C6C4BE81-D642-4F02-8744-D554068C7450 (resized).jpeg
Never buy (resized).JPG
BE657DCB-B8F8-4867-B033-F9C37C8CF078.gif
26785CA6-5106-4E1A-9D87-307DED7AEABB.gif
images (resized).jpeg
20191205_172351 (resized).jpg
20191205_172357 (resized).jpg
20191205_172408 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

it was $3400 new. sterns back then were cheaper with cheaper boards etc.

Stern Pirates, Family Guy, Wheel of Fortune, etc. were $3400 and SAM System, not cheaper boards.

LTG : )

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If protecting the dignity of a trageity from being monetized is not worth moderating, what is?

Might want to learn how to spell tragedy before commenting and downvoting, moron.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Might want to learn how to spell tragedy before commenting and downvoting, moron.

Hey-o!

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

We had a conmen saying as we posterized ladies faces....Kobe!!!

#105 4 years ago

OP, you're a POS.

#106 4 years ago

How is this even allowed? I dont get it. If this is ok to do, then nearly anything is fair game.

This ad should be frozen at a minimum. Completely disgusting behavior.

#107 4 years ago

Man you guys are really reaching for the outrage.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stern Pirates, Family Guy, Wheel of Fortune, etc. were $3400 and SAM System, not cheaper boards.
LTG : )

how many node boards were in those? zero
those are pricey and there are several per game now. Minimum 250 each x 5 or more node boards.. also the lcd screen now vs the dmd back then when dmd new were $129 to public and less for a company like stern of course. The main board is 1k in a spike 2.
The main sam board is less than half of that now and was less back then.
so as i stated initially, the boards cost less in those games back then that were $3400 brand new in box, not over 5k like today with newer pricier score display and more pricey boards.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]

buy all the node boards and main board plus lcd screen in a current spike 2 game right now and find out if im serious.
Then buy all sam boards from back then plus a dmd.
tell me what is cheaper..

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

We had a conmen saying as we posterized ladies faces....Kobe!!!

Holy shit. Centerflank is back!

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Best thing on this thread!

#112 4 years ago

how many node boards were in those? zero
those are pricey and there are several per game now. Minimum 250 each x 5 or more node boards.. also the lcd screen now vs the dmd back then when dmd new were $129 to public and less for a company like stern of course. The main board is 1k in a spike 2.
The main sam board is less than half of that now and was less back then.
so as i stated initially, the boards cost less in those games back then that were $3400 brand new in box, not over 5k like today with newer pricier score display and more pricey boards.

Bless your heart for thinking Stern decided to put more expensive equipment in the games for the consumers benefit.

The node boards are easily in the tens of dollars range for them, and they're saving a boatload on copper wiring.

Also, LCD's are likely way cheaper than a DMD if only because the market is wider.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yeah typos on my cell happen. Thankfully it's a one button click to downvote your ignorant ass. Your brain power is limited so I understand why you wouldn't understand my point. Keeping your mouth shut would be best for someone limited in capabilities like you.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from slicknick13:

Bless your heart for thinking Stern decided to put more expensive equipment in the games for the consumers benefit.
The node boards are easily in the tens of dollars range for them, and they're saving a boatload on copper wiring.
Also, LCD's are likely way cheaper than a DMD if only because the market is wider.

Exactly!! Never confuse what Stern sells a part for with what their cost is!

#115 4 years ago

My interpretation - your effed on getting the firm asking price. Also you seem lazy, about the sale. Some tried to help you early and you acted scorned almost. Btw it would appear you know very little on this very specific topic. “most” of us know more and are perfectly willing to help. However you seemed very strongly that someone would take advantage of you on this title. Sorry you may loose money, that’s part of the territory. Or you could keep it, mainly as penance for being kind of a crappy person at the beginning of all this.

Half a shop job, but here’s a rubber kit should you decide to complete the job I started. ? ???

Everyone gets a pass in the Pinball hobby in the beginning. If behavior continues, I shut my personal nerd curtain and they and their friends aren’t invited anymore.

I was greedy early on too. It’s not uncommon. I was roasted via my local forum circa 2008 for basically trying to ask more than top dollar. It didn’t feel great but I took the advice because ultimately, I meant well. I appreciate the guys that guided me through that. I hope this in some weird way helps, maybe?

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Quoted from delt31:

Yeah typos on my cell happen. Thankfully it's a one button click to downvote your ignorant ass. Your brain power is limited so I understand why you wouldn't understand my point. Keeping your mouth shut would be best for someone limited in capabilities like you.

guys,..... im not feeling the love!

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

guys,..... im not feeling the love!

Sign these 2 up for a new podcast on TPN!

#118 4 years ago
27953E1D-F6D5-4E6F-8068-108637A98A26 (resized).png27953E1D-F6D5-4E6F-8068-108637A98A26 (resized).png
#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Cute how you included Kobe in your description. He's been dead less than 12 hours. How do you sleep at night.

It’s a damn shame what this world has come to man!!Seriously!!

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

It’s a damn shame what this world has come to

agreed, but so far has not helped this person to sell his machine.

OP, if you think the fact this game had Kobe on it and he has now tragically passed somehow makes it more valuable, take it to Pawn Stars, see if they see any inherent value of that fact. Maybe you can gain more spotlight and be on TV!

Please don't try to insult the Pinside audience with such douchebaggery.

#121 4 years ago

There's no tears needed, just put it on ebay

#122 4 years ago

I’m not sure which one is worse

1. People who think because someone dies anything with their likeness becomes more valuable

2. Someone dies and their instantly a hero and role model

#123 4 years ago

Wow, I didn't know it had a spinning disc in the center like Fireball. I bet you could take actual basketball material and heat-glue it on to replace the flimsy sticker. Never seen one, never played one. More than I would pay anyway.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I am sooooooo stoked to have Centerflank back. My favorite times on Pinside was modding my Tron and interacting with Centerflank. I have been missing his interaction ever since. One of my favorite pinsiders!

Welcome back Centerflank-we missed you!

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Welcome back Centerflank-we missed you!

1303-and-itsgone (resized).jpg1303-and-itsgone (resized).jpg
#126 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Just look at the rest of the thread. Should be fairly easy to tell this seller doesn’t give a shit and is trolling.

OP's description is "Kobe Bryant on the backglass" YGTBSM
The seller doesn't give a shit and the seller is a piece of shit... sad

#127 4 years ago

It’s funny how he came in here looking and curious for feedback on the high price. Then he argued with Pinsides suggested price. Then he argued with the forum feedback. He didn’t even listen to his own feedback, because when you gotta ask if the price too high, well it’s too high.

So concerned about the price, but for some reason not concerned about the 3 pages of feedback of poor taste adding Kobe’s name to the add hours after he died.

Selling troll of the year?

#129 4 years ago
#130 4 years ago

bad game play, code never finished..
20191210_114703 (resized).jpg20191210_114703 (resized).jpg

this is incorrect. I own this game and recently had it on location in Boston (big hit at tourneys and league nights). Modes are complete, really fun, and can be blown up with the all star stand up targets and 2x drop targets.

#131 4 years ago

Manufacturer put kb on backglass to increase sales. Current seller points it out as people are actively looking for memorabilia. People get sanctimonious, butt hurt and start virtue signaling as if he was a relative or something. Only on pinside.

#132 4 years ago

As far as attempted cash-ins go, this guy is the winner. I hope delt31 appreciates it.

mamba out (resized).pngmamba out (resized).png
#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Manufacturer put kb on backglass to increase sales. Current seller points it out as people are actively looking for memorabilia. People get sanctimonious, butt hurt and start virtue signaling as if he was a relative or something. Only on pinside.

Yea, I'm a bit confused by 'this' thread and the haters to begin with. While I get that how the OP went about it is in bad taste, I guarantee you many of these people condemning him also have things of 'value' that they feel is worth more since that person is dead. I've seen their game rooms. Whether or not it actually works for the OP is beside the point, the hypocrisy is rampant. People die, their stuff goes sometimes goes up in value...it's just how the world works.

#134 4 years ago

Ol' Donny is 1 downvote away from 100. Is that a pinside record?

#135 4 years ago

i was saddened by kobes tragic death especially with the passing of his daughter but he wouldnt give a rats ass about any of you dying and he made plenty of money taking advantage of cheap chinese labor and made millions off poor people over paying for his shoes. i am ok with op trying to capitalize. really dont care either way.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

but he wouldnt give a rats ass about any of you dying

Accurate.

If only we all could shoot 3's better.....

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Ol' Donny is 1 downvote away from 100. Is that a pinside record?

He’s got nothing on dirtbag

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Accurate.
If only we all could shoot 3's better.....

not a big sports fan or a groupie. really dgaf.
btw what if that chopper came down unto a school and killed a a bunch of innocent people just because some rich athlete had to fly his daughter to some basketball game?
look at all sides. glwts.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

This. Thanks.

Game still for sale. No rush selling it as it will create a hole in my arcade that I'll just have to fill.

Back in 2009 I purchased a bunch of background artwork for the displays at the rock and roll hall of fame annex in NYC. These were photos (taken by legendary rock and roll photographers like Neal Preston) enlarged onto silk screens of different musicians. One of these was 22 feet long by 9.5 feet tall. It was 2 black and white photos blown up of Janis Joplin on the left half and Prince on the right half. I paid $146 total for it. Nobody at the auction wanted it because it was so big. I folded it and stored it in a closet after listing it on ebay for $10k. I had no idea what it was really worth so I shot for the moon at what I figured was a stupid high, crazy price.

Not long after I listed it, Prince died. The next day I got an offer of $7500 for it. I could have negotiated and maybe put another $1k in my pocket but I left well enough alone and accept the $7500.

So yes, when a celebrity dies, SOME things associated with them do go up in value. We all know this. Especially, rare and unique things.

NBA is the ONLY pinball with Kobe's likeness on it that I am aware of. They even say his name in the callouts.

I suggest someone here snag this game for the low, low price of $4850 before I put it on ebay and sell it for $9000 to a Kobe fanatic.

I'm ready for another 3 pages of people telling me how horrible I am.

488da06ea26545f39f7354d538fda0a4--janis-joplin-rock-and (resized).jpg488da06ea26545f39f7354d538fda0a4--janis-joplin-rock-and (resized).jpg
#140 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I suggest someone here snag this game for the low, low price of $4850 before I put it on ebay and sell it for $9000 to a Kobe fanatic.

You'd be foolish not too. Let's be honest, actual pinball fans aren't big fans of it.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You'd be foolish not too. Let's be honest, actual pinball fans aren't big fans of it.

Agreed, which I why I put it up for sale in the first place, a couple months ago. I do not particularly enjoy playing it and I am not a sports fan.

EDIT: ended the listing... put it on ebay.

#142 4 years ago

Much better on eBay. You’ve made a bad name on Pinside it seems. You’ll never sell it here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nba-1/page/3?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.