D99266B9-C694-4E3A-9481-51AEF6792118 (resized).jpeg
747 (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
3C46B56E-8BDB-441E-9FBE-86B985485D64 (resized).jpeg
30B7340B-2680-4AFB-A210-602DB69206E1.gif
064E9F19-7B77-4ACA-81CD-A923C8668730 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

this thing is IMMACULATE!!!

AND actually has a set of legs!

#52 5 years ago

You bring shame upon Deerfield. SHAME.

#53 5 years ago

No ducks?

#54 5 years ago

Met promiums can fetch a reasonable premium if they have desirable mods such as total lightshow, color dmd, hooked spinners, but even then you are topping out around $6,000

#55 5 years ago

No wonder the houses are so expensive in Deerfield

#56 5 years ago

do mods add value to games? i mean honestly? even a color dmd you have to minus the cost of the actual dmd thats supposed to be in the game in fairness. most mods ive seen make balls get stuck, fall off when servicing the game, have to many wires in the way and are just annoying. A stock game is better to work with IMO.

#57 5 years ago

Welcome to pinside Parker, as long as you don’t take the ball busting personal you’ll be fine around here...most of us have our own nooby tales to tell...mine was a Shaq attack for way too much, but I loved it and had a ball

#58 5 years ago

10k by Christmas

#59 5 years ago

$400 for a polk audio sub... maybe for 3 subs LOL.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

$400 for a polk audio sub... maybe for 3 subs LOL.

maybe he's shopping at Crutchfield?

#61 5 years ago
Popcorn 2 (resized).pngPopcorn 2 (resized).png
#62 5 years ago

Just think ..... there’s a pinball refinery premium with mods for sale right now at less money

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

do mods add value to games? i mean honestly? even a color dmd you have to minus the cost of the actual dmd thats supposed to be in the game in fairness. most mods ive seen make balls get stuck, fall off when servicing the game, have to many wires in the way and are just annoying. A stock game is better to work with IMO.

Depends on the game, the mod, how well it's installed, etc. Just like pin's, mods can be great and/or rare.

Here are some mods I've loved over the years:

- PMD's AC/DC LCD mod, which is currently out of production. If I ever decide to sell AC/DC, that mod will definitely add value to the game.
- Eli's TRON ramp mod (https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=566) almost single handedly brought the price of TRON LE's back down to earth. LE's still fetch a Premium, but modded Pro's are more competitive thanks to the mod market.
- LED OCD was critical for upgrading my LOTR to LED's without losing some of the cool lighting effects.
- ColorDMD. Amazing mod. If a buyer is silly enough to haggle about the cost of the original DMD, I'd simply provide the original DMD.
- Pinstadium lights. If included, I believe this would add value to a pin sale.
- HD Glass.

Nothing wrong with preferring "stock games", however the hard work and passion of pinball "modders" should be admired.

snaroff

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Depends on the game, the mod, how well it's installed, etc. Just like pin's, mods can be great and/or rare.
Here are some mods I've loved over the years:
- PMD's AC/DC LCD mod, which is currently out of production. If I ever decide to sell AC/DC, that mod will definitely add value to the game.
- Eli's TRON ramp mod (https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=566) almost single handedly brought the price of TRON LE's back down to earth. LE's still fetch a Premium, but modded Pro's are more competitive thanks to the mod market.
- LED OCD was critical for upgrading my LOTR to LED's without losing some of the cool lighting effects.
- ColorDMD. Amazing mod. If a buyer is silly enough to haggle about the cost of the original DMD, I'd simply provide the original DMD.
- Pinstadium lights. If included, I believe this would add value to a pin sale.
- HD Glass.
Nothing wrong with preferring "stock games", however the hard work and passion of pinball "modders" should be admired.
snaroff

I always find it weird when thousands of dollars in mods go into a Pro. He point of the Pro is that it’s more affordable because features were removed. If you can afford all this stuff anyway, why not get the Premium or LE & call it a day?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I always find it weird when thousands of dollars in mods go into a Pro. He point of the Pro is that it’s more affordable because features were removed. If you can afford all this stuff anyway, why not get the Premium or LE & call it a day?

Agreed, but TRON is a notable exception (since there was no Premium and they only made 400 LE's and ~half were shipped outside the US). I actually have a TRON LE being picked up today in NJ Such a great game.

snaroff

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s not weird at all. It’s just choosing a different set of add-ons than the ones Stern offers with the Premium. I know I’m oversimplifying, but do I want a hammer and a physical ball lock, or do I want a ColorDMD and PDI glass? The key is to add mods that you can move to another game if the next buyer doesn’t want them.

#67 5 years ago

Even if you get the premium you can spend just as much for mods as the pro so it’s a wash. This game is way over priced tho.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

It does look nice tho, I’ll give it that

Really?

#69 5 years ago
Please Place Trash Here 04112018221558 (resized).jpgPlease Place Trash Here 04112018221558 (resized).jpg
#70 5 years ago

This thread is on fire...

metpro.gifmetpro.gif
#71 5 years ago

Who knew pinball mods go up in value? Time to empty my IRA.

#72 5 years ago
flair (resized).jpgflair (resized).jpg
#73 5 years ago

Some mods, like colordmd, shaker and improved glass are ok and should hold value. But the rest will get pennies to the dollar. Except for a rare number of your mods you will need to drop the price by a hefty amount or just take out of the price all together. Short story moding your pin rarely increases the value of the pin by much.

1 week later
#74 5 years ago

Glws

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from swampfire:

It’s not weird at all. It’s just choosing a different set of add-ons than the ones Stern offers with the Premium. I know I’m oversimplifying, but do I want a hammer and a physical ball lock, or do I want a ColorDMD and PDI glass?

Agreed. The premium/LE isn't automatically the best option for everyone, whether they can afford it or not. I chose to buy a MET pro because I like they way it plays more. I then used the money I saved to add a ColorDMD, Total Lightshow, spinners, shaker, etc ...

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Some mods, like colordmd, shaker and improved glass are ok and should hold value. But the rest will get pennies to the dollar. Except for a rare number of your mods you will need to drop the price by a hefty amount or just take out of the price all together. Short story modding your pin rarely increases the value of the pin by much.

It is entirely dependent on the buyer. Some people place a high value on mods, and others don't. I've sold games with $1,500 in mods for $1,500 more than the game was worth without them. Conversely, I've paid up for games with mods. I don't think it's fair to jump into a for sale thread and try to argue that the mods are worthless when they clearly aren't to many people.

#77 5 years ago

What, this is still for sale??? Must not have enough mods on it.

3 weeks later
#78 5 years ago

for this price i want metallica to deliver it themselves

mjr

#79 5 years ago

Can I just buy the three tiny fake guitars for $90?

#80 5 years ago

Only if you buy the 100.00 picks

#81 5 years ago

At this point I'm unsure if this is a real ad. This dude has got to be trolling. Shit, I'd paint Sparkys like that for $350 a pop.

1 month later
#83 5 years ago

Lol. I don’t think he knows how to read the thread on posted machines. If he did, you would think he wouldn’t post this. AGAIN.

#84 5 years ago

I hope you sell your pin, Parker. I really do. I know what it's like to wait patiently to sell one, etc.

It seems clear that you lavished much love on your game. It's pretty cool, for sure. If I were a power seller and I'd taken your pin in trade, I guess I would ask $5K for it. Why so lean? Well, mostly 'cause only MET PRO's with color DMD's typically fetch as much as $5K. I'm assuming you've been told this by numerous Pinsiders. Again, I'm not hating. I'm just trying to be helpful. Right now there is a fistful of MET PRO's for sale here on Pinside and some are darned good deals. I see a lot of overpriced pinballs here on Pinside lately and I think it has to do with the new state sales-tax rules: sellers imagine they can effectively add an amount equivalent to sales tax to their prices. But you know what: pins priced like that aren't selling. Look for "Sale Pending" stamps on games like that. You won't see them. MET is a tough sell right now 'cause (a) it's so common and (b) buyers are waiting to see The Munsters, another Borg layout with much buzz surrounding it, etc.

In any case, hang in there, but you might have to make a deep price cut to find a buyer. Just sayin...

#85 5 years ago

Ok

#86 5 years ago

Parker Schnabel is that you?

#87 5 years ago

Can’t believe no one has bought this.

#88 5 years ago

Maybe take more pictures?

#89 5 years ago

Maybe you would be better off stripping all the mods and selling them separate?

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-metallica-pro-78/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.