IMG_3245 (resized).jpg
IMG_3244 (resized).jpg
IMG_3240 (resized).jpg
IMG_3238 (resized).jpg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
mermaid (resized).png
Julia (resized).jpg
F52FB1DD-AE2C-4544-B079-FDF12B8B402A (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago

In before the lox

#102 1 year ago

In before the loch.

Got my plaice already.

#103 1 year ago

The OP must be getting a ray of hope from all this post activity...

#104 1 year ago

This is bullshark. I'm buying it and reselling it for 50,000 clams.

#105 1 year ago

intermission.gifintermission.gif

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Waiting for the carpgumant?

Sea faring Bidet.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

This is bullshark. I'm buying it and reselling it for 50,000 clams.

Holy mackerel! This isn't sold yet?

#108 1 year ago

OP is looking for a pin- whale to bite - hook, line & sinker.

#109 1 year ago

Holy Mackerel this is a dumb thread !

#110 1 year ago

10k by Christmas!

#111 1 year ago

Dear Cod! Can't you people behave!

#112 1 year ago

I want to buy this.. anybody here a loan shark?

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I want to buy this.. anybody here a loan shark?

What are you angling at?

#114 1 year ago

This is sardinely a rare fish--don't let it swim away! Reel it in while you have the opportunaty!

#115 1 year ago

3 pages, 1 post from the OP, I think this ship has sailed?

#116 1 year ago

It wasn’t a rock, was a rock lobster.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

3 pages, 1 post from the OP, I think this ship has sailed?

Everyone’s been very octopi’d with their sea puns.

#118 1 year ago

This thread is getting sofishticated...

#119 1 year ago

I'm not sure if this thread is worthy of any serious input, but I did a little digging, and it's not a scam or a joke. I spoke with someone who helped deliver this very game. He's a reputable collector, and a Pinsider. He knows who the seller is, and it's a legitimate offer.

#120 1 year ago

I guess he's off the hook then...

#121 1 year ago

The value in this thing is that it’s rare.

It looks like a reproduction could be made from scratch by a dedicated hobbyist for less than $10k. It’s so simple.

If it’s rarity that gives it value, then why offer it for $25k?

People who have that much money to blow $25k on this thing are rich so might as well try for $2.5M.

I mean, why not chance it that some old money or Elon Musk type wants it, someone who doesn’t even notice $2.5M.

The OP is leaving money on the table. Very atypical for pinball 2022.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm not sure if this thread is worthy of any serious input, but I did a little digging, and it's not a scam or a joke. I spoke with someone who helped deliver this very game. He's a reputable collector, and a Pinsider. He knows who the seller is, and it's a legitimate offer.

So why all the hooey of a NOOB account?

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Anyone know of a video of the backbox animation? I would love to see it. I tried searching with no luck.

Here's a link to a posting of my Mermaid from four years ago. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1951-gottlieb-mermaid

In the thread is a video I made at that time and it shows some of the game play and backbox animation. Those of you who know me realize that I make videos of gameplay and post them not only on my channel, but allow them on other sites, such as Pin Rescue's. This is not the same game that is currently for sale.

A search through my posts here on Pinside (and Pinball Owners, etc.) are mostly for the woodrails, the era that I collect mostly. It is a niche hobby - not as large a following for games from the 50's, but perhaps for us old-timers a preference for the more simplistic games, relative to the dizzying bells, music and sound effects of the modern games. Clearly, only so many were made originally, and with no thought ever that they'd become collectible, they were quickly trashed after the operators got their money back. For some of us who desire these games, (who knows how many are left?), it's worth the effort to restore the games to their former glory.

The game that I have is completely original - playfield, bumper caps, backglass, legs, cabinet, even the schematic. Although operating, I wanted to have it completely gone over and restored. Playfield paint judiciously touched up, only the front coin door and surround repainted, animation unit repainted, but the primary effort was bringing all steppers, switches and mechanicals to the best they can be:

My game is not for sale and I have thanked, but politely declined offers in the $20+K range...

#124 1 year ago

If I bought this, my wife would make me walk the plank-ton.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

The value in this thing is that it’s rare.
I mean, why not chance it that some old money or Elon Musk type wants it, someone who doesn’t even notice $2.5M.
The OP is leaving money on the table. Very atypical for pinball 2022.

False, as usual. There's like 60 spacelab games and it's worth 500 bucks because it's a piece of shit.

Why does everybody have to bring up Elon Musk these days when making a dumb point that makes zero sense?

Is he the new cars? The Muskgument? Do people think they instantly sound smarter if they mention Elon Musk?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well, if I was not a Pinside member, and had a valuable game to sell, I'd look to find some place to post an ad which would give it a lot of exposure. In order to post an ad on Pinside, you have to become a member. Thus, the new account.
I can smell a scam as well as anyone, but this seemed legit to me all the way.
As far as the $25K price tag, hey, if someone wants to pay it, good for him. He'd likely accept considerably less, but I don't blame him for starting on the high side.

#127 1 year ago

Tulip bulb craze.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

He's a reputable collector, and a Pinsider.

Again, why go through the trouble and seeming deception to create a new account?

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Again, why go through the trouble and seeming deception to create a new account?

You misunderstand. The seller was not previously a Pinsider.
The person I spoke with is, and knows of the game and the seller personally.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Here's a link to a posting of my Mermaid from four years ago. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1951-gottlieb-mermaid
In the thread is a video I made at that time and it shows some of the game play and backbox animation. Those of you who know me realize that I make videos of gameplay and post them not only on my channel, but allow them on other sites, such as Pin Rescue's. This is not the same game that is currently for sale.

