You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE351D1B-8EAA-407A-9FCB-3E58A59963BB (resized).png
56044910-B534-4A38-BD3E-114275E09910 (resized).png
6A039B98-DA92-4663-829B-2EEFBDA256C2 (resized).jpeg
E6AED479-C81A-4025-8074-9250DD1682CC (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: NIB Ghostbusters LE #118

Added: 2020-03-13 15:05:09 UTC • Ended: April 24th, 2020
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

Price

$ 9,800 (OBO)

Open for offers

For sale: NIB Stern Ghostbusters Limited Edition Pinball Machine + Taylor Reese Drainbusters mod uninstalled

$9800 obo or trade

Looking for the following games in good to restored condition:

- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Radical!
- Black Rose
- White Water
- Time Machine
- Corvette

Call or message Zach
###.###.#### [phone number removed]

Item photos

6A039B98-DA92-4663-829B-2EEFBDA256C2 (resized).jpeg
FE351D1B-8EAA-407A-9FCB-3E58A59963BB (resized).png
56044910-B534-4A38-BD3E-114275E09910 (resized).png
E6AED479-C81A-4025-8074-9250DD1682CC (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ZMeny's market stats.

silver Seller Level

ZMeny has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ZMeny's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Evansville, IN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

#2 4 years ago

Reduced price and added a must-have mod to the deal.

#3 4 years ago

Does it have ghosting?

If so upon opening can you get a replacement playfield? LOL

$2k hit for just opening a box?

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the plug and GLWTS.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does it have ghosting?
If so upon opening can you get a replacement playfield? LOL
$2k hit for just opening a box?

Haha I’m not sure they would honor that, then again I wouldn’t rule it out entirely That’s the fun of this sale. The buyer gets to do what is nearly impossible today, open a brand new top of the line Ghostbusters!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haha I’m not sure they would honor that, then again I wouldn’t rule it out entirely That’s the fun of this sale. The buyer gets to do what is nearly impossible today, open a brand new top of the line Ghostbusters!

Agree - this intrigued me since I used to own one.

However opening new box facing: potential ghosting & 3 month dial in required for this machine and all for a $2k immediate hit just does not work for me.

Also, I see this is a “personal sale” vs business sale. So warranty is probably long gone. Risk here. There are some tech bulletins that need to be applied as well (at least there was on my LE machine at the time).

Good luck.

#7 4 years ago

They won’t, I asked. It was a long shot but wanted clarification myself just in case. You’re stuck dealing with what you open.

Zach, I left you a vm though as I’m still potentially interested when time permits a call back.

#8 4 years ago

Probably best to open it, hope for the best, than list for sale.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Probably best to open it, hope for the best, than list for sale.

I agree.

#10 4 years ago

Agreed.
Open up the box.

#11 4 years ago

make a SDTM video out of it, then sell it.

#12 4 years ago

I disagree. Do not open the box. Just price it where it will sell in the market(7k, flame me all you want, but that is the number for cash on the barrel head) and be on to a different transaction. Just in case anybody thinks I am pulling a CNN, no I am not in the market, for a NIB Ghostbusters.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I disagree. Do not open the box. Just price it where it will sell in the market(7k, flame me all you want, but that is the number for cash on the barrel head) and be on to a different transaction. Just in case anybody thinks I am pulling a CNN, no I am not in the market, for a NIB Ghostbusters.

Not in the market for a GBLE Yet you are here in a GBLE for sale thread because? lol

#14 4 years ago

Because I am a member of Pinside and read threads? I have a HUO premium Ghostbusters that I would love to trade, so yes, Ghostbusters threads grab my attention. I will check with you, the next time I intend to add to a thread, as it seems you need to approve or deny entry. lol

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Because I am a member of Pinside and read threads? I have a HUO premium Ghostbusters that I would love to trade, so yes, Ghostbusters threads grab my attention. I will check with you, the next time I intend to add to a thread, as it seems you need to approve or deny entry. lol

My apologies having not seen your contributing Pinside member heart I assumed you were just from CNN. All good.

#16 4 years ago

7k for a NIB LE? Yeah sure. GB LEs have really vanished from the MP.

#17 4 years ago

$9K is a little steep especially with no warranty....I think your better off taking it out of the box, setting it up and inspecting the game so the new buyer has assurances there are no issues. Either way GLWS

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I don’t think I’ll be pricing it at 7k. It’ll sell for what it needs to sell for. Market will dictate what it goes for. It just takes one person who missed the boat years back and wants to open up a brand new one instead of taking in one that’s been with others. Make no mistake, it will lose money when opened, but doesn’t it feel good to be the one to open the box and touch it first? It’s just money, gotta get what you really want. Don’t settle, you’re worth more......and....... BUY BUY BUY!!!!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t think I’ll be pricing it at 7k. It’ll sell for what it needs to sell for. Market will dictate what it goes for. It just takes one person who missed the boat years back and wants to open up a brand new one instead of taking in one that’s been with others. Make no mistake, it will lose money when opened, but doesn’t it feel good to be the one to open the box and touch it first? It’s just money, gotta get what you really want. Don’t settle, you’re worth more......and....... BUY BUY BUY!!!!

I get it that market will dictate price, but do u really think theres a buyer for a stock LE at $9800? especially with no warranty and the risk that there's play field issues that could cost a bunch more to address? I guess time will tell...I still think you'd be lucky to get $8-$8500.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I get it that market will dictate price, but do u really think theres a buyer for a stock LE at $9800? especially with no warranty and the risk that there's play field issues that could cost a bunch more to address? I guess time will tell...I still think you'd be lucky to get $8-$8500.

Time will tell, eh? Zach's got the space to hold it until a sale. Not like he's desperate for the money or the space. Besides, he's OBO so it's not like he's being inflexible. And here's a secret--NIB LE buyers don't care that the price drops after they open the box. Otherwise they wouldn't be NIB LE buyers!

#21 4 years ago

I like Zach but where are all those Price Police OR all those people who get pissed at Flippers !!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Time will tell, eh? Zach's got the space to hold it until a sale. Not like he's desperate for the money or the space. Besides, he's OBO so it's not like he's being inflexible. And here's a secret--NIB LE buyers don't care that the price drops after they open the box. Otherwise they wouldn't be NIB LE buyers!

Wrong - I have bought several and I care!

And if I said $8k as my best offer which is $200 above LE sales (with tons mods installed) I am sure Zach would say NO (based on $9800 price tag). So would this be flipping for profit?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I like Zach but where are all those Price Police OR all those people who get pissed at Flippers !!

I’m here. This is overpriced and a gamble on warranty. You’re welcome.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

And if I said $8k as my best offer which is $200 above LE sales (with tons mods installed) I am sure Zach would say NO (based on $9800 price tag). So would this be flipping for profit?

Current Stern LEs are 9099 new and a lot of people would prefer this to a newer title. The new title has warranty and the GBLE is no longer available new. Pros to both sides. Looks like used GBLE go for 8k so this one will sit until someone has to have a new one. No harm no foul.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

As a buyer of many I can safely say I care Also as person who unboxed many NIB games I can safely say its a bit over rated

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As a buyer of many I can safely say I care Also as person who unboxed many NIB games I can safely say its a bit over rated

Agree. Most people don’t care if it’s new or has 1000 plays. But some people like new even if it comes at a premium

#27 4 years ago

One really has to appreciate this game for it to appreciate this much.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Also as person who unboxed many NIB games I can safely say its a bit over rated

So overrated.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Agree. Most people don’t care if it’s new or has 1000 plays. But some people like new even if it comes at a premium

Hope u find him or her !

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from cpr9999:

Okay, well for you sticklers, I will clarify my position. First of all, I'm mainly thinking of those collectors that buy every new LE machine that comes out. The big bucks guys. Secondly, Yes, I'm sure NIB buyers would obviously prefer their games to retain as much value as possible; I was being a bit hyperbolic, but plenty of NIB collectors never sell their games, so depreciation isn't really much of a factor for them. It's all about personal preference. And I would argue that if one's main concern is value retention, then the secondary market is the way to go. You will always take some sort of hit buying NIB, even if it's just a small one, but you can often take no hit at all buying used. But that's not the point of buying new in box, is it? There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to buy a NIB game, but value retention isn't one of them.

To put forth the cargument, you don't buy a brand new Ferrari or Lamborghini and drive it off the lot because you want it to hold it's value. In the case of this sale, how many NIB GB LEs are there? Not many I'd wager. And besides, Zach is no stranger to this rodeo. It's not like any of us is educating him. But it will be interesting to see when, and for how much, this game sells for. Hopefully, Zach will talk about it in some fashion either here, or on one of his shows, after a sale is made. I'm very curious to see how this all plays out.

#31 4 years ago

This will sell for the listed price.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yup.. anymore it's overrated to the point of annoying delay. Went to buy a new Maiden Premium from Trent last year and found he had a barely-used one in stock, so grabbed it instead. Was so nice... just 20 minutes between backing the truck up to unload and playing the first ball. No boxcutters, straps or cardboard to deal with afterward.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

This will sell for the listed price.

If it stays on the market for a while, absolutely. The money printers are going to be humming along all year and inflation will soon make this look cheap

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

...Went to buy a new Maiden Premium from Trent last year and found he had a barely-used one in stock, so grabbed it....

Ha exactly, the 'unboxing' process is Trent and I cutting the cardboard away from the machine so it'll fit in my car surrounded by barn cats.
The cats are the best part.

#35 4 years ago

If there wasn't the playfield problems with this game, then yes, I agree it would sell immediately. I do not see a pinsider, who knows about the issues with this game, buying it for 9800 (assuming there is no Stern support). I have this game and I received a new playfield as did many others.

Do I see someone on ebay buying this -- yes.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The cats are the best part.

Good kitties *pets* very good kitties

#37 4 years ago

Not worth the risk. That era of machines from stern had issues. Too much of a gamble hoping its ok when you open the box.

#38 4 years ago

Eh, Zach's a good guy and a distro. I bet a buyer could work something out with him beforehand, in the instance that the playfield had serious issues upon opening.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I bet a buyer could work something out with him beforehand, in the instance that the playfield had serious issues upon opening.

Sure, Stern could replace it under warranty. Not like they have anything better to do right now.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure, Stern could replace it under warranty. Not like they have anything better to do right now.

Not what I was suggesting, but go with that if you want. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Stern is only sending unpopped PFs to GB owners right now. Since it's not on the line anymore. I believe that's the current policy from them.

#41 4 years ago

An unpopulated playfield with better wood, ink, and clearcoat is still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Not what I was suggesting, but go with that if you want. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Stern is only sending unpopped PFs to GB owners right now. Since it's not on the line anymore. I believe that's the current policy from them.

I thought that was all done by now - GB playfield replacement program - considered a “closed issue”. If people are still waiting for one Stern should be $&&@!

As far as working it out with Zach - he should just state it in the ad. If it is good remediation some fish might bite soon

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I thought that was all done by now - GB playfield replacement program - considered a “closed issue”. If people are still waiting for one Stern should be $&&@!

Pretty sure I read in the Playfield Issues thread that someone was fairly recently was offered an unpopped pf for an issue with their GB. Don't remember the details at all, but vaguely recall that was what was offered by Stern. Unless I've got my wires crossed.

Quoted from cpr9999:

As far as working it out with Zach - he should just state it in the ad. If it is good remediation some fish might bite soon

Eh, he should just stick with the standard "set-price, wait a week or two, drop $100, and repeat as necessary" procedure. Works every time...eventually!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Pretty sure I read in the Playfield Issues thread that someone was fairly recently was offered an unpopped pf for an issue with their GB. Don't remember the details at all, but vaguely recall that was what was offered by Stern. Unless I've got my wires crossed.

Eh, he should just stick with the standard "set-price, wait a week or two, drop $100, and repeat as necessary" procedure. Works every time...eventually!

Getting a replacement play field for a game is basically useless....all the time and $ is in the actual work to populate the new play field and install.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Agree this works when you start at reasonable mark up price.

So are you telling me for all future games I sell markup $2k beyond market archive price and go down by $100 per week.

Interesting approach.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Not worth the risk. That era of machines from stern had issues. Too much of a gamble hoping its ok when you open the box.

That's right.....this is the game that really popularized "insert ghosting"!

#47 4 years ago

And what good would it do to take it out of the box and look at a it? Doesn't it take at least a few plays before the playfield starts disintegrating?

Or is that just the newer models and these came fucked up right out of the box?

#48 4 years ago

I guess one could put forth the argument that the clearcoat has now had plenty of time to cure.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess one could put forth the argument that the clearcoat has now had plenty of time to cure.

Now thats funny

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree this works when you start at reasonable mark up price.
So are you telling me for all future games I sell markup $2k beyond market archive price and go down by $100 per week.
Interesting approach.

Didn't u know that the NIB experience is worth $2K+ .... about $4000 an hour of excitement

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-ghostbusters-le-118?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.