(Topic ID: 327713)

For sale: New In Box Unopened James Bond 007 (LE)

By Apollon

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yesh23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61EDA4DC-9D3C-4014-BBC1-760B15C33C4F (resized).jpeg
15689E11-CB66-4266-AFC8-43EC7143A0C0 (resized).jpeg
00E601A9-6108-4792-ACF0-EF2F8D7932A0 (resized).jpeg
C985247F-C2F8-49EC-9464-47049B8A1291 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: New In Box Unopened James Bond 007 (LE)

Added: 2022-12-17 13:41:39 UTC • Ended: January 10th, 2023
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 14,000

Item description

Selling our New In Box Bond LE. $14,000. You can arrange shipping if you don’t want to pick up. Located in Georgia

Item photos

C985247F-C2F8-49EC-9464-47049B8A1291 (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Apollon's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Apollon's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Cumming, GA, US

#2 1 year ago

Oh boy….

BTW, is it still in its unopened box, or has it been unboxed? Your ad indicates both.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Oh boy….
BTW, is it still in its unopened box, or has it been unboxed? Your ad indicates both.

It also indicates a flip.

#4 1 year ago

Why do people kick their fellow hobbyist in the balls flipping machines?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To state the obvious:
Because it robs other hobbyists from the opportunity of attaining a machine at MSRP they would use and enjoy all so that the flipper can make $$$. Flipper benefits, others suffer. It’s generally considered unkind by reasonable people when one benefits at the expense of others.

Many of us love pinball and want to help each other. I like making money as much as the next guy. But I don’t mix that with my loves and hobbies because I just feel terrible sticking it to others than share my passion. I will make money in ways that I can be proud of and that don’t disadvantage my fellow hobbyists.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Make a couple grand for literally nothing.

People don’t care that it is inflating the hobby as a whole, as I’m sure the manufacturers track what things as selling for on the secondary market when they’re calculating their yearly price increase.

We are our own worst enemy

#7 1 year ago

Let's see, MSRP was $12,999.

Owner may have had tax and/or shipping too.

Not a big flip, probably selling for what he has in it, or close.

Not sure why you guys are price policing on this one.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Agreed. Might of preorder and had change of heart. It could the person had bills that have come up. Hard to price police these days. I’m not sure what anything is worth any more.

#9 1 year ago

Stern has nearly tripled the price of an LE in 10 years (Avatar LE was $4500). No gripe there?

#10 1 year ago

How is this a “flip?!?”

Some folks need to get a grip.

#11 1 year ago

Prices are so high now that this may look and smell like a flip but likely isn’t.
Seller is lucky to break even with tax/ship depending on the state.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I ain’t paying for your state’s sales tax. You wanna buy something and then sell it, you can eat your state’s cut. And my NIB’s I order in advance are drop shipped to my house from Stern and included in the price.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Stern has nearly tripled the price of an LE in 10 years (Avatar LE was $4500). No gripe there?

They actually called it a Avatar premium not a LE back then FYI…

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Tricky Stern!
00E601A9-6108-4792-ACF0-EF2F8D7932A0 (resized).jpeg00E601A9-6108-4792-ACF0-EF2F8D7932A0 (resized).jpeg

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I ain’t paying for your state’s sales tax. You wanna buy something and then sell it, you can eat your state’s cut. And my NIB’s I order in advance are drop shipped to my house from Stern and included in the price.

then it sounds like this isn't the machine for you. there's a whole bunch available elsewhere that you can have delivered to you however you please. doesn't mean that this seller isn't allowed to try and recoup their costs. not sure why you care one way or the other, or how you do it impacts the way others should.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Tricky Stern!
[quoted image]

Yep very tricky

15689E11-CB66-4266-AFC8-43EC7143A0C0 (resized).jpeg15689E11-CB66-4266-AFC8-43EC7143A0C0 (resized).jpeg61EDA4DC-9D3C-4014-BBC1-760B15C33C4F (resized).jpeg61EDA4DC-9D3C-4014-BBC1-760B15C33C4F (resized).jpeg
#17 1 year ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I think I’ll go with what’s on the plaque attached to the game and not the box.

#18 1 year ago

Just does not seem to be a demand for this title.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Just does not semi to be a demand for this title.

...at the price Stern is charging. Same as TS from JJ. It's a beautiful thing that despite all of the arrogance on the part of the pin manufacturers, the market is still ultimately set by the buyers.

#20 1 year ago

Avatar and Tron had premium on the
box but we’re LEs IIRC.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Avatar and Tron had premium on the
box but we’re LEs IIRC.

Yes, there was a funny debate over it in a recent Trom for sale thread.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I heard a lot of gripes.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

To state the obvious:
Because it robs other hobbyists from the opportunity of attaining a machine at MSRP they would use and enjoy all so that the flipper can make $$$. Flipper benefits, others suffer. It’s generally considered unkind by reasonable people when one benefits at the expense of others.
Many of us love pinball and want to help each other. I like making money as much as the next guy. But I don’t mix that with my loves and hobbies because I just feel terrible sticking it to others than share my passion. I will make money in ways that I can be proud of and that don’t disadvantage my fellow hobbyists.

Noble intention, but not holding water in the current state of pricing, in this hobby. Nobody that can afford a Bond LE at MSRP is being deprived of anything by paying more than MSRP. If that were the case the new car market would have already imploded. Middle class folks are already being squeezed out of virtually everything. Call me the bad guy for stating the obvious.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So someone listed a MMr Royal for $30k and you’re bitching about this?

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

then it sounds like this isn't the machine for you. there's a whole bunch available elsewhere that you can have delivered to you however you please. doesn't mean that this seller isn't allowed to try and recoup their costs. not sure why you care one way or the other, or how you do it impacts the way others should.

A lot of us aren’t here to pay for other’s second guessing. Game was $13k and OP made a decision to maybe pay over that for state taxes and shipping (probably was drop shipped for free though since Bond LE’s aren’t sitting in distro warehouses). That shouldn’t be the problem of the next buyer. If the OP didn’t buy this item, the next buyer would’ve been charged $13k.

Oh and the next buyer can also pay for this to be shipped, so extra cost tacked on top.

#26 1 year ago

Question; Are stern distros all now charging MSRP ? Last time I purchased there was some decent play between msrp and actual purchase price. Obviously its been a few years and I am curious.

#27 1 year ago

So is he supposed to sell it at a loss?

I bought from a Stern dealer that advertises on this site and the total with tax and shipping was $14,450.00. Is everyone going to go swarm his ads?

If you don’t want it, move along and go look in the mirror with your judgmental BS.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

So is he supposed to sell it at a loss?
I bought from a Stern dealer that advertises on this site and the total with tax and shipping was $14,450.00. Is everyone going to go swarm his ads?
If you don’t want it, move along and go look in the mirror with your judgmental BS.

So what you are saying is .... yes, most were at msrp?

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

A lot of us aren’t here to pay for other’s second guessing.

you don't have to. just like the seller doesn't have to take a loss if he decides not to. problem solved.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think I’ll go with what’s on the plaque attached to the game and not the box.

Once you've got rid of the box , you're only left with the plaque

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

A lot of us aren’t here to pay for other’s second guessing. Game was $13k and OP made a decision to maybe pay over that for state taxes and shipping (probably was drop shipped for free though since Bond LE’s aren’t sitting in distro warehouses). That shouldn’t be the problem of the next buyer. If the OP didn’t buy this item, the next buyer would’ve been charged $13k.
Oh and the next buyer can also pay for this to be shipped, so extra cost tacked on top.

Isn’t that the next buyers choice? Move on already this subject is dead.
No crimes committed.

#32 1 year ago

Glwts…best Stern color scheme

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-new-in-box-unopened-james-bond-007-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.