spot for this one, but nice ones are more like 2700+ currently.

Yeah, I would have offered to trade my BR, but 2200 for a game with that many issues/missing parts? There is more than $500 in unknowns in this and the work to fix it.

1700 is still generous.

You are saying it is worth 1k less, but has the following unknowns.

Sound is bad.
DMD Driver is bad.
DMD might be bad. New is great but anyone else blown a brand new display hooking it up to a bad dmd driver? I have more than once.
LT1 is bad.
Unshopped.

It is partly disassembled and missing parts. Also keep in mind 2700 would be for a good one that is more than likely fully led'd. Leds are going to cost 100+.

#5 4 years ago

Yeah, I meant 'asking' 1700 is a good spot.

I personally have more than enough projects and the risks/unkowns involved with a game like this and I would be offering 1000 with the hope that I in it for under $700 in parts plus my knowledge and time to repair.

Few people are willing to go for incomplete games with this many issues. Problem aslo is that people often buy and resell project liek this without ever doing much so many things can get lost along the past of sales in the previous history fo the game.

Fun to bring back to like but the $$$ need to make sense or the title needs to be hard enough to find that people will take the risk.

#6 4 years ago

I wonder if this is the one that was in KY for sale that was completely disassembled and all parts were in a box? I offered $1000 and seller did not accept then. I think this is a $1500 tops (being generous) project. A 100% working one can be had for around this price. To many unknowns at this point.

#7 4 years ago

It's just an asking price. Also yes they can go closer to the 3000 range. Proof is on this site. Dmd did not blow now that Ive obtained fuses. I think the caps need to be replaced on the sound board but I'm not sure. I have a buyer at 2000 I believe. Plus I'm only two hours from corvette Capitol. It has had a recent shop job with leds on the Playfield. Also I have run into people who like working on them more than playing. if you don't want it than I would probably move on. No big deal. You might have more fun haggling on eBay with people wanting thousands for their beat up EMs. Haha

#8 4 years ago

I might be interested, send me a message of what pins you are looking for. Also would you be willing to meet closer to Columbus as I'm in cleveland

#9 4 years ago

If tony buys it it would be funny since the game just came from Cleveland. It was my project before i gave it to dave and it has a brand new lt-1 ramp and brand new plastic set, bottom part was installed before it left im not sure if he installed the top. New backboard decal, new track decal. Playfield has been cleaned an buffed. Its missing a spinner and a gate from the top. The sound was nt an issue up here so its very possible the caps got loose during travel or one is dead, track as well worked. The engine would move but would fail test so i took it apart and thats when my wife got pregnant so i abandoned the project. Its not far off but could use a more experienced tech. 500 in parts is actually more like 20 bucks in chips diodes and caps. Maybe some optos for the engine a coil stop a gate and a spinner. I paid 1800 before new ramp plastic set and display backboard decal track decal and added expensive leds to at least some of it (all gi i think) I'd say its definitely over 2k or at least.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Its not far off but could use a more experienced tech. 500 in parts is actually more like 20 bucks in chips diodes and caps. Maybe some optos for the engine a coil stop a gate and a spinner. I paid 1800 before new ramp plastic set and display backboard decal track decal and added expensive leds to at least some of it (all gi i think) I'd say its definitely over 2k or at least.

We have all had ads where the seller says it is just a fuse. If it was really that easy to fix then the OP would fix it. Paying an experienced tech costs $$. Those skills aren't free and for those who have them, their time isn't free.

#11 4 years ago

Easy fix is a loose term. It might be an easy fix for one but not for all. As far as time I enjoy working on pins. Therefore time is free. Work on the pins or watch tv? I'd rather work. If you are charging for your time then you are losing every time.

#12 4 years ago

I must have missed it being so local, I would have worked a deal on a taxi and F-14. In the last 5 months I have brought back 10 pins from the dead for a friend of mine. I am now looking for 1 or 2 for me.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside