Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by stevevt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11E6F5C1-69E9-4FF0-97AB-DC1BE7BD23CD (resized).jpeg
EA7ACB11-9299-4AF0-8BCC-45E17662D6FA (resized).jpeg
3F0BF340-3B85-4FC5-A7AE-8128F771F0E2 (resized).jpeg
FE9905D6-2297-4EEC-942C-55C84F518EC7 (resized).jpeg
E3143D9B-CF8F-4507-BDCC-FAFCF5157F6B (resized).jpeg
05FF4FD9-171B-46FC-8DF2-73325FFBD1C6 (resized).jpeg
C452136E-FC13-4FEB-8908-9CB1CCC66083 (resized).jpeg
BFBEBF23-3960-4AF3-9440-A61CE96339DF (resized).jpeg
37A83845-04D6-47BC-BF92-B92709A7A6FE (resized).jpeg
ECFA2BCF-9ECA-45F1-897E-CB01AF412DB7 (resized).jpeg
E9A1AE2C-C471-416D-B659-E71B3039ECFA (resized).jpeg
2065C542-F683-4D2B-959E-6B26B590D202 (resized).jpeg
7484B1F8-55CA-479F-8759-B35A4576C3A0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 6 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Mustang (Pro)

Added: November 18th, 2019 Ended: November 24th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Item description

We just received this immaculate HUO with fewer than 500 plays as part of a package and set it up in our home. It’s in phenomenal shape, and everything seems to work great, but it’s just not a theme we can use at our facility. As far as we know, it’s all original (except a single, fluke rubber that gave out), and I don’t see any mods. Gorgeous art on this. We’d prefer a local pickup so you can see the phenomenal condition, but we’re open to shipping if you arrange and pay for it.

Item photos

05FF4FD9-171B-46FC-8DF2-73325FFBD1C6 (resized).jpeg
2065C542-F683-4D2B-959E-6B26B590D202 (resized).jpeg
37A83845-04D6-47BC-BF92-B92709A7A6FE (resized).jpeg
3F0BF340-3B85-4FC5-A7AE-8128F771F0E2 (resized).jpeg
7484B1F8-55CA-479F-8759-B35A4576C3A0 (resized).jpeg
BFBEBF23-3960-4AF3-9440-A61CE96339DF (resized).jpeg
C452136E-FC13-4FEB-8908-9CB1CCC66083 (resized).jpeg
E3143D9B-CF8F-4507-BDCC-FAFCF5157F6B (resized).jpeg
E9A1AE2C-C471-416D-B659-E71B3039ECFA (resized).jpeg
EA7ACB11-9299-4AF0-8BCC-45E17662D6FA (resized).jpeg
ECFA2BCF-9ECA-45F1-897E-CB01AF412DB7 (resized).jpeg
FE9905D6-2297-4EEC-942C-55C84F518EC7 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Milwaukee, WI, US

Seller insights

These are Poopiehead's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Poopiehead's stats page

#2 6 months ago

Sent you a PM, I'm interested but as an previous owner of a 400 play Mustang, this game seems to have has way more plays than that. Guessing 400 +plays since the code was updated, and many more before that. The edge in front and behind the drop targets is a great indicator of the amount of plays. Can you take a picture of the shooter lane where the ball sits?

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

The edge in front and behind the drop targets is a great indicator of the amount of plays.

I have a Pro, about 800 plays and mine doesn't look anywhere near as worn as that and there are so many dimples in that one picture the pf is almost flat. I'd say about 4000 plays. You don't see Mustang come up for sale often so GLWS.

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a Pro, about 800 plays and mine doesn't look anywhere near as worn as that and there are so many dimples in that one picture the pf is almost flat. I'd say about 4000 plays. You don't see Mustang come up for sale often so GLWS.

I think you are being kind.. I had a SAM game with drops and it had 13k plays... the edges didn't look as bad as this game. I don't like crapping on peoples posts but saying the game is Immaculate when there is a chunk of the head graphics missing, along with several scratches to the right side of the head along with the front lower corner of the head chewed up, along with the missing chunk of decal on the front near the lockdown bar, and the chips all in the front of the lockdown bar itself, the dried up spill on the front of the cabinet under the lockdown bar, the wear by the start button edge, the lollypop side rails that scream that they are covering flipper button wear... and that is what I can see with the pics posted.

I don't like people mis-representing games and new to pinball buyers getting taken. Not saying this is the case here but I would look real careful and get way more pics ( a proper shooter lane pic would tell lots... that one posted throws up red flags lol) Id say this game has at least 10k pays if not more considering the dimples on the one pic.

#5 6 months ago

Undocumented because it was not HUO.

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from Poopiehead:

HUO with fewer than 500 plays

At least one of these things is incorrect. Probably both.

#7 6 months ago

Nice half picture of the shooter lane

#8 6 months ago

With the wear and the coin return buttons not even having matching pricing on them I would guess this is a routed machine with updated code.

#9 6 months ago

4,461 plays

#10 6 months ago

I am glad you guys pointed this all out. Was thinking of making the 90 minute trip to check it out. Value of this machine now that it seems as if it was a routed piece?

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am glad you guys pointed this all out. Was thinking of making the 90 minute trip to check it out. Value of this machine now that it seems as if it was a routed piece?

Nicer looking Mustangs have sold for $4000, but these don't come up for sale too often so I could see someone paying $3800 for this one if it is a game they really want.

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Nicer looking Mustangs have sold for $4000, but these don't come up for sale too often so I could see someone paying $3800 for this one if it is a game they really want.

I took $3700 for mine last year and it was flawless, like not even fingerprints on it flawless, with truly 400-ish plays, had a sub, shaker, and tach mod. Took me 6 months to sell. No way would I pay $3800 for this game. Low 3s at best. I cant imagine what the shooter lane looks like along with the dirt that is probably inside.

#13 6 months ago

I looked at this game. Sticker on back says Midwest Gaming Sales and Leasing. Inventory Number xxx. Tried google search, not much info. Looked under the pf, lots of black finger prints. At least one flipper coils was not original. Shooter lane, not so pretty as expected. I'm sure there's a few others things. Not 400 plays for sure. I tried to educate her with a pic of one of my HUO games with less than 1k plays. Told her that things get reset when you do an upgrade. No goodie bag, but did have manual (black finger prints as well). I did not buy it. Not trying to bash the game, just posting this so others know what to expect. Said she had 3 others in line, I think she was texting the next in line, or her husband, before I left .

#14 6 months ago

This is the first game I’ve sold, and the first one that we’ve gotten (aside from new) in this good shape. We were just passing on what the seller told us, which seems legit; that he bought it from a dealer and used it in his basement. If it was routed, it must have been the least popular arcade ever.

We have a dozen machines on location, and none look this nice, but as the listing says we’re open to offers. Here’s the total coin plays, for what that’s worth, though someone did reach out to say that this could be flashed, too.

11E6F5C1-69E9-4FF0-97AB-DC1BE7BD23CD (resized).jpeg
#15 6 months ago
Quoted from Poopiehead:

This is the first game I’ve sold, and the first one that we’ve gotten (aside from new) in this good shape. We were just passing on what the seller told us, which seems legit; that he bought it from a dealer and used it in his basement. If it was routed, it must have been the least popular arcade ever.
We have a dozen machines on location, and none look this nice, but as the listing says we’re open to offers. Here’s the total coin plays, for what that’s worth, though someone did reach out to say that this could be flashed, too.[quoted image]

Please stop trying to promote it as something it isnt. Look at the ball tracks on the ramps. That takes 1000's of games. My best guess is 6000+ games on this one. Resetting the counter is so simple. That is not the original number of plays.

#16 6 months ago

Geeze...this coming from someone representing a popular location here in WI is really disappointing. I'm sorry, but this is blatant misrepresentation. All you have to do is look at the area around the drop targets front and center to see that this machine has seen some very heavy play. It also looks like that scoop cliffy is covering up some major wear. And like others have pointed out, you left out the important / telling part of the shooter lane. I'm guessing it ain't pretty. There is also a good chance those lollipop siderails were added to cover up wear around the flipper buttons (or hopefully they were added before routing to avoid that).

I am sorry if you were lied to about this machines history, but the evidence is right there, and very clear, that this game is not as you are describing it. Quite frankly, Bounce has been in the game long enough to know better. Just because you were taken doesn't mean you should pass that along to someone who doesn't know any better. Very not cool.

#17 6 months ago

Wow I didnt even notice the side rails.

Definitely a routed game. With the side rails to cover wear and the pricing card removed from one of the coin return buttons.

I would put money on this game being routed, then cleaned up by a distributor and then resold to the family the OP bought it from.

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from Poopiehead:

We were just passing on what the seller told us, which seems legit; that he bought it from a dealer and used it in his basement.

I believe the seller bought it from a dealer, just wasnt new when they bought it.

#19 6 months ago

Sounds like you picked the right name for your account.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I looked at this game. Sticker on back says Midwest Gaming Sales and Leasing. Inventory Number xxx. Tried google search, not much info. Looked under the pf, lots of black finger prints. At least one flipper coils was not original. Shooter lane, not so pretty as expected. I'm sure there's a few others things. Not 400 plays for sure. I tried to educate her with a pic of one of my HUO games with less than 1k plays. Told her that things get reset when you do an upgrade. No goodie bag, but did have manual (black finger prints as well). I did not buy it. Not trying to bash the game, just posting this so others know what to expect. Said she had 3 others in line, I think she was texting the next in line, or her husband, before I left .

Pretty sure midwest gaming sales is the same company that supplies the games for headquarters in Chicago. I know they had one on location but I don't remember if it's been pulled. He is on pinside too.

EDIT... Just checked a game I bought from Niel (supplier of the games for headquarters) and it has the same sticker. If the OP bought this from him I highly doubt Neil would lie about the games history and status.

I'd bet good money this was on the floor at headquarters in Chicago for a few years at least

#21 6 months ago

I’d be interested in the low 3’s

#22 6 months ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Thats what I PMd the OP.. all its worth.

Also still waiting on my shooter lane pic I asked for when it was first posted... assuming that will never come.

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Exactly. My offer is $3200. Someone that wants it bad could pay $3400. The description being so far off keeps me on the low end.

#24 6 months ago

Well somebody just got taken.... Cant wait to see the buyer list the game in the future spouting the same BS HUO 400 plays crap because that is what they were sold

This game was the routed game from Headquarters in Chicago ( River North.... I personally put on 400 plays on this game myself( not kidding). All of their games are on free play and the reason there was no earnings showing. Probably had 20k plays PLUS as literally every minute on the weekends people are playing all of their pins constantly...

There should be a way to highlight sellers that misrepresent games to protect others.

Needless to say, the OP will never get a dollar of mine. SMH...Just disappointed in people.

#25 6 months ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

This game was the routed game from Headquarters in Chicago ( River North.... I personally put on 400 plays on this game myself( not kidding). All of their games are on free play and the reason there was no earnings showing. Probably had 20k plays PLUS as literally every minute on the weekends people are p

Well, that explains why the coin door looks so nice. And the start button, not so much.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside