Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E82874AC-D94B-444B-8851-FD12B3921701.gif
E90AC25B-6E4B-4126-8421-375EAA2E8C4D.jpeg
30EB9064-D6D9-4B53-BFDE-4E23A578D2CD.jpeg
download.gif
hahahahahaha (resized).jpg
241559974_4535151399883359_6415426676507350488_n (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

100% agree with you. I mean if it's a tier 2 game and the final price you pay Pinside is $25....collect $10 up front and $15 once it sells. Hell I bet a $5 insertion fee would stop this stupid stuff. I mean would the OP want to spend $5 to make us all laugh on such an original joke? If it's not a joke...more power to him if he gets his price!!!

For sale ads are a major reason to come to pinside. Start charging fees to list and a lot of sellers will just go to Facebook market place or CL and list for free. If you don't like the price or think it is a joke, then just drain the thread and move on.

#52 2 years ago

Crackheads like this, need removed. This site is becoming a joke.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

And 7% sales tax.
And handling fee $500
Viewing fee non refundable $300

Crack is indeed whack.

#54 2 years ago

Still some good bargains out there! Heck I saw a pretty nice STTNG for sale, with pictures! for under $10,500. Sold tho. But deals do come up!

#55 2 years ago

No way this one would get to the best of thread status.
Not enough personal attacks, underlying premise is almost plausible , certainly not enough memes.

#56 2 years ago

private message sent. very interested buyer here! Trust Pete from SD. the guy knows the market, and always has top notch games. talk soon

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Is this a fucking joke?

Lol!!! Wow!!! Crazy pricing!!!

#58 2 years ago

Some of you need to learn how to use this.

30EB9064-D6D9-4B53-BFDE-4E23A578D2CD.jpeg30EB9064-D6D9-4B53-BFDE-4E23A578D2CD.jpeg

E90AC25B-6E4B-4126-8421-375EAA2E8C4D.jpegE90AC25B-6E4B-4126-8421-375EAA2E8C4D.jpeg
#59 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

private message sent. very interested buyer here! Trust Pete from SD. the guy knows the market, and always has top notch games. talk soon

Damn, he said you beat me by 5 min. If you decide not to buy he said Im next.

#60 2 years ago

Dumb dumb dumb

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I was really interested in your Monopoly until I saw this $300 viewing fee. I only pay $500 viewing fees. If you're only asking $300, then its pretty clear your Monopoly is only worth $9.5K.
Moreover, I don't see a $4000 topper on your pin. I don't care if it is a Ghostbusters topper, Elvira topper, Black Knight topper, or Game of Thrones topper ... there should be a $6000 topper on this machine. If it's one of the others that have jumped up to $8000 in price since I started writing this (you know, those toppers with some printed crap and an LED or two like Iron Maiden, Deadpool, etc), then I am not interested since I only want the toppers that have a $70 BOM vs $25 BOM.

We never mention bom when we talk selling prices. Scares and confuses the masses.

Besides, then we gots to do all dat explainin’.

BLWS. Wish I was farther. Seller farted in it.

#62 2 years ago

My FS ad selling a piece of pinball toast gets shut down but this thread doesn't? Both are equally ridiculous.

#63 2 years ago

Is this the bitcoin edition. I’m in

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

ANYONE ELSE? ANYONE ELSE?
GOING TWICE?
GOING TWICE!
ONE MORE TIME...
ANYONE ELSE?

Is it bright and tight? Tell me a little more about this game right before you drop the hammer.

#65 2 years ago

Dave says these games are fun, with great art.

#66 2 years ago

Listing Entirely Bull Shit

#67 2 years ago

This sucks .. waste of time

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This sucks .. waste of time

Soon to be the new Pinside slogan!

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I've got an NFT video of Captain saying "One more time, One more time, One more time" and it repeats forever.
It's valued coincidentally at the exact same amount of your games.
Would you accept a trade?

Link to the video?

#70 2 years ago

He must have meant he was accepting monopoly money at that price!?
What a joke!!!!

#71 2 years ago

Short for lebsians

#72 2 years ago

Since it's a Joke post thread, I feel ok going off topic.

Question. Is there a way to search the Market forum only for Games for sale in your region or city?

Thanks.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Since it's a Joke post thread, I feel ok going off topic.
Question. Is there a way to search the Market forum only for Games for sale in your region or city?
Thanks.

You should be able to set a radius I believe, based on your location.

#74 2 years ago

Is there a way to search the Market for only actual pinball machine sales, not jokes? Maybe Pinside creates a separate “Silly Listings” thread for the laughs.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

You should be able to set a radius I believe, based on your location.

You can also go on the pinside map and click the classifieds button and see what's listing are for sale on the map around you.
The only catch is that it includes WTB as well as FS.

#76 2 years ago

Got it! Thanks. Went into my profile and was able to limit the search radius, set it at 1000 miles, for the Grails.
I can always hope can't I?

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Got it! Thanks. Went into my profile and was able to limit the search radius, set it at 1000 miles, for the Grails.
I can always hope can't I?

I'm confused... why don't you just go:
Marketplace ---> Classified Ads
Then set what you want to search by. I have 'Machine' and 'Other' ticked, with max radius set to 300 miles as my default search. Is way less annoying than the map

#78 2 years ago

Your confused?
Me too.
Often.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

If you haven't figured out yet that this is a joke post based on the Banning auction prices....
...it's a joke. Just like the prices at the auction.
Where someone paid a whole lot more than $10,500 for Monopoly.

How much did some poor sap pay for a Monopoly just out of interest?
I really do feel for these guys when the whole market eventually collapses (and it will)

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Is there a way to search the Market for only actual pinball machine sales, not jokes? Maybe Pinside creates a separate “Silly Listings” thread for the laughs.

