C6C4BE81-D642-4F02-8744-D554068C7450 (resized).jpeg
Never buy (resized).JPG
BE657DCB-B8F8-4867-B033-F9C37C8CF078.gif
26785CA6-5106-4E1A-9D87-307DED7AEABB.gif
images (resized).jpeg
20191205_172351 (resized).jpg
20191205_172357 (resized).jpg
20191205_172408 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: NBA - Kobe Bryant on the backglass

Added: 2019-09-30 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 27th, 2020) • Ended: January 31st, 2020
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 4,850 (Firm)

Price is firm

2009 Stern NBA. Fairly rare. I believe just 350 ended up in the USA. Many went to China. The only pinball game with Kobe Bryant on the backglass. RIP.

It has been mostly LED'ed with Comet bulbs. I changed out the bulbs I could get to on the top & bottom sides of the playfield. The bulbs deep under plastics and ramps are still incandescents. I anticipated changing out the rest of the bulbs when I shopped the game. However, a basic "clean and wax" brought it back to really nice playing condition so I just never got around to doing the intended "full shop job". The game will come with a new Marco rubber ring kit should you want to shop it.

It is in very nice condition. The only issues with it are that is needs a new coin door lock AND the basketball decal/sticker on the spinning disc (on the playfield) is worn away (see pics). An original decal is hard to find nowadays but sign shop could make one easy enough. I didn't bother because when it's spinning, you can't even tell it's a basketball... it just looks like a blur.

Play/see/buy it anytime in lithia springs ga. 30122 @oasisarcadeairbnb

Not interested in lowball offers. Price is under what the pinside LOW average price is so I'm firm there. Find another one anywhere in the country for sale. Especially, this nice. Ain't gonna happen.

Item photos

20190602_115920 (resized).jpg
received_467454487183061 (resized).jpeg
20190530_164822 (resized).jpg
received_640328509823984 (resized).jpeg
20190531_092455 (resized).jpg
received_507879266669073 (resized).jpeg
20191205_172357 (resized).jpg
20191205_172408 (resized).jpg
20191205_172414 (resized).jpg
20191205_172418 (resized).jpg
20191205_172425 (resized).jpg
20191205_172427 (resized).jpg
20191205_172433 (resized).jpg
20191205_172444 (resized).jpg
received_2854437824569239 (resized).jpeg
20191205_172351 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are d0n's market stats.

silver Seller Level

d0n has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to d0n's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Eugene, OR, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

2 months later
#2 4 years ago

What do the pinside price police think? NBA priced fairly? Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

I think a few more detailed pics close up of the pf would help.

Seems to be in sweet shape.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think a few more detailed pics close up of the pf would help.
Seems to be in sweet shape.

I just took a bunch of closeup shots and posted them. It's mostly clean and rubbers are OK but the game would really would SHINE with a topside tear down, new rubbers (which are included) and the few remaining incandescents changed to LEDs.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

What do the pinside price police think? NBA priced fairly? Thanks!

Eh, ive seen it shopped for less. Its neat but its a cut down space jam.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Eh, ive seen it shopped for less. Its neat but its a cut down space jam.

how much less and when?

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Pinside says the estimated value is $4160 - $4840 but when I ask it to suggest a selling price, it suggests $3900?! Huh?

#8 4 years ago

Probably too much competition at $4500 with newer and possibly better games. It doesn't come up for sale, but it seems like it doesn't attract too much attention when it does. I thought it was entertaining when I played it at the PHOF, but honestly for $4500 I would be seeking out other late model games. Maybe it will bring the money once tax refunds come out?

#9 4 years ago

Coming from a collector that has fixed and sold a lot of machines over the years... selling machines is not always just about "what you can get" at any specific time. It also has a lot to do with location, condition, how you present the game, and the overall timing and market conditions as well. It's a hard sell right now at 4K when you can buy a NIB for a little bit more.

If you wait for a local show, throw some LEDs in it, and slap 3900 on it, you may have a shot at selling it. It's a family friendly game but if anyone is specifically looking for a basketball themed pin, 95% of the time, they are going to buy NBA Fastbreak for 2900, not this for 3900.

