New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177793)

For sale: Medusa

By jgentry

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0415 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170107_085812215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085758421 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085827225 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085820314 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085900217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090001938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090116239 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090108153 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090154895 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 3,100 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Medusa

Added: January 7th, 2017 Ended: January 15th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

Up for sale is a decent condition Medusa. Game has fresh bulbs and rubbers and plays 100%. Cabinet has some scratches and chips but is solid. Boards are clean. Game will come with a CPR playfield that is being cleared by Kruzman. I was going to have the game restored but have changed my mind. I will have the playfield shipped directly to the new owner when ready. Game has a nice backglass which looks great but unfortunately is nip free. Please PM with and questions. Shipping is fine with STI.

Item photos

IMG_20170107_090154895 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090108153 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090116239 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_090001938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085900217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085820314 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085827225 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085758421 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_085812215 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Gallatin, TN, US

Seller insights

These are jgentry's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jgentry's stats page

#2 3 years ago

If someone wants the base game only I can let it go for $1800 and I'll just sell the playfield separate.

#3 3 years ago

Bump for a great guy to work with.

#4 3 years ago

for 3100 I thought it would be a balls deep restoration.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

for 3100 I thought it would be a balls deep restoration.

I've yet to see a fully restored Medusa on the market so I'm not sure what a high end restore would go for. I'm guessing $4500 wouldn't touch one though. Could be wrong though, as always the market will decide the price.

#6 3 years ago

What does NIP free mean for the back glass?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What does NIP free mean for the back glass?

Means the art is the 'censored version' that doesn't have nipples poking out.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If someone wants the base game only I can let it go for $1800 and I'll just sell the playfield separate.

$1,800 for the base game without the clear coated CPR play field is a good deal. I hunted for a Medusa for about a year before I found one to send to HEP and I wasn't finding a decent base game (that didn't have water damage or something like that) for under $2,100 and this more than two years ago.

#9 3 years ago

I just sold an original, non restored Medusa for $2400, though it had a really clean playfield.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Means the art is the 'censored versions' that doesn't have nipples poking out.

I noticed mine was nipple free too.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I noticed mine was nipple free too.

Don't go looking at pics of an original backglass then. It will make you sad not having one.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Don't go looking at pics of an original backglass then. It will make you sad not having one.

Too late...and you're right. Also, the google search revealed a great pair of Medusa theme'd nipple rings. Somehow I doubt I could talk my spouse into installing a pair. Haha!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Too late...and you're right. Also, the google search revealed a great pair of Medusa theme'd nipple rings. Somehow I doubt I could talk my spouse into installing a pair. Haha!

I had been keeping my eyes peeled for an original to pop up for sale but none ever seem to be available. Seems no Medusa owners desire to live in a nip free world

#14 3 years ago

The original had camel toe too

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've yet to see a fully restored Medusa on the market so I'm not sure what a high end restore would go for. I'm guessing $4500 wouldn't touch one though. Could be wrong though, as always the market will decide the price.

i've had 3 , and one had the tips and camel toe. I usually got $700-900 for them fully working. for nice looking machines. Playfields hold up well, usually not to much wear on them.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've had 3 , and one had the tips and camel toe. I usually got $700-900 for them fully working. for nice looking machines. Playfields hold up well, usually not to much wear on them.

Well, if those were recent either your prices are crazy low or I'm priced crazy high.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Well, if those were recent either your prices are crazy low or I'm priced crazy high.

yes

they made a shitload of Medusas.

#18 3 years ago

Drop your price to 900 and we'll see who's what... I'd buy it immediately for 1000.

#19 3 years ago

Jgentry you aren't to high from what I've seen lately. I'm not just saying that because I have one coming either.

Mine is for sure not censored!

IMG_0415 (resized).JPG

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Jgentry you aren't to high from what I've seen lately. I'm not just saying that because I have one coming either.
Mine is for sure not censored!

You just had to go and rub that backglass in mine and TigerLaws face, didn't you.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, the google search revealed a great pair of Medusa theme'd nipple rings. Somehow I doubt I could talk my spouse into installing a pair. Haha!

Well, I showed my spouse the mod I was thinking to install on her, I got shut down rather fast. At least I gave it a shot.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You just had to go and rub that backglass in mine and TigerLaws face, didn't you.

Haha! Sorry!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I had been keeping my eyes peeled for an original to pop up for sale but none ever seem to be available. Seems no Medusa owners desire to live in a nip free world

I have a NOS original that I would sell.

#25 3 years ago

Well at least my for sale adds are good for something! Awesome find TigerLaw. It's going to look great in that HEP.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Most original backglasses were the censored version. Anyone knows if CPR did both versions of the backglass?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

CPR did both versions

CPR did the proto version only. (nip and toe)

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

Most original backglasses were the censored version. Anyone knows if CPR did both versions of the backglass?

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

#29 3 years ago

$1800 is what I gave for my Medusa. CPR playfield ~$700, Ron Kruzman treatment ~$600 (I'm guessing), so $3100 seems on the money to me.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, I showed my spouse the mod I was thinking to install on her, I got shut down rather fast. At least I gave it a shot.

This is not true Mr. TigerLaw. I was perfectly willing to be "modded" but I said you had to have the "mod installed" on your person first. You chickened out immediately and changed the subject...big talker.

#31 3 years ago

I emailed Ron and it shouldn't be more then a couple of months on the playfield.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

This is not true Mr. TigerLaw. I was perfectly willing to be "modded" but I said you had to have the "mod installed" on your person first. You chickened out immediately and changed the subject...big talker.

Yes, this is embarrassingly true. I don't have the stomach for pain!

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

$1800 is what I gave for my Medusa. CPR playfield ~$700, Ron Kruzman treatment ~$600 (I'm guessing), so $3100 seems on the money to me.

yes, but 3100 fully restored. This one is not. Has planking on the playfield and cabinet wear. put together sure. Swapping playfields on this game is no easy feat.

#34 3 years ago

Don't say that! I'm about to embark on a Medusa Playfield swap after the spare original playfield I have gets fixed up.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but 3100 fully restored. This one is not. Has planking on the playfield and cabinet wear. put together sure. Swapping playfields on this game is no easy feat.

So just making sure I understand. You think I'm way high right? Didn't catch it the first time .

I'm likely going to end up just splitting this up as I've been pretty much offered my asking price for the 2 combined, just to separate buyers. I was just hoping one person was looking to do a restore and would get both though. Going to hold out for a few days longer to see if I can find a buyer for both.

#36 3 years ago

If TigerLaw doesn't buy it for some reason let me know!

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If TigerLaw doesn't buy it for some reason let me know!

It is NOS but not the uncensored version. It's available still I believe.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is NOS but not the uncensored version.

Crapis

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Just one of the many reasons why Pinside is my goto website for knowledge, market finds AND ENTERTAINMENT!!! Love it!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Come on Tiger! Seems like a perfectly reasonable request and turnabout is fair play.

I like you even more now Pav!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Don't say that! I'm about to embark on a Medusa Playfield swap after the spare original playfield I have gets fixed up.

the worst of it, is that bally used the long staples for the wood side rails. All games that have those, it's a real bitch to get those out without really messing up the playfield more.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So just making sure I understand. You think I'm way high right? Didn't catch it the first time .
I'm likely going to end up just splitting this up as I've been pretty much offered my asking price for the 2 combined, just to separate buyers. I was just hoping one person was looking to do a restore and would get both though. Going to hold out for a few days longer to see if I can find a buyer for both.

actually with everything done, I think you are right on the money.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually with everything done, I think you are right on the money.

But everything isn't done, heck the playfield isn't even finished yet. So you are saying I'm way high, right? Just say it, you will feel better and not have to keep saying it without saying

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the worst of it, is that bally used the long staples for the wood side rails. All games that have those, it's a real bitch to get those out without really messing up the playfield more.

Right on. The original playfield is pretty blown out in the bonus area. I've got a spare that has already been stripped and seems to be in real nice condition from the pictures other than a ball trail out of the shooter and a spot at the upper kick out hole. I'll shoot you some pictures of it when I get for a quote.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Right on. The original playfield is pretty blown out in the bonus area. I've got a spare that has already been stripped and seems to be in real nice condition from the pictures other than a ball trail out of the shooter and a spot at the upper kick out hole. I'll shoot you some pictures of it when I get for a quote.

CaptainNeo is dead on about this game being a real pain for a playfield swap. I'd rather tackle any DMD title then Medusa.

#46 3 years ago

Well I usually dive in head first! Good thing is im going from an original to a original so the holes are already there.

#47 3 years ago

Base game is sold and I'm happy to say it will be on route in the Nashville area for all to enjoy. Playfield is available and I can have Ron ship directly to anyone that wants it. The playfield is from the recent CPR run. It is not stamped with a class so it does not say A, B, or C. It was pulled out before they were stamped and Ron thought it was of very good quality. Not that it matters as he is making it perfect anyway. $1300 shipped to your door if you want it. It should be ready in a few months or maybe sooner. For anyone interested the game sold for the asking price of $1800.

#48 3 years ago

I've been watching this thread to see what this machine sells for so now that this one sold I have two Medusa's I'll be selling soon. PM for details.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Let it go already. There are no more Medusas for $700-$900 and no one selling fully-restored Medusas for $3100.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Let it go already. There are no more Medusas for $700-$900 and no one selling fully-restored Medusas for $3100.

+1. Just like you can't find $1500 Centaurs. Time to face reality.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside