PA090126 (resized).JPG
PA090125 (resized).JPG
PA090124 (resized).JPG
PA090123 (resized).JPG
PA090122 (resized).JPG
PA090120 (resized).JPG
PA090119 (resized).JPG
PA090118 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#4 4 years ago

LOL, some of those "new rubbers" look awfully old. Title of the ad should read "What's the most someone would ever pay for an average Old Chicago restoration?" Oh, and you forgot the OBO. No one is ever paying 3K for this.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Yet again the price police who never buy anything contribute nothing except for more negtivity on Pinside. The math is simple, a nice cabinet restoration can easily run $1000, A nice playfield restoration with clearcoat can cost $1500. Flipper rebuilds with coils and all the small parts needed to do a playfield restoration can easily cost $500 and that doesn't count the labor to put it all together. Assuming it's a quality job $4200 for a high level restoration is a bargain.

Where did you get this notion that calling out someone's mediocre restoration for crazy money equates to "that guy never buys anything"? A forum is a public discussion. If people don't want other's opinions, don't start a "topic". I have bought and sold quite a few games on Pinside. I know what it costs to restore a game. I know how many hours it takes.

Contrary to what people may think, no one single Pinside opinion is EVER going to sway anyone from doing anything on this site. If it did, people wouldn't be falling over each other, sending money to the obvious scammers. I have SEEN FIRST HAND someone wire money to a known scammer because they didn't want to miss out on a "good deal". I am not bringing that up to confuse this item, I am bringing it up to make my point that no one individual opinion on this site is going to sway a sale one way or another.

Quoted from Blake:

But if you think this is an average restoration for a game of this age, I would recommend looking at more FS threads. This pin looks very nice. Cracking rubbers and all.
Thanks
Blake

You are insinuating that I'm a noob and I do not appreciate it. The quality of this "restoration" is below what no less than 3 of my very good friends here in my own very city could accomplish. What would you expect if you buy a 4200 machine? Would you want it to work properly? Would you want cracked rubbers and the wrong cabinet colors? You are the one confusion this with a high level restoration. High level restorations do not have these issues.

If I feel an ad misrepresents something, I am going to state my opinion. You are not going to change this. It is allowed and in most cases welcomed on this site.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-old-chicago-16?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.