(Topic ID: 123278)

For sale: MEDIEVAL MADDNESS REMAKE LE, buffalo n.y.

By mjm697

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg
    JimmyTheGreek.jpeg
    bear.jpeg
    image.jpg
    balloon-pop1.png
    image.jpg
    download (19).jpg
    images (28).jpg
    20150320_135225.jpg
    20150320_125626.jpg
    20150320_135850.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago

Where did MJM697 say he waited 2 years? I agree with teekee great opportunity to have it my now if you were waiting to see how they came out. I could order one now and wait 6 months or drive an hour and be playing today! GTWTS

#52 9 years ago

I have to admit, pretty crazy to see a MMR for sale already, but one man's loss is another man's gain. Guy can sell it NIB if he wanted too, nothing wrong with that.

Just crazy though, I know 5 guys that would give their left nut for this machine (and possibly the right)

#53 9 years ago

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from nintendo:

I know 5 guys that would give their left nut for this machine (and possibly the right).

He's not looking for testicles just $8200... so where are these 5 guys?

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from nintendo:

I have to admit, pretty crazy to see a MMR for sale already, but one man's loss is another man's gain. Guy can sell it NIB if he wanted too, nothing wrong with that.
    Just crazy though, I know 5 guys that would give their left nut for this machine (and possibly the right)

That's still almost 12k CAD.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

That's still almost 12k CAD.

Ya it's crazy stupid now with the exchange rates. I don't even have wet dreams anymore of owning a TWD LE or any other pin which requires me to dig in the states.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from nintendo:

I have to admit, pretty crazy to see a MMR for sale already, but one man's loss is another man's gain.

When you sell 1,000 of anything, one of those guys is bound to do something crazy.

In terms of loss and gain, I'm not sure how paying $200 over MSRP for a used game is a gain, but whatever.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from acpinlover12:

When you sell 1,000 of anything, one of those guys is bound to do something crazy.
    In terms of loss and gain, I'm not sure how paying $200 over MSRP for a used game is a gain, but whatever.

Aren't all the LE's sold out?

#59 9 years ago

Even if the LEs are sold out, you can buy a standard NIB for 8k (which is the exact same, minus a real wood bottom..lol and a shaker that can be added for ~200). The real hook here is that you can have it now vs waiting for months to get your standard. To some that may be worth a couple hundred. I don't see the problem either way. GLWS OP.

#60 9 years ago

Psshhhh....$200 extra to get the game right now is no big deal. We all know that a freshly opened game is just as good as a NIB. We also know there's no surprises out of the box that need to be fixed right away since its already been played a little bit. This is basically "rush delivery" with a little insurance.

#61 9 years ago

The OP is probably just trying to recover some of the shipping in addition to the price of the pin. It's priced right for those that want it now. GLWS!

#62 9 years ago

People have waited a long time for these, they are finally shipping, the quality is top notch and they are going to make as many as they can sell. Why would someone want to pay over retail?

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Why would someone want to pay over retail?

Maybe there is someone close to his location that wants to play it today and not wait a few more months... plus you're forgetting about $250-500 in shipping costs which most will have to pay. Not to mention this one is already tested and has no issues like some will experience pulling a new one out of the box... any other questions?

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Maybe there is someone close to his location that wants to play it today and not wait a few more months... plus you're forgetting about $250-500 in shipping costs which most will have to pay.

My point was, there will be plenty of these and waiting 6 months will likely net a better deal.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

My point was, there will be plenty of these and waiting 6 months will likely net a better deal.

Totally agree but for some waiting 6 months is not an option...

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of a good situation... PPS did!

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Why would someone want to pay over retail?

Word.

IMO used games should be cheaper than nib and 20 plays is pure speculation, you mean he's not playing it at all?

1000 units for an $8k game is not that limited.

#67 9 years ago

Also, sorry OP. GLWS.

#68 9 years ago

Honestly I think he's trying to sell it too cheap.

If someone WANTS IT NOW they might be willing to pay a $500 vig to do it. As is the seller is breaking even. Seems like a real pain in the ass to make zero money.

As is the seller is catching plenty of shit for just trying to unload the game - so why not ask $9,000 and at least earn some that shit?

#69 9 years ago

For me it's a no brainer if the seller lives close to me. Pay $8200 and bypass the waiting period + shipping.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from nintendo:

For me it's a no brainer if the seller lives close to me. Pay $8200 and bypass the waiting period + shipping.

Agree, sorry OP I think some of the down comments are pointed more at the idea that $8200 is considered normal for this game. I agree it's a super game, but I was on the list but decided $8400 was not for me, so $8200 is about the same to me. I bet this will sell in the middle area (like $8000).

#71 9 years ago

I believe You will see a lot more for sale and soon. People that have never owned one may be a little disappointed.

I've owned 4 original MM's and own one right now. It is a great game.

But the newer Sterns are great also. AC/DC,Metallica,STLE...etc.

I play my Sterns more than my MM...and guests do also.

And since You can order a standard that doesn't help the market.

FYI...I cancelled my order with the thought process I like my color DMD on my original and felt there will always be an opportunity down the line to find a HUO MMrLE.

#72 9 years ago

GLWS to the OP..

The only real problem a buyer might have is that the warranty on the unit extends to the original buyer only.

If it wasn't for the lack of branding, I would have considered selling my original MM and getting one of these. But as it is, I will just restore mine and have an original. I think the value of the originals will always be higher than the remakes.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Great point. You should get this important message out to those people that wait in lines for Apple products, or pay over retail on ebay for hard to find consumer electronics, or, or, or

Oh, wait a minute... that's right ....some people don't like to wait SIX MONTHS and are actualy willing to pay a little more $$$ for scarce items because of it.

lol...

#74 9 years ago

^^^.....hahaha...ohh pinside.....got to love it................Joey

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly I think he's trying to sell it too cheap.
    If someone WANTS IT NOW they might be willing to pay a $500 vig to do it.

Spoken like a true NYer. You have been hanging around too many dark alleys there LEVI.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Even if the LEs are sold out, you can buy a standard NIB for 8k (which is the exact same, minus a real wood bottom..lol and a shaker that can be added for ~200). The real hook here is that you can have it now vs waiting for months to get your standard. To some that may be worth a couple hundred. I don't see the problem either way. GLWS OP.

I think the LE's come with the free upgrade to multi color DMD programming as well once it is done. Standards will be an up charge for the multi color DMD programming. LE is a way better deal! Standards are only stainless as well, no gold or black.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

I think the LE's come with the free upgrade to multi color DMD programming as well once it is done. Standards will be an up charge for the multi color DMD programming. LE is a way better deal! Standards are only stainless as well, no gold or black.

This is not yet confirmed but may be true

#78 9 years ago

SOLD!

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

I believe You will see a lot more for sale and soon. People that have never owned one may be a little disappointed.

I've owned 4 original MM's and own one right now. It is a great game.

But the newer Sterns are great also. AC/DC,Metallica,STLE...etc.

I play my Sterns more than my MM...and guests do also.

This. MM was one of the best games of the 90s. We've come a long way since then. Once people realize the game isn't the second coming after all, lots will show up on the market as people sell to buy GOT or Lawlor's 3rd game.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

This. MM was one of the best games of the 90s. We've come a long way since then. Once people realize the game isn't the second coming after all, lots will show up on the market as people sell to buy GOT or Lawlor's 3rd game.

That. Pinball hasn't come a long way since then. The best 90s bally/williams games are still better than the stuff coming out now.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That. Pinball hasn't come a long way since then. The best 90s bally/williams games are still better than the stuff coming out now.

Can't agree. Don't have time to go into it deeply, but right now IMHO the only WMS games that compare to the best Sterns would be MM, AFM and TZ. (and Safecracker but it's odd). WMS made a lot of really good games, but compared to the likes of LOTR, STLE, MET, ACDC, TSPP... (and WOZ if not just Stern) .. they're just not as fun.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In my dumb old opinion, B/W games have better layouts and more fun and elaborate playfields, but the modern Sterns have better rulesets (eventually, anyway!)

Stern will never build anything as mechanically complicated as STTNG or Rudy on Funhouse (or MM's castle for that matter) and while I'm sure this makes them much more reliable and affordable, it is still a compromise. Not bashing Stern, I love their games and hope to own one someday. But the classics are classics for a reason too.

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Great point. You should get this important message out to those people that wait in lines for Apple products, or pay over retail on ebay for hard to find consumer electronics, or, or, or
    Oh, wait a minute... that's right ....some people don't like to wait SIX MONTHS and are actualy willing to pay a little more $$$ for scarce items because of it.
    lol...

Yep..most people are sheep. Artificial demand always creates pandaemonium and the gotta get it now mentality.

This sales thread "is BLOWIN' UP.....on a Thursday."

