View topic image gallery

2795F845-D6DC-4BA5-94DA-4AD7FC86B4BB (resized).jpeg
20210309_061828 (resized).jpg
20210309_061813 (resized).jpg
20210309_061832 (resized).jpg
20210309_064111 (resized).jpg
20210309_064515 (resized).jpg
20210309_064801 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Mystery Castle

Added: 2021-03-08 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (May 13th, 2021) • Ended: May 22nd, 2021
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

4 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 5,000

Item description

I have a super rare Alvan G Mystery Castle.

Pros:
Game is recently shopped with LEDs
Plays great
Good cosmetics

Cons
Power supply has a GI hack
Right ramp has a crack in it by the entrance

Trades considered for new stern LCD games.

Having a hard time uploading all the pictures I have. Message me for more pictures including the cracked ramp and power supply

Item photos

20210309_061813 (resized).jpg
20210309_061828 (resized).jpg
20210309_061832 (resized).jpg
20210309_064111 (resized).jpg
20210309_064515 (resized).jpg
20210309_064801 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are the96stang's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to the96stang's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Enfield, CT, US

#2 3 years ago

I read that it's a fun game to play with great sounds and light show.

#3 3 years ago

Excited for mine to come in this week from Florida. GLWS!

#5 3 years ago

Will straight trade for LZ pro. JP Pro. DP pro.

Will trade for bksor Munsters or GB plus cash.

#8 3 years ago

Wish you were closer. I'd trade just to have a nicer one. It is a great game.

1 week later
#12 3 years ago

I think more pics (especially the ramp crack and power supply hack) may help?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I think more pics (especially the ramp crack and power supply hack) may help?

They are too large for pinside. I can email them or text them to any interested party.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

They are too large for pinside. I can email them or text them to any interested party.

Google photos or imgur works better for large images. Can just share a link that way.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Google photos or imgur works better

agreed

2 weeks later
#19 2 years ago

Stupid cheap money for this game.

#21 2 years ago

Hard pass.

2795F845-D6DC-4BA5-94DA-4AD7FC86B4BB (resized).jpeg2795F845-D6DC-4BA5-94DA-4AD7FC86B4BB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#22 2 years ago

Not willing to ship. This game is so rare. Want the buyer to see it in person.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

If there was any way it could be arranged for someone local (if there's someone I can trust) to pick up the game and ship it to me, that's a service I would consider paying for.

Hoping to significantly mod this game one day.

My only concern was if the GI hack prevents programmed (if any) lighting effects (and if so, what it takes to fix).

Not worried about typical issues after shipping.

#24 2 years ago

I have had people offer me more than this for mine, and it's never been for sale.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If there was any way it could be arranged for someone local (if there's someone I can trust) to pick up the game and ship it to me, that's a service I would consider paying for.
My only concern was if the GI hack prevents programmed (if any) lighting effects (and if so, what it takes to fix).

The gi on alvin g's is notorious for blowing. It will not only burn up the plug and header pins like a williams, but it can burn the trace off the board. I have only seen that one time in the 5 I have owned. All of the power supplies were repairable though.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have had people offer me more than this for mine, and it's never been for sale.

I have had offers of much more than this for mine, BUT all of them were out of state. One was in europe. OP is severely limiting himself by not allowing shipping which is what is killing his sale.

#26 2 years ago

remember that guy who paid like 7800 for one and thought he got a good deal?

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not worried about typical issues after shipping.

Brush up on your pinduino skills! I think it would be really cool if you pulled something like this off!

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Brush up on your pinduino skills! I think it would be really cool if you pulled something like this off!

There's lots I'd like to learn in the coding realm (would like to build a full game one day), but adding interactive features and a castle set filled out more like Alice Cooper would be my primary interest here if I ever get one. Unfortunately never saw the one in FL that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Been on my Pinside wishlist since March 2016

#28 2 years ago

Damn. Wish this was just a little closer to Philly. Would offer a trade.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Damn. Wish this was just a little closer to Philly. Would offer a trade.

Id make the drive

#31 2 years ago

Not quite sure why Rolpa downvoted your bump. Maybe mad that you will not hand deliver a pin, that in a previous post, he expressed a desire.

#32 2 years ago

Why is it always the wrong coast?

#33 2 years ago

Post more pics and you'll get more action....I'm not sure what is so hard about it - this thing should be long gone....Is the lack of photos by design?

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Sell it and ship it to me and I may be able to help ColorDMD it!

#35 2 years ago

Medina to Enfield is only 248 miles each way anyway. Walk in the park.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sell it and ship it to me and I may be able to help ColorDMD it!

If as described, I'd like to see this game sold to you. It would be a valuable contribution to the hobby to have it colored. I do hope to find a nicer one to mod one day (after AMH, modding obscure, spooky-themed games will perhaps be my MO [if not already]--I'm really hoping a game comes along that fittingly inspires something truly disturbing and gory [though there's some disturbing potential with Mystery Castle]).

