Poseidon-Neptune12.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune11jpg.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune10.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune09.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune08.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune07.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune06.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune05.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 1 year ago

Game - for sale

For sale: Neptune/Poseidon

Added: 2023-05-08 20:28:53 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (June 18th, 2024) • Expires: July 30th, 2024 20:13
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 3,250 (OBO)

Open for offers

Need a price reference? Check the Archive.

Contact seller

Up for sale is one of the best Gottlieb wedge-head machines ever produced, Neptune! This example is even more unique as it features a super rare NOS Poseidon backglass! (Note: the Neptune backglass glass is not included, just the Poseidon one pictured.) Although this is the Italian AAB glass, the WOW lights, ball in play, game over, tilt and score reels all line up exactly the same. It's basically the exact same glass as Neptune, just the name is different.
This is another all-original cabinet survivor with a nearly perfect non-faded cabinet, NOS Poseidon backglass and a nice playfield with only the common wear around the kick-outs. The plastics are original as well and nice, but not perfect. The left sling has a chipped bottom corner. The Gottlieb correct 27" legs are rust free and super shiny.
Still features all the original coils, pop bumpers, bumper caps, flipper bats, and the score card holder is one of the nicest I've seen of this vintage. The cabinet is super sharp on the inside as well and the digital score reels are very sharp and not faded at all. I've tweaked the game and particular about how it plays, and it's playing very well.
Only 270 Neptune's were ever produced and I'd say very few all original cabinets are as nice as this one, and the original Poseidon backglass is nearly impossible to find, especially an NOS! Only 531 were ever produced and were for export to Italy for the Italian AAB machines. I just acquired it over the years of collecting rare backglass and thought it looked so cool on there where Neptune and Poseidon are virtually the same game, yet you never ever see Poseidon. (Even the playfield is stamped with both names on it.)
Let me know if you have anymore questions or would like more pictures. I am willing to drive the machine for a fee, just let me know where you're located and could also potentially meet halfway. I prefer not to ship, but will do so if the buyer arranges for the machine to be picked up at my location. Thank you!

Item photos

Poseidon-Neptune01.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune02.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune03.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune04.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune05.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune06.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune07.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune08.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune09.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune10.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune11jpg.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune12.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune13.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune14.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune15.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune16.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune17.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune18.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune19.jpg
Poseidon-Neptune20.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas
Willing to deliver

“I am willing to drive the machine for a fee, just let me know where you're located and could also potentially meet halfway. I prefer not to ship, but will do so if the buyer arranges for the machine to be picked up, but I'd rather this machine be picked up here due to the immaculate cabinet/backglass condition. Thank you.”

Contact

Contact Classics_Master via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Seller insights

These are Classics_Master's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Classics_Master's stats page

Item location

Jackson, KY, US

#2 1 year ago

Not sure what the “London” marked in the cabinet means? Did they intend on shipping Neptune games overseas from the factory? The previous owner said he’d had the game since the early 80’s and I’ve owned the game over 20 years myself. Just curious if anyone else has noticed writing like that before in these machines?

#3 1 year ago

Has it always been in KY? If so, could the original operator have marked it for location down in London, KY?

Beautiful game, and its art and place in history have always intrigued me. GLWTS!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Has it always been in KY? If so, could the original operator have marked it for location down in London, KY?
Beautiful game, and its art and place in history have always intrigued me. GLWTS!

Thanks! Yes, the game is very interesting. I’ve owned a Hit The Deck as well, which I sold at pinball expo in 2018. I like both games, yet the rules are very different. It’s interesting how you can take the same layout and yet the games play so differently because of the rules. I’m actually seeking a lot of my favorite 80’s games and why I’m selling. Always loved the digital score reels.

#5 1 year ago

I forgot to mention this Neptune also comes with extra instruction cards for novelty play and various AAB scoring cards as well.

2 weeks later
#6 1 year ago

Price drop for Memorial Day weekend! Hope everyone has a safe and great weekend. I’m also offering free delivery of this Neptune all the way up to to Green Bay for the next major pinball tournament at District 82 in late June. I’m driving from Kentucky so that’s anywhere along my route there. Just let me know, thanks!

1 week later
#7 1 year ago

Just dropped price again! This is an extremely rare machine in excellent condition and worlds great. I have a video of the game play on YouTube, just search for Poseidon pinball gameplay and review. I’m also still offering the free delivery to Green Bay the weekend of June 25.

#8 1 year ago

Here’s a link to see this game in action, plays flawlessly and very fast! One of the most unique Gottlieb’s ever produced!

If the link below doesn’t work, just type in Poseidon pinball review, I believe it’s the only one.

#9 1 year ago

This game also requires precision adjustments on the small stepper relays that move the WOW by hitting the pop bumpers. It took a while to get it dialed in just right. Very different than Hit The Deck.

#10 1 year ago

Also of note, the Posiedon glass in this Neptune is an original and NOS. It’s in perfect condition and I’d value the glass alone as extremely rare and collectible. I don’t believe they even make reproduction of a Posiedon glass? If anyone would prefer to add a reproduction Neptune glass to this machine, I would sell the Neptune without the Poseidon glass for $3,000. (I do not have a Neptune glass). Let me know, if you have a Neptune glass already, it’s a great opportunity on getting a much better deal on this Neptune machine. The Green Bay District 82 tourney is coming up soon; (June 23-25), and I’m still offering free delivery to there, so let me know if you’re interested, thanks!

1 year later
#11 25 days ago

The Neptune/Poseidon is back up for sale! If you’re looking for this unique Gottlieb, this is a great example of this rare classic. Checkout the pictures. Thanks!

#12 24 days ago

I'm not sure if he still has any, but Mayfair Amusements had a bunch of NOS "Poseidon" backglasses at one time. I bought one from him years ago, and he had several back then.
It is a perfect replacement for a bad "Neptune" glass, although repros were made for "Neptune". As you said, only the name is different.

#13 23 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm not sure if he still has any, but Mayfair Amusements had a bunch of NOS "Poseidon" backglasses at one time. I bought one from him years ago, and he had several back then.
It is a perfect replacement for a bad "Neptune" glass, although repros were made for "Neptune". As you said, only the name is different.

Yes, thought that was interesting where everything matches up perfectly with the Italian add-a-ball glass. Such a cool theme and I really wish Gottlieb had made some four player games with those digital score reels. My close encounters EM version would look sweet with those for sure. Must have not went over well?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.