DSC05801_(resized).JPG
DSC05802_(resized).JPG
DSC05803_(resized).JPG
DSC05804_(resized).JPG
DSC05805_(resized).JPG
DSC05806_(resized).JPG
DSC05808_(resized).JPG
DSC05807_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Nine Ball (Stern, 1980) SOLD

Added: 2016-05-24 21:12:17 UTC • Ended: June 29th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 2,100

Good overall condition Nine Ball,
game works and plays great, new rectifier board, Alltek mpu, plastics, drop targets and springs (not installed) rebuilt flippers,
New repro backglass. Cabinet has many bumps, scuffs, chips and bruises. Playfield is in better shape than many I have seen, some wear but minimal overall. player 1 and 2 displays are good, as is the credit display, but it's missing the 3 and 4 player displays.

Sti shipping okay
pictures soon
thanks, James- Gardner, MA 01440

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are shacklersrevenge's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to shacklersrevenge's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gardner, MA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
$ 959.00

#2 7 years ago

interested in any trades???

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

interested in any trades???

depends,
mainly looking for a cash sale, but pm what you have.

thanks, James

1 week later
#5 7 years ago

Any pics?

#7 7 years ago

.........is this title really fetching 2k these days!?!?!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Not sure about 2k but I know this is worth 1500+
A lot of people on the hunt for it, and seldom seen.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

I sold one 2.5 years ago 100%, really good shape overall but not perfect backglass for $800. I'd buy it back for $1k tops.

#10 7 years ago

I've looked for over a year. Not easy to find in decent condition.

#11 7 years ago

Just trying to get a feel for the market, was hoping to find one playable without needing any repairs for under 1k. Maybe I can't........this title or Meteor I'm looking out for............I guess there were more Meteors produced??

#12 7 years ago

I might be interested based on the extent of the PF wear.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I might be interested based on the extent of the PF wear.

It's pretty decent overall, better than other 9 balls I've seen.
I'll post pictures in 10 minutes.

#14 7 years ago

DSC05807_(resized).JPGDSC05807_(resized).JPGDSC05808_(resized).JPGDSC05808_(resized).JPGDSC05806_(resized).JPGDSC05806_(resized).JPGDSC05805_(resized).JPGDSC05805_(resized).JPGDSC05805_(resized).JPGDSC05805_(resized).JPGDSC05804_(resized).JPGDSC05804_(resized).JPGDSC05803_(resized).JPGDSC05803_(resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago

DSC05799_(resized).JPGDSC05799_(resized).JPGDSC05800_(resized).JPGDSC05800_(resized).JPGDSC05801_(resized).JPGDSC05801_(resized).JPGDSC05802_(resized).JPGDSC05802_(resized).JPG

#16 7 years ago

It's a cool game for sure, wish someone could fix the various software glitches. Collecting the 173K rocks and getting the spinner lit is always a pleasure.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

It's a cool game for sure, wish someone could fix the various software glitches. Collecting the 173K rocks and getting the spinner lit is always a pleasure.

I haven't noticed any gameplay issues, the cpu in it is Alltek though, so maybe it's better and probably updated to their last code effort. The switches should be upgraded, they're not the best but do the job.

#19 7 years ago

I would make an offer on this if it were closer to me. It's a fun game.

#20 7 years ago

Nice looking example. The thing you want to inquire about whenever looking at classic Sterns is insert cupping, as they all have it to some degree.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Nice looking example. The thing you want to inquire about whenever looking at classic Sterns is insert cupping, as they all have it to some degree.

thanks,
I would categorize this one as mild, and I haven't noticed any screw balls while playing.

#22 7 years ago

If this was within driving distance, I would send an offer. Shipping is going to take too much of a bite out of this one.

GLWTS

#23 7 years ago

I would love to try and buy this if it was closer!

#24 7 years ago

Free Bump
Same reason here, shipping to Buffalo makes any offer a low ball offer.

