(Topic ID: 160944)

For sale: NIB Star Trek The Next Generation (Williams, 1993)

By pinballisfun

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SANY1256_(resized).JPG
SANY1257_(resized).JPG
SANY1255_(resized).JPG
SANY1254_(resized).JPG
SANY1253_(resized).JPG
SANY1252_(resized).JPG
SANY1251_(resized).JPG
SANY1250_(resized).JPG
SANY1248_(resized).JPG
SANY1249_(resized).JPG
SANY1247_(resized).JPG
SANY1246_(resized).JPG
SANY1243_(resized).JPG
SANY1245_(resized).JPG
SANY1240_(resized).JPG
SANY1239_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: NIB Star Trek The Next Generation (Williams, 1993)

Added: 2016-05-29 16:48:57 UTC • Ended: June 3rd, 2016
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Price

$ 7,999 (Firm)

Price is firm

Can ship, but I STRONGLY prefer you come and check out the game in person. Brand new in open box, never played and never set up. With paid receipt. Cash and carry, or escrow.com if I have to ship. Buyer pays shipping + escrow fee. Located near DFW Int'l Airport. NO TRADES. Thanks

Item photos

Picture_033_(resized).jpg
SANY1238_(resized).JPG
SANY1239_(resized).JPG
SANY1240_(resized).JPG
SANY1245_(resized).JPG
SANY1243_(resized).JPG
SANY1246_(resized).JPG
SANY1247_(resized).JPG
SANY1249_(resized).JPG
SANY1248_(resized).JPG
SANY1250_(resized).JPG
SANY1251_(resized).JPG
SANY1252_(resized).JPG
SANY1253_(resized).JPG
SANY1254_(resized).JPG
SANY1255_(resized).JPG
SANY1257_(resized).JPG
SANY1256_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinballisfun's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to pinballisfun's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Euless, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95

#2 7 years ago

WOW... A Collector's Dream...

#3 7 years ago

Holy shit!

Kind of a bargain really. If I were the "I like to spend $8000 on a hobbit or stern LE" type I'd delay one of this purchases and buy it in a minute.

#4 7 years ago

Technically it is "New Out Of Box"... So NOB or NOOB would be the acronym.

#5 7 years ago

Nice game. Very tempting.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Technically it is "New Out Of Box"... So NOB or NOOB would be the acronym.

Just saying, it isn't NIB if it is no longer in the box...

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Just saying, it isn't NIB it is no longer in the box...

i like to list mine as .... blabla-pin (was NIB)

#8 7 years ago

Also, I think they shipped STTNG with batteries installed. Brent Spiner's NIB had acid damage since he never opened it. Or at least that is what I think. Regardless, I would love to see a NIB ST:TNG. To be able to pull the protective plastic off the DMD and rails would be fun.

#9 7 years ago

Wow, I want this soooo bad. I'm a little scared about the acid damage comment above. Since it is already opened and out of the box it might be best to post some close up pictures of all the boards, especially the one that could possibly have acid damage. Also could the OP verify the pin boots up and plays ok.

#10 7 years ago

I got acid damage on my STTNG CPU board and I tried replacing it with a Rottendog board but the sounds were borked. Ended up putting in an original board from another WPC game (CFTBL) and the Rottendod board worked fine in that one. Anyway, point being, you want an original board in this game. But you know worst case there's plenty of people that can fix it even if it does have damage so it's not a deal breaker.

#11 7 years ago

Damn that's awsome!

#12 7 years ago

Also please don't put up a NIB TZ for sale as neither my wallet or my heart could take it.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Also please don't put up a NIB TZ for sale as neither my wallet or my heart cwould take it.

He also put up a new lotr. My heart skipped a beat.

