d5495dcd42435bbd9801f3fd4becf881c34d22af.jpeg (resized).jpg
E2AC45B2-F86E-4BAF-AF6D-67E472B2DBC9 (resized).png
2299A84C-606A-4571-B76F-BAF02A553970.gif
85F8CCC3-B6C9-4913-8A5E-C61DD714379B.gif
bullshit spiderman (resized).jpg
C3EA537C-9FDB-46E4-ADF7-D75EA7A4A55C (resized).jpeg
0557A71A-BD86-41DF-8E3D-0D648EF95CB0 (resized).jpeg
58093604158__7B7B1E60-3B5A-474A-89FC-6EA4137176A9.JPG (resized).jpeg
2019-06-22 19_25_12-For sale_ Black Spider-Man _ Pinball machines for sale _ Pinside.com - Internet  (resized).png
IMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0188 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0187 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

The game does look to have more plays than the listing states. OP, maybe post better pics so that possible buyers know what they are looking at.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

33 balls played = 11 games played (assuming no extra balls) / owned 11yrs = 1 game played per year.
how can you own a top Stern game in mint condition, and only allow yourself 1 game a year? is it a special occasion when you play it, like maybe 1 game ONLY on your birthday or something?

It’s possible
They just sold a 1991 Acura NSX with 2800 miles on it as well ( 100 miles per year)

On the other hand , he said game was upstairs
And apparently he’s disabled and can’t go up the stairs , possible.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So at this point shouldn’t this ad be deleted as a scam? Since what the seller is claiming vs what’s shown in the pictures clearly shows the seller is trying to scam someone?

My Spidey sense is tingling!

#54 4 years ago

10k by 4th of july

#56 4 years ago

I think you are all being pretty harsh on this op.

It's clearly priced wrong.

It's a $65k game all day long

#57 4 years ago

This is not CL or Ebay. Pinside is full of collectors that know machines and condition every which way and will dissect every picture and every description about a machine.
Glwts but it won't be anywhere near your price.

-Mike

5789a4c2f8b6072901838fe4015a0d60d9be0a5e (resized).jpeg5789a4c2f8b6072901838fe4015a0d60d9be0a5e (resized).jpeg
#58 4 years ago

Those 33 balls must have been in play for days with the amount of dimpling on Spiderman on the playfield.

Seriously, does this guy think we were born yesterday?

Here is what chrome trim looks like.....

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
#59 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My guess is that the batteries have never been changed in 11 years.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

33 balls were played... after the batteries were last changed.

SAM games don’t have batteries.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

SAM games don’t have batteries

That's right, sort of. It still has a battery, you just don't have to worry over it leaking. Spidey was close to when Stern changed over from Whitestar and I had that in my head.

#61 4 years ago

The back of that game is nasty.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s possible
They just sold a 1991 Acura NSX with 2800 miles on it as well ( 100 miles per year)

It is possible to find a car that has virtually no miles driven. My friend here in Danville had a Buick Grand National GNX with only 13 miles. All he did was drive it in and out of a trailer and his garage. The only time it was driven was 1 mile around a race track to receive a trophy. There are some crazy collectors out there who just like to look at their prized possession, but not use it.

#63 4 years ago

SAM games have a single Lithium coin cell battery on the CPU board. If it was changed with power off, then all audits would be erased.

#64 4 years ago

Working to switch to Black Spiderman. BUMP

#65 4 years ago

Maybe he’s telling the truth. He put 3 balls in from factory and played them a few hundred games the first year. Put 3 new balls in the second year and played them a few hundred more times. And so on... after 11 years he had played 33 balls (3 balls per year, each played a few hundred times).

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think you are all being pretty harsh on this op.
It's clearly priced wrong.
It's a $65k game all day long

But it must be a sample game

#67 4 years ago
#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

SAM games don’t have batteries.

lol , isn't spiderman still whitestar? Or is that the first sam game?

#69 4 years ago

First SAM game was World Poker Tour.

#70 4 years ago

So very interesting.......

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

lol , isn't spiderman still whitestar? Or is that the first sam game?

it is a SAM board set.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5237

#72 4 years ago

What happened to the legs? Theyre supposed to be chrome?

#73 4 years ago

You guys are so cynical. The cabinet is knocked around because every time he played a ball, he then packed the game up and moved it downstairs into the garage. Rinse and repeat for 33 balls.

#74 4 years ago

$10K by Christmas

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

You know what works great on the back of the head if the surface is weathered? P21S wax (maybe others, haven't tried). Really evens out the finish and looks very nice once you buff it out.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

33 balls played

E156E927-B95B-44D8-8D25-FAF899AD3E63 (resized).jpegE156E927-B95B-44D8-8D25-FAF899AD3E63 (resized).jpeg
#77 4 years ago

This ad is most likely fake and he’s just fucking with you guys.