#25 7 years ago

Shipping will run between $350-450 depending, I can pallet wrap this one if you have a cheaper option. Don't be shy with the offers!

#26 7 years ago

This game looks better in person than the pictures show. I'd have considered buying it if I hadn't just picked up The Shadow. GLWS

#27 7 years ago

bump! some offers but looking for a little better

#28 7 years ago

cool, a pinside auction!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

cool, a pinside auction!

When the price is right there as it has been listed the whole time, and I'm offered a $1000, yeah, I'll try to do better.

So, cool...get out.

#30 7 years ago

When you start out that high, your asking is irrelevant. Good luck with the sale.

#31 7 years ago

cool, a pinside auction!

When you start out that high, your asking is irrelevant. Good luck with the sale.

Trolling in a for sale thread with no intention to buy is irrelevant. When you drive by a car dealership, do you roll down your window and yell your thoughts too?

#32 7 years ago

Must have a lot of time fielding all those offers. Sorry you feel it's trolling, but you're the one turning it into an auction. Sorry you are upset you can't find a buyer at 2100. Again good luck with your sale/auction! I would buy it if it were priced realistically, not gonna submit an offer as you are already offended...

#33 7 years ago

Must have a lot of time fielding all those offers. Sorry you feel it's trolling, but you're the one turning it into an auction. Sorry you are upset you can't find a buyer at 2100. Again good luck with your sale/auction! I would buy it if it were priced realistically, not gonna submit an offer as you are already offended...

Did I say I was upset about not finding a buyer? Nah.

I've had my fair share of games, and know the ones that are not easily found. If we're handing out ''sorries'' , sorry you haven't found one too easily to scoop up for cheap, but realistically you seem to be living in a time fantasy....

Good luck in your search.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

but realistically you seem to be living in a time fantasy.

Heyoooooo!!!!!! Well played sir.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:Did I say I was upset about not finding a buyer? Nah.
I've had my fair share of games, and know the ones that are not easily found. If we're handing out ''sorries'' , sorry you haven't found one too easily to scoop up for cheap, but realistically you seem to be living in a time fantasy....
Good luck in your search.

Zing of the year! Glws. Mine will be for sale at pintastic at more than he's asking. I believe the price is reasonable.

#36 7 years ago

C'mon, peace and love and all of that. Give it a break....

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Zing of the year! Glws. Mine will be for sale at pintastic at more than he's asking. I believe the price is reasonable.

Sweet Brian can't wait to get an opportunity to enjoy some 9ball! GLWTS to both of you!

#40 7 years ago

Only 2,279 were made, compared to over 8,000 for Meteor. So I'd say that's rare. Even more rare to find one in such nice shape. $2000 is not out of line IMO.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Only 2,279 were made, compared to over 8,000 for Meteor. So I'd say that's rare. Even more rare to find one in such nice shape. $2000 is not out of line IMO.

Yup. Mine just went off legs after 13 years. LOVE IT!!!....Well worth the $60.00 I paid . But even 2k would of been fine...Because of the play mine has gotten. Now I have a NOS field and glass in my game and playing like "wild fire"....

#42 7 years ago

Nine Ball rocks. This is a better game than most available for $2000. Keep on truckin Shackler!

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Nine Ball rocks. This is a better game than most available for $2000. Keep on truckin Shackler!

thanks guys,
It's one of those deals where if it stays put, no biggie because it's a cool game! but I think someone would REALLY enjoy this, I'm just after some different stuff right now.

#44 7 years ago

Man, this game plays pretty good. A few more bumps before I retire it. Not cozy with $2100? Send me a good offer, we might make something happen (I'm flexible)

The game is truly great, I'm only trying to move it for a newer game.

thanks, James

#46 7 years ago

Free "fellow owner w/nice playfield" bump!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Anyone interested at $1700?

If you were in any state connected to Nebraska, I would drive to buy it at that price....

GLWS....I just wish it was closer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 959.00
$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nine-ball-stern-1980-1984 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.