Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met (resized).png
9FA8E675-AF8E-4B69-8509-9D4D3397A0BE (resized).jpeg
2BC1BAC7-F88E-458C-98E8-B4C4029D0EDA (resized).jpeg
FF75EF54-A521-49FF-B01E-B780A517D704 (resized).jpeg
4A3E3184-3C6B-4039-A96A-7F3050F435A9 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Metallica (Pro)

Added: 2022-10-06 20:18:29 UTC • Ended: October 27th, 2022
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

3 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,200

Item description

Metallica pro for sale. Has color DMD, inserts, snake mod, cemetary mod and a few other things. Low plays. Goodie bag still inside. No I don’t know what happened to the head side art. Some people have told me that it tends to crinkle so some people pull it off. I got it this way. Thanks. Located on Hilton Head, SC

Item photos

2BC1BAC7-F88E-458C-98E8-B4C4029D0EDA (resized).jpeg
4A3E3184-3C6B-4039-A96A-7F3050F435A9 (resized).jpeg
9FA8E675-AF8E-4B69-8509-9D4D3397A0BE (resized).jpeg
FF75EF54-A521-49FF-B01E-B780A517D704 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are dpeck3's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to dpeck3's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 6,800

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Hilton Head Island, SC, US

#2 1 year ago

GLWTS!

#3 1 year ago

Great game...looks like nice example. The missing head decals is bizarre...I own one and have never heard of any crinkle issue. I imagine head decals are easy to get from Stern and easy to apply...shouldn't be a big deal to correct.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Great game...looks like nice example. The missing head decals is bizarre...I own one and have never heard of any crinkle issue. I imagine head decals are easy to get from Stern and easy to apply...shouldn't be a big deal to correct.

Stern had issues with head decals. One of mine fell off. Stern sent me a new set, and they were fairly easy to apply. Surface prep is the key to replacing them, otherwise they will fall off again. Common on MET.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Stern had issues with head decals. One of mine fell off. Stern sent me a new set, and they were fairly easy to apply. Surface prep is the key to replacing them, otherwise they will fall off again. Common on MET.

Interesting. I imagine it's unique to the 2nd run "Pro LED" that had the metal backbox (which I believe was fairly new at the time?). My MET is the original, with the wood backbox...never had a problem with the head decals.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately not so easy right now. For some reason Stern is being terrible at replacement parts. I bought a NIB Metallica back in April and both head decals were barely still hanging on, right out of the box. Placed an order for new decals within a week and still haven't heard back from Stern. My distributor follows up regularly and Stern never responds.

Awesome game though. GLWTS.

Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting. I imagine it's unique to the 2nd run "Pro LED" that had the metal backbox

That's my understanding from my research at the time, yeah. This and, I want to say WWE, had these problems with the metal backbox and decals.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

Unfortunately not so easy right now. For some reason Stern is being terrible at replacement parts. I bought a NIB Metallica back in April and both head decals were barely still hanging on, right out of the box. Placed an order for new decals within a week and still haven't heard back from Stern. My distributor follows up regularly and Stern never responds.

Sorry, but not surprised to hear that. I've had a handful of distributors over the years and none of them spoke highly of their relationship with Stern. Considering we are now forced to funnel all issues through our distributors, it's unfortunate (to be polite Years ago, Pat & Chas were always very helpful...those days are over.

#8 1 year ago

Walking Dead had this issue too.

#9 1 year ago

GLWTS, but also, what are those pods behind the game?

#10 1 year ago

Was looking at pics... that one of your reflection in the backbox is classic! Well done!

#11 1 year ago

I got a kick out of your reflection lining up with Kirk's head

Good luck with the sale.

met (resized).pngmet (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-metallica-pro-194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.