New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 162352)

For sale: No Good Gofers (Williams, 1997)

By Zbar

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 7,500

for trade

For sale: No Good Gofers (Williams, 1997)

Added: June 17th, 2016
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Item description

Hello wonderful game people! I have a NIB 1997 Williams No Good Gofers... Feeling out options if I decide not to operate this bad-boy! The box was a little water damaged, so along with my trusted tech / great friend, we carefully just opened the top of box to inspect cabinet! The game itself didn't touch any of the wet cardboard! It's perfect. We didn't pull it all the way out, we just shifted it and shined a flashlight down the sides to assure its condition... I also left it in the box, so if there is a serious collector out there who wants it, they can have the experience of unpacking it all the way. These photos were just taken 6.13.16.

For now, I have it in air conditioned storage under a tarp & blanket!

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Louisville, KY, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Seller insights

These are Zbar's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Zbar's stats page

#2 4 years ago

$10? SOLD!

#3 4 years ago

Antz is good people. Buy with confidence.

#4 4 years ago

Whoa now. I'd offer 8 and see what he says.

#5 4 years ago

Man this is minty! Hope it goes to a collector not a route where it will get beat up! Sell it and buy a nice used one for half the price to route!

#6 4 years ago

Wow, I would do this over most of the new stuff coming out....Would you be willing to fully unbox, inspect/photo, then repack?

Damn moisture damage is like a cancer, can pop up anywhere unexpectedly.

#7 4 years ago

I'm with you Random!

#8 4 years ago

Would you take 9 dollars?

#9 4 years ago

don't listen to these guys. I'd even give you 15$!

It's cool to still see these floating around, there can't be too many left.

#10 4 years ago

Go put this thing back where you found it until I get some cash together.

#11 4 years ago

Hopefully the batteries didn't leak. Good luck on the sale, would be fun to unbox a new NGG.

#12 4 years ago

I also have a NIB NGG, I just seen one on eBay, and now this this one. I wonder how many other NIB NGGs there is????

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from windsoreight:

Hopefully the batteries didn't leak. Good luck on the sale, would be fun to unbox a new NGG.

I always get a kick out of this response to older NIB titles. You're going to spend thousands to get it, what's another few hundred for some boards if they do happened to be damaged.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I always get a kick out of this response to older NIB titles. You're going to spend thousands to get it, what's another few hundred for some boards if they do happened to be damaged.

Probably because you could spend much less on a restored machine. After spending top dollar on a NIB old pin, why would you want to spend money repairing it. Plus the fact the box got wet, what kind of corrosion is poking around inside. Just like the NIB Popeye that got sold in Florida that had corrosion on all the weldments and needed a total rebuild.

I'm not saying this is the case with this one. But it is a concern

#15 4 years ago

Wow, freaking beautiful, that's awesome that the water didn't get to the machine.

Whoever gets this, you need to make an unboxing video, or at least start a thread. These pictures are too much of a tease

#16 4 years ago

Nobody thinks this is a little fishy? Trade, $10, the address locator does not recognize the address. Interesting.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from windsoreight:

Probably because you could spend much less on a restored machine. After spending top dollar on a NIB old pin, why would you want to spend money repairing it. Plus the fact the box got wet, what kind of corrosion is poking around inside. Just like the NIB Popeye that got sold in Florida that had corrosion on all the weldments and needed a total rebuild.
I'm not saying this is the case with this one. But it is a concern

A restored machine is not a NIB. 2 completely different markets. Some prefer HUO. Some prefer restored. But they aren't the same thing.

Many machines can be restored. But very few can be be NIB or HUO. At least when talking about 20 year old titles

#18 4 years ago

You never heard of a talking horse???Well listen to this" I am Mister ED"

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

A restored machine is not a NIB. 2 completely different markets. Some prefer HUO. Some prefer restored. But they aren't the same thing.
Many machines can be restored. But very few can be be NIB or HUO. At least when talking about 20 year old titles

Exactly, just like a lot of collectibles, most prefer an excellent original over restored.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Nobody thinks this is a little fishy? Trade, $10, the address locator does not recognize the address. Interesting.

Its not the asking price......

You have to put a price in when you put the ad up. He's asking for offers basically.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Antz is legit and one of the best collectors around here. So trade with confidence.

#22 4 years ago

So how much is it? Put a price on it ffs.

#23 4 years ago

Love NGG and its my eight year old daughters favorite game. Wish I had more pinball money!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its not the asking price......
You have to put a price in when you put the ad up. He's asking for offers basically.

So he's trying to circumvent having to pay anything to Pinside for listing and selling his machine.

#25 4 years ago

Yep, family loves this one.

#26 4 years ago

Just saw it listed on mr pinball. Price listed is $9,995 and location says milwawkee

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Just saw it listed on mr pinball. Price listed is $9,995 and location says milwawkee

And if someone pays that and finds corrosion under the playfield start microwaving the popcorn. Given the condition of the box, I'd verify condition of the pin before paying top dollar. Everyone will be happier in the end.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

And if someone pays that and finds corrosion under the playfield start microwaving the popcorn. Given the condition of the box, I'd verify condition of the pin before paying top dollar. Everyone will be happier in the end.

Agreed, open it up for full inspection and document all of it, video, photos, etc that way no buyer disappointment

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

So he's trying to circumvent having to pay anything to Pinside for listing and selling his machine.

You'd make a good addition to the scooby doo team! always looking for problems that arn't there to solve

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

And if someone pays that and finds corrosion under the playfield start microwaving the popcorn. Given the condition of the box, I'd verify condition of the pin before paying top dollar.

I would bet that the metal under the playfield definitely has some corrosion.

#31 4 years ago

With the condition of the box, I agree, open it up for full inspection then just put a price on it!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I would bet that the metal under the playfield definitely has some corrosion.

I hope it doesn't, but after seeing those Popeye picks, better safe than sorry. On a positive note, that Popeye had corrosion where this pin appears to be clean. Maybe it is pristine?

#33 4 years ago

Even if its beautiful @9995.00 thats a lot of mooney.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I'll bet you are a blast at parties.

#35 4 years ago

I'm not sure what someone would do with such a thing. If you open the box the value would drop a few thousand dollars. Leave it in the box and what's the point of owning it except maybe as an investment.
I bought a low mileage exotic car a few years back and was torn between driving it or keeping it garaged. I've have gotten more pleasure owning the same car with some miles on it for less money and just enjoying driving it.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not sure what someone would do with such a thing. If you open the box the value would drop a few thousand dollars. Leave it in the box and what's the point of owning it except maybe as an investment.
I bought a low mileage exotic car a few years back and was torn between driving it or keeping it garaged. I've have gotten more pleasure owning the same car with some miles on it for less money and just enjoying driving it.

I would value this the same as an extremely nice HUO

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't really agree. The box doesn't create the value. The game can be slid out of the box and examined and never played and still be a brand new game that was verified to be in new condition rather than a brand new game in a soaked box in unknown condition.

#39 4 years ago

Agreed... A new car is just as valuable after they take all the plastic transport wrap off. Even same value after a few miles on the odometer when they move the car around. Not sure why this "nib" thing carries so much import to some people

#41 4 years ago

A nice box definitely adds value to collectible toys and action figures (Star Wars, Barbie, etc), but you can "display" NIB toys (and even get them "graded" like baseball cards and enclose them in protective plastic)!

There is even a market for really nice toy boxes and blister cards that have been opened with surgical precision (so that people can rehouse loose figures and toys or just display the empty box).

Toy boxes have great art... Pin boxes look like refrigerators! The value is on the "unplayed" and (presumably) "pristine" condition. I don't think taking a pin out of the box and checking it out is going to affect the value. And I don't see any ads for "boxes" on the marketplace!

#42 4 years ago

Hey Dooskie. Chill out. You don't know me. I don't talk about $ in public, it's not my style. I deal with $ stuff in the background on PMs. Nothing fishy about this ad! I have been a member for a long time, and everyone knows my location! I did the smallest $ amount to get a feel on offers. If you think I am that cheap, that i would try and hide from a $15 sale fee, you're an idiot. Thanks and good night!

Everyone else, thanks for being cool, and I will update you soon on the status of the sale... There are several crazy offers out there...

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Zbar:

Hey Dooskie. Chill out. You don't know me. I don't talk about $ in public, it's not my style. I deal with $ stuff in the background on PMs. Nothing fishy about this ad! I have been a member for a long time, and everyone knows my location! I did the smallest $ amount to get a feel on offers. If you think I am that cheap, that i would try and hide from a $15 sale fee, you're an idiot. Thanks and good night!
Everyone else, thanks for being cool, and I will update you soon on the status of the sale... There are several crazy offers out there...

Apparently not everybody agrees with you.

#44 4 years ago

Putting a price on a pin madatory on pinside, yet you circumvented it by putting it up for $10. Well, I offer you $10. Close the thread.

#45 4 years ago

The water damage speculation appears to be holding this back...

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Zbar:

you do know that on pinside you have to list an asking price if you are looking for cash. you cant just take offers like everyone states you are trying to do. If you are looking for a trade you have to put what you are looking for in trade.

it is pinside rules and if you have been around for as long as you say then you all ready know this and are trying to get around it.

Also if you have been around pinside so long you know that personal attacks are not allowed either, so you have broke two rules in this one thread.

you are running a private auction with a reserve in your head which is not allowed on pinside. Thats code for i dont talk $ in public on on PM's. So others dont know what the current offer is so i can tell them i have an offer of x amount more, when in reality i dont.

#47 4 years ago

I'm interested, but I have not contacted the O.p. yet. What do you guys honestly think the value is?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I'm interested, but I have not contacted the O.p. yet. What do you guys honestly think the value is?

Here's a similar condition one from earlier this month. It was listed for $6500.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/35215

#49 4 years ago

Seems like out of box pics are mandatory with a water damaged box...be a total loss if you drop 6k and half the game is corroded....not trying to crap on the sale thread, but since it's actually a $10 for trade thread anyway. It would sell in a heartbeat if it was confirmed to be 100% good. I could care less about unboxing the thing...that's a bit goofy anyway if the box is damaged.

#50 4 years ago

Three thoughts: If anyone has a problem with me sharing this with the world, and feel like I am breaking rules on pinside, report me or something. Secondly, defending myself is not a personal attack. Last thought - If you don't like this thread, or it really is tearing your insides up, go read a different thread, there are tons of them!

Some of you hard-ass people really take something away from this hobby, its pretty sad...

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside