DSC08157_(resized).JPG
DSC08156_(resized).JPG
DSC08155_(resized).JPG
DSC08154_(resized).JPG
DSC08153_(resized).JPG
DSC08152_(resized).JPG
DSC08151_(resized).JPG
MB.htm25_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vinnypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Monster Bash (Williams, 1998)

Added: 2016-06-23 00:25:07 UTC • Ended: July 23rd, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 12,500

Selling for a friend's widow. He purchased this game after I saw an ad for it near where he lived about a year ago. He went and bought it on the spot and passed away less than a year after. Not much to say. I've seen and played the game. Don't have documentation per say to prove it was HUO, but I do remember the correspondence between him and the seller, and may be able to find/provide that. I will be picking the game up and going through every nut/bolt/bulb/rubber to ensure that it is in perfect condition mechanically/electronically and cosmetically. Won't need much, but serious inquiries can contact me for more details. I will NOT have pictures until I get the game (hopefully within the month) but those who know me, can trust that this game is in tip top unrestored original condition, and as such, can be confident that's what they'll be purchasing. Thanks for looking.

Item photos

MB.htm1_(resized).jpg
MB.htm3_(resized).jpg
MB.htm4_(resized).jpg
MB.htm5_(resized).jpg
MB.htm6_(resized).jpg
MB.htm7_(resized).jpg
MB.htm8_(resized).jpg
MB.htm9_(resized).jpg
MB.htm10_(resized).jpg
MB.htm11_(resized).jpg
MB.htm12_(resized).jpg
MB.htm13_(resized).jpg
MB.htm14_(resized).jpg
MB.htm15_(resized).jpg
MB.htm16_(resized).jpg
MB.htm17_(resized).jpg
MB.htm18_(resized).jpg
MB.htm19_(resized).jpg
MB.htm20_(resized).jpg
MB.htm21_(resized).jpg
MB.htm22_(resized).jpg
MB.htm23_(resized).jpg
MB.htm24_(resized).jpg
MB.htm25_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Vinnypin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Vinnypin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Charlotte, NC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95

#13 7 years ago

You can all kiss my big fat ASS if you don't like my post, my price, or anything else about me. Your completely unconstructive criticism is unwarranted, unnecessary, and flat out immature. But before you go telling me I should get a thicker skin, know that as a Sicilian from New York, I've got a thicker skin, than all the acne cream slathered on your faces combined. That's pretty thick I hear.

If you don't like my price? Fine, keep your mouth shut and move on. Or better yet, read Lady Sling Shot's post and be constructive and kind. I have no idea who appointed you Pinball price police in the first place and I don't give a rat's ass even if you DO have a badge from a Cracker Jack box.

Where did I get this price? From the original sale. It is an absolutely 100% HUO game. The original seller sold it for 14K to my dear friend who for those of you who can't seem to care enough to put 2 and 2 together, has passed away. His wife, asked me to set that price, since as you might infer, she could use the money at the moment. Did I say the game might not fetch that kind of money? Of course I did. Do I know what the market is for this game? Absolutely, I've been doing this for 20 years you little snots. Did I ever say it wasn't negotiable? No, I didn't. Do any of you little arrogant bastards understand the rules of negotiation? Obviously not, but my entire career was based on just that. Negotiation.. And at 45 I'm retired and living well in a nice Southern climate staying away from the likes of Pinside etc. to avoid ASSHATS like yourselves!

As for Shlock and the rest of the minority faction of sane and mentally un-challenged pinheads still left out there, I thank you for your kindness over the years, the positivity you still display, and the well wishes for my friend and his family.

Back to the business of selling this game.
I have contacted the original owner, and plan on getting the oh so necessary pictures needed by all before moving forward with any negotiation. The game was originally sold to him in 1998 by Greater Southern recreation. My friend bought the game from him in February 2013, and it's been in his home since then. It's never been more than 50 miles from Atlanta since it was unboxed. I saw it last summer, and it was obvious that it saw minimal use, had no decal wrinkling (leg protectors installed as well), no insert issues, or any other problems. It literally looked like it was just pulled from the box. The playfield had a few bulbs out, and it needed a wax, but other than that, it was absolutely pristine. Now if you need a picture to show you what that looks like, I can't help right now. And while I don't expect anyone to purchase this game without pictures and of course a close personal inspection, I'm happy to provide BOTH when I have the game back in my hands and can polish it up and as mentioned go through it personally before it goes to a new home.

I have bought and sold literally hundreds of games in my life. I have owned hundreds of games, and still own a fair collection of exceptional, collectable games. Some that are literally one of a kind, or extremely rare. Not once have I had a sale come back to me due to the buyer being unhappy with the game, or owing to me trying to make more of the game than what it actually was. We always came to a price that both sides were agreeable to, and I was and still am happy to help when the need arises. I don't plan on changing that formula anytime soon.

So if anyone is interested in buying a truly HUO and LOW USE Monster Bash, and would like more info, I am happy to discuss the details as necessary with them.

Vinny

#22 7 years ago

Just got these from the ORIGINAL owner and seller this morning. And for the record, I never stated I "thought" it was an HUO game, rather that I know it IS a HUO game, but I personally did not have the documentation to PROVE it. I spoke with the first owner/seller of the game this morning, and he will vouch for it's authenticity, but this game was purchased with cash, in 1998 and back then, even this collector didn't think anything of the purchase he'd just made in regards to keeping a purchase receipt. Please show me the dozens of HUO games out there that DO have their original receipts back from before the year 2000 and I'll be sure to eat as much crow as you can feed me.

Here's the 24 pictures he took of the game to send to my friend who purchased the game and moved it for the first time since it had been out if it's original box. It still resides in the exact spot it was moved to, and has been played certainly less than 100 times since he owned it, (and I daresay, it could be less than 50) knowing how long he had it, and how often he played. No children, no pets, just himself. I think he admired the game more than he played it as it sat amongst his dozens of jukeboxes, and other coin op collectables.

#23 7 years ago

MB.htm1_(resized).jpgMB.htm1_(resized).jpg

MB.htm4_(resized).jpgMB.htm4_(resized).jpg

MB.htm5_(resized).jpgMB.htm5_(resized).jpg

MB.htm2_(resized).jpgMB.htm2_(resized).jpg

MB.htm6_(resized).jpgMB.htm6_(resized).jpg

MB.htm7_(resized).jpgMB.htm7_(resized).jpg

MB.htm3_(resized).jpgMB.htm3_(resized).jpg

MB.htm9_(resized).jpgMB.htm9_(resized).jpg

MB.htm10_(resized).jpgMB.htm10_(resized).jpg

MB.htm8_(resized).jpgMB.htm8_(resized).jpg

MB.htm11_(resized).jpgMB.htm11_(resized).jpg

MB.htm12_(resized).jpgMB.htm12_(resized).jpg

MB.htm14_(resized).jpgMB.htm14_(resized).jpg

MB.htm16_(resized).jpgMB.htm16_(resized).jpg

MB.htm15_(resized).jpgMB.htm15_(resized).jpg

MB.htm17_(resized).jpgMB.htm17_(resized).jpg

MB.htm13_(resized).jpgMB.htm13_(resized).jpg

MB.htm18_(resized).jpgMB.htm18_(resized).jpg

MB.htm21_(resized).jpgMB.htm21_(resized).jpg

MB.htm22_(resized).jpgMB.htm22_(resized).jpg

MB.htm23_(resized).jpgMB.htm23_(resized).jpg

MB.htm24_(resized).jpgMB.htm24_(resized).jpg

MB.htm25_(resized).jpgMB.htm25_(resized).jpg

MB.htm19_(resized).jpgMB.htm19_(resized).jpg

MB.htm20_(resized).jpgMB.htm20_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

Once again, I appreciate all the level headed comments, especially from veterans like TeeKee and BK, whom I've "known" since the early RGP days. As I've already told one prospective buyer, I'm reflecting ALL offers to the current estate owner, and while I will be advising her on what I think the mkt will bear on this one, it is not me making the ultimate decision. I don't know her situation specifically, but she has told me she wants to sell, so it's in her hands, not mine. Of course any sale through Pinside will be properly compensated to the site, and all notice of it's sale will be made on this post.

Thanks,
Vinny

#51 7 years ago

Hi O-din,
Yes, I will be taking more pictures of the game once I go through it, including with the legs off so the corners can bee seen entirely. I'll also be taking pictures of the underside of the playfield as well as the back of the head, and inside the cabinet and head to show the condition.

Because I won't have the game until roughly a week from this coming Saturday, and those pictures won't be available until then, the seller wishes to hold out on the offers she's received so far until some time for the new pictures to be displayed has been allowed.

There have been 3 solid offers so far, and her reply was simply I'd like to wait a little longer, and I'm hoping for a bit better price.

For a clue as to what I think that means, I figure above 10K, but there is certainly room below the 12,500 asking at this point.

Thanks again for the offers, the kind words for the seller, and those that have some confidence that I'm working to do my best for both sides here.

I promise to keep updating this thread as necessary as well as stay in private contact with all those that have expressed interest.

Vinny

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

do you plan on adding LED's or a color DMD?

To Haymaker,

My choice would be to leave this game as original as possible. However, if at the buyer's request, and with proper deposit/payment and agreement, I'd be happy to get and install LED's or color DMD if requested.

Since those items are essentially plug and play, I'd prefer to sell the game in original condition though. You wouldn't expect a NIB game to have those items, and I'd like people to think this is essentially the next best thing to NIB at this point.

Vinny

1 week later
#66 7 years ago

As promised,
Game was picked up yesterday, I took some pictures of the game this morning, including the corners of the cabinet, etc. Game is as nice as I remember. No issues, Started right up, no bulbs out (guess I replaced them when I saw the game last), no credit dot, just a really nice, low use HUO game. Manuals and keys included. Have several interested parties locally that are viewing the game this week. Once they have had a chance to see the game, and make any offers, I will be reflecting them to the seller. I suspect she will take the best offer at the end of this week and sell the game. Any further questions or interest from this forum, please let me know now. Thanks.

DSC08151_(resized).JPGDSC08151_(resized).JPG

DSC08152_(resized).JPGDSC08152_(resized).JPG

DSC08153_(resized).JPGDSC08153_(resized).JPG

DSC08154_(resized).JPGDSC08154_(resized).JPG

DSC08155_(resized).JPGDSC08155_(resized).JPG

DSC08156_(resized).JPGDSC08156_(resized).JPG

DSC08157_(resized).JPGDSC08157_(resized).JPG

DSC08158_(resized).JPGDSC08158_(resized).JPG

DSC08159_(resized).JPGDSC08159_(resized).JPG

DSC08160_(resized).JPGDSC08160_(resized).JPG

DSC08161_(resized).JPGDSC08161_(resized).JPG

DSC08162_(resized).JPGDSC08162_(resized).JPG

DSC08163_(resized).JPGDSC08163_(resized).JPG

DSC08164_(resized).JPGDSC08164_(resized).JPG

DSC08165_(resized).JPGDSC08165_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#68 7 years ago

As promised, I'm updating this thread with the conclusion of the sale of this truly awesome pin. Today, a local buyer came, and took the game home to his collection. I believe he was as awed by it's condition as I have been since seeing it for the first time. Other than the extremely minor wear around the corners of the cabinet, and only the minute hint of ball travel on the playfield, the game could literally have passed for NIB.

I will not disclose the price, other than to say that both the seller and buyer agreed on a number. For the curious, it was substantially above the 8.5K figure that was questioned earlier in this post.

Thanks again for those cordial enough to have a serious discussion regarding this game.

Peace, Love, Pinball,

Out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 75.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vinnypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-williams-1998-2023?tu=Vinnypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.