You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE351D1B-8EAA-407A-9FCB-3E58A59963BB (resized).png
56044910-B534-4A38-BD3E-114275E09910 (resized).png
6A039B98-DA92-4663-829B-2EEFBDA256C2 (resized).jpeg
E6AED479-C81A-4025-8074-9250DD1682CC (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#17 3 years ago

$9K is a little steep especially with no warranty....I think your better off taking it out of the box, setting it up and inspecting the game so the new buyer has assurances there are no issues. Either way GLWS

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t think I’ll be pricing it at 7k. It’ll sell for what it needs to sell for. Market will dictate what it goes for. It just takes one person who missed the boat years back and wants to open up a brand new one instead of taking in one that’s been with others. Make no mistake, it will lose money when opened, but doesn’t it feel good to be the one to open the box and touch it first? It’s just money, gotta get what you really want. Don’t settle, you’re worth more......and....... BUY BUY BUY!!!!

I get it that market will dictate price, but do u really think theres a buyer for a stock LE at $9800? especially with no warranty and the risk that there's play field issues that could cost a bunch more to address? I guess time will tell...I still think you'd be lucky to get $8-$8500.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Time will tell, eh? Zach's got the space to hold it until a sale. Not like he's desperate for the money or the space. Besides, he's OBO so it's not like he's being inflexible. And here's a secret--NIB LE buyers don't care that the price drops after they open the box. Otherwise they wouldn't be NIB LE buyers!

As a buyer of many I can safely say I care Also as person who unboxed many NIB games I can safely say its a bit over rated

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Agree. Most people don’t care if it’s new or has 1000 plays. But some people like new even if it comes at a premium

Hope u find him or her !

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Pretty sure I read in the Playfield Issues thread that someone was fairly recently was offered an unpopped pf for an issue with their GB. Don't remember the details at all, but vaguely recall that was what was offered by Stern. Unless I've got my wires crossed.

Eh, he should just stick with the standard "set-price, wait a week or two, drop $100, and repeat as necessary" procedure. Works every time...eventually!

Getting a replacement play field for a game is basically useless....all the time and $ is in the actual work to populate the new play field and install.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess one could put forth the argument that the clearcoat has now had plenty of time to cure.

Now thats funny

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree this works when you start at reasonable mark up price.
So are you telling me for all future games I sell markup $2k beyond market archive price and go down by $100 per week.
Interesting approach.

Didn't u know that the NIB experience is worth $2K+ .... about $4000 an hour of excitement

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You may be right I was simply sharing my experience in the past. Granted I did buy it from a stored Stern distributor with receipt of purchase from such so they honored mine. Assumed that Could be the case here as Flipnout IS a Stern distributor also. Interesting sale to the right person. If he had that topper.....This would be sold.

Its not easy getting Stern to do anything under warranty let alone a game thats out of production. The best one could hope for is a new play field, but in my mind its almost worthless as all the work is actually doing the play field swap. Eliminating this concern is a big deal to an educated buyer. That being said the $9800 sale price isn't for an educated buyer.....

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I’m glad it’s gone for Zach. Seems like a great, honest guy. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be under warranty since it’s a NIB sold by a Stern distributor. But since it is not (or at least assumed not to be at this point), buyer is taking a huge risk with this game. Stern quality cratered with is title, from ghosting inserts to splitting cabinets. But who knows? Maybe the buyer has a connection to Stern. Perhaps the buyer contacted Stern and got assurance that he would be supported on any issues. Or maybe he simply purchased the game for much less than the asking price.

All true

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-ghostbusters-le-118?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.