However, since my public post about shipping, I've unfortunately been contacted by multiple friends/customers in the hobby to be wary of this seller (perhaps explaining the down-votes, and sitting for over two months).

First time an attempt to acquire a machine has been so bizarre.

#37 2 years ago

I had sent a PM for photos. Did you receive it?

Thanks
Chris

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've unfortunately been contacted by multiple friends/customers in the hobby to be wary of this seller

I did not have much interest in this thread until i read this comment.
Now my interest is peaked.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

However, since my public post about shipping, I've unfortunately been contacted by multiple friends/customers in the hobby to be wary of this seller (perhaps explaining the down-votes, and sitting for over two months).

Most people outside of New England do not love me. I do not ship, so it makes people mad. It's okay though. The game will sell just fine. I have full price offers to drag it to Allentown, just not sure I'm going to make it down there.

I've sold over a thousand games. If this one sells or it doesn't it is what it is.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If as described, I'd like to see this game sold to you. It would be a valuable contribution to the hobby to have it colored. I do hope to find a nicer one to mod one day (after AMH, modding obscure, spooky-themed games will perhaps be my MO [if not already]--I'm really hoping a game comes along that fittingly inspires something truly disturbing and gory [though there's some disturbing potential with Mystery Castle]).
First time an attempt to acquire a machine has been so bizarre.

Ive helped color 5 games. GI, BR,W?D,PM, and Hurricane. I need the game to do it.

Quoted from the96stang:

Most people outside of New England do not love me. I do not ship, so it makes people mad. It's okay though.

Dear OP, dude its your game, im ok with your decision not to ship.
But, for the over all greater good and development of pinball. Coloring this game would be Amazing.
If you change your mind please PM me.
Glws.
Eric

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Most people outside of New England do not love me. I do not ship, so it makes people mad. It's okay though. The game will sell just fine. I have full price offers to drag it to Allentown, just not sure I'm going to make it down there.
I've sold over a thousand games. If this one sells or it doesn't it is what it is.

I'm not "mad." I respect your decision (despite the odd information I've received). The person I had lined up to ship the game (you didn't have to) had kind words to say about you, so I thought this may go through.

Of course you're aware I've sold thousands of mods as well, and Eric has contributed to the hobby beyond most of us (his work is invaluable).

You seem to be offering a good deal on a project machine, and it's a shame it won't go to someone that can give back to the community.

#42 2 years ago

I had my MC (literally probably one of the nicest ones in existence, perfect all around) shipped about 1200 miles with CRST no problems. I guess to each their own with shipping, and the seller of mine would have been hesitant had I not worked on games for a living, but it arrived just fine.

ColorDMD would be amazing for this machine, would love to see it go to Eric for that alone. I'm not sure what the process is for helping with a ColorDMD transfer, but I'm pretty technological, if I had some guidance, I'm sure I could help get whoever whatever they needed for it too if Eric doesn't end up with this one.

#43 2 years ago

Any attempt to ColorDMD this game would be most welcome, but keep in mind there are multiple versions of the ROMs available and the latest version (v3) has animations that are not included in earlier versions.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Most people outside of New England do not love me. I do not ship, so it makes people mad.

that's so bizarre.

#45 2 years ago

Very cool looking game.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Not quite sure why Rolpa downvoted your bump. Maybe mad that you will not hand deliver a pin, that in a previous post, he expressed a desire.

Maybe he corrected, but I see two upvotes.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Ack! That was honestly meant to be an upvote. I mostly view PinSide on mobile and have big clumsy Italian hands. We did try to work out a trade but just couldn't get there, no biggie.

Seller seems like a decent guy, I hold no ill will. If I had the cash on hand and the room in my place (I have neither) I would seriously consider making the drive.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Id make the drive

So, make the drive then.

Problem solved, game sold.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So, make the drive then.
Problem solved, game sold.

I think that was in the context of a potential trade.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm not "mad." I respect your decision (despite the odd information I've received). The person I had lined up to ship the game (you didn't have to) had kind words to say about you, so I thought this may go through.
Of course you're aware I've sold thousands of mods as well, and Eric has contributed to the hobby beyond most of us (his work is invaluable).
You seem to be offering a good deal on a project machine, and it's a shame it won't go to someone that can give back to the community.

Unless it’s Cunningham (who’s retired) or Rixzilla I don’t trust anyone else to ship. You guys are nuts to actually trust STI. “White glove” LOL I’ve seen way way WAAAAY too many damaged games and rejected insurance claims.

Brian is an A++ Seller and shipping is a crapshoot. Doesn’t matter if you’ve shipped 400 times without issue. I’ve worked in warehouses and sold equipment that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. All it takes is a new guy on the fork truck or one of the dock hands just smoked a bowl and he’s high as a kite and boom, your rare machine is now destroyed. Doesn’t matter to the shippers lol, just deliver it and let the customer refuse and they can deal with insurance.

Just by those experiences alone I will NEVER ship a game, unless the proven best.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-mystery-castle-5?hl=rolpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.