Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jgentry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Metallica (Pro) (Stern, 2013)

Added: 2016-01-28 17:49:42 UTC • Ended: February 5th, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 5,900 (Firm)

Price is firm

I am looking to sell my met pro to upgrade to a premium. I purchased the game NIB last summer. It is the LED model with the metal back box. No decal peeling. It plays 100% with no errors and has lots of mods. The mods are listed below. Shipping is fine as long as the buyer sets everything up. I will add pictures this weekend.

Snake plastic and ramp decal
Snake fangs
Snake Tongue decal
flipper fidelity animated back box lighting with integrated flashers
ColorDmd
Sparky helmet dual EL wires
Creeping death pinblades
Creepy death lighting panel (not yet installed)
Pinball refinery full purple armor set including plunger, hinges, legs, upgraded lockdown bar, and legs
Laseriffic topper
Cliffy for the scoop
purple superbands

Possibly a few other things that I forgot but that is most of the mods. If you don't want the colorDmd or the topper I will sell it for $500 cheaper.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jgentry's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jgentry's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gallatin, TN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

#2 8 years ago

ping.......

#3 8 years ago

Why would someone want the the colordmd from you for an extra $500 when they can get a new one from colordmd for ~$399 and potentially install it on a new machine for much cheaper? Seems somewhat expensive overall.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Why would someone want the the colordmd from you for an extra $500 when they can get a new one from colordmd for ~$399 and potentially install it on a new machine for much cheaper? Seems somewhat expensive overall.

It 500 for the colordmd and the topper, not just the colordmd.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Okay, sorry I missed read that. Did you forget to add pictures?

#6 8 years ago

Also out of curiosity why would one want to buy your Metallica for you listed price when there is a Metallica pro that is nib with shaker motor for $4350?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Also out of curiosity why would one want to buy your Metallica for you listed price when there is a Metallica pro that is nib with shaker motor for $4350?

Did you see the full page of mods and extras listed?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

No it says Colordmd "OR" the topper.

Quoted from Waterpolo12:Also out of curiosity why would one want to buy your Metallica for you listed price when there is a Metallica pro that is nib with shaker motor for $4350?

Because he spent a lot of money in mods and wants to make his money back.

But seriously you can get a NIB Premium with shaker for about a grand more.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Big proponent of a loaded up Met Pro. I'd rather (and do) own a loaded up Pro over a stock Premium. Never been a fan of the hammer. The other differences are cool, but fairly minor. Spent the $ I saved on stuff that mattered more to me like refinery powder coating, color dmd, FF kit with big woofer, shaker motor, sparky tv, etc. It looks and plays fantastic. People are always trying to buy it off me. Good luck to the seller.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I still read this as both, not one or the other, guess we will have to wait for the OP to clarify. I do see how it could be taken both ways.

Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Did you forget to add pictures?

Im not the one selling, simply posting in the thread

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Waterpolo12:

This is also the led model, that one listed you mentioned was the inc bulb version

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is also the led model, that one listed you mentioned was the inc bulb version

Off topic for the op's post, but some prefer the non-led model. LED model has the new style cabinet. Frankly if I were to buy one, it would be a wash as to which I'd prefer. Chances are I'd swap out the led dmd and redo the leds to suit my tastes regardless.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Honestly if you want a NIB and want to mod it to your own liking the NIB is a better deal. The one you mention is the older style back box and a non LED version though. Some people might prefer that but I personally like new style better.

I put a lot of $ into some of the better mods and I need to get some of that back to justify the difference in a premium. The pinball refinery armor and colorDmd are must haves on the pro model in my opinion. If I'm priced to high it won't sell and that's fine also, I just have a chance to get a roadcase and I prefer that art package since I already have a monsters translite to put in it. Either way I will have an awesome met so no big deal.

I will get pictures added this weekend. I have been swamped with a few things with work and didn't have time last week. Sorry for the delay.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I still read this as both, not one or the other, guess we will have to wait for the OP to clarify. I do see how it could be taken both ways.

Im not the one selling, simply posting in the thread

It's both. So if someone doesn't want the topper AND colordmd I would lower the price $500. Sorry for the poor wording, I can see why that would be confusing.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I just have a chance to get a roadcase and I prefer that art package.

You said it buddy! Love the Roadcase and/or Master of Puppets art work. I'm guessing you are a Metallica fan. Honestly I know several people with modded MET PROs like yours and have played on them. There are bad ass games. Personally I would rather have the hammer and being a Metallica fan since the 80's it has to be an album cover art work. A Ride the Lightning special addition would be the bomb!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Off topic for the op's post, but some prefer the non-led model. LED model has the new style cabinet. Frankly if I were to buy one, it would be a wash as to which I'd prefer. Chances are I'd swap out the led dmd and redo the leds to suit my tastes regardless.

So you are buying the inc bulb one?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That is true that you can get a premium for about a grand more. I also think the pinball refinery edition is less, granted I do not think it is with the color DMD/Toper. I guess it comes down to if someone is whiling to pay that much for all the mods and does not want a nib premium more.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Waterpolo12:

That is true that you can get a premium for about a grand more. I also think the pinball refinery edition is less, granted I do not think it is with the color DMD/Toper. I guess it comes down to if someone is whiling to pay that much for all the mods and does not want a nib premium more.

Pinball refinery does amazing work. At some point I want to get a game done by them. I believe this is a good bit cheaper then what they charge based on previous quotes for PRO games that I have requested though. But that all depends on what mods you are requesting they add. Are you basing that statement on an actual quote from pinball refinery or are you just guessing?

#19 8 years ago

Bought from JD before. He loves pinball. Easy to work with. Nice Met! GLWTS!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Waterpolo12:

I also think the pinball refinery edition is less, granted I do not think it is with the color DMD/Toper. I guess it comes down to if someone is whiling to pay that much for all the mods and does not want a nib premium more.

Our "Stock" Pinball Refinery Metallica Pro machine will not have all of these upgrades that jgentry installed on this machine. It would cost a more to purchase one of our PR machines with all of these upgrades. This is a good price with all of these upgrades, I figure he has well over $1700.00 in mods alone and his time to install everything.

GLWYS,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Our "Stock" Pinball Refinery Metallica Pro machine will not have all of these upgrades that jgentry installed on this machine. It would cost a more to purchase one of our PR machines with all of these upgrades. This is a good price with all of these upgrades, I figure he has well over $1700.00 in mods alone and his time to install everything.
GLWYS,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Thanks for the info Steve. You do amazing work, one of these days I'm going to get a game from you. The couple of pinball refinery editions that I have played were just awesome. Some of the nicest games I have ever seen.

Forgot to add that this game also has color changing speaker lights installed. Might be a few other small mods that I'm forgetting.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

GLWYS,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Thank you for the clarification on the price. Would love to get a machine or two from you guys sometime in the future. I thought I remembered a post from you awhile back with the refinery edition around $5500 for metallica pro...but it was awhile ago so I could be mistaken.

Thanks for updating me on the differences.

#23 8 years ago

Well, there is a small issue that I was not aware of. I took a bunch of pictures last night and while doing so I noticed that the right head decal is starting to peel slightly. I'm not comfortable selling it like that and asking a premium for it so I'm going to shut down the market add and get some replacements from stern to fix it before it's listed again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-metallica-pro-stern-2013-2019 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.