#79 4 years ago

So gonna start by laying out a few things…

The machine belongs to my wife’s Dad who asked me to list it for him since I am storing it for him. He just sold his house to move into a condo and it doesn’t fit. My step-mother in law bought it for him forever ago and it has sat in their game-room until now.

Only reason it is in garage is because his house sold WAY quicker than he thought it would and I haven’t had a chance to bring it inside yet. The only people that played it were me and the other siblings. He is the kinda guy who doesn’t like people touching his stuff so for the most part it was left alone. He owns a business so he didn’t really have time to play himself. Most of the time it sat turned off and unplugged in the corner. The blue background pic on carpet is the corner of his old game-room, but since he bought a condo he doesn’t have anywhere to put it. To answer some of your posts…

Quoted from jkashani:

Please, can you post a video of the back glass? The 15 pics don't so it justice.

I wasn’t able to attach a video here but I can send one or upload to youtube when I get a chance. Did upload some more pics though

Quoted from DrDQ:

Still available? Someone is going to get a steal.

Yes, for now.

Quoted from bigehrl:

33 balls played = 11 games played (assuming no extra balls) / owned 11yrs = 1 game played per year.
how can you own a top Stern game in mint condition, and only allow yourself 1 game a year? is it a special occasion when you play it, like maybe 1 game ONLY on your birthday or something?

It really just sat. The pictures with it on the blue background are it in the house. Only in my garage while we find it a new home. Only had the info from the settings section to go off.

Quoted from Bublehead:

The original owner should be arrested and brought up on charges of illegal imprisonment of a pinball machine... because keeping a pinbal machine for 11 years and playing only 33 balls on it, to me, is certainly a case of high crimes and misdemeanors. Did you keep it in a pit and at least feed it daily? “It puts the wax on its pin or else it gets the hose again”

Totally agree. I think I played it more than anyone and I only played it a handful of times.

Quoted from Brtlkat:

Never seen a quarter? There is one in the coin box

I think that was put in when he bought it. They had lost the key at one point ( have it now ) and it was setup so you could turn it on and play.

Quoted from Palmer:

Would you say this pin is imamaculate?
Could you take a few pics with the legs off?

I can take any pics you want, but know nothing about pinball machine don’t want to hurt it taking them off.

It does look minty fresh, but a more reasonable price for a nice stock one is around 6k... but seriously, no way in hell 33 balls were played on this.
If you boost the brightness, you can see the blue pads by the Doc Oc are pure black on the edges from being repeatedly whacked. Appears to be tons of dimples as well, but hard to tell from the awful lighting.
33 balls were played... after the batteries were last changed.
[quoted image]

Might have been reset, but I don’t know when or how it would have been.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the ad shows he is in
"Princeton, KS, US"

South side of Kansas City is the best way to explain it.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

33 balls played, BS. Look at the back of the machine, this thing has been moved multiple times from being on route.

Far as I know it has only been moved 2 times when it went up to his game-room and when it came to my house. The lever rubs the wood through and there didn’t seem anyway to avoid that.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

New forum user.
First ever post is an ad asking for 10k for a perfectly almost UNUSED game that he's owned for 12 years.
And the only reason he's selling it is because he's moving, not because he never plays it. He likes to keep it around because........ ???????
GLWS!

Never sold a pin but this seemed to be where to go. Again Step-Mother-in-law bought it for father-in-law, but he just never had time to play it.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

More pics of backglass then games played!
Well done.
This game. CLEARLY does not earn well.

This was in a house there was nothing to earn.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes it does.
We need closeup pics of scoops, ramps, lanes, and shooter lane.
Edit: someone pointed out the blue pads have a lot of black on them by doc oc. Way more than 33 balls worth. So we now know the truth.

I put some more pics in, but can upload more.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Did you move the pin from one house to another more times than you played it?[quoted image]

Pretty much. My Father-in-law is kinda like that guy that has an old sports car he almost never drives only it’s a pinball machine.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh! Interesting! No chrome legs in the photos. That’s odd. That sure doesn’t help with the value......
Now I don’t know what was factory. Mine has chrome legs, assumed that was standard but IDK!

No idea about that and I asked my father-in-law and step-mother-in-law and she doesn’t know either. It came with black ones.

Quoted from Strummy:

My agent is in the process of contacting him. I'll let you guys know how we make out.

Haven’t heard anything yet but more than happy to talk.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

So at this point shouldn’t this ad be deleted as a scam? Since what the seller is claiming vs what’s shown in the pictures clearly shows the seller is trying to scam someone?

I don’t know anything about these machines. All I have to go off is what the machine says. I had to Google how to even get to those menus. That is part of why it is pickup only. I want to make sure whoever buys it knows what they are getting and is happy with it before they pay.

Quoted from estrader:

Why did the op say this game in an upstairs game room with no pics of said game in said game room....only pics I see are in a random garage.

As I mentioned above house sold way faster than father-in-law expected and it had to go somewhere. Blue background pics are the corner of the game room.

Quoted from Jodester:

The game does look to have more plays than the listing states. OP, maybe post better pics so that possible buyers know what they are looking at.

I took more pictures I uploaded here as well.

Quoted from rvdv:

It’s possible

Father-in-law owned a business and spends half his time in FL. It was a gift so it also isn’t something he bought to play on.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Those 33 balls must have been in play for days with the amount of dimpling on Spiderman on the playfield.
Seriously, does this guy think we were born yesterday?
Here is what chrome trim looks like.....[quoted image]

It has everything expect the legs which I have no idea why they are missing.

Quoted from Budman:

I haven’t dusted or done any cleaning of any kind. The back is just dust. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best at showing that.

IMG_0163 (resized).jpegIMG_0163 (resized).jpegIMG_0166 (resized).jpegIMG_0166 (resized).jpegIMG_0173 (resized).jpegIMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
#80 4 years ago

No chance the blue rubber gets so much wear / blacked by 33 balls.

(meme removed)

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

The machine belongs to my wife’s Dad who asked me to list it for him since I am storing it for him. He just sold his house to move into a condo and it doesn’t fit. My step-mother in law bought it for him forever ago and it has sat in their game-room until now.
Only reason it is in garage is because his house sold WAY quicker than he thought it would and I haven’t had a chance to bring it inside yet. The only people that played it were me and the other siblings. He is the kinda guy who doesn’t like people touching his stuff so for the most part it was left alone. He owns a business so he didn’t really have time to play himself. Most of the time it sat turned off and unplugged in the corner. The blue background pic on carpet is the corner of his old game-room, but since he bought a condo he doesn’t have anywhere to put it. To answer some of your posts…

I wasn’t able to attach a video here but I can send one or upload to youtube when I get a chance. Did upload some more pics though

Yes, for now.

It really just sat. The pictures with it on the blue background are it in the house. Only in my garage while we find it a new home. Only had the info from the settings section to go off.

Totally agree. I think I played it more than anyone and I only played it a handful of times.

I think that was put in when he bought it. They had lost the key at one point ( have it now ) and it was setup so you could turn it on and play.

I can take any pics you want, but know nothing about pinball machine don’t want to hurt it taking them off.

Far as I know it has only been moved 2 times when it went up to his game-room and when it came to my house. The lever rubs the wood through and there didn’t seem anyway to avoid that.

Never sold a pin but this seemed to be where to go. Again Step-Mother-in-law bought it for father-in-law, but he just never had time to play it.

Pretty much. My Father-in-law is kinda like that guy that has an old sports car he almost never drives only it’s a pinball machine.

No idea about that and I asked my father-in-law and step-mother-in-law and she doesn’t know either. It came with black ones.

I don’t know anything about these machines. All I have to go off is what the machine says. I had to Google how to even get to those menus. That is part of why it is pickup only. I want to make sure whoever buys it knows what they are getting and is happy with it before they pay.

As I mentioned above house sold way faster than father-in-law expected and it had to go somewhere. Blue background pics are the corner of the game room.

Father-in-law owned a business and spends half his time in FL. It was a gift so it also isn’t something he bought to play on.

I haven’t dusted or done any cleaning of any kind. The back is just dust. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best at showing that.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The pin has WAY more than 33 balls. It’s 33 balls since the last reset. Resets occur for a number of reasons. But it’s very clear the pin has seen a lot of play from the pics you just posted. Probably at least a couple thousand games played. I’d modify your ad otherwise it looks like a scam even though it wasn’t your intent. You didn’t know.

Also you’re way over priced. This machine here has the correct legs, is in better shape, and less plays and buyer is asking $6400. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-black-spider-man-34

#82 4 years ago

mav2287 you may not know much about pinball as stated. From your pix it clearly shows that game has had way more than the stated plays. You might want to readjust your price or expect this for sale thread to turn into the latest popcorn thread. Just a thought.

#83 4 years ago

“Father had a business so didn’t have any time to play it.”

That’s funny because only takes a few minutes to play a game. You mean he only had 60 minutes free time in 10 years?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

I purchased it new 11 yrs ago and have had it in my upstairs game room since.

Quoted from mav2287:

The machine belongs to my wife’s Dad who asked me to list it for him since I am storing it for him.

OK thanks for clarifying.

B122ABA7-CA6B-443E-AF2A-3EDA7F0186EB.gifB122ABA7-CA6B-443E-AF2A-3EDA7F0186EB.gif
#85 4 years ago

OK thanks for clarifying.[quoted image]

I smell a rat.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

Yes, for now.

I haven’t dusted or done any cleaning of any kind. The back is just dust. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best at showing that.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe that you believe what you're saying because you're relaying what you were told. However, 33 plays and the playfield is showing "normal wear" typically seen after 1000s of plays not to mention the pf is filthy.... you need to beg the mods to kill this post and start over NOT stating how many plays and priced more accordingly.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

you need to beg the mods to kill this post

Having a thread closed doesn't help as it will still be viewable for any future reference. No thread ever gets deleted, except under extreme circumstances.

#88 4 years ago

$6k all day.

Point is OP wanted to charge way over market price so he had to invent bull s,!t to make it seem low plays.

I got a ST that was 250 plays and I put another 100 plays and it looks brand new except for some PF dimples.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$6k all day.

You're generous, I was closer to $5500-$5700.
-Mike

#90 4 years ago

59FB8494-48D9-4D19-94A1-983BA0A70F68 (resized).jpeg59FB8494-48D9-4D19-94A1-983BA0A70F68 (resized).jpeg

#91 4 years ago

I believe that your mother in-law bought the game used from someone that routed it. It probably has had enough plays on it to pay for itself. So she probably got a much better price then a new in box game would cost. Then it looks like it was cleaned up well and sold to your family. The previous operator probably reset all of the game stats before it left their possession. This game might have virtually sat for the last decade, but it has been well used.

#92 4 years ago

Honestly I would put it closer to 5000. My reasoning being incorrect legs, probably missing the certificate of authenticity, and I’ve seen no bill of sale showing proof that it was home use only. Add onto that, that a model in better condition sold for a little bit more than that.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Honestly I would put it closer to 5000. My reasoning being incorrect legs, probably missing the certificate of authenticity, and I’ve seen no bill of sale showing proof that it was home use only. Add onto that, that a model in better condition sold for a little bit more than that.

Certificate's in the pics.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

The certificate is posted in the OP.

I do think your price estimate is reasonable given what we see. The legs are a real head scratcher. Don't know why he would have ever swapped out it the original legs to begin with.

My machine is in slightly nicer shape (similar playfield, but better cab) and only started to receive serious interest when I dropped the price to $6,000. My game also came without any bullshit origin stories.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Certificate's in the pics.

$5300-5400 IMHO then.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$6k all day.
Point is OP wanted to charge way over market price so he had to invent bull s,!t to make it seem low plays.
I got a ST that was 250 plays and I put another 100 plays and it looks brand new except for some PF dimples.

Only had the opinion of 1 person to go off so I had to start somewhere ‍♂️. I also didn't know stuff could be reset so all I could go off was what the machine says. As far as the pictures I have seen and for how old it is to me at least it all looks super clean. Thankfully some of the people posting were cool enough to recognize a newb and clear thing up rather than try to tear me to shreds.

Now that I know the value and that it most likely has more play than I though I can adjust a accordingly. Like I said before my goal was just to help him sell it not to rip off anyone.

Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Again total newb here assuming where the ball shoots from is the shooter lane?

IMG_0177 (resized).jpegIMG_0177 (resized).jpegIMG_0178 (resized).jpegIMG_0178 (resized).jpegIMG_0181 (resized).jpegIMG_0181 (resized).jpegIMG_0183 (resized).jpegIMG_0183 (resized).jpegIMG_0184 (resized).jpegIMG_0184 (resized).jpegIMG_0185 (resized).jpegIMG_0185 (resized).jpegIMG_0186 (resized).jpegIMG_0186 (resized).jpegIMG_0187 (resized).jpegIMG_0187 (resized).jpegIMG_0188 (resized).jpegIMG_0188 (resized).jpegIMG_0189 (resized).jpegIMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Cert of Auth is with it and so far the only things that seem to have been pointed out are more play than I thought and legs.

#98 4 years ago

Good of you to adjust! Still a bit high but now you’re getting to the ball park.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from mav2287:

Cert of Auth is with it and so far the only things that seem to have been pointed out are more play than I thought and legs.

Do you have the original bill of sale pricing that it is Home Use Only? Otherwise it’s undocumented and that can also effect value.

#100 4 years ago

Shooter lane has some pretty good amount of wear where the balls pop out of the trough.

2019-06-22 19_25_12-For sale_ Black Spider-Man _ Pinball machines for sale _ Pinside.com - Internet  (resized).png2019-06-22 19_25_12-For sale_ Black Spider-Man _ Pinball machines for sale _ Pinside.com - Internet (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-mint-black-spider-man-only-33-balls-played-/page/2?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.