(Topic ID: 147040)

For sale: Michael Jordan (Data East, 1992)

By jeffgoldstein2

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPP.jpg
cant-tell-if-serious.png
20151217_173626.jpg
20151217_173617.jpg
20151217_173602.jpg
20151217_173554.jpg
20151217_173531.jpg
20151217_180035.jpg
20151217_173813.jpg
20151217_173915.jpg
20151217_173716_001.jpg
20151217_174039.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm with you 100% on that, and you have accomplished that very well. Man, in looking at your for sale thread last year I can't believe the collection didn't sell.

I'm glad it didn't. After around 5-6 years, i'm close to completing a full set of Gen 2 Zaccarias. Just acquired 2 of the hardest ones to get in the past 2 months. 6 more to go. And all but 1 isn't all that hard to get.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It seems Dayhuff is on every thread at all times. When ever there's a whisper of a King Kong, he's like a coon dog that found a scent. lol
I really want to see his sometime.

Sniff Sniff,..........what did you say?....

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#103 8 years ago

It's a good goal to go for because they're off the beaten path, but jesus those Zaccaria's are pure shit.
Love the "art" though.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a good goal to go for because they're off the beaten path, but jesus those Zaccaria's are pure shit.
Love the "art" though.

We are giving seller a bunch of bumps on this off topic subject, but I'm sure he doesn't mind. What's wrong with Zaccaria machines? I think they all look great but I almost never get to play them.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What's wrong with Zaccaria machines?

Just aboot everything in them. Layouts...and this is of course generally speaking....are usually pretty weak, sound is weak, and the cheapest plastic known to man. The art really does stand out in classic bad Italy way. I'm aboot to start cleaning a bunch of them up soon so we'll see if my impression changes.

#106 8 years ago

I dunno, man. Some of those Zac's have some cool stuff going on. (Sure, some are...dull...).

I actually like Farfalla. Those weird inlane flippers.

Pete

#107 8 years ago

True but Farfalla has to be one of the most respected titles. I harbor some resentment to it as it obviously forshadowed everyone clown puking their game decades before it happened

I think they're a lot like DE in the way you're thinking though...sometimes i think they shoveled in too much and it's just a hot mess. It's kind of the Orbitor 1 thing where you get excited and then 2 balls in you're sort of over it. Of course that's just me though...and I don;t like many things.

#108 8 years ago

you have to compare zacs to what others were doing the same years. Zacs were way ahead of their time. Games like Time machine, Robot were doing things nobody has ever done before. With time machine, nobody has still done it. It's genius. Farfalla with the clear upper playfield is a drop target fest with great rules, but nobody else was doing clear upper fields. Having the ball start from the top, allowed the playfields to expand much wider and more surface area than a conventional shooter lane. The vacuum formed 3d multilayer backglasses were original and new. the 3d terrain plastics were things nobody else were doing, and they clearcoated playfields to preserve them way before anyone else was thinking about it. hence why Zacs hardly ever have wear. Personally, I think they are brilliant. But to each their own. Some think AFM is the game of the gods and I think it's the cheap ass econoline game made from swept up parts off the ground.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you have to compare zacs to what others were doing the same years. Zacs were way ahead of their time. Games like Time machine, Robot were doing things nobody has ever done before. With time machine, nobody has still done it. It's genius. Farfalla with the clear upper playfield is a drop target fest with great rules, but nobody else was doing clear upper fields. Having the ball start from the top, allowed the playfields to expand much wider and more surface area than a conventional shooter lane. The vacuum formed 3d multilayer backglasses were original and new. the 3d terrain plastics were things nobody else were doing, and they clearcoated playfields to preserve them way before anyone else was thinking about it. hence why Zacs hardly ever have wear. Personally, I think they are brilliant. But to each their own. Some think AFM is the game of the gods and I think it's the cheap ass econoline game made from swept up parts off the ground.

This is some great insight.

Please tell us how you feel about the masterpiece they call Fish Tales.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This is some great insight.
Please tell us how you feel about the masterpiece they call Fish Tales.

i'm sorry, I do not know of any masterpiece called Fish Tales.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you have to compare zacs to what others were doing the same years. Zacs were way ahead of their time.

True that.

#112 8 years ago

I will agree that Zacs look great. I will also agree that they have some super cool features and were ahead of their time. But I've played all the Zacs that PAPA has and they just play like pure crap. They are so clunky and so many of the features just don't really do what they are supposed to be able to do. Magic Castle was probably the most tolerable game for me.

#113 8 years ago

that has nothing to do with zacs, that has to do with someones games playing like ass and not dialed in correctly. Play my zacs and you would be amazed how differently mine play compared to PAPAs.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-michael-jordan-data-east-1992/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.