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Can't agree. Don't have time to go into it deeply, but right now IMHO the only WMS games that compare to the best Sterns would be MM, AFM and TZ. (and Safecracker but it's odd). WMS made a lot of really good games, but compared to the likes of LOTR, STLE, MET, ACDC, TSPP... (and WOZ if not just Stern) .. they're just not as fun.

MMr gives those who have never owned an MM (let alone 4!) an opportunity to get a NIB or barely used one at a price point simply not feasible until now.

I do agree that there will be plenty of MMr's available over the upcoming months/years as folks find other shiny objects to add to their collection.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

I thought I had read somewhere that both the LEs and the Standards were going to get the color DMD? Anyway, I'll bet its included in the end. They are going to need to create an incentive to sell the standards at 8k. As for the trim, I suppose if you prefer the powder coated trim that's a plus. Personally speaking, I prefer the stainless in this case.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I thought I had read somewhere that both the LEs and the Standards were going to get the color DMD? Anyway, I'll bet its included in the end.

Both contain a color LCD panel that can be set to pretty much any mono-color you want. Some time after the initial announcement folks started asking about ColorDMD full color integration and it was said that wouldn't work with the new architecture. Since then the only promise made is that Chicago Gaming is working on an upgrade. No price has been quoted for this if they are able to do it. No delivery date has been committed to. If it happens consider it a happy bonus, but folks should not be assuming this will be coming.

The reality is there will always be mods and features that may only work on one platform or the other. If full color animations are important to you MMr might not turn out the be the game for you. Likewise, if uncompressed audio is your thing the original is probably going to be a disappointment.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Not to mention this one is already tested and has no issues like some will experience pulling a new one out of the box... any other questions?

Yeah because shipping wont cause issues the second time.

Only when PPS ships it can cause problems?

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Actually, thousands of colors to choose from. 8 total pre-made colors, but you can make any color you want.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Where did MJM697 say he waited 2 years? I agree with teekee great opportunity to have it my now if you were waiting to see how they came out. I could order one now and wait 6 months or drive an hour and be playing today! GTWTS

Don't Forget to take a jump to your bank!

But i agree with you.

MM, my favorite ever. But prices are crazy now and i don't understand why such a price for a remake?

#90 9 years ago

This is no different than someone buying a brand new Stern and selling it a week later. Its a fair price and as mentioned above some people don't want to wait. They want it now.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

This is no different than someone buying a brand new Stern and selling it a week later. Its a fair price and as mentioned above some people don't want to wait. They want it now.

Except you know exactly what you're getting with MM...a new Stern game could be awesome or could suck.

#92 9 years ago

So original medieval madness is still king ?

#93 9 years ago

It hasn't been 2 years. I was one of the first to put down a deposit and that was on 10/22/2013. That's almost less than 1 year & 5 months. I would say that's not bad considering all that goes into building a game. Remake or not.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

This sales thread "is BLOWIN' UP.....on a Thursday."

balloon-pop1.pngballoon-pop1.png
    #95 9 years ago

20 plays?

I would put more on it in one day if i got it NIB

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Stern will never build anything as mechanically complicated as STTNG or Rudy on Funhouse (or MM's castle for that matter) and while I'm sure this makes them much more reliable and affordable, it is still a compromise. Not bashing Stern, I love their games and hope to own one someday. But the classics are classics for a reason too

Agree with this for the most part, although Stern occasionally gets things right. POTC's ship is very cool, and Sparky is a great toy, even though it's a simple design. Still, after a while, rules trump toys when it comes to deciding which games to play...

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Agree with this for the most part, although Stern occasionally gets things right. POTC's ship is very cool, and Sparky is a great toy, even though it's a simple design. Still, after a while, rules trump toys when it comes to deciding which games to play...

I don't know how complicated of a toy it is, but that bell on AC/DC is brilliant. I'll put that up against any B/W mechanism any day of the week.

#98 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#99 9 years ago

Man you guys sure make mountains out of molehills. Mike is a great guy I bought my first 2 pins from him which were fantastic deals, he sold me his fully working good condition STTNG for 3500 when he could have gotten a lot more from it. He just gets bored with pins quickly and 8k+ is a lot to have into a machine if you don't fully love it. I can assure anyone who's interested that theres nothing fishy here the only catch would be you'll probably have to help him carry it up his damned basement stairs.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mooses:

He just gets bored with pins quickly

LOL, I guess!!! 20 plays.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-medieval-maddness-remake-le-buffalo-ny/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.