You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8512 (resized).jpg
2C6B476A-ED32-48BE-B447-9F516DB6D46C.gif
pricepolicebingo (resized).jpg
image0MM (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Medieval Madness

Added: 2021-06-08 20:24:02 UTC • Ended: June 13th, 2021
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 9,500

Looking for an original 1997 Williams Medieval Madness to add to your collection? Look no further! This gem is in player's condition with wear not affecting play. There is playfield wear in front of both slingshots, with more wear seen leading to the two yellow troll standup targets. A previous owner had allowed (I'm guessing) the back box to come down on the playfield when moving. This in no way affects play. The small dents can be seen on the rails in the picture. The white paint on the Williams logo below the DMD has faded away, but an easy fix.

All of the issues are purely cosmetic and in no way affect the play. This is a classic wife-wants-it-gone kinda deal. As I'm sure you can guess, this is my star. The apple of my eye. My favorite machine in my collection. I hate to see it go. Better message me before I take this post down and change my mind (just tell my wife it simply didn't sell)! Thanks for looking!

Item photos

image0MM (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinlover83's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to pinlover83's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lexington, KY, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

#2 2 years ago

Is that a Mirco playfield?

#3 2 years ago

10k for a blown out MM? Really?

#4 2 years ago

I wonder what a fair price to offer on this would be..

#5 2 years ago

Funny post at the end - Likely priced in the "I really dont want to sell but the market is so hot right now and my wife etc.." category. GLWTS

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Funny post at the end - Likely priced in the "I really dont want to sell but the market is so hot right now and my wife etc.." category. GLWTS

Yeah, dumb. “Hurry, message me before I take it down.” Trying to create fomo I guess on a blown out mm

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, dumb. “Hurry, message me before I take it down.” Trying to create fomo I guess on a blown out mm

I'm pretty sure the posting is a parody.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I honestly don’t think so. Look at his lineup. This would be the gem of it for sure

#9 2 years ago

Ew ow man! Man you guys are rough… whew, i’m glad i aint got nothin to sell…

#10 2 years ago

The blown out area looks like a giant cock and ball imprint

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The blown out area looks like a giant cock and ball imprint

Guess this is one of those games that has sex with you.

pricepolicebingo (resized).jpgpricepolicebingo (resized).jpg
#12 2 years ago

Dang, really wish this was priced according to the damage. I am in the market for MM and I would love to do my first playfield swap with this. Good luck with the sale OP and let me know if you’re willing to negotiate significantly!

#13 2 years ago

The King of Payne has never been in so much Payne

#14 2 years ago

Im looking for a beater MM...but at 9500 I will keep looking...

#15 2 years ago

On the bright side it looks like the wear is symmetrical!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im looking for a beater MM...but at 9500 I will keep looking...

2C6B476A-ED32-48BE-B447-9F516DB6D46C.gif2C6B476A-ED32-48BE-B447-9F516DB6D46C.gif
#17 2 years ago

It is interesting that the seller says it is his star, and the apple of his eye, but his wife wants it gone. I do not understand why she would not be OK with his Firepower being gone instead. Then, he could keep the apple of his eye.

Clearly this is a machine that would get sold (to me as 1 example) as a beater - project machine for restoration at a lower price if not to someone that would actually pay his asking price. However, perhaps the seller is not motivated. It would appear so.

He said to message him before he takes it down. I did. However, he did not say if he would reply before he takes it down. LOL.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I wonder what a fair price to offer on this would be..

Assuming that the cab looks like the playfield, or worse, I would offer 4500 tops. Its gotten so stupid Im thinking about listing a pair of broken flippers for $2k. Makes about as much sense.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Assuming that the cab looks like the playfield, or worse, I would offer 4500 tops.

I'll take all the $5k worn & working MMs you pass on.

#20 2 years ago

I wouldn’t pay more than 4000 on that heap.

But many others would. And I just have to accept that and move on with my life.

#21 2 years ago

I am only seeing 1 picture of the machine. Are there others I am not seeing for some reason?

#22 2 years ago

I don't blame your wife wanting it gone. It looks horrible.

#23 2 years ago

no disrespect intended but you may want to price check this... nicer "players" examples were going under 7k in the last couple months. Had a really nice one sit at 8700 for weeks before I ended up trading it about a year ago..

#24 2 years ago

I'm most confused about the specific mentions of wear at the slings and the troll targets, but no mention of the giant gouges worn into the playfield in front of each flipper and the entire center playfield.

#25 2 years ago

I don't mind people testing the market

But it would help to provide some photos of the nicer elements of the game, to support an argument for the price.

#26 2 years ago

I did this once with an old truck. Wife wanted it gone, I listed it on CL for 2x what it was worth, it didn't sell, I kept the truck and the wife. Pro move IMO.

In today's market, maybe you have to go 4x to make sure it doesn't sell?

-Wes

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Assuming that the cab looks like the playfield, or worse, I would offer 4500 tops. Its gotten so stupid Im thinking about listing a pair of broken flippers for $2k. Makes about as much sense.

I would pay 5k, its a perfect resto candidate

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:I would pay 5k, its a perfect resto candidate

Yup

#30 2 years ago

I would too and Im an hour away - but you gotta shoot for the stars these days.

I second the statement - GO CATS!

Quoted from cosmokramer:

I would pay 5k, its a perfect resto candidate

#31 2 years ago

Jeez way market is at the moment anything is possible.

#32 2 years ago

If any of you owned a Medeivel Madness in this condition would you be listing it at $4000.00 to $5000.00?? I don't think so....

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If any of you owned a Medeivel Madness in this condition would you be listing it at $4000.00 to $5000.00?? I don't think so....

I agree. I think if this was inthe $6500 to $7000 range I could see someone buying it. Not me or a lot of guys who posted on this thread, but someone out there would.

#34 2 years ago

It would be a cool one if it could be had for a decent price, I would send it to HEP.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I agree. I think if this was inthe $6500 to $7000 range I could see someone buying it. Not me or a lot of guys who posted on this thread, but someone out there would.

Yep, I could see that. 6k to 7k was my guess. 2k for radcals, playfield, plastics, rails, legs etc with a ton of work but you’ll have an amazing MM

#36 2 years ago

For sure, it is worth more than 5K, assuming nothing major is wrong that has not been disclosed. It is worth more than 5k because I would pay more than that. I would pay more than 6.5k and perhaps more than 7k if and only if the seller who I contacted will show a serious interest in selling the machine today. How much would depend on knowing more about the machine and seeing more pictures. However, I would not pay anywhere close to the asking price, but maybe someone will.

I contacted the seller, and he is indicating many have reached out to him and his goal is to sell at or near his asking price. He clearly is willing to risk the loss of a good sale today based on the belief he will get more by waiting, and maybe he will and maybe he will not.

If I were to get it, I would get it to send to HEP. Of course that is a huge expense when you add to the cost of the machine at least $6,000 labor and perhaps $4,000 parts and shipping x 2. That would not make sense to me if overpaying for the machine.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

I would pay more than 6.5k and perhaps more than 7k

Quoted from jgelman:

That would not make sense to me if overpaying for the machine.

You would be overpaying at 6500

#38 2 years ago

I'd just buy the remake at this price and deal with the "crappy flippers"

yikes

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That's the first thing I thought, only one lousy picture too.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I mean... I probably would lol. But I'd most likely restore it, to be honest.

#41 2 years ago

I would take the $6500 bad cats over this

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

No chance. I’d have restored it already!

#43 2 years ago

Man I skipped out on one nicer than this a few months ago at 6k. Guess I screwed up.

With the remakes out, people willing to pay top dollar for any old OG MM are few. Maybe you will luck out and some diehard who doesn't already have one will buy it at that price.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I would take the $6500 bad cats over this

5500 now!

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If any of you owned a Medeivel Madness in this condition

wouldn't let any of my games get to this condition ... sad really great title

#46 2 years ago

My interest in the game and willingness to pay a certain amount was associated with comments about first wanting to know more about the machine and to see more pictures (which I requested). Clearly this is a top dollar asking price based on the condition of the playfield alone, but I am not sure why there would be only 1 picture regardless of the asking price, especially from a seller whose 1 post was the listing, and there is no seller feedback history.

#47 2 years ago

steal. I think you should be able to get that in today's market.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

steal. I think you should be able to get that in today's market.

Thanks. Just got tired of the crap on the thread. I get it, but it got excessive.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'd just buy the remake at this price and deal with the "crappy flippers"
yikes

Where would you find this so called remake? Being they are all sold out. You would wait for the next remake?? Should be after there next 3 games. GL waiting 5+ years

#50 2 years ago

Well, I am out. I can't even be sure that this is a serious classified, and starting to get a bad feeling. The seller has no posts other than the listing of this machine, and did not offer to provide references. There is only 1 picture and this is very odd, especially for an asking price so high. It is being presented as a gem, but nothing in his one picture would justify the word "gem" (something prized for great beauty or perfection) It would be nice to see pictures of the cabinet inside and out, under the playfield etc. especially with the playfield in such terrible condition. I asked for pictures, but did not get a response.

In response to my PM yesterday, the reply today indicated that his plan was to try to get his price as there was a lot of interest.

For me, the only way I would want his machine is for a HEP restoration, but not at that price. My offer was just for today, and I thought it was generous and clearly some of you thought it was too generous. Anyhow, I have no problem with him asking $9,500 or $95,000. I will be curious to see what happens in the end, but all too often the sale price is never disclosed.

My main interest was a TZ for HEP restoration. However, I figured that if I could get a project MM at a good price from a motivated seller, perhaps I would get a MM instead. If anyone has a not so great but not totally trashed TZ or MM or 1981 EBD to sell, feel free to send me a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-medieval-madness-63/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.