DSC08157_(resized).JPG
DSC08156_(resized).JPG
DSC08155_(resized).JPG
DSC08154_(resized).JPG
DSC08153_(resized).JPG
DSC08152_(resized).JPG
DSC08151_(resized).JPG
MB.htm25_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Monster Bash (Williams, 1998)

Added: 2016-06-23 00:25:07 UTC • Ended: July 23rd, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 12,500

Selling for a friend's widow. He purchased this game after I saw an ad for it near where he lived about a year ago. He went and bought it on the spot and passed away less than a year after. Not much to say. I've seen and played the game. Don't have documentation per say to prove it was HUO, but I do remember the correspondence between him and the seller, and may be able to find/provide that. I will be picking the game up and going through every nut/bolt/bulb/rubber to ensure that it is in perfect condition mechanically/electronically and cosmetically. Won't need much, but serious inquiries can contact me for more details. I will NOT have pictures until I get the game (hopefully within the month) but those who know me, can trust that this game is in tip top unrestored original condition, and as such, can be confident that's what they'll be purchasing. Thanks for looking.

Item photos

MB.htm1_(resized).jpg
MB.htm3_(resized).jpg
MB.htm4_(resized).jpg
MB.htm5_(resized).jpg
MB.htm6_(resized).jpg
MB.htm7_(resized).jpg
MB.htm8_(resized).jpg
MB.htm9_(resized).jpg
MB.htm10_(resized).jpg
MB.htm11_(resized).jpg
MB.htm12_(resized).jpg
MB.htm13_(resized).jpg
MB.htm14_(resized).jpg
MB.htm15_(resized).jpg
MB.htm16_(resized).jpg
MB.htm17_(resized).jpg
MB.htm18_(resized).jpg
MB.htm19_(resized).jpg
MB.htm20_(resized).jpg
MB.htm21_(resized).jpg
MB.htm22_(resized).jpg
MB.htm23_(resized).jpg
MB.htm24_(resized).jpg
MB.htm25_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Vinnypin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Vinnypin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Charlotte, NC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinnypin:

I will be picking the game up and going through every nut/bolt/bulb/rubber to ensure that it is in perfect condition

There are a lot of nuts and bolts in a pinball machine. GLWS!

#4 7 years ago

Plus one behind the keyboard.

#5 7 years ago

Vinny, who helped you set this price? It's so over the norm for this title and to prevent people on here bashing your sale, I'd suggest looking at what other nice Monster Bash's have sold for and aim around there. You're looking closer to 7-8K.

#6 7 years ago

I agree. Lol! HUO MB with no pics and that description is worthless. Tell your friend to find someone that actually knows how to sell a pinball machine.

If you have local friends that would buy the game, why even post this nonsense on Pinside?

#7 7 years ago

Price aside. Vinny is good people, a solid seller with awesome pins. Buy with confidence. One of the good guys and has been at much longer than his pinside account. We miss him up this way.

#8 7 years ago

Yeah........unless this is a HEP or NOS you can buy with confidence that your over paying by at least 3k

#9 7 years ago

Love that last post

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Vinny, who helped you set this price? It's so over the norm for this title and to prevent people on here bashing your sale, I'd suggest looking at what other nice Monster Bash's have sold for and aim around there. You're looking closer to 7-8K.

If this is truly HUO, low play beautiful condition you're looking at much more than 7-8k... nice routed originals will bring 7-8k. But without pictures who knows.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If this is truly HUO, low play beautiful condition you're looking at much more than 7-8k... nice routed originals will bring 7-8k. But without pictures who knows.

This, if it's truely a nice HUO or at least really low played MB expect at least 9-9.5K

#12 7 years ago

Remake please...

#13 7 years ago

You can all kiss my big fat ASS if you don't like my post, my price, or anything else about me. Your completely unconstructive criticism is unwarranted, unnecessary, and flat out immature. But before you go telling me I should get a thicker skin, know that as a Sicilian from New York, I've got a thicker skin, than all the acne cream slathered on your faces combined. That's pretty thick I hear.

If you don't like my price? Fine, keep your mouth shut and move on. Or better yet, read Lady Sling Shot's post and be constructive and kind. I have no idea who appointed you Pinball price police in the first place and I don't give a rat's ass even if you DO have a badge from a Cracker Jack box.

Where did I get this price? From the original sale. It is an absolutely 100% HUO game. The original seller sold it for 14K to my dear friend who for those of you who can't seem to care enough to put 2 and 2 together, has passed away. His wife, asked me to set that price, since as you might infer, she could use the money at the moment. Did I say the game might not fetch that kind of money? Of course I did. Do I know what the market is for this game? Absolutely, I've been doing this for 20 years you little snots. Did I ever say it wasn't negotiable? No, I didn't. Do any of you little arrogant bastards understand the rules of negotiation? Obviously not, but my entire career was based on just that. Negotiation.. And at 45 I'm retired and living well in a nice Southern climate staying away from the likes of Pinside etc. to avoid ASSHATS like yourselves!

As for Shlock and the rest of the minority faction of sane and mentally un-challenged pinheads still left out there, I thank you for your kindness over the years, the positivity you still display, and the well wishes for my friend and his family.

Back to the business of selling this game.
I have contacted the original owner, and plan on getting the oh so necessary pictures needed by all before moving forward with any negotiation. The game was originally sold to him in 1998 by Greater Southern recreation. My friend bought the game from him in February 2013, and it's been in his home since then. It's never been more than 50 miles from Atlanta since it was unboxed. I saw it last summer, and it was obvious that it saw minimal use, had no decal wrinkling (leg protectors installed as well), no insert issues, or any other problems. It literally looked like it was just pulled from the box. The playfield had a few bulbs out, and it needed a wax, but other than that, it was absolutely pristine. Now if you need a picture to show you what that looks like, I can't help right now. And while I don't expect anyone to purchase this game without pictures and of course a close personal inspection, I'm happy to provide BOTH when I have the game back in my hands and can polish it up and as mentioned go through it personally before it goes to a new home.

I have bought and sold literally hundreds of games in my life. I have owned hundreds of games, and still own a fair collection of exceptional, collectable games. Some that are literally one of a kind, or extremely rare. Not once have I had a sale come back to me due to the buyer being unhappy with the game, or owing to me trying to make more of the game than what it actually was. We always came to a price that both sides were agreeable to, and I was and still am happy to help when the need arises. I don't plan on changing that formula anytime soon.

So if anyone is interested in buying a truly HUO and LOW USE Monster Bash, and would like more info, I am happy to discuss the details as necessary with them.

Vinny

#14 7 years ago

Seriously guys how long do you think a HUO MB would last on here for 7-8k. You attack the seller for over pricing and then come back with equally ridiculous valuations. He is just trying to get as much money for his friends widow as possible. Maybe 12.5k is a little steep, but if I was in his position I would also lead with a higher number to show the wife that he is trying to get ever cent he can for her. This is not a easy position to be in, when you have to sell a pin on behalf of someone else, when that money probably means a lot to the person in question. I have been asked to sell a pin for a friends dad Addams Family before and I also racked my brain at what is the best way to go about it. If you price for a quick sale and then someone does some research afterwards you might come across as having short changed your friend. Also the average layman doesn't understand the pricing of pinballs based on condition. If I thought the pin was worth 10 - 11k then I would also bump the price up if it was for a friend, rather have it sitting on the market for a few week or month and then reduce. Or at least present the offers to the third party. That way you can say with confidence that you made every effort to get the best price you could. Also those who think MB is going to be remade anytime soon are delusional. With the back catlogue that PPS has why would they choose one of the titles that requires major licence work and also have the most complex and costly build of all bar TZ.

That being said Vinny best of luck with the sale, but maybe you should of posted pictures at the same time you listed the ad, doesn't help to give any trolls ammunition.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

You attack the seller for over pricing and then come back with equally ridiculous valuations.

Sounds like Pinside to me!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinnypin:

You can all kiss my big fat ASS if you don't like my post, my price, or anything else about me. Your completely unconstructive criticism is unwarranted, unnecessary, and flat out immature. But before you go telling me I should get a thicker skin, know that as a Sicilian from New York, I've got a thicker skin, than all the acne cream slathered on your faces combined. That's pretty thick I hear.
If you don't like my price? Fine, keep your mouth shut and move on. Or better yet, read Lady Sling Shot's post and be constructive and kind. I have no idea who appointed you Pinball price police in the first place and I don't give a rat's ass even if you DO have a badge from a Cracker Jack box.
Where did I get this price? From the original sale. It is an absolutely 100% HUO game. The original seller sold it for 14K to my dear friend who for those of you who can't seem to care enough to put 2 and 2 together, has passed away. His wife, asked me to set that price, since as you might infer, she could use the money at the moment. Did I say the game might not fetch that kind of money? Of course I did. Do I know what the market is for this game? Absolutely, I've been doing this for 20 years you little snots. Did I ever say it wasn't negotiable? No, I didn't. Do any of you little arrogant bastards understand the rules of negotiation? Obviously not, but my entire career was based on just that. Negotiation.. And at 45 I'm retired and living well in a nice Southern climate staying away from the likes of Pinside etc. to avoid ASSHATS like yourselves!
As for Shlock and the rest of the minority faction of sane and mentally un-challenged pinheads still left out there, I thank you for your kindness over the years, the positivity you still display, and the well wishes for my friend and his family.
Back to the business of selling this game.
I have contacted the original owner, and plan on getting the oh so necessary pictures needed by all before moving forward with any negotiation. The game was originally sold to him in 1998 by Greater Southern recreation. My friend bought the game from him in February 2013, and it's been in his home since then. It's never been more than 50 miles from Atlanta since it was unboxed. I saw it last summer, and it was obvious that it saw minimal use, had no decal wrinkling (leg protectors installed as well), no insert issues, or any other problems. It literally looked like it was just pulled from the box. The playfield had a few bulbs out, and it needed a wax, but other than that, it was absolutely pristine. Now if you need a picture to show you what that looks like, I can't help right now. And while I don't expect anyone to purchase this game without pictures and of course a close personal inspection, I'm happy to provide BOTH when I have the game back in my hands and can polish it up and as mentioned go through it personally before it goes to a new home.
I have bought and sold literally hundreds of games in my life. I have owned hundreds of games, and still own a fair collection of exceptional, collectable games. Some that are literally one of a kind, or extremely rare. Not once have I had a sale come back to me due to the buyer being unhappy with the game, or owing to me trying to make more of the game than what it actually was. We always came to a price that both sides were agreeable to, and I was and still am happy to help when the need arises. I don't plan on changing that formula anytime soon.
So if anyone is interested in buying a truly HUO and LOW USE Monster Bash, and would like more info, I am happy to discuss the details as necessary with them.

Wow worried about losing a few dollars on a little scrutiny? Seriously in your add you state you think it's a HUO but not sure and will try to find documentation then proceed to ask for top dollar 12.5k with zero pictures. In my response I clearly indicate that great examples of MB go for more then 9.5k referencing HEP pins or a NIB obviously a minty mint HUO pin which you claim to have would fall into this category. Take a chill pill.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinnypin:

I have no idea who appointed you Pinball price police in the first place and I don't give a rat's ass even if you DO have a badge from a Cracker Jack box.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinnypin:

If you don't like my price? Fine, keep your mouth shut and move on.

It's possible to post an ad for a sale without a discussion. You did not do that; so people are discussing. Specifically discussing how they think you priced it too high for the market.

But I'm sure your hostile attitude will help with the sale.

#20 7 years ago

Geez, you tease a guy a little and it's full on war from there. WTF? FWIW, I helped sell a MB for a woman I hardly knew whose HUSBAND had died and left her a whole mess of pins and everything else. It was in pristine shape and in storage for over 7 years. I helped her get it up and running including board work, and list it here where it sold for $9k which seemed appropriate as there were other MB's for sale for $9500 that weren't moving. Then I drove it 5 hours one way to the buyer for $100 just so it would get there safe and in one piece. G..L..W..S...

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's possible to post an ad for a sale without a discussion.

This. Every game I've sold on here I've never started a thread. And they all sold quickly anyway. Go figure.

#22 7 years ago

Just got these from the ORIGINAL owner and seller this morning. And for the record, I never stated I "thought" it was an HUO game, rather that I know it IS a HUO game, but I personally did not have the documentation to PROVE it. I spoke with the first owner/seller of the game this morning, and he will vouch for it's authenticity, but this game was purchased with cash, in 1998 and back then, even this collector didn't think anything of the purchase he'd just made in regards to keeping a purchase receipt. Please show me the dozens of HUO games out there that DO have their original receipts back from before the year 2000 and I'll be sure to eat as much crow as you can feed me.

Here's the 24 pictures he took of the game to send to my friend who purchased the game and moved it for the first time since it had been out if it's original box. It still resides in the exact spot it was moved to, and has been played certainly less than 100 times since he owned it, (and I daresay, it could be less than 50) knowing how long he had it, and how often he played. No children, no pets, just himself. I think he admired the game more than he played it as it sat amongst his dozens of jukeboxes, and other coin op collectables.

#23 7 years ago

MB.htm1_(resized).jpgMB.htm1_(resized).jpg

MB.htm4_(resized).jpgMB.htm4_(resized).jpg

MB.htm5_(resized).jpgMB.htm5_(resized).jpg

MB.htm2_(resized).jpgMB.htm2_(resized).jpg

MB.htm6_(resized).jpgMB.htm6_(resized).jpg

MB.htm7_(resized).jpgMB.htm7_(resized).jpg

MB.htm3_(resized).jpgMB.htm3_(resized).jpg

MB.htm9_(resized).jpgMB.htm9_(resized).jpg

MB.htm10_(resized).jpgMB.htm10_(resized).jpg

MB.htm8_(resized).jpgMB.htm8_(resized).jpg

MB.htm11_(resized).jpgMB.htm11_(resized).jpg

MB.htm12_(resized).jpgMB.htm12_(resized).jpg

MB.htm14_(resized).jpgMB.htm14_(resized).jpg

MB.htm16_(resized).jpgMB.htm16_(resized).jpg

MB.htm15_(resized).jpgMB.htm15_(resized).jpg

MB.htm17_(resized).jpgMB.htm17_(resized).jpg

MB.htm13_(resized).jpgMB.htm13_(resized).jpg

MB.htm18_(resized).jpgMB.htm18_(resized).jpg

MB.htm21_(resized).jpgMB.htm21_(resized).jpg

MB.htm22_(resized).jpgMB.htm22_(resized).jpg

MB.htm23_(resized).jpgMB.htm23_(resized).jpg

MB.htm24_(resized).jpgMB.htm24_(resized).jpg

MB.htm25_(resized).jpgMB.htm25_(resized).jpg

MB.htm19_(resized).jpgMB.htm19_(resized).jpg

MB.htm20_(resized).jpgMB.htm20_(resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

That's a beautiful game. I'd love to see a pic of the underside of the playfield. I'll bet everything just shines!! That's what nice HUO games look like.

To give this some perspective, I sold a HUO MB about 3 years ago for $14,000. I didn't have people beating a path to my door, but I found someone who really wanted the game and thought the price was fair. Mine was as nice as this one.

Now that there's a possibility MB's might be remade, prices have gone down, but I don't think $12,500 is that far off. There are still collectors out there that want original and you just don't find that many nice HUO examples around.

#25 7 years ago

By those pictures its definitely a low played, HUO MB. Pretty sweet for sure...

#26 7 years ago

wow I wonder how many plays on that game it is really nice

#27 7 years ago

Gorgeous pin with low wear

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Also those who think MB is going to be remade anytime soon are delusional. With the back catlogue that PPS has why would they choose one of the titles that requires major licence work and also have the most complex and costly build of all bar TZ.

Didn't think this particular machine wasn't worth the price, it probably is. I hope you get your price especially given the circumstances for the widow and all. When I kick the bucket I hope my wife or kids can find similar help with liquidating whatever the collection may be.

Unfortunately, I can just feel this sale pulling up the prices of the player's quality game I hoped to acquire one day. Hence the hope for a remake, and they can take their time with it. I'm on the fence of trying to build one as others have successfully done. Rumor is suitable donor games are disappearing for conversions. So if PPS/CGC won't do it, it will happen some other way. Bottom line is more people should be able to enjoy this game.

#29 7 years ago

I love seeing original games in nice condition. Beautiful!

#30 7 years ago

She's gorgeous for sure...

#31 7 years ago

Re-post it for sale without the Forum Topic option if you don't want to hear any opinions. Done and done.

#32 7 years ago

Very nice game Vinny, stick with your price and dont take no shit.

#33 7 years ago

Vinny, you sound like a very nice individual with a kind and stable personality, that I one day wish to do business with. Unfortunately, due to our ideal physical proximity apart from one another, it wouldn't be possible to make the purchase. I do wish you the best with the sale, and my condolences for your loss. Looks like a great machine.

#35 7 years ago

Once again, I appreciate all the level headed comments, especially from veterans like TeeKee and BK, whom I've "known" since the early RGP days. As I've already told one prospective buyer, I'm reflecting ALL offers to the current estate owner, and while I will be advising her on what I think the mkt will bear on this one, it is not me making the ultimate decision. I don't know her situation specifically, but she has told me she wants to sell, so it's in her hands, not mine. Of course any sale through Pinside will be properly compensated to the site, and all notice of it's sale will be made on this post.

Thanks,
Vinny

#36 7 years ago

That is a very nice game that has been well maintained.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is a very nice game that has been well maintained.

More likely not played vs maintained.

#38 7 years ago

Very nice, but if the decals aren't wrinkled under the leg protectors they will be soon! Those leg protectors will cause damage quickly on a MB. Still, very nice...not sure about the $12.5k, but very very nice.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Vinnypin:

But before you go telling me I should get a thicker skin, know that as a Sicilian from New York, I've got a thicker skin, than all the acne cream slathered on your faces combined. That's pretty thick I hear.

Vinnypin, if you decide to come out of retirement, might I suggest you consider a career as a professional wrestler? This is just one of many absolute gems from that devastating promo you just cut.

Game is gorgeous. GLWS!

#40 7 years ago

I don't comment on high priced ads here on Pinside. After first seeing this listing, I'll admit, in my head I was like, "wow"! But after reading further and the approach your taking with this sale for your friend, you are doing this the absolute right way. Good luck with this sale, I hope the seller gets top dollar for this gorgeous machine!

#41 7 years ago

And quite possibly the best reaction post to all the negative price police I have ever read!

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

wow I wonder how many plays on that game it is really nice

I have a MB I bought NIB that currently has about 1300 plays.
Looks to be in almost identical condition. I have a little more wearon the left side of the scoop cutout in the Playfield. Mine barely touches the black line around it. So I'm thinking this is 500-1000 plays max.
Very nice!

#43 7 years ago

Curious, does anyone really think this will sell anywhere near the asking price?

#44 7 years ago

After seeing the pics I don't see why he could not get 11K or more. Appears to be very low play.

#45 7 years ago

I'd say 11k as well, but I hope 12k or more for the owner based on the situation.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

but I hope 12k or more for the owner based on the situation.

I agree. So many times widows in collectible hobbies are not treated fairly for one reason or another. I hope this one gets top dollar for this very nice game.

#47 7 years ago

It's surprising how few plays are needed to cause the scoop wear. Thank God for Cliffy protectors.

#48 7 years ago

even the coin box looks Minty !... GLWS. super nice

#49 7 years ago

Some dude sold an extremely clean MB with pics for $8500 two weeks ago. The guy was probably taking advantage of somebody.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-williams-1998-2021

#50 7 years ago

After you've gone thru every nut and bolt on this machine, would you mind taking some pics with the legs off so we can see if it will still look presentable with those leg protectors removed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-williams-1998-2023?hl=rbissett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.