Do you happen to have an actual video of the backbox animation, or is it just that photo slideshow? I was interested in seeing it operate, but didn't spot any videos in a cursory search.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do you happen to have an actual video of the backbox animation, or is it just that photo slideshow? I was interested in seeing it operate, but didn't spot any videos in a cursory search.

Seriously. I kind of want to see it more now more than anything in the world.

Maybe it's some kind of conspiracy by the Mermaid owners to keep the value of their games up. The only way to see the animation is to lay out $25K for one. Elon Musk is likely involved somehow.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

it's not a scam or a joke.

It is in Philly?
I'd trade maybe 15 Wedge Heads, but I don't think $25,000 worth.

#133 1 year ago

Hey why don't you call Elon Musk and see if he wants to buy it.

#134 1 year ago
316F958E-AECD-4093-9870-69D7D683017F.gif316F958E-AECD-4093-9870-69D7D683017F.gif
#135 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Damn! Lighten up. Give this guy a break. "Mermaid" is a highly desirable and the most collectable woodrail out there.
They don't grow on trees. It's hard to find one in *any* condition.
It just might be "worth" $25,000 to someone, and if not, he's taking offers.
Yeah, the playfield has significant wear, but the rest of the game looks pretty damn nice.
Obviously, none, or very few of the detractors here are into woodrails, but those of us who are, recognize the relative value of this model. Would "I" pay $25,000
for it? No, but it's certainly at or near the top of many woodrail collectors' wishlists, including mine. He'll likely get a good payday out of it if everything is legit.

The VFW has one beautifully restored with one of the 10-ish *Clay* commissioned preproduction playfields.

It's interesting to play for a few games, but that's about it.

IMHO, game play is *meh*

By the mid 50's, Mermaid was surpassed (game play wise) by other notable games.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I'm sure Levi would hook you up.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Better chance it goes to Eel-on Muskie.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hi,
In my post, I posted a link to an earlier thread I created in Pinside. In the thread is a video that I made that shows game play and backbox animation. Those familiar with my videos know that I like to start them off with an old video clip that may be related to the theme of the game. Perhaps the embedded video isn't playing on your device. Here is the video by itself. The backbox animation is around 2:34

#140 1 year ago

36 downvotes on his ad at this point. Can I ask, WHY??? Jealously maybe, or just plain ignorance? Here's a guy who has a rare, desirable, and collectable woodrail pinball machine. As far as I know, he's not really a pinball guy. Maybe just bought this game as an investment. I know how much he paid for it (not cheap!). I guess he realizes he's not going to do anything with it, so he's offering it for sale. Figured he'd go on a respectable and popular pinball forum; Pinside. So, he opens an account, and posts an ad. All he gets, for the most part, is negativity, sarcasm, and immature commentary. Many Pinsiders I've known over the years no longer bother to post, and only occasionally lurk. They all give the same reason; immature jerks who have nothing constructive to contribute. I have to say, I'm disappointed in many of you who have posted here. Do you think this guy feels he's had a positive experience here on Pinside? I would think not. For shame!

#142 1 year ago

Yeah, "code". People like you have no perspective. You think the modern games came out of nowhere. Respect where they came from, and the genius people who WERE pinball back in the day.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, "code". People like you have no perspective. You think the modern games came out of nowhere. Respect where they came from, and the genius people who WERE pinball back in the day.

Lighten up pal, it was a joke, and I’m very familiar with all eras of pinball.

Don’t forget to shake your fist at some clouds after you read this.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Lighten up pal, it was a joke, and I’m very familiar with all eras of pinball.
Don’t forget to shake your fist at some clouds after you read this.

I shook my fist at the rain at Pinfest; you can be sure of that!

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

most collectable woodrail out there.

They don't grow on trees.

They literally do.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They literally do.

Well, parts of them do, I guess.

#147 1 year ago
F52FB1DD-AE2C-4544-B079-FDF12B8B402A (resized).jpegF52FB1DD-AE2C-4544-B079-FDF12B8B402A (resized).jpeg
#148 1 year ago

Looks like he’s climaxing. Now that’s my kind of game.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

36 downvotes on his ad at this point. Can I ask, WHY??? Jealously maybe? Here's a guy who has a rare, desirable, and collectable woodrail pinball machine. As far as I know, he's not really a pinball guy. Maybe just bought this game as an investment. I know how much he paid for it (not cheap!). I guess he realizes he's not going to do anything with it, so he's offering it for sale. Figured he'd go on a respectable and popular pinball forum; Pinside. So, he opens an account, and posts an ad. All he gets, for the most part, is negativity, sarcasm, and immature commentary. Many Pinsiders I've known over the years no longer bother to post, and only occasionally lurk. They all give the same reason; immature jerks who have nothing constructive to contribute. I have to say, I'm disappointed in many of you who have posted here. Do you think this guy feels he's had a positive experience here on Pinside? I would think not. For shame!

Sorry dad...

#150 1 year ago

That's ok. Just more ignorance.
You don't have any appreciation for the roots of the games you enjoy today. There are some of us who are still around, and thankfully some very young pinball enthusiasts who appreciate the games of the distant past, and realize what rare treasures they are at this point in time. Go ahead and live for today.
Like so many young people today, they think the world started the day they were born.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-mermaid/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.