• 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150813_141122.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#28 8 years ago

With all the 8k+ games flooding the market I think this is clear evidence of the market getting saturated.

Although, looking closer at the pictures, around the legs where it is black, it appears someone has filled in the black with marker and/or paint? It's hard to see in the pics but I know it doesn't look right compared to how it should look. Also, it's strange that someone would remove the original lockdown bars off the front cabinet (but yet leave the holes showing?). Also, looking at the playfield closer I do believe that is a reproduction playfield (not an original) that someone swapped in at some point?

I think 8K is a really good price and this game looks really good overall but there are still a few issues there. GLWS.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I removed the lockdown bars...since it's in a home, there is no need for them (however they are in the coin box if someone really wants to reinstall them).
Other than the mods I've listed, everything is original. I have no idea why you think the PF is a reproduction.
As for as the black around the legs...as everyone knows, this title is notorious for "leg crinkle". To "fix" the crinkle, it's common to cut the crinkle out and install Stern style leg protectors (which I did). The black you see is some touchup where the crinkle was cut away. It's all there in the photos. Other than the crinkle, the ORIGINAL decals are in great condition...

Absolutely about the wrinkle around the legs, very common. I'm just seeing a lot more black there than the decals come with so it appeared to me there was a fair amount of touch up and being black it is usually hard to tell in photos how it really looks in person.

As for my comment on the playfield, typically you don't just see the wrinkling around the legs for no reason. It usually happens with a moderate amount of play. To see an MB playfield with zero Drac track wear (and with no cliffy there) as well as what appears to be zero wear in the shooter lane would be unusual to say the least (not to mention how clean the underside is compared to the bottom of the cabinet). You stated you bought the game in 2011 so I'm curious how well you know the history to know a new playfield was not installed? Perhaps an NOS playfield was installed or replaced at some point? But that's a very tough NOS playfield to find. You should see the factory stamp on the side of it denoting it as an original and I know a couple differences between the repros and the originals.

REGARDLESS, don't get me wrong, this is a great looking game and a very good price! AND full disclosure, I did offer 8K to the seller myself.

3 weeks later
#48 8 years ago

A reasonable price considering what some have been going for over the last 1-2 years. But man, if you owned this for 4.5 years you had to make a good $3000-3500 profit from what you paid (I think I sold mine around 4 years ago for 5700 with a new set of decals). The price on this title just jumped so fast in such a short period of time it's nice to see it settling back to something a little bit more reasonable.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since this isn't a business for me, I'm happy to disclose the numbers. Paid $5,200 in March 2011. Added ~1,200 in upgrades. Sold for $8,400. Profit was 2k...quite a bit less than your estimate.
If a refake isn't done for this title and the buyer keeps it for 2-4 years, I bet he does well on the resale as well Nothing would make me happier.

$1200 must include some significant upgrades! But yes, I'm not surprised by your purchase price and I'll just add that I think there is nothing wrong in your case of being fortunate enough to make a little money on a game. You enjoyed it for more than 4 years so you clearly are in it for the love of the game and not for making a buck. Congrats on the sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-williams-1998?tu=PinChili and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.