New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 253778)

For sale: On Beam (Pictures now Posted on Listing)

By too-many-pins

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by DCP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

121_8473 (resized).JPG
121_8472 (resized).JPG
121_8471 (resized).JPG
121_8470 (resized).JPG
121_8469 (resized).JPG
121_8468 (resized).JPG
121_8467 (resized).JPG
121_8466 (resized).JPG
121_8465 (resized).JPG
121_8464 (resized).JPG
121_8463 (resized).JPG
121_8462 (resized).JPG
121_8461 (resized).JPG
121_8460 (resized).JPG
121_8459 (resized).JPG
121_8458 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 11 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 390 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: On Beam (Pictures now Posted on Listing)

Added: October 19th, 2019 Ended: October 20th, 2019
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Item description

Cosmetically nice & recently shopped ON BEAM machine that I just picked up yesterday. Sadly it has a broken cam on the reset bank that needs to be replaced for it to work again. The guy I got it from paid a guy to do all the repairs on it and he tried gluing the cam but that didn't hold up very long.

I am selling this "AS-IS" because of that broken cam but otherwise this machine is in exceptional overall condition from what I have seen so far.

It needs to be sold & picked up this weekend or I have to take the listing down because we are headed out of town next week for 6 weeks. If it isn't gone by Monday AM I have to move it to our heated basement before I hit the road South for a few weeks. It is just too nice to leave in our unheated garage until I get home!

I paid the neighbors kid to help me move the machine so now I have pictures posted. Sorry for "price increase" but I am just trying to cover my cost of the machine plus money given to the neighbors kid. I couldn't get great pictures because of shadows from the sun but they should give you a pretty good idea just how nice this machine is!

Item photos

121_8456 (resized).JPG
121_8457 (resized).JPG
121_8458 (resized).JPG
121_8459 (resized).JPG
121_8460 (resized).JPG
121_8461 (resized).JPG
121_8462 (resized).JPG
121_8463 (resized).JPG
121_8464 (resized).JPG
121_8465 (resized).JPG
121_8466 (resized).JPG
121_8467 (resized).JPG
121_8468 (resized).JPG
121_8469 (resized).JPG
121_8470 (resized).JPG
121_8471 (resized).JPG
121_8472 (resized).JPG
121_8473 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

#2 11 months ago

As is typical I have had a couple people ask for pictures but I just don't have time for that right now. If you look at my feedbacks you can see making a trip to come grab this will not be a waste of your time but sadly taking pictures would be a waste of time for me I just don't have right now. If it was in the garage it wouldn't be a big deal but to get pictures I have to unload it from my van and that is extra work I just don't have the time for with trying to get ready to go away.

As I said in the listing not a big deal either way but before I moved it to the basement I figured I would offer it up for sale in case anyone fairly local wanted to come grab a cheap machine this weekend. If it doesn't sell it will be at the York Show next year fixed & with a price tag of about $800 on it because of condition. (Personally I think $800 might be cheap as nice as it is but that is a story for another day).

Listing will be taken down about noon on Sunday so I can get it moved to the basement before we head South for a few weeks. So if you have any serious interest contact me ASAP before I move it from the van to the basement. Once in the basement it is staying until I get it fixed.

#3 11 months ago

Would it have taken just as long to take a couple pics and post them as it did to write that 3-paragraph explanation as to why no pics are posted?

It's obviously your ad and you'll do whatever you want, but did you seriously not see this happening? People *always* want pics. I'm not going to buy a pin sight unseen unless it's a ridiculously good deal. I presume most others won't either. Hell, i could be wrong and this thing will be gone today. Given the nature of the listing though (weird part broken) + no pics, it might be a harder sell than it should be.

That said, i just googled the game and it looks pretty neat! Hopefully someone can find or fabricate a cam for the reset bank and get it running properly again.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

Would it have taken just as long to take a couple pics and post them as it did to write that 3-paragraph explanation as to why no pics are posted?
It's obviously your ad and you'll do whatever you want, but did you seriously not see this happening? People *always* want pics. I'm not going to buy a pin sight unseen unless it's a ridiculously good deal. I presume most others won't either. Hell, i could be wrong and this thing will be gone today. Given the nature of the listing though (weird part broken) + no pics, it might be a harder sell than it should be.
That said, i just googled the game and it looks pretty neat! Hopefully someone can find or fabricate a cam for the reset bank and get it running properly again.

My issue is more health related than time but it is easier to just say time when I post. I am 65 years old with bad knees, bad feet, a bad back and a sprained wrist (thankfully just a short term issue with the wrist) so moving a machine in and out of my van just to take a few pictures is a PITA since I have to do it by myself. Plus I could reply to emails & post here at night but during the nice part of the day today & tomorrow I need to load my camper & get it ready for my trip.

If people can't look at my feedbacks and realize I am honest with my descriptions I really don't need them as customers anyway. And more importantly I don't need to sell this I just figured I would offer it for sale if anyone local wanted to come grab it before I went away next week. Once I move it to the basement I'll just fix it and take it to the York Show next Fall but it is a machine I don't have room for long term so I thought "why not post it and see if anyone was interested" before I move it to the basement tomorrow.

It is a fairly rare machine in super nice cosmetic condition that seems to be very popular from what I understand. And as far as the "cam" goes they were used on several Bally machines from that era so it is just a matter of sourcing that - not a big deal. If it sells fine - if not I am fine with that also. What I always seem to have an issue with is how some people on Pinside just can't understand how busy this old guy actually is. But that will never change!

#5 11 months ago

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover soon, and good luck with sale.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover soon, and good luck with sale.

I am doing OK but just getting old and still pretty well exhausted from doing the York Show last week. I was sick with walking pneumonia right up until just before the show so I am still not back 100%.

Anyway I paid the neighbors kid to unload the machine for me and now I have some pictures posted. Hopefully someone will want it before I have to pay to get help getting it to my basement tomorrow.

-Skip-

#7 11 months ago

Condition looks excellent and a great deal bump. GLWTS

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am doing OK but just getting old and still pretty well exhausted from doing the York Show last week. I was sick with walking pneumonia right up until just before the show so I am still not back 100%.
Anyway I paid the neighbors kid to unload the machine for me and now I have some pictures posted. Hopefully someone will want it before I have to pay to get help getting it to my basement tomorrow.
-Skip-

Skip, I sent you a PM...we will buy On Beam! Thanks, Denny and Cindi

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside