Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by PinballAir
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E82874AC-D94B-444B-8851-FD12B3921701.gif
    E90AC25B-6E4B-4126-8421-375EAA2E8C4D.jpeg
    30EB9064-D6D9-4B53-BFDE-4E23A578D2CD.jpeg
    download.gif
    hahahahahaha (resized).jpg
    241559974_4535151399883359_6415426676507350488_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#22 44 days ago

If this sells my Soprano's will be on the market for 12K.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

[quoted image]

I thought the same thing at first when I seen your Flintstones ad then realized it's just the new norm in this hobby. Not your fault and it's the buyers willing to pay these crazy prices.

#85 42 days ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

A Stern/CGC Distributor, also an operator that has owned hundreds of pins scooped it up for his personal collection in NV. I had Three other buyers in line behind him.
    You obviously do not know much about pinball value sir. The Condition of my Flintstones was excellent and totally worth my asking price.
    That's why it instantly sold 4x in less than a day.
    If you don't like the theme/title then fine. But it is an excellent layout and rules packed with features.
    I've sold over 40 pins here, and another 40 on Facebook. You sold One pin and now you are an expert?

I've been collecting for over 30 years and I collect mostly older HUO games from the 70's, 80's and 90's so I have a very good understanding of the value of pinball machines, especially when it comes to nice originals. So F off sir for assuming that just because I only show one machine sold on Pinside it's all I ever sold or that I'm some kind a newbie. The games I collect go for 2-3x the normal selling price because of their condition and Pinside is not my target audience since you need to find collectors looking for machines in that condition. There's only a small percentage of collectors who appreciate the nice originals and most would rather just send a game off to get restored instead.

A perfect example is look how people droll all over your machines for sale which while are nice don't have much original besides the wiring and mechs since you use brand new cabinets, mirco playfields, repro parts, etc. Personally I prefer all original when possible but it's a lot easier for most to just buy a new cab and reproduction playfield then it is to take the time restore them.

Part of the fun for me all these years was the hunt of trying to find these time capsules. I recently sold a machine from early 90's for over 12K when the Pinside average price is only 4K because mine was likely one of the nicest originals in existence. I have also paid out the ass to acquire many of these older games in this condition so have been on both ends as a buyer and seller. So please don't come here lecturing me about not knowing much about pinball value. I expected a so called expert like yourself would know better then to judge someone based solely off Pinside when it's only a small part of the pinball community.

#88 41 days ago
    Quoted from dhard:

So a outstanding example $3000 game would be worth 6-9k maybe this is a little higher being for sale in California

Yes, but I'm not talking about these so called HUO examples that people make claims of all the time with a shooter lane that looks like a butt hole. I'm talking about a game that looks like it was stuck in a time capsule and just pulled out of the box. I hate to use a cargument but it's like a car that was always garage kept and only driven a few miles every year.

When people are paying $20-$25K for games like POTC or $15-20K for MMr Royal or Tron LE I'm not sure why it would be so surprising that someone is willing to pay a premium for a near NIB example from 20-30 years ago. There aren't many out there like that because back then people were not buying NIB games for their home. My comment about the Flintstones was a bit tongue-in-cheek because of the craziness of today's market. It was not a shot a turbo2nr but more of a knock about the crazy prices buyers are willing to pay. But he decided to make it personal but guess I should not be surprised after seeing some of the comments in his FS threads.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside