Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by QuickSilverShelb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BK-NIB-play2 (1).jpg
BK-NIB-MP_ no_corrosion.JPG
warehouse.jpg
NIB Black Knight Detail.jpg
NIB Black Knights!.jpg
IMG_3293-166.JPG
IMG_3292-196.JPG
IMG_3291-658.jpg
IMG_3290-489.jpg
IMG_3289-312.jpg
IMG_3287-748.jpg
IMG_3288-67.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Make offer
Listed at $ 7,450

Price is firm

for trade

NIB Black Knight

Added: May 10th, 2015 Re-listed: 1 time (December 18th, 2015) Ended: October 26th, 2018

Item description

Up for sale is my NIB 1980 Williams Black Knight Pinball. The box has never been opened and has been stored in a climate controlled environment. My home is smoke free and pet free.

1 spare NOS pop cap and 2 versions of the flyer are included.

Will consider Metallica Premium or Mustang Boss Premium+cash on trade.

$7,450 USD obo

Thanks for looking

Item photos

IMG_3288-67.jpg
IMG_3287-748.jpg
IMG_3289-312.jpg
IMG_3290-489.jpg
IMG_3291-658.jpg
IMG_3292-196.JPG
IMG_3293-166.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Canmore, AB, CA

Seller insights

These are QuickSilverShelb's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to QuickSilverShelb's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Wow. Color me jealous. GLWS.

#3 4 years ago

Let's skip to the part when someone says "well *i* wouldn't wanna open that up and see battery damage all over the boards! Buyer is taking a HUGE risk!" and then skip straight to the part where I chime in with "who really cares? You can get a new board for $200. Someone who gets a nib black knight really isn't gonna be concerned with that - in the scheme of things it's completely insignificant."

Also I would say "by the way in 15 years in this hobby I've seen a dozen or so of these vintage NIB sales and not once has any of them ever had a battery damage issue."

I think I covered it and you are welcome for saving all of us the posts needed to discuss this issue.

#4 4 years ago

How the hell does something like this happen? Who would keep a box for so long? It's not like you can see what's in the box. Crazy....

#5 4 years ago

Well put Levi!|

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can get a new board for $200.

Cool that it still exists.

Only thing you did not mention, if you open the box and put the new board in, it is no longer NIB.

Price depreciates 5-6k once it goes from NIB to HUO.

#7 4 years ago

Forum naysayers will ruin this moment.. I say this is cool as shit and would love to own this but I'm out of money... Glws.. This is great

#8 4 years ago

Wow, what a time capsule! GLWS!

#9 4 years ago

GLWS.. I could never do this. I would hurt if I saw a game meant to be played in a box all that time.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Only thing you did not mention, if you open the box and put the new board in, it is no longer NIB.

I think most people have figured that out.

The lucky buyer of this game will either buy it because he thinks of it as an investment, or he'll buy it to have the nicest original BK on the planet.

Either way, someone with $7000 or so to blow on this thing really doesn't give a shit, nor should they, and isn't having their world rocked by the suggestion that it may have battery damage (a completely minor inconvinience), or they may lose money upon opening the box (just like a toaster, car, or anything else you can buy). They know all of this stuff.

It's a friggin NIB Black Knight. The game was made a quarter of a century ago. That's pretty cool.

And now to the finer nuances of your point...nobody is losing $6000 by opening the box. You seriously think this game is suddenly worth only $1500 because he's opened it? It's still a mint condition HUO Black Knight, and it will still be worth several times your run of the mill nice Black Knight.

#11 4 years ago

not the norm. very cool.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Obviously you buy this, and then never open it, because you wouldn't want to lose value on something just for the nebulous concept of "enjoyment".

#13 4 years ago

Yeah, it's funny how 25 year old batteries never leak, but contemporary ones less that a year old jizz up everything.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Obviously you buy this, and then never open it, because you wouldn't want to lose value on something just for the nebulous concept of "enjoyment".

I've never understood the point of keeping a game NIB beyond 5-7 years. I think the value levels off at that point. NIB is only ever (at most) going to be worth 2-3k more than an HUO low play game in my opinion. Why on Earth someone would pay 5-6k (or more) for the sake of being NIB, knowing either A) If you open it to enjoy you'll lose that value as noted so you're just the next person storing it or B) You do open the box and suddenly it's worth no more than any other HUO example you could have bought for 5-6k (or whatever) less. Dumb either way.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game was made a quarter of a century ago. That's pretty cool.

Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, it's funny how 25 year old batteries never leak, but contemporary ones less that a year old jizz up everything.

Pretty sure 1980 is 35 years old . Would be amazing to see this opened for the first time after all the years.

#16 4 years ago

Crazy that this exists, likely the only NIB Black Knight in existence.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Likely more than you think. This is the third one I have seen in the last 5 years.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I've never understood the point of keeping a game NIB beyond 5-7 years. I think the value levels off at that point. NIB is only ever (at most) going to be worth 2-3k more than an HUO low play game in my opinion. Why on Earth someone would pay 5-6k (or more) for the sake of being NIB, knowing either A) If you open it to enjoy you'll lose that value as noted so you're just the next person storing it or B) You do open the box and suddenly it's worth no more than any other HUO example you could have bought for 5-6k (or whatever) less. Dumb either way.

You don't get it. I don't get it. But for some people it's huge.

Rarehero had a NIB STTNG that he go from one of the cast members after they did some Family Guy work. I remember him telling me about posting the story on RGP, and someone offered him something like $25k for it if he didn't unbox it. (He passed, still has the game.)

Some people have a lot of money, and want to say they're the ones who opened it and no one has ever "owned" it before them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Quoted from Iceman5000:

Likely more than you think. This is the third one I have seen in the last 5 years.

Yeah, they continue to pop up every now and then. I think it was 9 or 10 years ago that John Robertson had about a dozen of these for sale. Some keep changing hands, still unopened.

#21 4 years ago

John Jukes Time Travel Warehouse raid 10 years ago, stash of NIB Black Knights.
https://www.flippers.com/TimeTravelWarehouse.html

#22 4 years ago

I almost bought one of these new BKs a while back.. for a couple k less. Ended up with a nice BK for $1000 instead. GLWS!

#23 4 years ago

Can I still get a NIB T2...!!! ...any other ones come up in the last few years..(I'm still pretty new).................Joey

#24 4 years ago

So that's a no still on my 5000.00 offer

#25 4 years ago

Hey Doug, Is that US dollars or Canadian?

#26 4 years ago

Just wait for the re-release. At this price, someone's bound to remake it!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Hey Doug, Is that US dollars or Canadian?

Hey Al, I'm looking for US dollars for this deal.

Thanks.
QSS

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

So that's a no still on my 5000.00 offer

I appreciate the offer, I haven't forgotten that you'd take it for that

QSS

#29 4 years ago

I thought I seen several of these for sale around 2005/6 and the all had board damage.

#30 4 years ago

That's awesome!!!!!

#31 4 years ago

Whoever buys this please please please have the opening and set up recorded on video and post. Only wish you could bottle that new pin smell!

#32 4 years ago

I was lucky enough to be in the Time Travel Warehouse in Vancouver right up to the last day, here are a couple of pics of the last 2 NIB Black Knights sitting on the loading dock just before they left.

NIB Black Knights!.jpg
NIB Black Knight Detail.jpg

#33 4 years ago

I have seen one of the Time Travel wearhouse games opened up. The buyer immediately had buyers remorse after opening it up and tried to sell it for what he had into it (now now longer NIB and added costs of having it shipped).

The problem was while it was NIB, it's still a 35 year old mass production quality condition game. For the price the buyer is asking on this you can send one to HEP and for probably the same price have it look a million times better. Or for less than half of that buy a beater game, a CPR playfield set, new backglass, new plastics, new cabinet stencils and new playfield plastics and do it yourself.
Having seen the NIB opened one I was underwhelmed at the overall condition of it. It was perfectly 100% unplayed, but beyond that, the colors on the original cabinets are not very bright red and yellow like when someone repaints them. The inserts tend to shrink away from the wood and leave circles around them. Playfield is original laquer clearcoat and not very shiny. I don't remember if the inserts had changed color or not.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to find a NIB BK, but even at half the asking price I'd still probably balk at picking it up.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

Whoever buys this please please please have the opening and set up recorded on video and post. Only wish you could bottle that new pin smell!

I don't recall who, but someone has posted pictures of themselve opening up their NIB BK and their NIB Hyperball that they got from John.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

Whoever buys this please please please have the opening and set up recorded on video and post.

Nah....whoever buys it will just put it here:

warehouse.jpg

#36 4 years ago

Here is one of the NIB BKs freshly opened and you can see the batteries back then did not leak.

BK-NIB-MP_ no_corrosion.JPG
#37 4 years ago

Lot's of opening box pics here:

https://www.flippers.com/nib_bk.html

#38 4 years ago

It's funny how some nib pins surface and others don't,

In the last 3 years or so, I remember seeing a nib Bally Harley Davidson and Diner on ebay for buy it now $6500
A fish tales has been unboxed, I've seen at least 3 BK's nib on the forums,
A NGG not too long ago was purchased (owned by Pat Lawlor)I thought these batteries did leak in this one?
Now a Cactus Canyon on ebay,

Would be neat to see a T2 nib.

I think there are currently quite a few nib Sterns kicking around that are 10 or so years old.

Anyway you slice it, BK nib is pretty slick-instant time machine.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

A NGG not too long ago was purchased (owned by Pat Lawlor)I thought these batteries did leak in this one?

The game was rusted out from being stored in his barn near Chicago. At one time Pat also still had a half dozen NIB Safe Crackers in there too.

#40 4 years ago

Whoever gets this, please do an unboxing video. That would be awesome!

Mike

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow!!! Must control myself...

You have to bring this to our area.
Everyone will show up for the big day.

#43 4 years ago

I'll pass, I bet all the rubber is dry and cracked!

Just kidding

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

I'll pass, I bet all the rubber is dry and cracked!
Just kidding

I know, me too...because it takes ten minutes tops to put rubber on a Black Knight...

true story.

7 months later
#45 3 years ago

Bumpin this back up. The falling Canadian dollar makes this game a better price for US buyers.

QSS

#46 3 years ago

Thats a little more than I offered

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thats a little more than I offered

Jeeze, your quick. Do you have your computer hardwired into your brain

QSS

#48 3 years ago

Someone should buy this just so their kids will have a vintage box to play in.

#50 3 years ago

Still for sale, I think people wold be hard pressed to pay that amount for a NIB 25+ year old game when there are so many other NIB that are "modern" Either way this is such a cool thing to see. GLWTS

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside