IMG_8740.PNG
MG BM66 (resized).jpg
BC960DCA-F475-43BF-A7CC-05756E90E26C-1570-00000275266E59E0 (resized).jpg
68401652 (resized).jpg
popcorn (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-03-01-19-40-40 (resized).png
IMG_8860 (resized).JPG
IMG_8861 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You lost me here.
I couldn't disagree more.

Come on, he didn't do it itentionally to screw people. He did not have the business side covered, he's just an artist. I'm not saying what he did was right, in fact it was stupid and disgraceful to the pinball industry. My only argument is he didn't do it with the intent to defraud people unless it's proven otherwise. It's a shame it went incomplete as the game would have been another JPOP classic, and having owned all his games, I'm sure I'm giving him more credit then he deserves, but he did great work in the past. He should have gone over to Jersey Jack and design a few games there.

#152 7 years ago

Damn! MG is a pretty pin. People collect pinball machines. Those with the bucks like rarity and history. It sounds like MG sure has both. And it good looking to boot.

Those who have the kind of money to spend on MG are most likely well acquainted with risk. One risk they will not have is "remake" risk like MM owners.

1) Hitler's WW II phone recently sold for $250,000.00 US. The history is not good but there is history and it is the only Hitler Phone.

2) Marilyn Monroe's white dress form Seven Year Itch sold for $4.6 million in 2011.

3) In 2012, John Tralvolta's Saturday Night Fever suit sold for $145,000.00.

4) how about that hot pink Hot Wheels VW bus for $100,000.00?

People collect things. Usually, people with money collect the better things. It the 70's it the regular people collecting Jim Beam bottles and Avon bottles. And then we had the baseball "limited edition" craze. You get the idea. They all crashed.

I think if I had the money, I think would take a risk on a MG. And put her right next to the Picasso and Dali I have hanging on the wall (I don't have a Dali or Picasso but wanted to make perspective.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Buy my RAZA spot for much less. Come join the wacky, zany, fun adventures of Zidware-land! Be a part of the excitement with: Missed deadlines, delusional thinking, forecast impossibilities, vague and misleading statements.
AND, if you act now, I will provide Jpop's phone number where you can listen to his voice mail over and over again. ** It's an I-Phone!! **
Visit the magical world of my sales hype here

Lol that was pretty funny

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

Come on, he didn't do it itentionally to screw people. He did not have the business side covered, he's just an artist. I'm not saying what he did was right, in fact it was stupid and disgraceful to the pinball industry. My only argument is he didn't do it with the intent to defraud people unless it's proven otherwise. It's a shame it went incomplete as the game would have been another JPOP classic, and having owned all his games, I'm sure I'm giving him more credit then he deserves, but he did great work in the past. He should have gone over to Jersey Jack and design a few games there.

Well all that conveniently glosses over or completely leaving out the fact he kept taking deposits on newly announced games as late as pintasia's involvement. I'm certain he didn't set out to defraud but there was most assuredly a point where that line got blurred. Your posts have a slight revisionists perspective.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

Anyone who loves JPOPs previous games like Theatre of Magic, Tales of the Arabian Nights or Circus Voltaire would drool over owning a MG even if it's not a functioning game. I would personally pay $15k-$18k for one because I can. Call me stupid but it's something I can't explain as a collector. The design and art is beautiful. Sure the project went down the tube, and people say JPOP is a fraud, he's not, he wasn't able to forecast costs, management, poor decision making. He didn't intend to screw anyone, just misguided. If I had deposited money and never saw a dime back I'm sure I'd have a different opinion.
Instead is scrapping the project, Jersey Jack should have taken over the project, nothing compares to JJ, they would have made this dream a reality, and if JJ did take it over I'd pay $15-$20k, unfortunately there's only a handful of people who would pay it therefore not filling demand. Once you go Jersey Jack you don't go back. With their talent, vision, and quality, they'd have easily completed MG.

Welcome to Pinside....Epic first post!

You sound a bit like Zidware's ex-public relations employee.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

Come on, he didn't do it itentionally to screw people. He did not have the business side covered, he's just an artist.

I agree he did not begin day one with bad intentions. But as he began to lose control he evolved into a deceitful man where honorable actions should have been taken instead. Even a great artist knows what children are taught. He made horrendous choices where honesty and asking for help would have been the best way forward.

This machine will sell eventually for its collectibility and even more so because of its notoriety. A sold price is a curiosity to me but I couldn't care less otherwise as it has no impact on my life.

Good luck with sale

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Welcome to Pinside....Epic first post!
You sound a bit like Zidware's ex-public relations employee.

I've browsed pinside for years, I've been part of other forums. Decided to search for Magic Girl hence the reason for signing up.

On a side note I'm not affiliated with Zidware, so I don't have an official Zidware keychain to show off, I just love all of popadiuks games and disappointed with the outcome of magic girl which would have been an amazing game. I am very well aware of all the documents and emails about the outcome, I've followed it since 2013. Anyhow, if a magic girl ever "poped" up for sale under $15k, I'd snag it.

#160 7 years ago

The MG owners have been referred to as "lottery winners", since they are the only ones in this whole JPop fiasco that actually received something of value for their money. What's interesting, though, is that there might actually be a smaller subset of those people who are the real winners. If we assume that there are only a handful of collectors willing to shell out big bucks for an MG, then the people who took delivery of their MG's first have a true advantage over everyone else. Just some food for thought ...

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

Anyhow, if a magic girl ever "poped" up for sale under $15k, I'd snag it.

You mean if it "poped" up, you'd snog it.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

On a side note I'm not affiliated with Zidware

Fair enough. Are you affiliated with Jersey Jack?

Quoted from TotanMan:

Instead is scrapping the project, Jersey Jack should have taken over the project, nothing compares to JJ, they would have made this dream a reality, and if JJ did take it over I'd pay $15-$20k, unfortunately there's only a handful of people who would pay it therefore not filling demand. Once you go Jersey Jack you don't go back. With their talent, vision, and quality, they'd have easily completed MG.

Quoted from TotanMan:

He should have gone over to Jersey Jack and design a few games there.

For the record I'm a big Jersey Jack fan and would love to see him produce my RAZA.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You mean if it "poped" up, you'd snog it.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Fair enough. Are you affiliated with Jersey Jack?

For the record I'm a big Jersey Jack fan and would love to see him produce my RAZA.

Not affiliated with Jersey Jack, but I did meet Jack at Allentown one year, got an autograph, was blown away by WOZ even though the theme is not appealing. I bought the hobbit recently, you cant compare Stern or anything else to Jersey Jack. The quality is unmatched. The LCD screen is beautiful, you can't go back to DMDs from the 90s or anything new by Stern. It's a matter of taste really, I enjoy all 90s DMDs, the top 20 list, I owned most of them, love TOM, TOTAN, CV, TAF, TZ, STTNG etc... but once you own something from Jersey Jack, and you line it up next to something older, or even newer, JJ takes the cake.

Yes, if JJ took over to make RAZA, MG or Alice, man, that would be something. In fact if JJ started making original themed pins consistently after Dialed in, something like a new version of Theatre of Magic, I'd be all over that.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like magic!

more pics ! PLEASE

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

Yes, if JJ took over to make RAZA, MG or Alice, man, that would be something.

At one point, maybe two years ago, Popadiuk and Jersey Jack were in serious negotiations to build Magic Girl. I was involved then and I was very disappointed when Jack told me things didn't work out.

Hmm. Thinking about this now has my wheels spinning. Maybe Whysnow and Ben Heck are onto something.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

more pics ! PLEASE

MG

IMG_8795.PNGIMG_8795.PNG

IMG_8801.PNGIMG_8801.PNG

IMG_8796.PNGIMG_8796.PNG

IMG_8802.PNGIMG_8802.PNG

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Buy my RAZA spot for much less. Come join the wacky, zany, fun adventures of Zidware-land! Be a part of the excitement with: Missed deadlines, delusional thinking, forecast impossibilities, vague and misleading statements.
AND, if you act now, I will provide Jpop's phone number where you can listen to his voice mail over and over again. ** It's an I-Phone!! **
Visit the magical world of my sales hype here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland
Whysnow approved!

I would prefer your purple coated BBB, originally designated for Mike Pacak.

It has an equally intriguing story and is legitimately "very rare".

More importantly, I also know the game works, and is not a pinball albatross that requires both engineering and programming redesign.

There is nothing wrong with high values for prototypes, but worth is based on functionality as an important factor in this hobby.
New owners seem to fail to recognize this aspect in the "race" to own the game, and be "special".

It is going to take years to clean up this title, if knowledgable technicians and designers are even willing to participate.
People have already forgotten amazingly quickly that this has already been attempted TWICE, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Just another example of history repeating, but people not aware of the past. Old owners are cutting their anguish and getting out with some profit. New owners starting the cycle all over again.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

I've browsed pinside for years, I've been part of other forums. Decided to search for Magic Girl hence the reason for signing up.
On a side note I'm not affiliated with Zidware, so I don't have an official Zidware keychain to show off, I just love all of popadiuks games and disappointed with the outcome of magic girl which would have been an amazing game. I am very well aware of all the documents and emails about the outcome, I've followed it since 2013. Anyhow, if a magic girl ever "poped" up for sale under $15k, I'd snag it.

Add $10k to that number u might have a shot

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

I don't understand why anyone would pay 1/3 of that for a mostly non functional game.

#171 7 years ago

The ultimate irony: like a dozen MG are released and somehow kaneda is one of the people that actually receives one, and goes on to post some of the only videos of the gameplay on YouTube

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

The ultimate irony: like a dozen MG are released and somehow kaneda is one of the people that actually receives one, and goes on to post some of the only videos of the gameplay on YouTube

I think the ultimate irony is that Kaneda is halfway normal unlike most of the members on Pinside.

#173 7 years ago

The art is superb. I'd love to buy the translite. I watched the game play on youtube. Looks like an early beta version with some unsolved engineering issues.
I also like vintage cars, but they are not much fun if they don't drive/operate properly. Same goes for pinball machines.

#174 7 years ago

It's fun to pretend.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

Call me stupid but it's something I can't explain as a collector.

If we call you stupid, we risk "The Purge".

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If we call you stupid, we risk "The Purge".

Hey, it is stupid to pay the asking price for a MG that isn't fully functional, but we want what we can't have, and I am sure, the moment I unpack her, and start playing, I'll be thinking, "Wow am I stupid"

#177 7 years ago

For more restricted budgets, like mine, there's always the George Foreman Magic Grille, which functions as intended, without burning its customers.

Added over 7 years ago: Foreman claims to have sold more than 100 million Magic Grill grills (incorrectly spelled "grille" in my original post) and not one of them has an obscured LCD screen.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

For more restricted budgets, like mine, there's always the George Foreman Magic Grille, which functions as intended, without burning its customers.

Ok, I may have a laughed out loud at this one.... Well played

#179 7 years ago

There are now 3 for sale on Mr. Pinball. one for $20,000 one for 33,000 and one for $50,000.
Wow, major price spread.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ok, I may have a laughed out loud at this one.... Well played

Personally, I hope your game does sell at your listed price.
You "took the pain", and now it time to cash out on the patience and good fortune.
It is time to pass the hot mess onto someone else.
It is better than attempting to believe that letting it sit in the box for 10+ years is going to make it worth even more "big money", like other games of the past.
However, unlike other games of the past, this game remains partially unplayable for an indefinate period of time, which from the standpoint of a prototype is not entirely uncommon, but worse than other titles.

It is extremely unlikely the game will ever reach its full potential within the next 5 years without some really buckling down and going for that third round "ding ding" boxing bell on redesign.
Original contributors are somewhat fed up with the situation, and spending even more money to fix it is worse than buying the prototype as it stands.

The "price spread" gameshow quiz will remain until there is a consensus by knowledgeable collectors what the game is REALLY worth and some of the ultra super collectors have their games in their home. Then things will begin to settle down.
From the standpoint as a pinball historian, I have a hard time seeing this phase last more than two years, as the hype dies and people move on.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Is this yours? If so , what number?

Not a chance! Just posting a few picks. This is not a game on my wishlist.

Although it is interesting and looks as if it could have been a great game.

#183 7 years ago

#12 hmmm I think that's the edition with no outlane posts. I'm out.

GLWS

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from TotanMan:

he's just an artist.

Did anyone else laugh at this? You do know he doesn't draw the art on his games?

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

There are now 3 for sale on Mr. Pinball. one for $20,000 one for 33,000 and one for $50,000.
Wow, major price spread.

The one for 20 was the first one up and he immediately knew he priced it too low.
He got multiple offers bidding it up over that, he just never pulled the ad.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You "took the pain", and now it time to cash out on the patience and good fortune.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I don't expect it to sell for 40-50k but just figured it would be a good starting point and get the blood boiling between all the keyboard commando's who have zero dollars invested (much like this thread).

I suspect the current market value for these games will settle right around the 30k(ish) mark. Sad to say that between all the JPop games, lawyer fees and transportation fees that will leave just a few K profit for me AT MOST. Shit happens.

#186 7 years ago

Good luck to you fattrain hope someone with $$ money buys it and is happy, I know a guy who super rich multi million dollar house Rolls Royce with driver. To him $33k is like a penny to some other people.

So while I'm saying it's over priced or I wouldn't buy it because it doesn't seem like a good game. Perhaps a rich person won't think twice about the price.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Good luck to you fattrain hope someone with $$ money buys it and is happy, I know a guy who super rich multi million dollar house Rolls Royce with driver. To him $33k is like a penny to some other people.
So while I'm saying it's over priced or I wouldn't buy it because it doesn't seem like a good game. Perhaps a rich person won't think twice about the price.

Very true. It's all relative. If it doesn't sell it right now, no biggie. That doesn't change the amount in existence. You can also bet that whoever buys a collector piece like this won't sell it so they'll only become more and more sparce. It just seems like there is a ton available right now because everyone has been waiting 5 years and it finally got released. In a few years you will rarely see one of these for sale (especially after owners work on fleshing the game out, which make no mistake, is definitely already under way).

That's what I love about this hobby, the majority of people are always down to lend a hand. Some owners have already been scanning art, decals, manuals, schematics e.t.c. just so we have everything digitally in case we ever need it. Good people.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is time to pass the hot mess onto someone else.
It is better than attempting to believe that letting it sit in the box for 10+ years is going to make it worth even more "big money", like other games of the past.
However, unlike other games of the past, this game remains partially unplayable for an indefinate period of time, which from the standpoint of a prototype is not entirely uncommon, but worse than other titles.
It is extremely unlikely the game will ever reach its full potential within the next 5 years without some really buckling down and going for that third round "ding ding" boxing bell on redesign.
Original contributors are somewhat fed up with the situation, and spending even more money to fix it is worse than buying the prototype as it stands.
The "price spread" gameshow quiz will remain until there is a consensus by knowledgeable collectors what the game is REALLY worth and some of the ultra super collectors have their games in their home. Then things will begin to settle down.
From the standpoint as a pinball historian, I have a hard time seeing this phase last more than two years, as the hype dies and people move on.

Agreed, this is just round one, once this is over, I doubt you will see them for sale again in a public place...

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed, this is just round one, once this is over, I doubt you will see them for sale again in a public place...

Exactly. A prime example of this is games like Kingpin King Kong Krull Goin' Nuts e.t.c. They generally do not even get posted for sale publicly. The majority of the sales I know of all of these games have been private for the past few years (as well as the prices they sell for most of the time).

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Exactly. A prime example of this is games like Kingpin King Kong Krull Goin' Nuts e.t.c. They generally do not even get posted for sale publicly. The majority of the sales I know of all of these games have been private for the past few years (as well as the prices they sell for most of the time).

I bought the Delaware arcade kingpin... sold it a year later for close to $50k... guy who bought it from me sold it for more and the guy who has it now will never sell it

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I bought the Delaware arcade kingpin... sold it a year later for close to $50k... guy who bought it from me sold it for more and the guy who has it now will never sell it

That's the next remake.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Very true. It's all relative. If it doesn't sell it right now, no biggie. That doesn't change the amount in existence. You can also bet that whoever buys a collector piece like this won't sell it so they'll only become more and more sparce. It just seems like there is a ton available right now because everyone has been waiting 5 years and it finally got released. In a few years you will rarely see one of these for sale (especially after owners work on fleshing the game out, which make no mistake, is definitely already under way).
That's what I love about this hobby, the majority of people are always down to lend a hand. Some owners have already been scanning art, decals, manuals, schematics e.t.c. just so we have everything digitally in case we ever need it. Good people.

Has a situation ever arose where a couple of wealthy collectors got a bidding contest going to see who could acquire the most units of a limited item? Where some sort of a grudge match drove prices?

#194 7 years ago

This is literally dumber than that Michael Jackson re-theme that comes up for $100k every few years. At least that is a functional pinball machine, and actually one of a kind. I would advise anyone considering this ad to think about what a better deal the MJ pin is.

#196 7 years ago

I had a broken Target Alpha FS & asked for $350

We settled @ $200

Oct I bought TWD Pro. Seller asked for $4,200

We settled @ $4,000

To see numbers like $20K-$50K blows my mind but I drive a Honda & clean my own house like a common man

GLWTS

#197 7 years ago

76002219 (resized).jpg76002219 (resized).jpg

#198 7 years ago

These pins are for the elite. Btw why hasn't the Op made another post. I agree with another pinsider. I think he is Trolling the community.

#199 7 years ago

GLWTS bump.

I'd just say, this is like a 3/4 complete pin. It's not the same as a real pin like BBB or Kingpin. Maybe someone could cobble together a code and fix the mechanisms to make it play, but then it wouldn't be original and maybe an NIB would be worth more.

It reminds me of Tulip mania. At that time people were paying for the tulip bulbs, they didn't care about the flower the point was the tulip bulb was all that was valuable.

one story (not true) but the story was that someone bought the most rare Black tulip bulb that was only like a handful of this strain of bulb in the whole world so it was the most valuable. The man already owned one bulb himself. But he paid (what would be) the equivalent of $100K for one and when he bought it he just crushed it under his boot. Just so his other bulb would be that much more rare.

#200 7 years ago

Some of the comments in this FOR SALE thread are ridiculous and ignorant. If you were the OP, would you want to post again with some of the crap being said here? And no, he is not trolling....do 2 minutes worth of research and you will find this ad on several different websites. The best one is consider the Michael Jordan pinball instead advice.

Totally clueless comments because some people just have nothing better to do!

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-magic-girl/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.