(Topic ID: 297019)

For sale: Monster Bash (Limited Edition)

By stretch2

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEE29D3F-BEB7-46C6-AD93-46FC02F7009E (resized).jpeg
iStock-508070542-300x200 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
98151D37-ACD4-4E38-B4FD-E74679CEE4A7.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
E2F1DA05-7F46-4192-8CBF-8016C8CC72E5 (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpg
IMG_0745 (resized).jpg
IMG_0744 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

I like the sarcasm behind this ad. Mission accomplished. Who knows, you might actually get some foolish chump to actually bite on this and pay you the 25K. You’d be laughing all the way to the bank.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The only thing funny about your ad is that you thought anyone would believe your initial intention was humor.
It's not about price policing. It's about reading bullshit.

I total agree with you. How in the world would one find this funny??????? I mean I have a crazy and sick sense of humor and find numerous odd things funny but this is not one of them. Humor FAIL.....Pinside PLEASE have a $5 insertion fee to place an ad and reimburse the $5 on the back end.

#53 2 years ago

is this becoming the new norm ? post at a ridiculous price to attract more traffic to your ad .

#54 2 years ago

The worse part is some noobie is going to join pinside and go for it because they dont know any better. I think at some point I should open up a noobie thread with maybe the most recent price list.. like a Beckett for pinball machines.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The worse part is some noobie is going to join pinside and go for it because they dont know any better. I think at some point I should open up a noobie thread with maybe the most recent price list.. like a Beckett for pinball machines.

False!

Wickedly funny and clever parody ads like this one - and the many others before it, as someone does this once a week now - have helped turn the tide against runaway pricing, protecting collectors old and new alike!

#56 2 years ago

Would you take an MBrLE + 10k in cash to cover the difference?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

False!
Wickedly funny and clever parody ads like this one - and the many others before it - have helped turn the tide against runaway pricing, protecting collectors old and new alike!

yeah I guess if the OP has absolutely nothing else to do.. parody ads it is. I get it, Im bored too.

#58 2 years ago

Yea too much is enough
We've had a bunch of these as of late
Time find something else to mock
This ain't funny no mo

#59 2 years ago

I would buy it but unfortunately I'm not a good home

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

False!
Wickedly funny and clever parody ads like this one - and the many others before it, as someone does this once a week now - have helped turn the tide against runaway pricing, protecting collectors old and new alike!

How is your $20k Monster Bash sale going?

You ain't much different.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from one-armed-bandit:

Yea too much is enough
We've had a bunch of these as of late
Time find something else to mock
This ain't funny no mo

Look out guys we got a Robert Frost over here

#62 2 years ago

The thread is disquised as a super clever and hilarious parady ad, but it's really just his way of fishing for a sucker.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

How is your $20k Monster Bash sale going?
You ain't much different.

That's a real ad for a game that's actually for sale. It's completely different. It's not posted as social commentary or as a weak attempt at humor, it's for the discerning collector who wants an extremely rare and special pinball machine.

The fact that you don't like my asking price is your problem, not mine.

I love the continued assertion by my many Pinside enemies that somehow my ad "isn't going well" and that my failure to attract a buyer thus far at twenty thousand dollars is somehow causing me distress.

Do you think I NEED to sell that game? Do you think I won't pay the rent if I can't sell my $20,000 Monster Bash? If that were true wouldn't I be desperately slashing the price in attempt to keep myself out of the debtor's office? Pointing out that I haven't sold it yet isn't some cruel sword pierce to my heart, it simply reminds me that I have a mint condition Home Use Only original Monster Bash and you don't, and I can play it whenever I want, and I can sell it whenever I want.

Interested parties can check out this beauty here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112963

#64 2 years ago

op should look up definition of humor!
no career in comedy here!

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a real ad for a game that's actually for sale. It's completely different. It's not posted as social commentary or as a weak attempt at humor, it's for the discerning collector who wants an extremely rare and special pinball machine.
The fact that you don't like my asking price is your problem, not mine.
I love the continued assertion by my many Pinside enemies that somehow my ad "isn't going well" and that my failure to attract a buyer thus far at twenty thousand dollars is somehow causing me distress.
Do you think I NEED to sell that game? Do you think I won't pay the rent if I can't sell my $20,000 Monster Bash? If that were true wouldn't I be desperately slashing the price in attempt to keep myself out of the debtor's office? Pointing out that I haven't sold it yet isn't some cruel sword pierce to my heart, it simply reminds me that I have a mint condition Home Use Only original Monster Bash and you don't, and I can play it whenever I want, and I can sell it whenever I want.
Interested parties can check out this beauty here!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112963

Good response bro.

Yep, not much different.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They need a mechanism to stop this stuff. Maybe a listing fee for a percentage of the asking price. Something like that

Toppers too.

LTG : )

#67 2 years ago

You guys understand that marketplace ads are the majority of revenue for Pinside, right? Your $5 donation isn't paying the bills.

#68 2 years ago

If I wanted to be greedy without looking greedy, I would post the ad and say it was a joke while I wait for someone to offer something over market. If it's truly a joke, take the ad down. Your 5 min of fame/humor is up... unless you are trying to take advantage of someone.

#69 2 years ago

This ad reminds me that I should just throw all my games on ebay with astronomical buy it now prices and just leave them there for a few years to see if someone bites.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This ad reminds me that I should just throw all my games on ebay with astronomical buy it now prices and just leave them there for a few years to see if someone bites.

That's not a bad idea. I may list everything at $10K each game and add $1K a month each month it doesnt sell.

Might as well join the "screw the new people and this community" party!!!

#71 2 years ago

I prefer the humor in the $8,899 Munsters topper ad Puffdanny posted a few months ago. If you read the actual ad, you couldn’t miss what he was doing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imamaculateraremunsters-topper

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-limited-edition-67/page/2?hl=one-armed-bandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.