New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 202639)

For sale: Monster Bash

By vassq

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 7.30.35 AM (resized).png
Monster Bash (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 10,035 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Monster Bash

Added: November 14th, 2017 Ended: January 2nd, 2018
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Collector Quality.
Monster Bash
This is as nice as you will ever find.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Sanford, ME, US

Seller insights

These are vassq's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to vassq's stats page

#2 2 years ago

Could I get more details about this pin? Also, are you gonna post pictures? Thanks, Mike

#3 2 years ago

Everybodys cashing in!!!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Everybodys cashing in!!!

Because it's the next remake?

#5 2 years ago

Are you really firm on your price? Can't you give me at least a 35 dollars discount?

#6 2 years ago

I'll just throw it out there (due to OP's low post count and the fact this is apparently a CQ MB).

OP came down last week and bought my BF. Couldn't have been a nicer guy and has a legit passion for the industry. I have no idea what this game looks like, or that he even had a MB... but he's a good dude that got a thumbs up in my book.

#7 2 years ago

Thats a great game but I always LOL at the extra $35 charge to cover pinside costs on a 10k sale...

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Because it's the next remake?

Exactly! I keep wondering what they are going to price it at -

#9 2 years ago

Apologies folks. I am selling for a friend that is a high end collector. I am supposed to take pics on Thanksgiving weekend. Just posting to see interest early. He said at least 10000. It's really a nice machine but I will let the pics do the talking, and leave a text for contact. I think the reason he is selling is for room. Yes the 35 was for the Pinside fee, not for me. I just like the pin.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

Apologies folks. I am selling for a friend that is a high end collector. I am supposed to take pics on Thanksgiving weekend. Just posting to see interest early. He said at least 10000. It's really a nice machine but I will let the pics do the talking, and leave a text for contact. I think the reason he is selling is for room. Yes the 35 was for the Pinside fee, not for me. I just like the pin.

Please don’t take this the wrong way. But, if I were you I would try and temper your friend’s expectations. The market for MB has changed drastically in the last year or so. To the point where recently they sit in beautiful condition in the 9’s.

At 10 I think you’re going to need a ColorDMD, chrome or powder, LED’s, hand painted figures, no decals issues and a pristine playfield. And even then it will prob sit. This is is just my opinion. Looking forward to the pics.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Please don’t take this the wrong way. But, if I were you I would try and temper your friend’s expectations. The market for MB has changed drastically in the last year or so. To the point where recently they sit in beautiful condition in the 9’s.
At 10 I think you’re going to need a ColorDMD, chrome or powder, LED’s, hand painted figures, no decals issues and a pristine playfield. And even then it will prob sit. This is is just my opinion. Looking forward to the pics.

and being more attentive to inquiries...

#12 2 years ago

You may be right I dont follow the high end market. That's going to have to be his decision. Somebody may want it its a classic.

#13 2 years ago

Yes I should have put some more info and details in my original post. I was just getting ready so I can post the pics right away.

#14 2 years ago

Upfront, GLWS.

The term is "cashing out", not "cashing in".

Market shift, changes/weakening of the economy, continued higher costs of living and housing against static salaries, saturation of titles, lack of space, lack of income, and loss of pinball interest.

It is not simply about "selling to make room", it is "selling because people need money right now".

The tip to how to know how changes come is the relationship to the housing market, it follows similar offset patterns regarding economy.

"New money" collectors that had to have a cookie cutter collection, already bought the title in the past 5+ years.
It is not particularly hard to spot, as the game is normally sitting next to games like MM, TOTAN, BBB, and AFM among a handful of older titles.
Brokers/dealers do not buy $10K MBs, if there is no room to profit.
Brokers/dealers do not buy $12K "pimped out" MBs as they would take a loss, and have to remove most of the mods from the game.
Hence, the games will sit on the open market for months, sometimes years with no buyers.
PinSide is not the basis of comparison for the pinball market, as it is very niche segment inside a world that is already small.

This does not consider that most original MB will take roughly a $2K initial hit after the official reveal of the remake.
The remake will be priced according to the market, not the cost to make the game, approximate between $7-8K to retain competition, based on the fact MBs have already fallen between $1000-1500 in less than a year.
That motivates any potential owner to sell, for those not interested in retaining the game for any measure of time.
Some place more value on originals for a reason, but that is not the point of explanation here.

Older collectors are preparing to buy, "cashing in" (and in some other title cases already started), as we always have, once reaching the fulcrum tipping point of changes in value reduction. This is called a "pinball market stall" and it has not been unnoticed, only dismissed by some.
How long it lasts is dependent on the same factors that started it in the first place.

No one for example should truly be surprised titles like GB are taking huge hits presently, as this is result of complete market saturation for this game and other titles like GB, such as MET, ACDC, IM, SM, LOTR, TSPP, GOT, WWE, etc.
These are not uncommon in any way with some games having multiple production reruns.

GB circumstances was somewhat inevitable, and the game still continues to remain in production driving the price down even further.
Though, in this case it has happened faster than normal, since it take an average of 3-5 years for titles to balance their market value based on popularity.
The whole John Trudeau "fiasco" did not help matters and influenced the process by acceleration negatively, but how much cannot be determined.

Finally, in the case of GB (not MB, but is still effecting the market values) buyers are coming to the realization that the SPIKE system is "undercooked" and does not provide a long term reliable operating option, if you are a collector, owner, or operator, if not sold under 5-10 years of lifecycle.

Keep flipping,

- TBK
Monster Bash (resized).jpg

#15 2 years ago

I can’t

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Upfront, GLW.
Market shift, changes/weakening of the economy, continued higher costs of living and housing against static salaries, saturation of titles, lack of space, lack of income, and loss of pinball interest.
The tip of how to know it is coming is the relationship to the housing market, it follows similar offset patterns regarding economy.
"New money" collectors that had to have a cookie cutter collection, already bought the title in the past 5+ years.
It is not particularly hard to spot, as the game is normally sitting next to games like MM, TOTAN, BBB, and AFM.
Brokers/dealers do not buy $12K "pimped out" MBs as they would take a loss, and have to remove most of the mods from the game.
Hence, the games will sit on the open market for months, sometimes years with no buyers.
This does not consider that most original MB will take roughly a $2K initial hit after the official reveal of the remake.
The remake will be priced according to the market, not the cost to make the game, approximate between $7-8K to retain competition.
That motivates any potential owner to sell, for those not interested in retaining the game for any measure of time.
Some place more value on originals for a reason, but that is not the point of explanation here.
Older collectors are preparing to buy (and in some other title cases already started), as we always have, once reaching the fulcrum tipping point of changes in value. This is called a "pinball market stall" and it has not been unnoticed, only dismissed by some.
No one for example should truly be surprised titles like GB are taking huge hits presently, as this is result of complete market saturation for this game.

You're too smart for me Chris!

#17 2 years ago

LOL!

#18 2 years ago

Upfront, GLWS.
The tip to how to know it is coming is the relationship to the housing market, it follows similar offset patterns regarding economy.
It is not particularly hard to spot, as the game is normally sitting next to games like MM, TOTAN, BBB, and AFM among a handful of older titles.
PinSide is not the basis of comparison for the pinball market, as it is very niche segmented inside a world that is already small.
The remake will be priced according to the market, not the cost to make the game, approximate between $7-8K to retain competition, based on the fact MBs have already fallen between $1000-1500 in less than a year.
Older collectors are preparing to buy, "cashing in" (and in some other title cases already started), as we always have, once reaching the fulcrum tipping point of changes in value reduction. This is called a "pinball market stall" and it has not been unnoticed, only dismissed by some.
How long it lasts is dependent on the same factors that started it in the first place.
No one for example should truly be surprised titles like GB are taking huge hits presently, as this is result of complete market saturation for this game.
It was somewhat inevitable, and the game continues to remain in production.
Though, it has happened faster than normal, since it take an average of 2-5 years for titles to balance their market value based on popularity.
The whole John Trudeau "fiasco" did not help matters and influenced the process by acceleration negatively, but how much cannot be determined.

I think you are right on. Nice analysis.

#19 2 years ago

Y the GB rant?

#20 2 years ago

Is GB the only new pinball with the Spike System? Undercooked can be fixed with mods and add ons. Why would GB even have a second run? Must be that it's selling. In years to come it will be more popular IMHO because of its unique layout. GB is the most unique layout of all the newer games from Stern. Unique layouts are survivors in this Industry. Isn't Guardians similar to MET? It may be over produced , but I think in 10 years people will want a GB.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

GB is the most unique layout of all the newer games from Stern. Unique layouts are survivors in this Industry.

Id say TWD is

#22 2 years ago

Why doesn’t your friend sell the pin themselves? Is he the original owner, and approximately how many plays has it had?

#23 2 years ago

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L but not the nicest one you will ever find. Sorry
I know where a mind blowing one sits. I love the guys that say nicest one ever seen or nicest one you'll ever find? How do you know that? Have you
seen everyone?

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 7.30.35 AM (resized).png

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L but not the nicest one you will ever find. Sorry
I know where a mind blowing one sits. I love the guys that say nicest one ever seen or nicest one you'll ever find? How do you know that? Have you
seen everyone?

I think people understand this is hyperbole intended to convey that the game is in outstanding condition. Give your Pinsider colleagues some credit

#25 2 years ago

Upfront, GLWS.
It is not simply about "selling to make room", it is "selling because people need money right now".
The tip to how to know how changes come is the relationship to the housing market, it follows similar offset patterns regarding economy.
PinSide is not the basis of comparison for the pinball market, as it is very niche segment inside a world that is already small.
No one for example should truly be surprised titles like GB are taking huge hits presently, as this is result of complete market saturation for this game and other titles like GB, such as MET, ACDC, IM, SM, LOTR, TSPP, GOT, WWE, etc.
These are not uncommon in any way with some games having multiple production reruns.
GB circumstances was somewhat inevitable, and the game still continues to remain in production driving the price down even further.
Though, in this case it has happened faster than normal, since it take an average of 3-5 years for titles to balance their market value based on popularity.
Finally, in the case of GB (not MB, but is still effecting the market values) buyers are coming to the realization that the SPIKE system is "undercooked" and does not provide a long term reliable operating option, if you are a collector, owner, or operator, if not sold under 5-10 years of lifecycle.
Keep flipping,
- TBK

So....His price is too high?

#26 2 years ago

Good lord people are fussy this AM lol. man.

#27 2 years ago

Price is high as the remake is coming

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Price is high as the remake is coming

Atleast another year down the road............

John

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside