d5495dcd42435bbd9801f3fd4becf881c34d22af.jpeg (resized).jpg
E2AC45B2-F86E-4BAF-AF6D-67E472B2DBC9 (resized).png
2299A84C-606A-4571-B76F-BAF02A553970.gif
85F8CCC3-B6C9-4913-8A5E-C61DD714379B.gif
bullshit spiderman (resized).jpg
C3EA537C-9FDB-46E4-ADF7-D75EA7A4A55C (resized).jpeg
0557A71A-BD86-41DF-8E3D-0D648EF95CB0 (resized).jpeg
58093604158__7B7B1E60-3B5A-474A-89FC-6EA4137176A9.JPG (resized).jpeg
2019-06-22 19_25_12-For sale_ Black Spider-Man _ Pinball machines for sale _ Pinside.com - Internet  (resized).png
IMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0188 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0187 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No doubt grizlyrig , just had a laugh looking at this thread from a newb’s perspective.

85F8CCC3-B6C9-4913-8A5E-C61DD714379B.gif85F8CCC3-B6C9-4913-8A5E-C61DD714379B.gif
#152 4 years ago

As a somewhat newb myself (owner for only about 4 years), I can say that prior to owning and reading tons of posts on here, I would have NO idea what a new or old machine should look like. Considering the only ones I had played were at an arcade, there’s no way I would know. For those of you who think there’s no way the OP didn’t know the condition or that the machine has more plays than what the audits say, put yourself in his shoes and you’ve never looked under a playfield.

I’m surprised the OP didn’t close his account with some of the responses he received.

#153 4 years ago

In all fairness (apologies to the OP) but the pin was priced higher than any BSM would sell for (I think unless it was nib) so it's kind of strange that he/she didn't just make a thread and ask what this of pin is worth rather than asking for nearly $10K.

This is a BSM not a Tron LE, there is not a huge uncharge for BSM anymore (IMO).

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

so it's kind of strange that he/she didn't just make a thread and ask what this of pin is worth rather than asking for nearly $10K.

Because he probably looked at eBay like every other uninformed person does. If I could count the amount of times I’ve asked about a game from a non-collector and I heard “But eBay said the price is around...”

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

In all fairness (apologies to the OP) but the pin was priced higher than any BSM would sell for (I think unless it was nib) so it's kind of strange that he/she didn't just make a thread and ask what this of pin is worth rather than asking for nearly $10K.
This is a BSM not a Tron LE, there is not a huge uncharge for BSM anymore (IMO).

Give it a rest.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Colson totally nailed it when he said

Quoted from Colsond3:

Because he probably looked at eBay like every other uninformed person does. If I could count the amount of times I’ve asked about a new game from a non-collector and I heard “But eBay said the price is around...”

As I already mentioned this thing pretty much fell out of the sky ( her dad's game room ) and showed up at my house one day because it had to go somewhere. Other than playing it a bit at his house and playing these in arcades I knew next to nothing about pinball machines. I also didn't really take the time to fine tooth comb it because I figured any collector that wanted it would and then tell me what it was worth and when I saw that it only said 33 balls I just blindly figured ok yea sure...

I also think I have solved some of the mystery about it at this point by interrogating my father-in-law and his wife a bit more. Turns out he did hardly ever play it BUT his bored wife was playing it while he was at work ... A LOT ... makes sense considering she is the one that bought it and he wasn't around to know. Sucks though because if I would have known that from the start a lot of the flaming would have been avoided, ‍♂️ LOL.

Once I got them both on the phone today I found out they bought it at a local place here in town called Amini's Galleria who sold it to them "New". The place sent a delivery truck out and a pair guys to get it upstairs. They never got to see a box or anything like that, but they weren't collectors and she was just buying him a cool toy they didn't think about it. It was carried up to the game room ( no box or legs of course ) and when they went back to truck they came back with black ones. Best guess on that is that they grabbed black on accident or they knew these people didn't know any better and kept the chrome ones.

From everything I have learned here my new best guess is that the wear is from her playing and never having it serviced or waxed or whatever it is you do to protect the field and lane. The balls are also a bit dull and old so that probably didn't help. The count I think is because it spent a lot of time unplugged. I think the battery might have just died ( Yes it does have a coin cell and it is in good shape ).

Either way this thread has been one HECK of a ride and trial by fire leaning experience!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

Either way this thread has been one HECK of a ride and trial by fire leaning experience!

It always is here. It was nice chatting with you on the phone earlier....glad I could help.

I also got him take out the translite and open up the backbox. The battery is there, but he said no damage to the boards. Apparently somebody else stopped by and helped him test it out, showed him how to lift and get under the PF, and all mechs and switches work as they should.

It will be a good deal for whoever grabs it and I’m sure the price will be reasonable. Good luck.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It always is here. It was nice chatting with you on the phone earlier....glad I could help.
I also got him take out the translite and open up the backbox. The battery is there, but he said no damage to the boards. Apparently somebody else stopped by and helped him test it out, showed him how to lift and get under the PF, and all mechs and switches work as they should.
It will be a good deal for whoever grabs it and I’m sure the price will be reasonable. Good luck.

Totally agree it was awesome getting to talk to you earlier and again thanks for schooling me on how to open it. Before the help I got as far as unlocking it, but couldn't figure out how to remove it. Thanks again Colson!

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

I also think I have solved some of the mystery about it at this point by interrogating my father-in-law and his wife a bit more. Turns out he did hardly ever play it BUT his bored wife was playing it while he was at work ... A LOT ... makes sense considering she is the one that bought it and he wasn't around to know. Sucks though because if I would have known that from the start a lot of the flaming would have been avoided, ‍♂️ LOL.

It doesn't really matter where the plays came from, but based on the info you've laid out and the audit pictures that used to be attached to the ad, she couldn't have played it much. Like you said, no one knew how to get into the machine to reset audits or update code.

There's just no chance it was new when they bought it. It didn't come out of a box with those legs. Again, not that it matters.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

As I already mentioned this thing pretty much fell out of the sky ( her dad's game room ) and showed up at my house one day because it had to go somewhere. Other than playing it a bit at his house and playing these in arcades I knew next to nothing about pinball machines. I also didn't really take the time to fine tooth comb it because I figured any collector that wanted it would and then tell me what it was worth and when I saw that it only said 33 balls I just blindly figured ok yea sure...
Once I got them both on the phone today I found out they bought it at a local place here in town called Amini's Galleria who sold it to them "New". The place sent a delivery truck out and a pair guys to get it upstairs. They never got to see a box or anything like that, but they weren't collectors and she was just buying him a cool toy they didn't think about it. It was carried up to the game room ( no box or legs of course ) and when they went back to truck they came back with black ones. Best guess on that is that they grabbed black on accident or they knew these people didn't know any better and kept the chrome ones.
From everything I have learned here my new best guess is that the wear is from her playing and never having it serviced or waxed or whatever it is you do to protect the field and lane. The balls are also a bit dull and old so that probably didn't help. The count I think is because it spent a lot of time unplugged. I think the battery might have just died ( Yes it does have a coin cell and it is in good shape ).

aminis is one of the highest retailers in the country. so he prob did pay 10k for it. don't doubt that one bit.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There's just no chance it was new when they bought it. It didn't come out of a box with those legs. Again, not that it matters.

I told the OP that there’s always a chance that the seller kept the chrome legs out of the box or off the game when he broke it down, and just gave him a set of black ones. Unfortunately I’ve seen sellers do similar things before. Or at least attempt to.

#162 4 years ago

I've lost a lot of faith in Pinside over the last few weeks, and this thread just amplifies my thoughts. I posted a couple oddball technical questions last week and got almost no replies, while I watched a thread about a girl joining Pinside get a zillion comments. You all should be ashamed. This guy was clearly uninformed, as we all were at some point. He was completely transparent, and owned up to being uninformed. And anyone suggesting this is a 5k game, wants to buy it. All of your "obvious" reasons this game has more than 33 plays mean nothing to most people, and meant nothing to you before you became an internet expert. I think this game is 6k for a quick sale. I'd clean it up and ask $6500.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've lost a lot of faith in Pinside over the last few weeks, and this thread just amplifies my thoughts. I posted a couple oddball technical questions last week and got almost no replies, while I watched a thread about a girl joining Pinside get a zillion comments. You all should be ashamed. This guy was clearly uninformed, as we all were at some point. He was completely transparent, and owned up to being uninformed. And anyone suggesting this is a 5k game, wants to buy it. All of your "obvious" reasons this game has more than 33 plays mean nothing to most people, and meant nothing to you before you became an internet expert. I think this game is 6k for a quick sale. I'd clean it up and ask $6500.

in all fairness. At first it appeared he was just trying to pull some shit. Which is the case 99% of the time. The 1% of the time a person is actually misinformed is such a rare thing, that most can't believe it at first.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

And anyone suggesting this is a 5k game, wants to buy it. All of your "obvious" reasons this game has more than 33 plays mean nothing to most people, and meant nothing to you before you became an internet expert. I think this game is 6k for a quick sale. I'd clean it up and ask $6500.

You are too generous with your pricing. Here is a example local to us on pinside. Keep in mind condition equals value. Selling at 6K in real good condition, proper chrome legs too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80123

-Mike

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You are too generous with your pricing. Here is a example local to us on pinside. Keep in mind condition equals value. Selling at 6K in real good condition, proper chrome legs too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80123
-Mike

If you read the ad it says $7100 and he really only wants to trade. The price is what he calls a "placeholder".

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

If you read the ad it says $7100 and he really only wants to trade. The price is what he calls a "placeholder".

If you read the thread though, I modified it accordingly and placed it for sale at $6,000. The $7,100 was the Pinside suggest price and was clearly outdated as a result of the vaults and such.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

So you’re buying that the audits say 33 balls but the OP or any relatives that had possession of the game did not know how to update or erase old audits.

First the story was no one played it for a decade then the story was the fathers wife played the crap out of it because she was bored all day.

Honestly this back story stinks and it’d be better if the game was presented as it is not with some made up story attached.

IMO

#168 4 years ago
2299A84C-606A-4571-B76F-BAF02A553970.gif2299A84C-606A-4571-B76F-BAF02A553970.gif
#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

Wow ! I did not know this thread had grown so much. I sort of got hung up on post #78 when Colsond3 posted this pic that about put my eyes out. Wow !

It looks like she turned 18 about 3 seconds before the photographer snapped the pic

d5495dcd42435bbd9801f3fd4becf881c34d22af.jpeg (resized).jpgd5495dcd42435bbd9801f3fd4becf881c34d22af.jpeg (resized).jpg

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So you’re buying that the audits say 33 balls but the OP or any relatives that had possession of the game did not know how to update or erase old audits.

E2AC45B2-F86E-4BAF-AF6D-67E472B2DBC9 (resized).pngE2AC45B2-F86E-4BAF-AF6D-67E472B2DBC9 (resized).png
#171 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

fair play for sticking around and putting the record straight pinside pitch forks usually scare ppl off

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

First the story was no one played it for a decade then the story was the fathers wife played the crap out of it because she was bored all day.
Honestly this back story stinks and it’d be better if the game was presented as it is not with some made up story attached.
IMO

You have no idea how much I wish I would have just put as-is on it.... I am just a guy trying to sell the thing parked in my garage so I can my wife to stop yelling at me about not being to park.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-mint-black-spider-man-only-33-balls-played-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.