#10 4 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong... NIB games are generally $5999 for a PRO (stranger things pro is $6099) then add $450 - $500 sales tax and $400+/- shipping. You're at $7000 or slightly more. That's not "a little bit more" than $4000.

Even if there was no tax or shipping and your OTD price was really just $5800 on a NIB game... $1800 isn't a "little bit more" than $4000.

I put it on ebay tonight. It'll probably sell there.

#11 4 years ago

If you say so. Why even ask for opinions if you already had your mind set on the price? Personally, I would much rather sell a pin anywhere else BUT ebay but, to each their own. Fees on there suk. I’ve sold around 75 machines but only two on ebay and that was quite a few years ago when fees were less.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

If you say so. Why even ask for opinions if you already had your mind set on the price?

My mind isn't set on the price. I just asked you if $4000 was truly "a little bit" less than a new in box pro game after taxes and shipping. I didn't mean to upset you.

#13 4 years ago

Nope, but the price you listed it for is damn close to much better and newer game like Star Trek pro, Kiss pro, Walking Dead pro, or similar newer Sterns. I was trying to explain why it will not sell for close to 5K. If you are not in a hurry, just wait for months and hope some one looking for the game will pay a premium for it. I really don’t see it selling for 4K so if you are not keen on selling it for less than that, just hang on to it.

1 week later
#14 4 years ago

And I was trying to explain to you that you were wrong when you said ..."for a little bit more" than the $4000 you thought it was worth, someone could buy a new in box stern. I guess it depends on your definition of "a little bit". A NIB stern out the door price is well over $6k. In my mind, $2k is not "a little bit".

I know this won't sell for close $5k. I recently got an offer of $4k on ebay but declined. I think $4500 is the right price but with "pinflation", it'll be worth $4700 by spring. LOL

There's 10's of thousands of star treks and walking dead pros. Sort of an apples and oranges comparison really. There are only about 350 NBA's. I wonder if galloping ghost or the PHOF has one? ....NOPE.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

And I was trying to explain to you that you were wrong when you said ..."for a little bit more" than the $4000 you thought it was worth, someone could buy a new in box stern. I guess it depends on your definition of "a little bit". A NIB stern out the door price is well over $6k. In my mind, $2k is not "a little bit".
I know this won't sell for close $5k. I recently got an offer of $4k on ebay but declined. I think $4500 is the right price but with "pinflation", it'll be worth $4700 by spring. LOL
There's 10's of thousands of star treks and walking dead pros. Sort of an apples and oranges comparison really. There are only about 350 NBA's. I wonder if galloping ghost or the PHOF has one? ....NOPE.

The problem isn't so much other Sterns but NBA Fastbreak. I love basketball and pinball, and NBA Fastbreak is a much better game in my opinion for sub $3k. So despite the rarity factor and the theme being awesome for me, I think even I wouldn't pay over $4k for one, and even then I'd have to try it out more as the first couple times I played it I didn't like it at all (and felt so empty). Now if NBA Fastbreak climbed to $4k, then your game is a lot easier sell.

To put it this way, I just bought a Big Buck Hunter, another rare game for sub $4k. That theme is probably equally appealing to pinball people as NBA, and the production numbers probably aren't much more (and it's a better game than NBA). It has the same problem as NBA, even though it's rare, it doesn't matter as the list of buyers is equally rare. Look at AMH, only 150 made and it's down to a $5kish game now...rarity isn't helping most of these titles.

Rarity could be on your side though eventually, and maybe someone will pay that much as you're probably the only one for sale in the US right now. Just have to find the right buyer. Good luck, as long as you don't need the money right now you're bound to find someone eventually who wants one bad enough to pay a little extra for it.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

. I wonder if galloping ghost or the PHOF has one? ....NOPE.

PHOF had one when it first came out. Played it out of the box. No one will post NIB stern pricing on here but a NIB pro is not 6k out the door, especially if you pay cash...

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I recently got an offer of $4k on ebay but declined.

Which after ebay and Paypal fees is how much? Like I said earlier, you should settle for what you get offered. I hate selling big ticket items on ebay. It's risky. What if the buyer says the game is "not as advertised" when they set it up and demand their money back? You could hold out for max$ which takes who knows how long... NIB yes, it would be much more than 4K. THIS ISN'T NIB though. It's got wear and was routed. I was NOT saying 4850 or whatever the hell you are asking is comparable. Neither is 4K.

A ROUTED, USED STERN for 4500 FROM THE LAST 10 YEARS IS GOING TO SELL A 1000's TIMES FASTER THAN A ROUTED NBA FOR 4500. You see? If you present it well at a show and advertise it well, it could sell for 4K... just NOT an easy sell when you can buy a much better USED Stern for UNDER 5K.

The other problem with this game is at it's core, it's essentially the same game as Space Jam... which is no where in hell near $4K. There are a lot of great machines for $4K. I see NBA as the "last resort" or "last option" way down that list.

Done trying to explain to someone who asks for pricing advice why and how pins sell or don't sell. Don't like what Pinside people are saying to HELP you? Just do your own thing. Just figure it out on your own.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

sterns pro's are not 6k NIB. I just bought Iron Maiden pro NIB for $4900. $5050 shipped to my door.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sterns pro's are not 6k NIB. I just bought Iron Maiden pro NIB for $4900. $5050 shipped to my door.

From where. I'm in! $150 shipping & no tax?! Heck yea. Please link me to this place.

#20 4 years ago

Thanks for the help.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Where do you but your NIB games from?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where do you but your NIB games from?

yes im curious too ...do tell ...if this is true.

#23 4 years ago

IFPA You get a price break for being ranked in the top 1000 , once per year. But even at that. But they were also $4900 flat at MGC show special if you picked them up at the show. They are only $400 more from most distributors.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Yes but those are MUCH better games, not even close..

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IFPA You get a price break for being ranked in the top 1000 , once per year. But even at that. But they were also $4900 flat at MGC show special if you picked them up at the show. They are only $400 more from most distributors.

<Rolleyes> Not everyone is ranked in the top 1000 and wants to buy a NIB at a certain specific time once a year. Not everyone wants to go to a show to buy a slightly used game after the show is over and the game has been beat on all weekend.

Show me 1 distributor that will sell any NIB game with shipping & tax included for a price of $5300. Just one. Seriously. You said it's possible. Show me.

Keep in mind you just said... "sterns pro's are not 6k NIB. I just bought Iron Maiden pro NIB for $4900. $5050 shipped to my door."... as if anyone can buy an iron maiden for $5050 shipped to their home.

The fact is that stern pros ARE over $6000 out the door. with tax and shipping. Can you get a deal if you're a great player or want a used (nib) expo used game... sure. But most folks aren't buying a NIB stern with tax and shipping for $5050.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yes but those are MUCH better games, not even close..

"better" is subjective. If you love basketball or are a museum collecting rare games... star trek and WD are not "better" at all.

Which game would a museum want... one of 10K or more star trek or WD pro's OR 1 of 350 NBA's?

I'll sell it for at least $4500. Thanks. I don't need anymore advice on pricing the game or its current value.

#27 4 years ago

edit duplicate

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

"better" is subjective. If you love basketball or are a museum collecting rare games... star trek and WD are not "better" at all.

Most buyers think ST and WD are better, that's why they're selling and your game is not.

I'm actually kinda interested in NBA, but not nearly enough to meet your asking price.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

<Rolleyes> Not everyone is ranked in the top 1000 and wants to buy a NIB at a certain specific time once a year. Not everyone wants to go to a show to buy a slightly used game after the show is over and the game has been beat on all weekend.
Show me 1 distributor that will sell any NIB game with shipping & tax included for a price of $5300. Just one. Seriously. You said it's possible. Show me.
Keep in mind you just said... "sterns pro's are not 6k NIB. I just bought Iron Maiden pro NIB for $4900. $5050 shipped to my door."... as if anyone can buy an iron maiden for $5050 shipped to their home.
The fact is that stern pros ARE over $6000 out the door. with tax and shipping. Can you get a deal if you're a great player or want a used (nib) expo used game... sure. But most folks aren't buying a NIB stern with tax and shipping for $5050.

Since stern has that price locking system and distributors are publicly not allowed to give price breaks, that's not possible. Do check your distributors around your area and you can find them well under 6k.

#30 4 years ago

This game isnt worth 4500. Not a chance. 3 months for sale should have proven that by now.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

This game isnt worth 4500

I would have to agree. I spent over two years trying to find a collector quality NBA and this one came up for sale around the same time I found a cq one. Part of the problem is the sellers basketball is completely worn and that part is un-obtainable(good luck finding one). I believe this was the machine that was located at an army base for some time? I suspect the shooter lane(please post a pic) is marred up as well and the machine is what I consider to be in routed-condition. It is a very rare game but the condition and price are not reflective of the current market. I would end the listing and re-list later for a more reasonable price considering the condition of the machine. I value the sellers routed NBA at around $3600-$3900. Good luck with the sale-it is a really fun game and has become a favorite amongst my guest that visit.

#32 4 years ago

If these went to China they’re well hidden! I’ve scoured Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou looking for pinball. It’s not real popular over here.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

If these went to China they’re well hidden!

Here is my guestimate in regards to NBA: I guess that Stern made 100-150 total machines for the run. 30-50 to China?(Special made for China)maybe located in wealthy homes?, 50 to Canada/Northeast region(seems to be where most are located?) and 50 to various OP's that put them on location and they are now beat. This game west of the Mississippi is very rare.

#34 4 years ago

Only chiming in as you asked for opinions. You shouldn't really base a used game off of current NIB prices, by that same logic Avengers or WPT should be worth 4,500 but they clearly aren't. Used Prices are primarily dictated by popularity, not by what stern is charging right now. I'd say 4k might yield a sale.. GLWS brotherrrr

#35 4 years ago

Wonder how this compares to Fastbreak? Looks like a nice game one day I'll own one..

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Wonder how this compares to Fastbreak? Looks like a nice game one day I'll own one..

Fastbreak is the best basketball game out there.... I would rank them Fastbreak>Shaq Attack>Space Jam>Stern NBA>Hoops

#37 4 years ago

I’m no expert, but I tend to agree. Keep it priced as is to allow for some wiggle room.

#38 4 years ago

Is this the same gameplay as Space Jam? Looks like it.

#39 4 years ago

I can clear up this with one statement. if your game is priced right it will be gone within a month tops. I've sold all mine within two to three weeks, a month tops however their priced accordingly. If you're still holding on to it after a month reduce the price if you want it to sell. Otherwise keep hoping that an idiot with more money than brains will come along.

#40 4 years ago

I'm good guys. I don't need anymore help valuing the game thank you. I have taken all your advice into consideration.

Thanks again and no need to bestow upon me any more wisdom about stern NBA. Happy new year!

#41 4 years ago

I think we've been officially shut down! Seriously, GLWTS.

2 weeks later
#42 4 years ago

Cute how you included Kobe in your description. He's been dead less than 12 hours. How do you sleep at night.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Cute how you included Kobe in your description. He's been dead less than 12 hours. Hope you can sleep well at night.

Yep, i guess he is trying to capitalize on his death. It was overpriced before and now it’s a deal? Pretty sad way to try to sell it

#44 4 years ago

wow - that's despicable.

#45 4 years ago

What a horribly sleazy thing to do.

#46 4 years ago

I doubt kobe dying will change the value of this one anyway and since this game has sat for months you are obviously priced high.

#47 4 years ago

I had to take a double take at the listing description. Who would do that? Sad...

#48 4 years ago

Just look at the rest of the thread. Should be fairly easy to tell this seller doesn’t give a shit and is trolling.

#49 4 years ago

Similar to all of the goofs trying to sell Ali pins for $5k+ when he died.

#50 4 years ago

I honestly came to marketplace after the Kobe thread for some distraction, some solace and saw the blatant new title of this POS trying to sell his wares and couldn't believe it. Some people have no bottom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nba-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.