IMG_6000 (resized).jpg
IMG_5999 (resized).jpg
IMG_58698 (resized).jpg
IMG_5965 (resized).jpg
IMG_5962 (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_5962 (resized).jpg
IMG_5860 (resized).jpg
IMG_4870 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Meteor

Added: 2020-11-01 02:25:19 UTC • Ended: November 5th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 1,700

Item description

For Sale: A very nice example of one of the great vintage-Sterns - Meteor! A full tear-down, bulletproofing, and EXTENSIVE shop job, was just completed - the game looks great, and plays 100%.

Details of the work is as follows:

• SOLENOID DRIVER BOARD: The two electrolytic filter capacitors were replaced w/new, the recommended ground-modifications to the filter caps/test points were made, and all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• SOUND BOARD: All electrolytic capacitors were replaced w/new - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• MPU: The original PCB was washed/neutralized, the dedicated rechargable battery removed, and the memory-function restored with a new Weebly duel-slot adapter/NVRAM.

• LAMP DRIVER: Replaced two faulty 2N6054 transistors w/new - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• DISPLAYS: All connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed. The original displays are bright and clear, and the voltage at which they run has been reduced to preserve them during future use.

• RECTIFIER BOARD: Replaced a faulty bridge rectifier, replaced a faulty resistor, all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• SHOP JOB: Details of the general shop-work completed is as follows:

- All under playfield drop target assemblies were completely removed, dissembled, cleaned, and adjusted. All 15 targets were replaced with new game-correct replacements;

- All three flippers were completely rebuilt with all new links, stops, plungers, sleeves, bushings, springs, correct Stern flipper bats, and EOS switches;

- All playfield & backbox GI lighting was replaced with new cool/natural white Comet LED's (feature lights still incandescent);

- Complete top-side tear-down;

- Missing spinner target, spinner wire, and game-correct decals replaced w/new;

- Multiple under-playfield wiring-hacks restored to factory configuration;

- A broken roll-over "star" insert replaced w/new;

- Playfield cleaned, polished, and waxed;

- All playfield rubbers were replaced w/new;

- All nylon post-cap acorn nuts replaced w/new;

- New leg levelers installed;

- New grounded cord plug installed;

- New "Start" button, and "Stern Electronics" coin-door decals installed;

- New pinball installed; and

- New coin door lock installed.

Please review the pictures closely for additional condition details, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see additional photos of a specific area. The original playfield is very nice for this title, which is notorious for having substantial wear. The original backglass is also very presentable; however, does show some subtle flaking and a few scratches. The cabinet is one of the nicest I have seen, is solid, and looks great overall. The backglass cross bar lock assembly is missing from this game, and no backbox lock is present - this mechanism is not required for a home-use game, and is not available as a new reproduction, so I did not search for a used one to replace the missing original.

The game is located in Central Pennsylvania, just off I-80. Pickup is highly preferred, but shipping is not out of the question if the buyer makes all arraignments, and payment-in-full has cleared my account before the game leaves my possession.

IN REGARD TO THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC: This pin is currently located in my clean, dry, and climate controlled warehouse. If a meaningful deposit is received, you're more than welcome to leave it there until such a time when you are comfortable picking it up. In that scenario, I do reserve the right to at least one or two games a week though! If you would like to get it into your lineup ASAP, I am open to a pickup anytime, and we can easily abide by all of the recommended practices for interaction. You can drive right into the building and almost right up to your new machine. I have all the lifts/dolly's/carts needed to make loading it a breeze. I will leave it as you're call, and I will respect and accommodate what ever you decide.

Item photos

IMG_3873 (resized).jpg
IMG_3876 (resized).jpg
IMG_3877 (resized).jpg
IMG_3895 (resized).jpg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpg
IMG_4868 (resized).jpg
IMG_4869 (resized).jpg
IMG_4870 (resized).jpg
IMG_4871 (resized).jpg
IMG_5860 (resized).jpg
IMG_58698 (resized).jpg
IMG_5962 (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_5962 (resized).jpg
IMG_5965 (resized).jpg
IMG_5999 (resized).jpg
IMG_6000 (resized).jpg
IMG_60005 (resized).jpg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpg
IMG_6007 (resized).jpg
IMG_6008 (resized).jpg
IMG_6010 (resized).jpg
IMG_7000 (resized).jpg
IMG_7001 (resized).jpg
IMG_7002 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PSUTownie's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PSUTownie's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bellefonte, PA, US

#2 3 years ago

Looks beautiful! GLWTS@

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looks beautiful! GLWTS@

Thanks!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I really like Meteor, GLWTS

Thanks, hawknole!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-meteor-33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.