#14 7 years ago

pics of batteries would move these

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I got acid damage on my STTNG CPU board and I tried replacing it with a Rottendog board but the sounds were borked. Ended up putting in an original board from another WPC game (CFTBL) and the Rottendod board worked fine in that one. Anyway, point being, you want an original board in this game. But you know worst case there's plenty of people that can fix it even if it does have damage so it's not a deal breaker.

I have had a Rottendog in my ST:TNG for three years with no issues.

#16 7 years ago

I always scratch my head at people voicing concern about acid damage on a Williams/Bally game from this era.
If you're going to drop this kind of coin, what the hell is a $200-300 cpu if you had to replace it? Unless you're into ''matching numbers'' ...this isn't some 67' Yenko Camaro.

Great price op, glwts!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I always scratch my head at people voicing concern about acid damage on a Williams/Bally game from this era.

Me too, since they shipped with dry cells that aren't corrosive in the rare instance they even leak.

(And alkalines don't have any acid in the first place... as is pointed out ad nauseam, to no avail.)

#18 7 years ago

Michael Dorn just sold his NIB STTNG. Is this the same one?

Rob

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Michael Dorn just sold his NIB STTNG. Is this the same one?
Rob

Michael Dorn sold his ST:TNG to his Lawyer years ago. However, I thought he told me he had 2... I forget.
However, Brent's NIB had Acid damage.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Michael Dorn sold his ST:TNG to his Lawyer years ago.

Pics of the NIB game with Michael and the buyer were posted on FB last week. It's on Steve Ritchie's timeline, go have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208471996431517&set=a.2120032254455.114160.1655270214&type=3

Rob

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pics of the NIB game with Michael and the buyer were posted on FB last week. It's on Steve Ritchie's timeline, go have a look.
Rob

I talked to Michael about his machine, it has been awhile but I swear he told me he had (2) and he sold one to his lawyer. This is something I have not thought about in a long time, so I will admit I could be wrong. The extra one I am talking about, was the one he was using as incentive via his Kick Starter.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

I talked to Michael about his machine, it has been awhile but I swear he told me he had (2) and he sold one to his lawyer. This is something I have not thought about in a long time, so I will admit I could be wrong.

The buyer is in CA so it's most likely not the same game as in this thread.

Rob

#23 7 years ago

Anyone know if the one he recently sold was the one that was engraved with his name?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

pics of batteries would move these

WHy would anybody care?

Worst case, the CPU needs to be replaced. That's a $300 investment on an $8,000 NIB/HUO STTNG.

A non issue that everyone always brings up when one of these vintage NIB games comes up, and for the life of me I can't understand why.

#25 7 years ago

If in the unlikely event there was acid damage, would that really be a deal breaker for someone serious about buying a brand new STNG in 2016? Hell no.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Brent's NIB had Acid damage.

Brent's wasn't NIB.

If it was, it A) wouldn't have needed a shop job and 2) it would have had DRY CELLS in it.

Probably red Evereadys, like I found in my DM the original owners had never opened the back of.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Brent's wasn't NIB.
If it was, it A) wouldn't have needed a shop job and 2) it would have had DRY CELLS in it.
Probably red Evereadys, like I found in my DM the original owners had never opened the back of.

Could be true, however... Brent told me it was NIB... As well another pinsider helped work on it, however I never saw the pin myself.

#28 7 years ago

Let's see if it's even real. All this guys activity is from the last 2 days. The 1 review he got was from a new user 2 days ago from TX. Seems fishy to me. We'll see.

#29 7 years ago

The prices do seem too good to be true. I'd think any of those NIBs would sell quick, even Dragon which is a terrible game.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from andybside:

Let's see if it's even real. All this guys activity is from the last 2 days. The 1 review he got was from a new user 2 days ago from TX. Seems fishy to me. We'll see.

Valid point, all of his post's have NIB... However just random pieces of cardboard sitting next to them. As well, he has only posted games for sale and never made a comment. I would say, buyer be like?

#31 7 years ago

Was this same group of games for sale a couple of years ago as a lot on eBay?

#32 7 years ago

Wow, great price

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from andybside:

Regarding the new user that left him a review:

Buyers should still do their due diligence of course (I do not know the seller); but I personally know the guy (tctx02) who left him that review after buying this seller's TSPP. It was tctx02's first pin purchase after being tempted into the craziness of pin collecting by zene10 and myself.

#34 7 years ago

If you're local and interested in one (or more) of the games, come on over. Pics coming for all the rest of the games that don't have a lot of pics right now. And yes, I'll include pics of the battery holders! Thanks.

#35 7 years ago

You guys make me laugh to think he's got all these NIB pins laying around. Just because he has some old boxes behind the games doesn't the game brand new. I hope you guys are aware of that. Also doesn't anybody find it a little odd he has yet to reply or no. But if some of you think these ads are real. I've got an 1989 camera I swear it's brand new and never driven. I can prove it because I still have the sticker in the window lol.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

You guys make me laugh to think he's got all these NIB pins laying around. Just because he has some old boxes behind the games doesn't the game brand new. I hope you guys are aware of that. Also doesn't anybody find it a little odd he has yet to reply or no. But if some of you think these ads are real. I've got an 1989 camera I swear it's brand new and never driven. I can prove it because I still have the sticker in the window lol.

Hi. I'm the seller.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballisfun:

Hi. I'm the seller.

What's the story with all these? Where did you manage to find them?

#38 7 years ago

find it a little odd he has yet to reply

#39 7 years ago

I've got an 1989 camera I swear it's brand new and never driven. I can prove it because I still have the sticker in the window lol.

A camera seems like a difficult thing to drive.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Valid point, all of his post's have NIB... However just random pieces of cardboard sitting next to them. As well, he has only posted games for sale and never made a comment. I would say, buyer be like?

Yes. All listed as NIB. But every one is opened and out of the box...Why?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

The seller probably wanted to look them over to sell them (things like the battery holder). He says they've never been set up, that is pretty easy to confirm or reject if you look at the game in person I am sure.

With the seller pushing for in person inspection, my guess is he has what he says he has. Tons of pinheads in Dallas though, I'm sure someone would go look at them and confirm or reject they are what they claim to be.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Because nobody in their right mind would buy an unopened box for $8000? There is no f'n WAY I would buy an expensive box of anything without verifying the contents are in fact what I'm expecting.

#43 7 years ago

Isn't escrow.Com supposedly safe? I don't understand how it would work if it were a scam.

Price would be an issue for me personally, but I wouldn't be worried about losing funds to a Nigerian prince.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The seller probably wanted to look them over to sell them (things like the battery holder). He says they've never been set up, that is pretty easy to confirm or reject if you look at the game in person I am sure.
With the seller pushing for in person inspection, my guess is he has what he says he has. Tons of pinheads in Dallas though, I'm sure someone would go look at them and confirm or reject they are what they claim to be.

+1 he also suggested using an escrow service ...
One of you Texas guys needs to head over & check these out...
ASAP

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

One of you Texas guys needs to head over & check theses out...
ASAP

They probably already have and just don't want to publically confirm so they can keep all the games in state. Typical Texans.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Because nobody in their right mind would buy an unopened box for $8000? There is no f'n WAY I would buy an expensive box of anything without verifying the contents are in fact what I'm expecting.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. Just askin

#47 7 years ago

R U kidding??? IMHO,con!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

R U kidding??? IMHO,con!

The wagging finger thingee is very convincing. Must be a con.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The wagging finger thingee is very convincing. Must be a con.

Agreed. Should have used this one. Drive it right to the point. But op is in TX so this would have been good too.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Could be true, however... Brent told me it was NIB... As well another pinsider helped work on it, however I never saw the pin myself.

I'm just going by what was stated a year ago. Brent, not being a pinhead per se, probably meant he got it NIB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 63.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-star-trek-the-next-generation-williams-1993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.