(Topic ID: 147040)

For sale: Michael Jordan (Data East, 1992)

By jeffgoldstein2

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPP.jpg
cant-tell-if-serious.png
20151217_173626.jpg
20151217_173617.jpg
20151217_173602.jpg
20151217_173554.jpg
20151217_173531.jpg
20151217_180035.jpg
20151217_173813.jpg
20151217_173915.jpg
20151217_173716_001.jpg
20151217_174039.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Michael Jordan (Data East, 1992)

Added: 2015-12-18 18:51:18 UTC • Ended: August 12th, 2016

Price

$ 19,500

I am selling this game for a friend of mine. The game is located in Deerfield IL. Only 7 of these games have been made. There are currently 2 for sale on ebay, 1 is at $22,000 and one is at $50,000.

My friend is asking $19,500 OBO. This was her brothers game and he use to work for Data East and did some of the artwork on the Michael Jordan game. He moved out west a while ago and he left the game in his sisters basement. She has no need for it anymore because she is not even into pinball.

The game only has around 150 plays on it. The overall condition is fantastic, the playfield looks beautiful and the cabinet I would give a 9 out of 10 on the condition. The slingshot by the left flipper needs to be adjusted but besides for that everything else seems to be working perfectly.

Item photos

20151217_174039.jpg
20151217_173716_001.jpg
20151217_173915.jpg
20151217_173813.jpg
20151217_180035.jpg
20151217_173531.jpg
20151217_173554.jpg
20151217_173602.jpg
20151217_173617.jpg
20151217_173626.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jeffgoldstein2's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jeffgoldstein2's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Hawthorn Woods, IL, US

#2 8 years ago

#3 8 years ago

Looks a little like a rethemed Lethal Weapon

#4 8 years ago

Doh of all the times to not be rich! Would love to have this thing even though I know it is just a LW3 rethemed.

#5 8 years ago

Wow...very rare, I would love to play a few games...im curious of the callouts, hopefully they didnt record michael jordan saying "ok ok ok"

#6 8 years ago

I think it be cheaper just to build one

But its rare and people love Jordan

GLWS

#7 8 years ago

Why is there an uzi in the middle of the playfield? Haha.

#8 8 years ago

How many games have a 2 way level like that? That's a feature I'd want on all of them.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

How many games have a 2 way level like that? That's a feature I'd want on all of them.

Alot of data east pins do

#10 8 years ago

I just decided not to leave a snide remark.

GLWS!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Looks a little like a rethemed Lethal Weapon

Yeah, that's exactly what it is playfield-wise. Code-wise who knows, haven't played one to say.

#12 8 years ago

Any chance of a video showing some game play of the machine? I don't believe I have ever seen/heard this re-theme before.

Brad

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Any chance of a video showing some game play of the machine? I don't believe I have ever seen/heard this re-theme before.
Brad

I maybe able to stop by over there some time next week to get a video. Otherwise PM me because she would have no issue if you wanted to stop by her house and test out the machine.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I maybe able to stop by over there some time next week to get a video. Otherwise PM me because she would have no issue if you wanted to stop by her house and test out the machine.

I will readily admit I wouldn't be in the market for one, but would definitely like to hear it has been worked over. I've had a chance to see/play Richie Rich and Aaron Spelling.

Brad

#16 8 years ago

Oh man this would be awesome. No chance I have 20k for a machine but if this were produced like other Data Easts back in the day I would definitely already have one! So cool!

#17 8 years ago

that has a lot more than 150 plays on it. you think they would have shopped it out for 19k.

#18 8 years ago

It'd be nice to rip these roms and post the code to ipdb. Then anyone who wanted to retheme their LW3 could do so.

#20 8 years ago

I love the translite on that one - Jordan with devil horns.

(And don't forget that 20% offer code!)

#21 8 years ago

Very cool. Curious to know what the sound package is like...

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Very cool. Curious to know what the sound package is like...

1990s DE...gonna go out on a limb here and guess; "Annoying?"

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1990s DE...gonna go out on a limb here and guess; "Annoying?"

Yeah right. Monday night football sound package is amazing for the time. Actually that might be late 80s, but still. I love that sound package.

#24 8 years ago

I actually really like the Batman DE sound package, too.

Jackpot sounds in those DE games are epic.

Pete

#25 8 years ago

Interesting. Does anyone know why this never went into production?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Click on the game linked for info

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/michael-jordan

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I don't think it was ever intended to. DE seemed to do a lot of custom game "one-offs" for customers.

Most were based on LW3, or Tommy.

Aaron Spelling, Richie Rich, Operation Desert Storm all come to mind. Sure I'm missing some others.

Pete

#28 8 years ago

Ah, Kabuki. That's the one I missed.

Good information linked there. I guess I should check out that Pinside site once in a while.

Pete

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Ah, Kabuki. That's the one I missed.

That's the one I never heard of till just reading it now.

#30 8 years ago

MJ3..........

#31 8 years ago

Very cool game

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that has a lot more than 150 plays on it. you think they would have shopped it out for 19k.

The game was given to the artist who is not even into playing pinball. Regarding the amount of plays I am just reading what the audits say, I don't know the exact number but the game looks very clean. Its not shopped out because its been sitting in a basement for years from someone who doesn't know anything about pinball.

They're open to offers.

#33 8 years ago

For the record I played one game on it and it does have a better sound package than lethal weapon!

#34 8 years ago

i'm just saying by the dirt in the ball entrance area and how worn the black rubber posts are, there has to be more than 150 plays on it. Someone reset it sometime in it's life. Not saying it's not in nice condition, but when reaching for 19k. Might want to shop it out and make it look like new.

#35 8 years ago

Reminds me of space jam

#36 8 years ago

Might you have a Ron Artest Pacers in Detroit Premium ? Also very rare. Been a lookin. Hit me up bro if you gots one.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Might you have a Ron Artest Pacers in Detroit Premium ? Also very rare. Been a lookin. Hit me up bro if you gots one.

cant-tell-if-serious.pngcant-tell-if-serious.png

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If you end up finding one in your search, make sure you add the Metta World Peace action figure. That mod is a guaranteed $200 upgrade on the pin.

#39 8 years ago

Glws. Very odd tho. Someone just now decides to sell a 20k pinball thats been basicaly collecting dust in a basement. Rare yes but doesnt look that fun. Hence why it was left behind to collect said dust..

#40 8 years ago

really neat rare game. Not $19k neat, but still cool to see more photos of it. I too think you should at least shoot a quick video of gameplay (sounds and DMD animations) for historical purposes.

#41 8 years ago

Why does pinside allow people to shit on peoples for sale ads?

Either you are interested and want more information, or no posts allowed.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I love the translite on that one - Jordan with devil horns.
(And don't forget that 20% offer code!)

Now looks like 30% So it is only 35K, heck I'll get both.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Honestly the OP should be able to delete posts now considering these are paid advertising posts now.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from DefaultGen:

Honestly the OP should be able to delete posts now considering these are paid advertising posts now.

That is why there is a box to click if you want to have the ad linked to the forum for discussion. Will someone pay 20k for a MJ pin-I don't think so. It is a rare machine but I do not believe it would be worth more than even 10k. I think Nick at the Pinball Company also owns one of them. If you want an exaggerated price for a rare title then you may want to opt for no public discussion in the future otherwise the PPP will show up.

PPP.jpgPPP.jpg

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Will someone pay 20k for a MJ pin-I don't think so. It is a rare machine but I do not believe it would be worth more than even 10k.

There it is. 10k by Christmas.

#46 8 years ago

I would like to know what batteries they have on that board, I can't believe they have not leaked in all this time, glws

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I agree...I am new here and just learning...still....why?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Because it's a message board; not CL.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

It is a forum. People discuss things on forums.

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#50 8 years ago

I know, this is the moderators issue that they should strictly enforce. For sale ads should not be discussions.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-michael-jordan-data-east-1992 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.