Great idea....too bad it couldn't be implimented

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

How much did some poor sap pay for a Monopoly just out of interest?
I really do feel for these guys when the whole market eventually collapses (and it will)

That is the whole joke: He listed these games for what they sold for at Captains Auctions over the weekend (before the 18% buyers premium, sales tax, and shipping)

#82 2 years ago

Yeah, compared to the auction Monopoly, this one's a bargain!

Quoted from twenty84:

That is the whole joke: He listed these games for what they sold for at Captains Auctions over the weekend (before the 18% buyers premium, sales tax, and shipping)

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

If this sells my Soprano's will be on the market for 12K.

I thought the same thing at first when I seen your Flintstones ad then realized it's just the new norm in this hobby. Not your fault and it's the buyers willing to pay these crazy prices.

A Stern/CGC Distributor, also an operator that has owned hundreds of pins scooped it up for his personal collection in NV. I had Three other buyers in line behind him.
You obviously do not know much about pinball value sir. The Condition of my Flintstones was excellent and totally worth my asking price.
That's why it instantly sold 4x in less than a day.
If you don't like the theme/title then fine. But it is an excellent layout and rules packed with features.

I've sold over 40 pins here, and another 40 on Facebook. You sold One pin and now you are an expert?

#84 2 years ago

That did look like a really nice Flintstones. I just sold one too. Underrated title. Fun pin!

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

A Stern/CGC Distributor, also an operator that has owned hundreds of pins scooped it up for his personal collection in NV. I had Three other buyers in line behind him.
You obviously do not know much about pinball value sir. The Condition of my Flintstones was excellent and totally worth my asking price.
That's why it instantly sold 4x in less than a day.
If you don't like the theme/title then fine. But it is an excellent layout and rules packed with features.
I've sold over 40 pins here, and another 40 on Facebook. You sold One pin and now you are an expert?

I've been collecting for over 30 years and I collect mostly older HUO games from the 70's, 80's and 90's so I have a very good understanding of the value of pinball machines, especially when it comes to nice originals. So F off sir for assuming that just because I only show one machine sold on Pinside it's all I ever sold or that I'm some kind a newbie. The games I collect go for 2-3x the normal selling price because of their condition and Pinside is not my target audience since you need to find collectors looking for machines in that condition. There's only a small percentage of collectors who appreciate the nice originals and most would rather just send a game off to get restored instead.

A perfect example is look how people droll all over your machines for sale which while are nice don't have much original besides the wiring and mechs since you use brand new cabinets, mirco playfields, repro parts, etc. Personally I prefer all original when possible but it's a lot easier for most to just buy a new cab and reproduction playfield then it is to take the time restore them.

Part of the fun for me all these years was the hunt of trying to find these time capsules. I recently sold a machine from early 90's for over 12K when the Pinside average price is only 4K because mine was likely one of the nicest originals in existence. I have also paid out the ass to acquire many of these older games in this condition so have been on both ends as a buyer and seller. So please don't come here lecturing me about not knowing much about pinball value. I expected a so called expert like yourself would know better then to judge someone based solely off Pinside when it's only a small part of the pinball community.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I've been collecting for over 30 years and I collect mostly older HUO games from the 70's, 80's and 90's so I have a very good understanding of the value of pinball machines, especially when it comes to nice originals. So F off sir for assuming that just because I only show one machine sold on Pinside it's all I ever sold or that I'm some kind a newbie. The games I collect go for 2-3x the normal selling price because of their condition and Pinside is not my target audience since you need to find collectors looking for machines in that condition. There's only a small percentage of collectors who appreciate the nice originals and most would rather just send a game off to get restored instead.
A perfect example is look how people droll all over your machines for sale which while are nice don't have much original besides the wiring and mechs since you use brand new cabinets, mirco playfields, repro parts, etc. Personally I prefer all original when possible but it's a lot easier for most to just buy a new cab and reproduction playfield then it is to take the time restore them.
Part of the fun for me all these years was the hunt of trying to find these time capsules. I recently sold a machine from early 90's for over 12K when the Pinside average price is only 4K because mine was likely one of the nicest originals in existence. I have also paid out the ass to acquire many of these older games in this condition so have been on both ends as a buyer and seller. So please don't come here lecturing me about not knowing much about pinball value. I expected a so called expert like yourself would know better then to judge someone based solely off Pinside when it's only a small part of the pinball community.

I judge you by height.
E82874AC-D94B-444B-8851-FD12B3921701.gifE82874AC-D94B-444B-8851-FD12B3921701.gif

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

The games I collect go for 2-3x the normal selling price

So a outstanding example $3000 game would be worth 6-9k maybe this is a little higher being for sale in California

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

So a outstanding example $3000 game would be worth 6-9k maybe this is a little higher being for sale in California

Yes, but I'm not talking about these so called HUO examples that people make claims of all the time with a shooter lane that looks like a butt hole. I'm talking about a game that looks like it was stuck in a time capsule and just pulled out of the box. I hate to use a cargument but it's like a car that was always garage kept and only driven a few miles every year.

When people are paying $20-$25K for games like POTC or $15-20K for MMr Royal or Tron LE I'm not sure why it would be so surprising that someone is willing to pay a premium for a near NIB example from 20-30 years ago. There aren't many out there like that because back then people were not buying NIB games for their home. My comment about the Flintstones was a bit tongue-in-cheek because of the craziness of today's market. It was not a shot a turbo2nr but more of a knock about the crazy prices buyers are willing to pay. But he decided to make it personal but guess I should not be surprised after seeing some of the comments in his FS threads.

#89 2 years ago

The shooter lane can dressed up either before or after the sale.
Meaning; in my opinion a shooter lane that looks like crap is an honest one, one that looks unused may not be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monopoly-68/page/2?hl=pschwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.